Jump to ratings and reviews

Confidence Your Secret Weapon: A Guide to Building Confidence

Confidence Your Secret Weapon is a personal development guide that provides readers with the tools they need to improve confidence, develop high self-esteem, and set goals to achieve their dreams. Ashley Korin McLean shares the concepts, skills and techniques that helped transform her from a timid and shy teenager, to a successful entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker.

Confidence Your Secret Weapon delivers basic exercises designed to help instigate confidence building tactics and methodologies that can be utilized in everyday life. Confidence Your Secret Weapon will help readers form a healthy and self-assured thought process, and to recognize that confidence is a never ending journey, where there is always room for growth and improvement.

Kindle Edition

First published September 4, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ashley Korin McLean

2 books8 followers
Ashley Korin McLean is a model, motivational speaker and entrepreneur, who is dedicated to helping others in their personal development, especially young adults. She is also the founder of the Korin Black Project, a charitable foundation that aims to inspire, support and empower young girls and women to become poised and confident leaders in their personal lives and careers.

A graduate of Bradley University, Ashley Korin earned a Bachelor’s degree in advertising and multimedia. When not spending time with her family, she enjoys traveling, speaking to teens and young adults in the areas of self-improvement and working in the fashion industry. She is a proud Chicago native.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (50%)
4 stars
3 stars
1 (50%)
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for CommonBookSense.
142 reviews6 followers
January 4, 2017
Confidence your Secret Weapon is one of those motivational/self-help books that make you take notice. I literally highlighted five key points within the first few pages. Ashley McLean's "former" self is one that I can relate to. I was her in high school. I can very vividly remember the dreadful days of having to read aloud in class. There were times I felt physically ill....wondering if I was the only person who dreaded speaking in front of others. THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR THAT GIRL. It was written in a way that promotes self reflection, while being extremely relatable.

I am certain that I will revisit this book again. It will be my secret "refresher course," anytime I feel like my confidence is wavering. I feel like this would be the perfect book for a high school English to start a new school year with. I know it is definitely one that my daughter will be reading!

You can find this review (along with many more) here, on the CommonBookSense website. Check it out!
Profile Image for Aurelia McNeil.
Author 6 books3 followers
November 29, 2015
Confidence Your Secret Weapon is both a personal development guide and memoir which explains how the author, Ashley McLean, transforms from a shy teenager to a confident speaker and author.

After describing the word, confidence, as the way we feel about our ability to perform a task, Ashley explains how our beliefs become reality, that is how we perceive others will directly influence how we are perceived. She provides useful suggestions to combat intrusive thoughts such as thinking positively, taking action to resolve problems, and changing our self-talk.

Some of the information such as creating SMART goals can be found in other sources. The explanation regarding the difference between performance and outcome goals is unclear. However, Ashley identifies characteristics of resilience such as optimism, the ability to regulate one's emotions, and the capacity to see failure as a form of helpful feedback.

The language is simple to understand. Journal exercises and questions, which stimulate self-reflection, are provided in the text. Therefore, I recommend Confidence Your Secret Weapon for anyone who would like to build or rebuild confidence and self-esteem.

My favorite quote: "Understanding our worth in life will enable us to face the future with reassurance that we . . . are defined by own ability to learn and grow and persevere when faced with challenges." Ashley McLean

To have your book reviewed or to read more reviews, visit http://www.McNeilsReviews.com
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.