Start by marking “Perilous Promises (Hawk Point, #2)” as Want to Read:
Perilous Promises (Hawk Point, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Perilous Promises (Hawk Point #2)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
She can survive anything except the men who love her.
Perris Dalton doesn’t need a man. She left southwest Wyoming broken, so transformed by fighting cancer even her big hunk of a lawman couldn’t make love to her. Now she’s back.
Her new job is to mitigate conflicts with raptors at a power plant’s coal mine. There’s no reason for her path to cross her ex-husband’s. But whe
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 197 pages
Published September 24th 2015 by C. A. Williams (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Perilous Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perilous Promises

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sharrice Aleshire
See my original review up on my blog!

I received a copy of Perilous Promises for an honest review.

Perri is a survivor and doesn’t need any man to help her. Not her ex-husband, her brother, her father, or her faculty members. Even when protestors begin to become personal and single her out at her job at the Red Mining Company Perri stands on that she can do everything on her own. When the threats become worse Noah Perri’s ex-husband finally steps in and he intends to stay there this time instead
Joecool Review
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my second book by Christi Williams and it definitely blew me away just as the first had done. There is so much between the main characters that it is hard to tell if they can overcome it!! You can read my review of Take a Chance on Love and trust me BOTH books are worth the time!!! As a side note....this cover is so perfect for this book! This is exactly how I would picture Noah and Perris! :-)

Christi has a way of dragging you right into the middle of a character and all their issues. P
Lydia H
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

This is my second novel by Christi Williams and it's safe to say that her books get better and better. I absolutely LOVE the fact that they are completely realistic. HUGE PLUS for me. This allows me, as a reader, to connect with the story lines.
"Noah loved Perri. He would always love her. But he would let her go, precisely because he loved her."

Five years ago, Perris and Noah Dalton had been married and very much in love. Then, Perris got breast cancer. Noah started seeing her as
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

Rarely do I read romance novels with heavy, realistic or even controversial themes, they're not my style. However Christi Williams' Perilous Promises was a book I made an exception for. Perilous Promises is the story of a woman named Perris's journey after breast cancer, who she wants to be, and the painful, but necessary decision to divorce her loving but suffocating husband (and love of her life), Noah. It shows that though people may have the best i
Daisy Sloan
This review will appear at My Secret Romance Book Reviews

Perilous Promises tells the story of a woman who has gone through so much. She’s survived cancer, fought her way back to health, finished her degree and found a job she loves.

I really wanted to like Perilous Promises. I have some things in common with Perris and thought it would appeal to me. However, it just didn’t work that way.

I found I didn’t like Perris. She was selfish and didn’t think of how her behavior affected others. She was co
Alyson LaBarge
It seems much more recently but in 2004 my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He fought and won for three wonderful years but once we all heard the initial diagnosis, nothing ever was the same. Two years ago, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is still fighting and winning but as her family has tried to adapt and adjust, we have all made time to be with her as much as possible. Bottom line: Cancer is terrifying for the patient AND those who love them.

Adapting to the new 'normal'
Shanean
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perilous Promises is a refreshing realistic romance, full of imperfect characters with real life problems.

The opening of the story really had me in shock and I had to stop and think, put myself in Perri’s shoes and ask how I would deal with a horrible decease like breast cancer and a suffocating husband. What really broke my heart was how much her husband Noah loved her. He loved her so much that he was able to see there was a problem, he just couldn’t figure out how to fix it, so of course he
Crystal Marie
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can tell that a book is a good read when even if you have an idea as to what is going to happen at the end, you keep reading the story. That was the case for this story with me. I had a really strong idea with how it was going to end, but I couldn't put the book down once I started it.

If you are looking for a gentle romance, then this is the book for you for sure. There is no BDSM or anything like that during the course of the story, it is just a regular old fashion romance. The characters t
Brenda- Naughty Bits' Book Reviews

I really liked Perilous Promises. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer because she refused treatment and would rather die then to feel the way Perris felt. That alone pulled me closer to Perris. After being married to the same man for more then 12 years and finding out I'm at high risk for getting it too made me realize I am also more frightened over how my husband would react after surgery then battling the cancer itself. Breast cancer is a growing issue in the world today and while treatment
Shirley
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perris fought and survived breast cancer, and despite the efforts of her father, brother and husband to support her, she flees her hometown to begin a new life, including divorcing her husband Noah. She wants to live her life, NOT be stuck in the past with what she perceives as pity from those who love her.

Noah loves Perris, yet when she asks for a divorce, he doesn’t fight her, but he also doesn’t stop loving her.

When Perris returns to her home town for her job, threats from an overzealous envi
Rhonda
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The premise of Perilous Promises is a promising start to a book. I was excited to get a chance to read it. The book sounds like it will be an amazing journey for a couple struggling. The book left me feeling frustrated. I really didn’t like the heroine. I understand Perris went thru the ringer, but she pissed me off with her not wanting any help whatsoever and then getting mad when the men in her life did as she asked. It was a no-win situation for Noah.

After all her going on about how she didn
Reading Write
Reviewed by Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

"The emotions between Perris and Noah are sweet, their commitment to each other is clear, regardless of their resistance to revisit what they once shared. 5 years is a long time to work through the issues and barriers that ended their marriage in the first place, without factoring in the fact they had both moved on, grown and matured (well at least a little bit)."

For the full review visit

★★Sara Lizzy★★
Review to come soon....
☆ Sammy ☆彡
rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2013
Christi Williams
Aug 02, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tracey
Dec 27, 2014
Sherri Williamson
Jun 16, 2015
The premise of Perilous Promises 1 4 Aug 27, 2013 08:27PM
Christi Williams is the author of a novel, a short story and a novella in the sweet, sensual Wyoming Romances series. "To the One I Never Forgot" is a short story that launches the series of contemporary Western romances. Gianna and Zack were too young for love when they were separated. Now, all grown up, can Gianna be reunited with the one she never forgot? The mildly paranormal novel of star-cro ...more
More about Christi Williams

Hawk Point (3 books)
  • Take a Chance on Love (Hawk Point, #1)
  • Clay's Quest (Hawk Point, #3)