Start by marking “The President Factor: The Reality Show That Rocked a Nation” as Want to Read:
The President Factor: The Reality Show That Rocked a Nation

The President Factor: The Reality Show That Rocked a Nation

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Fed up with the lack of credentials in an ever growing field of candidates, Democratic hopeful, Senator Adhemar Reyes spouts off on C-Span, “I’m tired of the I can see Russia from my porch candidates! I propose all presidential candidates be required to participate in a reality show to show how they handle crisis situations before we put them in the White House!”

Uh-oh. Co
Published September 22nd 2015 by Cold Cat Books LLC (first published September 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The President Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The President Factor

Mary C.
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 59% + one page (according to my Kindle app). I’ll address the reasons why later.

The Good:

The premise of this book is great: a reality show to help Americans decide the next president, under the assumption that this will bring much needed transparency to the process, while also vetting the candidates by giving them scenarios they may encounter while in office. It’s a clever idea to satirize the dismal state of the current media coverage of politics

Another thing I liked was that the book w
Mary
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Plot as the 2 men running for president campaigning via: reality show! Author has woven an interesting storyline with lots of twists and turns. The backdrop of TV production adds to the interest. A great read as we move into 'Presidential Election
' season.
Jessica
Everyone who is fed up with the American political system should read this. The President Factor is a well written, clever and thought provoking political satire.
Sarah K
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride! Putting presidential candidates' feet to the fire! Obermeier nailed it. Laugh-out-loud funny mixes with “hmmm…we should do this for real” in The President Factor. Pat Obermeier deftly uses satire/humor to illuminate the reality of electing a president in today’s world of over-saturated and manipulative media experiences. At times, I wondered…how the heck did she come up with that? It’s both a delightful romp and a reminder of how crazy the political world really is. You’ll want this ...more
Kaylah Hancock
A legitimately hilarious book. I never had laughed at such absurdity that I could not help but feel that was all too topical given the recent election cycle who has seen its own dose of ridiculous reality show themes. It's casually written which made it that more enjoyable. There were so many spelling mistakes though, which is why I had to knock this down a star.
Ann
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great book to read as we head into Presidential campaign season! The plot (the US decides to have the 2 major candidates participate in a reality show) has lots of twists and many of the situations are 'laugh out loud'. A great 1st novel. Hopefully more to come!
Ann
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author definitely knew the 2016 presidential election was going to be a wild when she thought up the plot for this book (which I assume she did several years ago!).

The 2 candidates agree to a Reality Show instead of traditional campaigning! Lies, deception, plots...
Brian