Start by marking “The Beauty of Lies (Stand by Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Beauty of Lies (Stand by Me, #1)

The Beauty of Lies

(Stand by Me #1)

Secrets are exposed, trust is betrayed and two people face the beauty of lies.

Leo Jensen has a secret--he is Mr. Expose, a blogger that reveals the truth about liars and frauds. It's a way to make a living, and he's had a motherlode of experience with liars. Cheaters. Women who live for drama and carry more hidden baggage than a Boeing 747. Even his twin sister can't seem
Published October 6th 2015 by Sweet Biscuit Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Beauty of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beauty of Lies

London
I think this book really had the potential to be great, however, I think the OW drama just took away from the story. I think the bullshit with the ex girlfriend causing drama was unnecessary and I think it should have just focused on the postcard and the secrets between them. I did enjoy the fact that he was not a manwhore nor did he ever let girls touch him because he was so into the heroine. However, there was too much focus on his issues from his past relationship and all the random drama she ...more
Holly (epiloguebookblog)
When author Brinda Berry puts out something new, I drop everything I’m doing and dig in. So when she granted me a review copy of the first in her new series, I was over the moon about getting started. That being said, The Beauty of Lies exceeded my high expectations and then some!

What I noticed most prevalently about main characters Leo and Harper is how real they felt. Both were characters I could relate to, as their issues with trust—learning whom to trust—can be universally understood.

The au
Samantha
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 exposed and open hearts stars. From the beginning I wanted to know what was going to go about because Leo and Harper are very interesting beings. Harper seeks Leo out in order to prevent him from exposing her ex-husband which would hurt the daughter he never told her about while Leo is Mr. Expose who runs a largely popular blog exposing information people send in anonymously. The two should never touch each other but life always has a funny way of taking people for a ride.

When Harper moves in
Paula  Phillips
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Secrets are exposed, trust is betrayed and two people face the beauty of lies.

Leo Jensen has a secret life, to his friends he is plain old Leo but to the world, he is known as something more sinister and dangerous. To the world, Leo Jensen is known as Mr. Expose. He exposes the lies and secrets of the world and makes the public face up to their lies and hidden truths. Most people send Leo requests via postcards with their confessions or their stories - the ones they want to be published. For on
Coco.V
Apr 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/28/2019)! 🎁
Amity
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
4 stars.I really liked it.

What if you want to start with a clean slate but you accidentally send your life story to a website like Post Secret? What if you meet the girl who meets all your "requirements" but she reminds you of your ex? What would you do?

The title says "The Beauty of Lies" but I loved the truth shown in the pages. I love how it shows fragile friendships become when family is involved. It shows that we can find good experiences and people in terrible situations. It shows that we c
Na
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Kristin
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
THe Beauty of Lies is a great story about two people who have both been hurt by lies their loved ones tell. Leo had a really horrible relationship that left him unable to trust others. Meanwhile, Harper is dealing with the fact that her four year marriage was a farce. Not to mention the fact that Leo is the anonymous columnist, Mr. Expose. A segment where he writes about some of the things people anonymously write to him about.

In a fit of anger and hurt, Harper wrote to Mr. Expose about her sha
Poulami
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from Xpresso Book Tours for the blog tour in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was sooo sweet and so much fun! I was never bored for a second. The plot was intersting with strong characters which I absolutely loved. This was a light and short read which I enjoyed very much from the beginning till the end.

The story revolves around Harper whose husband recently died and she came to know that her whole marriage had been
Adriana Bonilla
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I picked up this book bc of the cover. I was in need of some new adult romantic that made me happy really fast and I thought this was the one.
I didn't read anything about before starting it and it was completly opposite of what I was thinking.

Harper made a mistake. She took the wrong path and ended with an awful guy for years.
Leo was in a similar situation. He felt for the wrong girl and she also created wound.
They both have this trust problems, they were not pretty sure about having a relatio
KelticKat
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this story really hit me in the "sweet spot"!

Its story about two people who've been broken by love, well not love exactly but by those they unwisely loved.

Harper is bitter and lashing out about the untimely death of her husband and the lies that came out as a result. She fires off a postcard to "Mr Expose" a blogger, who reveals liars, cheaters and frauds without thinking of the consequences.

Leo, Mr Expose, pays the bills with his blog while working on the Next Great American Novel. He has learn
Geri
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two people who are both missing pieces of their hearts for different reasons and going through life the best way they can, somehow end up being brought together. However, will they help each other and grow or will they be torn apart by each other? Leo is a blogger who seems to have a lot of ways of getting the dirt on people and expos es them all. When Harper needs to try and get something back that has the potential to hurt, things really pick up. The author weaves the back stories into the cur ...more
Amanda Grooms
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yet another free Amazon book. Also another new author. I did enjoy this book, but there were some aspects I found odd. I really liked Leo and Harley, and I thought that they had great chemistry. I wasn't crazy about Tori, Leo's stalker ex-girlfriend who threw an unnecessary wrench into their relationship, and I also wasn't crazy about Harley's breaking and entering-- no matter the reasoning behind it. Especially after they'd started to date! I appreciated her fessing up, but I would've preferred ...more
Zuzana
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review will be posted on my blog soon:)
Michelle van Rij
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: november-2015
This was the first book I’ve read from the author Brinda Berry, so I didn’t have any expectations at all. Which made it really easy for this book to exceed them, don’t you think? I was surprised and in a good way, resulting in 3.75 stars for The Beauty of Lies, rounding up to 4.

The concept of the story was brilliant. An anonymous blogger, Leo, stands for truth and exposing other’s secrets. Too bad his neighbor, the girl he tries not to have feelings for, has a big secret and she wants to keep i
Julie

description

You know what? Despite the not-so-great reviews that are being left about this book, I really enjoyed it! This is one of those times that I'm glad that I didn't read any reviews or info about a book before I picked it up because I probably would have been turned off and not picked it up at all. Sometimes I do read reviews before picking up a novel but I always stick to the higher ranking ones just because I don't want to hear the bad stuff until I decide it's bad stuff.

Anyhow ... I thought that
Kayla
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but the ending was too abrupt for my liking.
Love N. Books
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a love story that made me feel truly squiggly. In a good way. In an amazing way. Let’s face it. I read it because there is a unicorn reference in the synopsis. JUST KIDDING. That was only a minor reason I read it.

Let me first rewind and start by saying that this book and this author has been mistakenly underrated this year and overlooked by the masses. This was a mind blowingly awesome read. I’m glad I squeezed it into my 2015, because yeah, it became a fave. Brinda Berry. Give me more.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Harper is stalking Leo in order to get something back from him. Something that could be very damaging if it got out. What better way to get something back than to get to know the enemy? But what if you end up falling for him in the mean time? Oh things get real complicated, real fast.

I read this book until I couldn't read it no more. Meaning I read it until I was done. Finished. Complete. It was a fantastic book and we even get to see a character from one of her other series: Gunner. (Psst...I
Mignon Mykel
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars

In yet another solid Berry release, we have wanna-be writer Leo, who hides behind his Mr. Expose blog, and Harper Wade, who made a mistake and will do anything to get Mr. Expose to not publish her secret.

Including breaking and entering.

There were a few too-coincidental-to-be-true moments, but then again, with the research Harper did on Leo, perhaps they were more on purpose than coincidental, such as befriending Leo's twin and Leo's
Liz Gavin
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tous
The Beauty of LiesEven tough I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, I can guarantee it has had no impact whatsoever in my opinions expressed here.
Contrary to some reviewers, I don’t like giving spoilers so I won’t get into too many specific details in my analysis of Beauty of Lies. However, if you read the blurb you will know there are secrets to be revealed, trust to be regained, and mistakes to be forgiven. One can also infer there will be twists and surprises to be h
Carolina Godinho
I was given a ARC in exchange of a honest review.

The Beauty of Lies has a very interesting plot, I liked very much.
Leo is Mr. Expose, he has a blog where he exposes frauds and liars.
Angel is a follower, shes coming from a terrible situation and she exposed herself to him, but she regrets and wants her mail back. And thats how they meet.
In an unusual situation, they become neighbors and their relation developed to something more, much more. But, theyre bot
Paulien
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the book! The beginning seemed a bit desperate, but the way she begs him to give her the card back was pretty good! I liked the feeling of looking into desperate girl’s mind.

Character development
Leo: Is a man who is living life like a single man should. Not with girls and booze, but with friends and enjoying everything possible. But then he meets her. And this, he wasn’t expecting this. But why is he secretive about Mr. Expose?
Harper: She is something entirely different from what you
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I simply must start off by saying.. I loved this book. It brought out so many thought and feeling for me while reading it. The storyline had me thinking and reeling for hours!

Leo Jensen is a blogger who posts as Mr. Expose. He writes about other's faults and lies. He doesn't seem to deal well with other's keeping secrets. Once you realize he reasoning, you will completely see the reasoning behind it..

Harper Wade is new to town. She has moved her to escape her past and start living for h
Cassie
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Donna Sweeney
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.....

Sometimes I really have to give authors kudos for their storylines.......this is one of those times !!

This is Leo and Harper's story. Leo is a take no prisoner and hold no bars blogger and in a hissy fit Harper sends him a postcard venting about her recently deceased husband and his "double life". After a little cool down, she realizes that it was probably not the best idea she has ever had. As said ex deceased husban
Kendra Needs
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
THE BEAUTY OF LIES by Brinda Berry was a very good read till the very last page when it ended ( I mean that in both a good and bad way, the book was good but then it just ends in the middle of a scene, I'm hoping that book two, even though its about another one of the characters from this book, will give us more of Harper and Leo's story).

In this book we meet Harper, she has just lost her husband, or whom she thought was her husband till she learns that he has a wife and kid in another town. Ha
Melissa Killingbeck
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book in 2 days, it was such a great read. The story follows Harper a young woman who makes a devastating discovery about the man she married. While trying to put her life back together she decides to write a postcard to Mr Expose for some insight. Harper realizes this was a mistake and sets out to reclaim her postcard. She ends up stalking Leo aka Mr Expose and even goes as far as moving in across the hall from him. Leo is a charming, talented, sexy, and witty writer with his own iss ...more
Nicole
This was my first time reading Brinda Berry and I enjoyed the story. There were a couple of parts of the story that maybe fell a bit flat, but the idea behind the story is an entertaining read. I liked that Leo is the blogger in the book, I haven't read many stories in which the male lead character is a blogger, and then to be a blogger who people send their anonymous confessions to made it more interesting.

Leo doesn't trust people easily and he can be a bit gruff at times, but he's still a ver
Medavis66
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Very applicable to today's world. Leo is a writer. Currently he is freelancing as a blogger known as Mr. Expose. He gets his stories from anonymous readers via postcards. He exposes liars and cheats - frauds. He has been lied to and it almost broke him. Harper comes into his life. First through emails and then in person. She has also been lied to and hurt. Originally, she wanted to expose the source of her pain through Leo's blog. However, then she realizes how an innocent child woul ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
New Adult Book Club: #176/15 The Beauty of Lies by Brinda Berry 43 69 Dec 23, 2015 08:37AM

• Private Politics (The Easy Part, #2)
  • The Edge of Forever
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Own Me (Silver Strands #3)
  • Solo
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • The Dom Project (LA Doms, #1)
  • Lights. Camera. Marriage! (Sudden Falls #5)
  • Colorado Cowboy Christmas  (Peakview, Colorado, #5)
  • Billionaire Blackmail (Billionaire Blackmail, #1)
  • A Mess of Reason
  • Accidental Agent (River's End Ranch, #3)
  • Adapted for Film
  • Addicted to You (Port Lucia #1)
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Say Something... (Speak, #1)
  • Impossible (Huntsford Hearts, #1)
  • BEND (Vegas Heat, #1)
Brinda Berry lives in the southern US with her family. Brinda is obsessed with cairn terriers, Kings of Leon, illustrated cookbooks, new technology and sandy beaches. She dreams of finding the perfect pillow--no small feat. She's also terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality.

Join Brinda Berry's Readers Group: https://brindaberry.com/mailing-list/

More ways to co

Stand by Me (4 books)
  • The Fiction of Forever (Stand by Me, #2)
  • Fit for Love (Stand By Me #3)
  • The Possibility of Perfect (A Stand By Me Novel, #4)
“Ah, Josie. She has a heart for strays. She’s like the proverbial cat lady, but with people.” 0 likes
“Lying to yourself is the ultimate betrayal, a foolish indulgence which only gets you into more trouble.” 0 likes