Start by marking “Murder On The Menu (Celebrity Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder On The Menu (Celebrity Mystery, #1)

Murder On The Menu (Celebrity Mystery #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Lizzie Carter desperately needed to escape from the disaster of her old life but her new one is shaping up to be even worse!

After Lizzie's new boss, celebrity chef Armand, is stabbed in his own kitchen, Lizzie finds herself at the top of the suspect list.

Determined to clear her name she’s forced to enlist the services of her new neighbour, Celebrity Crimes Investigation
Published September 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Murder On The Menu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder On The Menu

Carol
Mar 27, 2016 added it
This is the first book I have read by Zanna McKenzie and I enjoyed this book. If you like fast reading romance mystery books with a strong female character, then this book is for you. Lizzie leaves her journalist boyfriend in London and moves into the farmhouse in Cumbria that was left to her by her aunt and uncle. She takes a job at Veggies as a waitress until she can make enough money from the farm. When Celebrity Chef Armand is murdered, Lizzie finds herself on the top of the suspect list. Li ...more
Kathleen
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
In Murder On The Menu, the first book in the Celebrity Mystery Series, author Zanna Mackenzie weaves an entertaining cozy mystery tale that will keep the reader engaged and wanting more.

Lizzie Carter leaves London after breaking up with her journalist boyfriend to restart her life at a farmhouse that she inherited from her aunt and uncle in the scenic English countryside of Cumbria. She gets a job as a waitress at a local restaurant called The Veggies, but when her new boss and celebrity Chef Ar
Mary
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie has left her job in London after calling it quits with her journalist boyfriend. Her uncle has passed away and left her the farm in Cumbria. Struggling to make ends meet, she is working part time as a waitress at the local restaurant with Celebrity Chef Armand. Chef Armand is a bit of a creepy perv, and one evening Lizzie is forced to stay late after her shift to work on a special assignment. As she is leaving to head home that evening, she sees a dark figure darting across the parking lo ...more
Toni
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Carter is hiding away from her old life and I think we can all relate to that. I found it easy to jump into this characters shoes and ride along with her during the stress of discovering she was the main suspect in the murder of a celebrity chef she was working for in a small farming community. Luckily, Jack Mathis, a CCIA (Celebrity Crimes Investigation Agency) agent is helping out his brother in a neighboring farm. He has the know how to assist Lizzie during her time of need.

This was n
Caroline Fardig
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic start to a great new series!

I was very pleased to find a new series by Zanna Mackenzie. I love her Amber Reed series, and this one didn't disappoint. Murder on the Menu is fun and romantic--I love the new team of Lizzie and Jack. This book has everything you want in a cozy--a great mystery that left me guessing until the end, a hunky leading man, a straight-talking heroine, and a cast of memorable characters. The descriptions of the area left me wanting to plan a vacation there. I ca
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
This was really good. A mystery and a romance all rolled into one. I loved the two main characters, Lizzie and Jack. It's Lizzie's sleezy and obnoxious boss, Chef Armond who is murdered - in his own restaurant late at night, after Lizzie is the last to leave, and the last person (other than the killer) to see him alive. Of course the cops suspect her, but Jack, a suspended agent with the CCIA, comes to her rescue and helps her solve the mystery while they begin to fall in love. A really good mys ...more
Rhonda
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! I loved this book. I liked the story with all it's complexities. I loved the characters. The reading was easy and the book kept you reading until the end! Great who done it! Given copy for honest review.
Wanda
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another book set in England in a little village. It was a cute easy read with some romance and a murder. If you like those cozy mysteries I recommend this one for you.
Charles Ray
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unlucky in love, Lizzie Carter left her high-powered PR job in London for small town life when her uncle died and left her his farm. Now, she spends her days trying to learn to bake, tending the farm, and working as a waitress for a celebrity chef who is a bit too hands-on with the female employees.
Then the grabby chef ends up stabbed in the kitchen of his restaurant, and Lizzie, the last known person to see him alive, is suspect number one. Jack Mathis, brother of a neighbor, a suspended specia
Wendy
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

(copied from Amazon.com)

A dead celebrity chef boss. A sexy spy living next door. Lizzie's in big trouble...

Waitress Lizzie's horrible and much hated celebrity chef boss is dead; stabbed with a knife in his own restaurant kitchen. When the police discover she was officially the last person to see him alive, they put Lizzie right at the top of their suspect list.

Now, panicked and fighting to clear er name, she's forced to team up with her handsome and intriguing new neighbor,
Mary Cokenour
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is something about British mysteries that makes me read them more than many American authors. While the characters are the typical "proper British" behavior types, the influx of humor and quirkiness makes them more charming and irresistible. This first in the Celebrity Mystery series does it for me and I'm hooked; definitely determined to follow the lives, and mysteries involved in, by Lizzie and Jack.

So, Lizzie inherits a farm from a beloved aunt who has passed on, but to make ends meet,
Janet L. Hage
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Murder of a top chef

My boss is terrible. He cannot keep his hands off not only me but every female within arms length. When I go to work after the boss keeps her after work and makes another pass at her, I find that I am the last known person to see him before he is found dead with a knife in back. I am now first on the list of murder suspects. Mark, the neighbor's brother is a detective, etc, on leave, and he jumps in to prove her innocent. Well developed mystery with well-developed characteriz
Cheryl
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in the series and first time reading this author. The main character is Lizzie and she is the last person to see her boss alive. After he is murdered , The cops start looking at her as the main suspect. She ends up teaming up with her neighbors brother Jack, who solves celebrity crimes for real. They have a heck of a time figuring out who did it and almost get killed doing it. I loved it. Look forward to many more adventures.
Sharon M. Turner
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Dead Chef. A Mysterious Neighbor. An Innocent Suspect.

Lizzie escapes her lecherous boss late one night, only to find that he's been killed when she returns to work the next day. Help comes in the form of her new neighbor. With his mysterious past can she trust him, especially with the miserable past she is escaping. Suspect after suspect pass through their investigation. Who will be proven to be the knife wielding murderer?
Karin
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have heard of a humorous mystery, a romantic mystery and a cozy mystery. But this is my first humorous, romantic, cozy mystery. I didn’t really know what I was letting myself in for. I ended up enjoying the story very much and I recommend it – even though I didn’t guess who dun it till the end!!!
Susie Chamberlain
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So Enjoyed This Book!

The descriptions were great of the town, people and they are detailed! It was so good I felt like I was in the town and riding around in Daisy and the crazy back roads with all the twist and turns. What was really great was i had in my mind who the killer was! NOT! Really enjoyable snd worth the read!
Holly
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, light cozy mystery

Just what I like in a cozy mystery: interesting but normal characters, a great mystery & romance! Lizzie inherits a house so she relocates. She meets Jack who is helping his brother on the farm next door . The chef at the restaurant Lizzie works at is murdered. Who did it? A really enjoyable cozy mystery!
Denise Sparks
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Romantic Mystery

If you ignore the misspellings and the left out words, this book is a way to relax for an hour or two in a lightly veined romantic mystery. The description of the countryside is well done and most of the characters are well defined.
Patricia Knudslien
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

It feels as though you are right there with the characters as the plot moves along. Lots of twists and turns. It is an easy fun read.
Kathi
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable cozy mystery. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Chris Mallett
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder On The Menu: A Humorous Romantic Cozy Mystery ( A Recipe For Disaster Cozy Mystery Book 1) by Zanna McKenzie

It is books like these that keep reminding me of why I love reading! These Authors deserve so much from us readers! Check out this book by Zanna McKenzie!
Sandra Olson
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great story spun with enough details to keep you guessing. Loved the setting and characters. Hope they keep up the good work.
Amber
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Muder

This books was a cute quick read, I enjoyed trying to figure out the killer right a long with them
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very entertaining story!

Murder on the Menu was a wonderful book, enjoyed reading this story, I am glad that this is a series. Can't wait to read the others
Robin Resch
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book in the past and re-read it. Liked it just as much as the first time. Liked the story line, characters and setting.
Lisa
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Lizzie Carter has moved to her recently inherited farm in the country, leaving behind her former life as a marketer in London. To supplement her income, she takes on a waitress gig, and her new boss is celebrity chef Armand...who hits on all the female staff, it seems. The morning after she stays late to help him with some marketing, Lizzie pulls in to work only to find the place surrounded by police who inform her Armand has been murdered. Guess who's he prime suspect? Fortunately for Lizzie, t ...more
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
Not read this author before but I like mysteries that surround food, though this one didn't have a lot to do with food as much as the person who was killed was a chef.

Lizzie works for a creep at a restaurant dubbed The Veggies by those who eat there. Chef Armand is a jerk and hits on all the ladies and Lizzie is one of them. She might have wished he was dead or dreamed of it happening but she never thought it would actually happen and her be the prime suspect.

Someone killed Armand on the night h
Sapphyria
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
After severing ties with her life in London, Lizzie comes back to her hometown to run the small farm left to her by relatives. In order to make ends meet, Lizzie works for an upscale restaurant that is owned by an octopus. After a particularly long shift with Armand, the owner, Lizzie is glad for an escape. The next morning she returns to work only to be told that he's been murdered. As the last person to see him alive, Lizzie is now suspect number one.

Fortunately, her neighbor's brother is in t
Carole
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy a cozy mystery with a celebrity murder, a little romance, lots of suspects, a challenging plot, likeable characters, set in a pretty English village -- then you're going to love Murder on the Menu.

When Lizzie leaves the bright lights of London to return to her roots in the quiet and quaint Cumbrian hills in the North of England she doesn't expect to be the main suspect in the murder of her celebrity chef boss Armand. A boss who she dislikes intensely as he is a pretentious, loud, ob
Linda
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given his ARC in exchange for an honest review and I fell in love with book one! Taking a sabbatical from her disaster of old life in London, Lizzie Carter moves into her inherited rural farm in Cumbria and takes a job to waitress in the only restaurant for miles around to supplement her income as the farm needs work. She hates her womanizing celebrity chef boss as he hits on anything that wears a skirt. She wants nothing to do with men as she has split in a nasty way from her reporter boy ...more
in menu giá rẻ 1 1 Mar 09, 2018 09:07AM
  • Knock on Wood (Superstition Mystery, #2)
  • Murder in the Arboretum (Cold Creek #2)
  • Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1)
  • Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder (Pizza Lovers, #2)
  • A Geek Girl's Guide to Arsenic (Geek Girl Mysteries #2)
  • Fatal Fairies (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #8)
  • Fifty Shades of Greyhound (Pampered Pets Mystery #5)
  • A Pain in the Tuchis (A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery #2)
  • A Far Gone Night (Thomas O'Shea Mystery, #2)
  • Olive and Let Die (Greek to Me Mystery #2)
  • Maggie Dove
  • Grilled and Seasoned With Murder (A Josie Rizzo Cozy Mystery #1)
  • A Muddied Murder (A Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • A Charming Fatality (Magical Cures Mystery #7)
  • A Talent for Murder (A Flower Patch Mystery #1)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (The Country Club Murders #3)
  • Stabbing in the Senate (Washington Whodunit, #1)
  • Tea Cups and Carnage (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #7)
Zanna Mackenzie lives in the UK with her husband, 3 dogs, a vegetable patch that’s home to far too many weeds and an ever expanding library of books waiting to be read.

Being a freelance writer and editor of business publications is her ‘day job’ but, at every opportunity, she can be found scribbling down notes on scenes for whatever novel she’s working on. She loves it when the characters in her
More about Zanna Mackenzie

Celebrity Mystery (3 books)
  • Holiday Heist (Celebrity Mystery, #2)
  • Murder At The Bake Off (Celebrity Mystery, #3)