Start by marking “Retribution (Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods, #2)” as Want to Read:
Retribution (Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods, #2)

Retribution

(Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods #2)

Second book in the War of the Gods Trilogy.
ebook
Published March 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Retribution, please sign up.
Nja I am from the EU as well. But I'll order this via fishpond. It was great for the Melina Marchetta books. fingers crossed this will be shipped too.
…more
(less)

Annamarie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I enjoyed the first book, but overall thought it was going a bit too fast. I expected the same from the second one, but oh boy, did Fallon get back to her usual awesome writing. We have about a dozen storylines who all happen at the same time, are all connected and work really well together. Half the time I couldn't decide if I was happy that a chapter was over and I could move on to another character or if I wanted to stay with the previous one.

Fallon managed to write compelling characters t
Tsana Dolichva
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Retribution by Jennifer Fallon is the second book in the War of the Gods trilogy, preceded by The Lyre Thief which I have also read and reviewed. As you might guess from the series title, this is a big fat fantasy book. And, being the second in the series, is not a good place to start reading. I definitely recommend starting with The Lyre Thief, or even the earlier two series: The Hythrun Chronicles and the Demon Child Trilogy.

I have been a fan of Fallon's writing for many years now (much longer
Connie53
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Ik blijf Jennifer Fallon een geweldige schrijfster vinden. Ook dit deel zat weer vol met plotwendingen en humor. En nu is het wachten tot het derde deel in deze sub-trilogie binnen de Hythrun Chronicles verschijnt. Dat zal nog wel even duren maar ik hoop dat ze hard aan het schrijven is aan dat deel.
Nardia
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Continuing to be totally consumed by this series. Although I think the writing is technically weaker than the previous two trilogies, the characters are still fascinating and the plot is an emotional rollercoaster that has me eagerly anticipating the next book.

I did feel there was some repetitive exposition. Not just of things that had happened in prior books, but it felt like some things within this book were being repeated over and over just to fill up space... but I moved on from that quickly
Lisa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jennifer Fallon's books and I realy wanted to know how the story of the Lyre-Thief continues. I
orderd the book in the internet and they shipped it to Europe for me. The two month waiting were totally worth it.
I couldn't stop reading und it was over all too soon. That is the only pity. I easily could have read a book with trice its lenght. Fallon's way too write never gets boring. ;)
There was a chliffhanger in the end, but in my opinion it was not es bad as the last time. It felt more like
Elizabeth Fitzgerald
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aww2017
The Lyre Thief was one of my favourite books of 2016, so I was delighted to get the opportunity to review the sequel. It didn't disappoint.

Being an epic fantasy, the book has a large cast of characters. I didn't stop to reread the first book, instead choosing to dive in. It was a bit of an effort to remember who everyone was, but I soon got my feet under me. The book also has a cast of characters in the back to help, should you need it.

One thing I loved most about this series is that there are w
Taylor
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Gottschalk
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
All to often the second book in a trilogy is the one in which not much happens and one basically fills in time waiting for the final installment. Happily, this was not the case with 'Retribution'.

I thoroughly enjoyed this installment and it has the added benefit of working quite well as a 'stand alone' novel. The characters were beautifully detailed and are of the kind that you either love them, or love to hate them.

The story moved at a solid pace (not too fast and not too slow) and quite a few
Lark
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A good continuation of the story. The Lyre Thief left us with a little bit of a cliffhanger, so I'm glad Retribution quickly brought us back into the story without much gap.

The ending was wrapped up a little too cleanly while also setting the stage for the book 3's villains.

A solid book 2 in this series.
Saidah Gilbert
Oct 07, 2017
Eva Kahn
Feb 21, 2018
ZigZagSuck
rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2016
Aug 21, 2017
Emily Sheehan
Mar 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Inheritance (Keys of Power. Book 1)
  • Skyfire (The Seven Signs, #1)
  • Timesurfers
  • Medair (Medair, #1-2)
  • TimeStorm
  • The Fall of the Dagger (The Forsaken Lands, #3)
  • Dead Empire (Black Wolves, #2)
  • The Girl on the Liar's Throne (Erebus Sequence, #3)
  • Tymon's Flight (Chronicles of the Tree, #1)
  • The Hush
  • To The Sea
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • Allegiance (River of Souls, #3)
  • The Witch Who Courted Death
  • Chicks and Balances (Chicks in Chainmail, #6)
  • Long Lost Song
  • Deathblade
  • Valorian (Dark Horse, #3)
Fallon is the author of 17 full-length bestselling novels and a number of published short stories in genres ranging from horror to science fiction.

In addition to 4 complete fantasy series - The Demon Child trilogy, The Hythrun Chronicles, the Second Sons Trilogy,The Tide Lords Quadrilogy and the Rift Runners series - Fallon has written both a tie-novel and short fiction for the TV series, Stargat

Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods (4 books)
  • The Lyre Thief (Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods, #1)
  • Covenant (Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods, #3)
  • Brakandaran the Halfbreed (Hythrun Chronicles: War of the Gods, #4)