Start by marking “Catching Whitney” as Want to Read:
Catching Whitney

Catching Whitney

My name is Whitney Dawson, and I suck at love. I’m not exaggerating. My relationships don’t just end; they die a horrible, agonizing death.

With a nasty break up behind me, and my mind made up to avoid relationships like the plague, I try to enjoy a girls’ night out with my best friend Lindsey. That’s where I meet Aidan. Despite my reservations, I agree to one m
ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Catching Whitney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Whitney

Kim
even though it was good, the ending was too abrupt. i would have liked to know more about his late wife and what happened to her besides her death. also would have liked to see Aidan's son reaction to his dad dating his teacher and how he felt about it. an epilogue was an absolute need but there wasn't one. :(
Đurđica Sarjanović
Nice one, but typical one night stand kind of story. Girl meets boy, she escapes from him in the morning, and meets him one again a few days later. That's it :)
Marie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, warm-and-fuzzy read that had me smiling. Though there was the usual "misunderstanding" between the couple that seems so popular in romance books (I mean really, just talk!) this story was sweet and the characters real and amusing.
Briana
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good read by Amy Hale. It is nice to sit and get a small dose of romance and finish a story within a day.
Maggie Adams
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great book about young love!
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review.

This was my first time reading an Amy Hale story. I enjoyed getting to know her characters and her writing style. She had me turning the pages and I really liked the characters.
Whitney never had luck with relationships. She had survived a bad break up. Her an her friend

Lindsey decided it was time for Whitney to go out and let her hair down and be a free spirit for the night. No holding back find a guy, have a great night then leave and never see him a
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

EEP I loved the premise of this book. A shy girl who has a wild night with the perfect guy. The perfect guy is to never be seen
Angie Voss
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this novella by Amy Hale! It was a quick read that left me satisfied, and, yet, excited to read more about Aiden and Whitney (and Lindsey and Blaine).
The premise is fun, and very relatable, especially for an elementary teacher. Whitney and her best friend, Lindsey, go to a town miles away from their own, so they can have a fun Girl's Night Out and not worry about embarrassing themselves in front of students' parents or coworkers. What Whitney doesn't realize is that the wor
Kate
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had been on a long run of reading books in the fantasy genre when I picked up Catching Whitney. It took me approximately two paragraphs to forget all about fairies, demons and vampires and fall in love with Whitney's world.

Whitney is kind and generous and has a hysterical inner monologue, which I found myself relating to and regularly laughing out loud at. Amy Hale created such well-developed characters to pair with an awesome storyline of navigating the confusing land of dating and meeting n
Lucky
The place Whitney ever wanted to be was sitting in a loud and smoky bar, but a rough tiresome month her best friend Lindsey had insisted on a girl's night out, which really she was not into the idea. Andy her recently ex and the current cause of her funk dumped her for a more busty brunette Cinny, which the lady surely has no idea how to spell.

Lindsey encourages Whitney to meet and dance with the male population, they then meet 2 guys that go by the name of Blaine and Aiden. Blaine p
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I would have given this book a higher rating if it weren't for the ending. There's barely any conflict in this book and the ending was just too abrupt. I would have like it if the drama was a little bit drawn out. It's just not enough.

Regardless of that, I really liked Whitney. I liked her kindness and how good she is with kids. I have a soft spot for heroine who's a "kid whisperer". I loved her bond with Caleb so I really expected an epilogue with them as a family. But sadly we didn
Ailsa Marshall
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! A great and fresh story of love, self doubt and dreams of a happy ending. Once I got into the book, which was within a few pages, I could not put it down. I love Amy's books and I'm such an avid fan. The book left me wanting more, and I was sad it ended! Such an easy book to read with good humour, you can't help but be endeared to Whitney. This is the perfect book for that beach vacation.
Wendy Rinebold
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
As romance books go, this followed the same general path. Someone gets emotionally damaged and puts up walls. Another person comes along and breaks them down. The part of that plot that I don't like, is when authors throw in a needless antagonist to make someone jealous. That character is always very good looking but horrible on the inside.
This was a cute story but I was glad it was a novella and not a novel.

I received this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
#ByFelicia
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m so in love with this book that I didn’t want it to be over. Such a sweet love story. Whitney is totally relatable on the awkward introvert aspect and yet I found myself connecting with her inner badass as well. Aiden is completely swoon worthy and a total package. I’m hoping there’s a sequel to their love story and maybe another book on Lindsey and Blaine.
Jenell Shull
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing heartfelt story about a couple giving love a second chance. Whitney had been hurt by her ex until she meets Aidan. He makes her rethink things. Is love worth the jump?

Amy is amazing. This book will grab you from page one all the way to the end.
Definitely recommend this book
Felicia Semmler
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very quick fun read. I love Whitney and Aiden and really hope there might be another book about them.
Amy wrote the book in such a way that you just want to keep reading to find out what happens next. I really enjoyed it.
Shalea Bridges
Good lovin'

Sometimes you need some good, smutty love stories to get you through a dry spell. The concept of the book was good, however the writing was not on par.
Steph
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not bad, but the book was extremely short
Rina Smith
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

A relationship started without having the intention to leads to quite the journey. This is a sweet but short book that keeps you in it till the end.
Michelle
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story and a very easy read.
Araceli
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked it..
Sarah Soroka
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
great store just to short, it ended abruptly
Keri_a_d
Whitney
rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Pammy
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2018
Rebecca Langford
Feb 13, 2016
Sammantha
Mar 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Screw It (It, #2)
  • Breathing Black (The Black and White Duet, #1)
  • Forever Heroes
  • Finding Forever (Living Again, #4)
  • Letting Go (Keaton, #1.5)
  • Lying in Wait (Jezebel, #1.5)
  • Blackbird
  • Waiting For Us (Waiting, #1)
  • Love Child
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • Instead of You
  • A Charm of Finches (Venery, #2)
  • Come Back to Me
  • A Heart of Time
  • Dear Juliet (Forever Family, #3)
  • Bring Me Back
  • The Handmaid (Unexpected Circumstances, #1)
  • Living With Regret (The Regret Series, #1)
Since childhood, best-selling and award-winning author Amy Hale has been creating exceptional stories that summon a whirlwind of emotions and inspiration unto the reader. She loves creating characters and worlds from nothing but her imagination and a few glasses of wine. Her popular paranormal series The Shadows Trilogy has earned multiple awards, as have the Havenwood Falls books, of which she is ...more
“He leans in closer and puts his lips near my ear. “Do you feel that, Whitney? That spark? That something that pulls at our souls and demands that our bodies get closer?” 0 likes