Start by marking “Zero Day Exploit (Bayou's End, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Zero Day Exploit (Bayou's End, #1.5)

Zero Day Exploit

(Bayou's End #1.5)

A bad decision never felt so good.

zero day exploit (noun):
1. An attack that penetrates a previously unknown vulnerability in a computer or system.
2. The kind of infuriating, manipulative man who gets under your skin and refuses to get out.

And now, a one-night stand may turn out to be the biggest mistake of Zoraya Blackwell's career.

In this free side story to the Bayou
Published September 23rd 2015 (first published December 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Zero Day Exploit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zero Day Exploit

Start your review of Zero Day Exploit (Bayou's End, #1.5)
Claire Robinson
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - "I'm an odd duck, and odd ducks float." Stars!

Cole McCade is an author new to me, and having received a recommendation from a close friend as to how enjoyable his writing is, I didn't hesitate to snap up Zero Day Exploit from his website, it is free until 18th January, so I had absolutely nothing to lose.

"Well,"... "That was unexpected."

The first thing that stood out to me was the skilled and engaging writing, Cole manages to take two average people
Nicola
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I make no secret of being a fan of Cole McCade's work; he has an exceptional writing style that absorbs you from the opening page and a gift of creating endearing characters with depth. Zero Day Exploit is a great read.

description

Holding every element I want to find in a romance, from the characters and their story, to the humour and those little moments that pulled on the heartstrings, I lost myself in Evan James and Zoraya (Zero) Blackwell's journey. Perfect in a completely imperfect way, Evan puts his b
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
So I have been getting teasers about this book from the author for some time now. Out of context they were great...reading the whole story--freaking awesome! It's hard to know where to begin telling you about all the goodness in this book, and I don't want to give spoilers if I can help it, so here goes: The heroine, Zoraya, Zero, Z, is smart, sassy,geeky, stubborn and oh so perfectly written, you will fall in love with her! She has met her match in Evan James and isn't quite sure how to take hi ...more
Maria Rose
What a fabulous story! If you are looking for a sexy, romantic, angsty and emotional read you will find it in this tale of love in the corporate world. Zoraya (aka Zero) was a wonderful character as a computer programmer who marches to the beat of her own drum, being forced to assimilate into the corporate vision her company has hired Evan to enforce. Her feelings for him are complicated from the beginning, having spent one night with him as a stranger to her, then discovering he's the one who i ...more
Talking Books
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Zero Day Exploit by Cole McCade was a read full of witty dialogue, sass and abundant chemistry between Zoraya and Evan that has readers completely taken in from the first page till the last! From the start the story grips the reader with the tantalising scenes to the fast paced dialogue with so many over and undertones that have more than a few laugh out loud moments. Personality clashes and lots of HEAT generated between Zero and Evan make for one scorchingly enthralling read! :D
Coco.V
May 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (5/28/2018)!💝
Jean
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, definitely a favorite new author for me (thanks to Fabi)! I absolutely love his writing style! This short "novella" at the end of A Second Chance at Paris could have been a standalone book. It was so good!

I loved both of these characters.....Zoroya and Evan. Z was fiesty and funny and honest! Her sassiness was refreshing! And even though Evan could be a complete tool sometimes, I loved him too! Their banter was great, and their sexual chemistry was smoking..... like 5-alarm fire smoking!!
Fabi
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not TEAR myself away from this book. I was captivated, held hostage, until the final word on the last page. Was it a love story? Yes. Was it romance? Yes. But it was powerful! Two people, fighting to make the right decisions. Fighting against the life experiences that had made them into who they are. Fighting to be strong enough to reach out for happiness.

Unbelievably great book! I LIVED each character's struggles.

Not only a powerful book but an empowering one.
A.M.
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
From the title you’d think this is terminator style end of the world caused by an AI story, and it isn’t. It’s the familiar romance trope: I had a one night stand and then he turned up at my workplace.
Evan is the company’s new streamliner and he looking for ways to make it more profitable, efficient and cut staff if need be. He lives out of one suitcase, staying in town no more than a week to get the job done, and then he moves on.
Zero is a cubicle worker employed to check code and fix bugs. One
Battleaxe Betty
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok afternoon read

This was ok. I just felt like there was so much missing from the story. I expected more said about Rick who stole her promotion and the layoff process and the fact everyone knew Zero was sleeping with Evan. Not really much of a story to it.
Renée Dahlia
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot, fun, banter, tension, breathless.

I enjoyed this book, with two characters who use snark to keep from feeling their feelings. A very intense read which dug deep into each of the characters with a satisfying ending.
Lissa
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Pretty entertaining story. The dialogue is snappy and entertaining. The writing is really good about 95% of the time. I didn;t read the 1st book and don't think it's neccessary to enjoy this story.
Rafa Brewster
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed Zoraya's story, who is Ion Blackwell's younger sister. Her character was really well written and so easy to relate to. Zero Day Exploit is a standalone, but if you haven't yet, be sure to read Second Chance At Paris by the same author.
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
I read all types of books. Certain things I love. And then I read a book by Cole McCade and it’s just different. So different than what I’m used to reading. Cole has a way of sweeping me off my feet with his words and also looking for the nearest wall. And this story did exactly that!!

First we meet Zero Blackwell. Feisty, edgy, mouthy, independent, and a little rebellious. She’s stuck in a shit job. And soon has to make changes due to her job.…

Next up is Evan James. Asshole, sweet, sexy, honest
Shannon
And so it continues, the perfection from A Second Chance at Paris!
This is Zoraya's story, Ion's younger sister. I can't tell you how much I love her character, how much I love Evan, how much I love the 2 of them together.
Funny, sexy, sweet, charming, and thoughful, Zero Day Exploit, packs a lot of punch in a fairly quick read. I can't get enough of the Blackwells!
Zoraya, better known as Zero, is such a wonderful character- feisty, sassy, independent, I want to be her. Evan, watch out for Evan,
Karen
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to be Zero!

She is cool and funky. Her name alone Zoraya is so pretty. And she is creative, making strange stuffed creatures by taking them apart and re-arranging the limbs. Not in a horrid, Sid next door neighbour to Andy in Toy Story, kind of way, but in a cute, individual kind of way. I want a Zombie - rushes off to google zombie chimera dolls.

Z also did something I never have or never will, picked up a random bloke in a bar. Spectacular sex - Evan James - sexy man but caught up in corp
Jen
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

This book was a pleasant surprise tucked at the end of Bayou's End #1 - A Second Chance At Paris. After finishing the book, I've decided it was more like a February bonus Christmas morning. Free, what!?

Absolutely loved this story. Two great leads, fiesty and kickass in their own ways, and a well plotted story - A real page turner I struggled to put down and sometimes failed ... Just finished this book at 2am, gotta be up in a little over 4 hours.

Another 5 star read. Can't wait f
Lu
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 1.5 in Cole McCabe's Bayou's End series. I liked it as well, if not a smidge better, than the first book. It can read as a stand alone. Zero is Ion's sister from the first book in the series but the stories are very different. Zero is a computer geek working for a firm that is going through a downsize. Evani s the consultant coming in to the company to do the firing. He's not happy with his life and job and he is a dick, but something about Zero pulls at his heart. I'm really lookin ...more
Susan Qualls
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Different kind of romance...but I liked it.

The story kept my attention and the secondary characters were a hoot! I will read more by Mr. Cade. I recommend this book as a good read. Happy reading. SQ
Alexis
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one too!!!
Cate Ellink
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smart, sexy story. Awesome writing.
Sue London
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Zero is probably my favorite heroine ever.
Jessica
Nov 11, 2016
Amanda
Jun 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Her Debt (Lock and Key, #1)
  • The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1)
  • Karma
  • Destiny Entwined
  • Bossing my Lesbian Intern!
  • Used By My Futa Friend: Rough, Innocent, and Fertile
  • Lila's Loves (Haven, Texas, #1)
  • Three Times the Scandal (Scandalous Seductions, #4)
  • The Master Series Box Set Two (Bought by the Billionaire, #7-10)
  • Dominated By Vikings: Act 1
  • Wanted by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #0.5)
  • Bring Her Wolf (Bring Her Wolf, #1) (Huntsville Pack, #0.5)
  • Just For You, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #1)
  • Rock F*ck Club
  • Brie's Submission (Brie's Submission, #1-3)
  • My Wicked Trainers (Club Wicked, #3.5)
  • The Seduction of Viscount Vice (Fallen, #3)
  • The Dragon's Nanny (Elemental Dragons, #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Bayou's End (2 books)
  • A Second Chance at Paris (Bayou's End, #1)