Start by marking “My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent: How Chip Became C.H.I.P. and Foiled the Freaky Fuzzy Invasion” as Want to Read:

From school goof to secret agent in just a few easy clicks...

“It’s funny. Really, really funny. And not only the writing, the drawings are funny too. The plot is exciting and it is almost impossible to work out what’s going to happen next. The author has an amazing imagination.” Wishing Shelf 5★ review

"Highly entertaining and extremely imaginative." "The characters... st
Published August 29th 2015 by Richard Clark (first published August 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent

Briar's Reviews
This book is serious fun! It's silly, zaney and full of hilarity!

The pictures in the book are incredibly amusing, and go along perfectly with the story! The story is a little out of this world (a kid designing a microchip that goes on your tooth and make you a secret agent?!) but that's why it's so good! This is the type of creativity and imagination I needed in my childhood books! I've been waiting for this kind of awesome for years!

I'd say this book is a mix of secret agents, superheroes and
Rosie
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whiz-kid, Nort McKrakken, has created something ingenious which will make crime-fighting easier – a C.H.I.P. (Computerized Heroic Incredible Person), able to transform regular human beings into superheroes. Nort’s father, Colonel Brock McKrakken, is in charge of security in the tiny town of Vortville, but has a habit of destroying half the city with each task. The colonel is obsessed with catching and imprisoning The Big Cheese – a supervillain so-named for stinking up the city with his Limburge ...more
Billy Buttons
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A WISHING SHELF BOOK REVIEW
14th August, 2017
TITLE: My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent
AUTHOR: Richard Clark
Star Rating: *****

CATCHY QUOTE
‘Not only funny, but very exciting too. If you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you’ll love this!’ Wishing Shelf

REVIEW
When asked to offer feedback to the author of My Best Friend is a Secret Agent I thought, ‘OH NO! It’s a kids’ book.’ And, you know what, it is a kids’ book and, here’s the shocker, I’m 38 years old and I loved it. And so did my daughter who sat and rea
Ronel Sidney
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. It's one of those books when you read that you can't put down you just want to keep reading. It's very action packed and it has a great story line great for your kids that are about to be or are in middle school.
Mary Roe
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice

I like stories with action. I’m author of the children’s middle grade books as well and my books are also full of action. But, I think would be better to little bit slow down this story. I very like combination of very clever and very stupid boys in friendships.
Jo-Marie Jo-Marie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Cool Secret Agent or Nerd Saves the Town

Nort, the super smart kid of Vortville, creates his best invention ever. He programs a computer chip that transforms his best friend, Chip, into a secret agent. Of course his invention needs some tweaking at first, but in the end Secret Agent Chip......nah, I won't spoil your fun. And you will have fun reading this book. I look forward to reading the next one soon.
P.S. Winn
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ever wonder about a computerized heroic incredible person, then you grabbed the right book. This story is great for middle school aged children, but I think those younger and older will love to join along in a fun adventure. I love the author added in computers, crazy villains and friends that join together to solve problems. My grandchildren are going to love this book and many more by this author who knows what makes reading and adventure fun.
Jennifer Robb
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: preteen readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon
It's a cute book but more geared for the preteen crowd. The copy I have is partly illustrated, with a promise that if enough copies are sold the remainder of the book will be fully illustrated.

As an adult, I had to wonder how the chip stayed on Chip's tooth without being noticed or dislodged. The fact that only one thing could be done at a time seems to be a big design flaw--which is realized by the inventor, but trying to correct it seems to be put on the back burner.
Gabriella
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, childrens
A fun and interesting story about chip and CHIP. As well as finding a way to save a city from not only the evil geniuses but also the inventors father. It was very worthwhile. The book jumps from action to constant reminder that secrets must be kept or reminders of how dad doesn't understand. Made the flow a little difficult at ties but still an enjoyable idea.
amy goodwin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unusually wierd

This book was unusually weird and kind of (actually really) stupid
It was funny and entertaining but too short
Want to hear a joke?
What is brown and sticky?
A stick!
Haha! LOL!
VIPER®
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really nice book fun to read plus its free
Keith Dzingayi
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing

It is a good book but it is like all superhero books and predictable but it is fun and u get stuck into it
Kevin Dinto
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME ESPECIALLY THAT ......... I END KNOW
Christine Ottaway
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I am sure children aged 8 - 11 will love this enjoyable piece of nonsense. It romps along full of highly unlikely situations but very amusing.

Pity that only half the illustrations have been added.
Stephen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secret agent man

This was kind of a fun book that most young people should enjoy. It has action, adventure and a bit of an underlying love story. Kind of a fun kids 007.
Maxwell Cheung
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is perfect for a person who likes children books, this is slightly above that and slightly below young adult. This book is interesting and very creative but it is not such a good book for someone who wants to have a light and fun reading. It is pretty interesting and has a wild imagination but this book is a little confusing. Otherwise it is pretty good.
Chandler Y
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a little good but not the best book ever. This book is about a smart kid that turns his best friend into a secret agent. This book is a free book so you can’t conplain. I’d say to read this book if you like easy to read comic type books.
Stephanie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Fun to Read

What a fun story! Nort creates a chip that turns his best friend into a superhero. Defeating bad guys isn't as easy as it looks in the movies. I loved all of the illustrations. They made the book even better.
Kayla
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Chris
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book

I loved the book.very heroic characters.also loved the illustrations and VCOP

.as well as the detail
The book.youask?absolutely beautiful.(loved it)
Lynnette Muhich
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book. I read it to my 6 year old son and he loved it. It read easy and had great drawings that were spaced out well.
Derick
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a children book but in a lot of chapters and pages
Megan Linford
  • Molly of Mars and the Alien Syndicate
  • Kell, the Alien: Aliens, Inc. Chapter Book Series
  • Overwatch #13: Masquerade
  • Chocolate Chocolate Moons
  • Look
  • GU: Justice Net (The G.U. Trilogy #1)
  • Overwatch #11: Binary
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2015
  • Critical Condition (Angels of Mercy, #4)
  • And They Called Her Spider (Bartleby and James Adventures - Galvanic Century - Book 1)
  • Seefer Elliot and the World Aside Ours (Seefer Elliot, #1)
  • Le Château des étoiles 1869 : La Conquête de l'espace - Vol.2 (Le Château des Etoiles, #2)
  • Overwatch #14: Wasted Land
  • The League of Lasers (Star Scouts, #2)
  • Lightspeed Magazine, February 2015
  • Overwatch #15: Searching
  • Fetching
  • How to Outsmart a Billion Robot Bees
Richard Clark has written seven middle grade chapter books, one of which, My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent, has been on the Amazon and iBooks kids books best-seller lists for three years with over 50,000 downloads.

Richard has worked extensively as a screenwriter and story editor, both in Toronto and Los Angeles. A graduate of UCLA and AFI, his credits include writing or story-editing over 150 prod
“In my opinion, it was time for these kids to get a life.” 1 likes
“the Freaky Fuzzy’s eyes went all spinny like it was trying to hypnotize us!” 0 likes