Start by marking “The Underage CEOs: Fascinating Stories of Young Indians Who Became CEOs in their Twenties” as Want to Read:

When will you take the plunge? As an ethical hacker, SOURAV KARMAKAR helps protect priceless online data. SHADAB HASSAN is transforming the lives of underprivileged children in Jharkhand. PRIYANKA AMAR is introducing the concept of home farms to the cramped houses of Mumbai. AVIK BHATTACHARYA has channelled his passion for dance into a profitable business. The Underage CEO ...more
Published September 13th 2016 by Collins Business India (first published October 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Underage CEOs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Underage CEOs

Navneet Goel
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice struggling stories of entrepreneurs who started very early. Nice thing about this book is that none of the founder is from premiere institute which clearly shows that anybody can do anything.
Aakanksha
Oct 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
The book is 'monochromatic' in expressions. The whole book continues on a single string with no ups and downs, no feelings and no curiosity. It seems like reading a newspaper with information of these CEOs. The author picked up good entrepreneurs and the stories could have been more interesting had there been more stress on making it readable. The book appears to have been written in a hurry where all the stories just follow a pattern with no excitement left to the reader to know what happened n ...more
Karthik D.R
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Encouraging Food for the Entrepreneurial Thoughts!

This book has all the things that an Entrepreneur mind, money, minutes goes thru!
It has few sources for you to get connected to investors, mentors and very importantly to your ideas. All stories are interesting, writing style is good but in few places I felt draggy.. but thats okay!

Overall a Goodread!

Few catchy lines from the book are:

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not her the music - Friedrich
Rahul Soni
Apr 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book because of its premise. I was super disappointed by the clichéd narration and glorification without proper research. Couldn't read even for 30 minutes and had to trash it. One of the worst books I have ever bought.
Amit
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Refreshing read. Success stories from different different vertical would really open up your mind.
Mohul Ghosh
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
An 18 year old middle class Indian youth is often troubled by only two factors: Doctor Engineer Syndrome and What will Sharmaji say about his career decisions!

Doctor-Engineer Syndrome is the tragic, vehemently agreed view in India that only those who end up becoming an Engineer or Doctor can be considered as a success.

Sharmaji is that fictitious character, which bothers most of the parents in India: Almost all of their decisions are influenced by what Sharma ji may say after hearing a particular
Ayaan

11. Nurturing green
12. Funding fundas
Gautham Dn
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by my friend to review.. My usual experience with these entrepreneur books in the past are motivating, but many would be about the prodigal sons & daughters, the college/school dropouts, who are smarter than Einstein and kick-ass... believe me I'm no where near those prodigies and only a very low percentage of the human population is prodigious. So I started on a low expectation for this book..

Day one i finished the first story, during my 45 min morning drive to office
Sridhar
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Underage CEOs is a delectable melange of stories by young entrepreneurs who have trodden off the beaten path and carved a niche for themselves. The stories of young people starting up businesses while in college and braving the odds against family and society is quite inspiring to the readers. The story of Shadab Hassan who set up a school to educate the kids in rural Jharkand as a way of giving back to the society is a commendable effort Or the story of Priyanka Amar who has introduced the ...more
Mohit
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I purchased this book at one of the networking event in which author(Ganesh. V) was himself present. Yes, I have his autograph on the book as well. When he gave 10 minutes talk about his new book, I thought what is so different in this book from other books written on startups and entrepreneurship and why should anyone read this book. But after he finished his talk, I was totally convinced to buy this book and read it.

Let me tell you that this book is very different from other ones in the ways i
Meghana
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The stories in the book not only inspire but also are relate-able as these come from common boys and girls who built a business all by themselves starting early in their twenties. This book teaches several lessons of dedication, commitment, hard-work, entrepreneurial attitude, willing to do a business, building something from the scratch and so on. A must read for sure !! Read more at http://ideasthroughwords.com/the-unde...
Praneeth
clear n cut stories of fourteen start-ups were they have started from almost nothing...except loads of enthusiasm and confidence on their skills and journey which led them to an early mid-sized company. Out of all the start-up stories, I-kethi catched my eye. I-kethi is a startup by a yound married woman, the functioning of the business is to establish home gardens in balconies at low cost. Overall, best book to enjoy the start-up culture in india.
Sarah D'Souza
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the flow of how each entreprenuer faced drawbacks and had a never quit attitude towards their venture! And the little note by the author on what they could have done better. Although I may be partial to say that it was a fresh new take on enterprenurial stories as I am one of the stories in the book. Ganesh you've done a great job!
Saurabh