Start by marking “Riverbend (Riverbend, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Riverbend (Riverbend, #0.5)

Riverbend

(Riverbend #0.5)

Five years after the death of his wife, Dr. Mitchem Taylor is ready to share his life with someone. Only one thing stands in the way of giving love a second chance--the strictly enforced "no dating" rule. A rule that pierces his heart every time he thinks about his university assistant, Cynthia. When a handsome man shows interest in her, Mitchem must choose between love fo ...more
Published September 18th 2015 by Defy the Dark Publishing, LLC

Start your review of Riverbend (Riverbend, #0.5)
Lillian
Riverbend by Ciara Knight is the prequel to her new series by the same name. Set in a little town an hour or so away from Creekside (see her Sweetwater County series), Cynthia Gold came to Riverbend to make her dreams come true. But four years later, she’s ready to leave with a broken heart. Will the man she loves realize he loves her too or is time for her to leave it all behind?

This short story packs a big punch! Cynthia is a sweet character. She’s kind, loving, loyal, and has always been on t
Amber
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by the author and was in love with every bit of it. If I had one complaint it would be that it was too short, I wanted MORE!!! LOL Riverbend was sweet and refreshing. My heart really went out to Mitchem and Cynthia they were both pretty much clueless of what the other person felt. Of course Mitchem is still trying to live in the past and is not sure if he's ready to move on but once he realizes things he knows he cant live with out the one that's been standing ...more
Jan Niblock
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: c-knight
I truly enjoyed Cierra Knight’s Sweetwater series and this one is already proving itself to be just as good. It is funny because you knew whom you wanted to get together but the walls that sprung up to stop it were so natural and believable that you were not sure it was going to ever happen. This is what made the story so good because it was not so obvious that you lost interest in the story. Liam was an interesting character and added a lot to the story. Looking forward to reading more stories ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this quick read! It's a very sweet read about a professor, Dr. Mitchum Taylor, who after losing his wife, never really got in to the dating life again. He and his young son seem content with life as it is. Or so he thought. After being pushed by his friends to start dating again he realizes there isn't anyone he's interested in, well, other than his devoted assistant Cynthia. Can he convince her to give himself and his son a shot or has he waited too long??

I recommend this one.
Paula
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually read book 1 In all My Wishes first in which I was introduced to Mitchem and Cynthia. So, I had to read Riverbend to find out how they met. They are the cutest couple and Mitchem's son just adds even more to their story. Gotta have angst so throw in a pushy woman. I recommend reading the books in order Riverbend, then In All My Wishes. A fast read that really delivers.
One person found this helpful
Nancy Luebke
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this clean, sweet novella Romance. I received this for free and I voluntarily chose to review. This would make a good case for the absent minded professor saying. Both the hero and the heroine were a little bit like that.This is a nice sweet love story.
Judy Vaesa
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Feel good

I worked at a university and this happens. Some endings are not as happy as this was. Very relaxing read on a stormy Florida night.
Jennifer Craig
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Riverbend is the first book in Ciara Knight’s new Riverbend series and is a great starting point. Dr. Mitchum Taylor is rolling along four years after his wife’s passing. His assistant Cynthia is a fixture in both his and his son Andy’s life. Both Mitch and Andy love Cynthia, but will Mitch come to realize that his love for Cynthia is more than that of friendship?

Cynthia came to Riverbend and then fell in love with her boss and then his son. She has been their rock for the past four years, but
My Bookbag by Karen
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a lighthearted, feel-good read. Author Ciara Knight delivers a sweet romance novella as an introduction to the Riverbend Series.

The characters are likable and the story is a classic romance. I love that both Mitch and Cynthia compare the development of their relationship to that of Anne and Frederick in Jane Austen’s Persuasion.

I wish that the settings in Riverbend were a little more descriptive. I am sure that In All My Wishes, the next book of the Riverbend Series, will include more de
Rosemary
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer...I received this ebook for free in exchange for an honest review.This is a love story that proves that even if you are a smart college professor,or someone who has their masters degree, when it comes to admitting that you are in love...you can still do stupid things ! I really enjoy this story for its clean content so you can focus on real love aspect. I like the strong characters who aren't afraid to take chances. This is the first book that I have read from this author,and I'm glad ...more
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this story! It has just the right amount of classic and modern love~

First book I have read by Ciara Knight and it won't be my last. So much love, pain and support conveyed in her characters. It will bring a tear to your eye and a smile to your face.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series~
Lori
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Wow, what a heartwarming romance. Sometimes the hero of a story is clueless when it comes to situations of the heart. This is definitely the case in this story. It is a good thing that he has many friends that help him see the error of his ways. This story has an extra special happy ending. I am looking forward to reading more about Riverbend.
Kristen
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very cute!!! Loved the charcters (except that hussy Rachel of course. Liam wasn't my fav either but his heart was in the right place for his friend. I didn't like how the author switched between full names and nicknames. But othet than all that really sweet story.

Moral note: Rachel is quite the hussy as mentioned before, sticking her goods in Mitcham's face, and what not.

Christina
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little novella. I liked the plot and getting perspectives from both our main characters. Certain characters were introduced that I'm dying to know more about, so finding out there are full length books about them is exciting! ...more
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet love story.. very romantic...
Natalie548
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Short read, which I generally don't like. Good, but predictable. ...more
Marilynn Layden
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Just loved everything about this book. It definitely gave me a taste for more. So, onto Number one then two, etcetera.
Sm
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
cute, short & sweet
some unnecessary lack of communication issues, but, given the novella-length, it didn't have a chance to be annoying
Dana Hayes
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great little book!

Great little easy read book. Enjoyed it thoroughly. If u love to read but don't have time for a long novel, this is a good choice for u.
K.C. Riley-Gyer
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-romance
For me, this was a multi tissue tear jerker. Being the hopeless romantic I am, I loved this story and its characters. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Kris Gordon Oliphant
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story

There hasn't been a book by Ciara Knight that I haven't liked and this one didn't disappoint! I. I can't wait to read the next one in the Riverbend series.
Queenberly
From My Sweet Love
Donna
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First book of series, easy nice reading & loved the characters and the town. Would love to live there, alas only in my mind lol.
joy oder
Dec 28, 2016
Larry Brobst
Mar 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cowboys Never Marry Their Best Friend: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 1)
  • Making Things Right (Kansas City Romance, #2)
  • In an Instant
  • Cowgirl Fallin' for the Single Dad (Brides of Miller Ranch, N.M. #1)
  • Cowgirl Fallin' for the Ranch Hand: Western Romance (Brides of Miller Ranch, N.M. Book 2)
  • What She Really Wants: A Story
  • Hearts in Georgia: Sweet Small-Town Romance Collection
  • Home Truths
  • A Doctor's Christmas (Lifeline Air Rescue #6)
  • Christmas Kisses: The Spanish Billionaire's Christmas Bride / Christmas Bride-To-Be / Christmas Wishes, Mistletoe Kisses
  • Cowboy Ranch: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 2)
  • Second Chance Ranch: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 1)
  • All I Want for Christmas (Halo Island #1)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • I Hate You. Marry Me!
  • The Storm
  • The Plus One Pact
  • A Good Thing
Ciara Knight is a USA Today and Maggie award winning author who 'Fights for Love. One Book at a Time'.

Her popular sweet romance series, Sweetwater County (rated for all audiences), is a small town romance full of family trials, friendly competition, and community love. Also, there is a sister series,
Riverbend.

A brand new sweet, small town romance is coming in 2019! This one will be set in Sugar M

Riverbend (5 books)
  • In All My Wishes (Riverbend, #1)
  • In All My Years (Riverbend, #2)
  • In All My Dreams (Riverbend, #3)
  • In All My Life (Riverbend, #4)