Start by marking “Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products” as Want to Read:
Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products

Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products

With more than 500 new apps entering the market every day, what does it take to build a successful digital product? You can greatly reduce your risk of failure with design sprints, a process that enables your team to prototype and test a digital product idea within a week. This practical guide shows you exactly what a design sprint involves and how you can incorporate the ...more
Published October 18th 2015 by O'Reilly Media (first published September 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Design Sprint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Design Sprint

Jonathan
Mar 30, 2016 rated it liked it
There's a lot of evidence to suggest the book wasn't even proofed before it was published. There are spelling mistakes all over it and even an entire paragraph repeated on pages 158 and 162.

It's a short book padded out with irrelevant or uselessly vague anecdotes and photos that don't relate to the topic under discussion.
For example page 168 discusses how to use a 2x2 matrix. The text says 'draw a Cartesian coordinate "+" on a board. A what? How big? Frustratingly there's a large image on the
Kars
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: design, non-fiction
Useful, but slightly boring. This is largely a collection of exercises, most of which should be familiar to designers with some experience. The value is in the 'framework' of the design sprint which ties it all together. I can see myself selling this to clients as a design consultant. And I can also see myself suggesting it as a kick-off for a new larger project. But I expect to do some serious tailoring in all cases.
Dmos
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Easy to digest and very hands on. Great reference for collaborative and cross disciplinary design processes.
Simon Vandereecken
Aug 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
Comparé au livre fondateur de la méthodologie Sprint, Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days, ce livre n'apporte au final pas grand chose à part une litanie de manières de réduire la méthodologie Sprint en charpie pour satisfaire à des exigences de grandes entreprises. La force du Sprint étant de compresser un process en un très petit nombre de jour comparé aux gros projet, ce livre déforce à mes yeux l'ensemble du process. La profusion d'ateliers peut sembler int ...more
Kresimir Mudrovcic
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really useful book for anyone interested in the design sprint as a technique. PMs, designers, CEOs could all benefit from using design sprints and reading this book when planning new products, features...
It is written in the easy to digest language with practical toolkit in the end.
Mystery
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
If you know nothing about a design sprint, then this books takes you from 0 to 10. But that's what it is and that's what it does. It doesn't teach you any more or less, and that can be boring or interesting depending on your intention for reading it. I knew nothing about a design sprint, so I was happy to learn about the process. But as a designer, I didn't have a place to apply it. But if i did want to, I guess I could reference it.
Vladislav Gomzyakov
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This is a great book for anybody involved into a digital project design process. It covers the whole process from the discovery of opportunities/issues to quick prototyping and validation of the project premises. This framework is lean and agile, allowing to check the validity of the project at a minimum cost and come up with most effective solutions in a short period of time.
Daniel Pawelec
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book in polish. Reading it was somehow awkward. Maybe it was just bad polish translation.
Eric Brown
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ux-and-usability
If you want to include your cross-functional team in innovative product development this is an excellent read. Very good step-by-step guide with practical tools on how to conduct a design sprint.
Enrico
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh. Molto polistirolo a riempire il vuoto, scrittura sciatta, capoversi di capoversi di banalità, ripetizione. Sembra scritto in fretta da persone senza gran esperienza. Arrivo alla fine perché ha un'impostazione pratica, ha le checklist, dice niente di nuovo ma mette in fila punti da ricordare quando provi a mettere in piedi qualcosa nello spirito di un design sprint («a cathartic timeboxed design cycle driven by assumptions and bookended with customer input and feedback») e dà qualche buon co ...more
Frank Capria
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very practical approach to validating an idea in a very short period of time. It's a structured approach, but the presentation is not dogmatic as so much of the books in this genre can be. Perhaps I was biased after attending a panel of the smart and down-to-earth authors that was refreshingly light on theory.
Stephen Collins
A useful, practical approach to doing one or many design sprints.

As someone who uses this technique, it was good to see a combination of validation of my work, new ideas, and clues as to where I'm not getting it right.
Anna Epishcheva
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good reference book, I've found couple techniques to re-use
Brian Collins
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Maybe good for people early in their UX careers.
No Name