Start by marking “Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 3: Last Days” as Want to Read:
Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 3: Last Days

Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 3: Last Days

(Loki: Agent of Asgard #12-17)

Collects Loki: Agent of Asgard #12-17.

He’s Loki’s older, nastier, vastly more powerful future self. His machinations have cost Loki everything — but who is King Loki? What dread Asgard is he the Agent of? And what evil scheme has he been brewing all this time? Loki began his third life by annihilating the soul of his second — his better, purer self. Now he pays the price.
Published by Marvel (first published October 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Loki, please sign up.
J'aime Sorry, just saw this question now. If you want to see how he got to here, I recommend "Loki: Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen Omnibus" (ISBN…moreSorry, just saw this question now. If you want to see how he got to here, I recommend "Loki: Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen Omnibus" (ISBN 1302908642). It's a fantastic book. As for this version of Loki, he appears again in a one shot story "Vote Loki" (ISBN 1302902628), but aside from that does not have a solo series at the moment. He also has a recurring role in Thor by Jason Aaron (the female version of Thor and the classic Odinson), as well as the just launched Avengers series by the same author.(less)

Anne

I'm not gonna lie, after the last volume, I was tad afraid that this was going to end on a depressing and/or shitty angst-filled note.

description

And, honestly, I just didn't want that for this Loki. Know what I mean? This incarnation, starting with my first introduction to him in Young Avengers, has been written to perfection for the past few years. It's just my opinion, but I think a lot of comic fans would agree with me.
This Loki is the quintessential Damaged But Snarky anti-hero that everyone w
Paul E. Morph
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My status update after reading the penultimate chapter of this book was '#17's going to have to be a real corker to redeem this mess'. Guess what? It was!

The final chapter of this collection was incredible. I really, really loved it and actually had a little tear in my eye at the ending. I honestly can't imagine a more perfect ending to this series.

If I was rating this collection purely on the strength of the final chapter, it would get five stars, easily. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to
Sesana
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superhumans
I'm so happy with the way this ended up. In this volume, Ewing brings a satisfyingly complicated conclusion to a story arc that goes way back to Siege, through all of Kieron Gillen's fantastic work on Journey into Mystery and Young Avengers. He brought the character of Loki around to what I think could be a very interesting place. There's a lot of stories that you can tell with this version of Loki. And there's a ton of meta stuff that Ewing handles really well. I don't think you can talk about ...more
Jesse A
Some silliness but all in all a decent series.
Ana M.
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Ha sido mi favorito de los tres, lástima que ya no quedan más.
Tom Ewing
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
I don't generally review books by Al, because my critical objectivity would be in serious doubt. This one is worth an exception to that rule. It's both a cracking tale of Asgard in the mighty Marvel manner - a love letter to Walt Simonson's Thor run in style and reference, Lee Garbett's art crackling with energy - and the writer's entry into that grand, decades old conversation between British comics writers about stories and what they mean. And under the metafictional flourishes (which are a de ...more
Cecilia
Great ending to a great series.
Dan
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time reading a Loki-centric book. This basically leads into the Secret Wars. Strong start but got tiresome towards the end.
mercedes
better than the second volume but i still didn’t really like it. it gets 3 stars, because i did like a couple of issues but for the most part i didn’t enjoy it, i don’t think it was written well at all.
Joanna
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And all got what they deserved...
Arlenne Gilbert
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Por fin, después de mucho tiempo, he podido saber cómo termina esta historia. ¿O debería decir cómo continua? ¿Es esta una metáfora sobre que somos lo que queramos creer? ¿O somos lo que otros dicen que somos?
Os lo dejo a vuestra elección.

"Y eso es todo lo que necesitas saber"

Loki... Un grande.
aris ☆
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Pablo Ujados
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Espectacular !! Una historia impresionante que a traves de la accion marvel y la mitologia nordica , te explica la lucha interna de cada uno y como siempre tienes el poder de llevar tu vida a donde quieras , siempre que quieras !! simplemente Espectacular.
শুভঙ্কর শুভ
এটা চমৎকার ছিল।
Maj
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Who has that gif of the guy crying and hugging his pillow but in like a Good fulfilled way. That’s how I feel
Saif Saeed
This was a good series. I think Journey Into Mystery by Gillen is a lot better but this is good follow up, with the super gay adventures of the Young Avengers in between probably being the weakest of the bunch.

The style isn't as good as Young Avengers but the plot is miles better. The art is nothing special and the Axis tie-in in the middle is ok but once again, Marvel and their events just derailing stories is annoying.

Not bad, read after Journey Into Mystery and Young Avengers.
James
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic rounding-out of the post-Kid Loki storylines.
vasiliki
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Last Days is the final volume of Agent of Asgard, wrapping up Loki’s story before the post Secret Wars reset.

Loki has been through alot in this run…and mostly it’s all his own fault in a way that only Loki can manage. It’s been a while ride up to this point, with a ton of laughs and plenty of moments that really lend to the fact that Loki is so much more than just some villain,and new are at the end. Loki has tried to atone for his mistakes, and through his atonement he has discovered the truth
Jorge Lopez
Oct 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What the Hell did I just read?
The epic story that Kieron Gillen started in Journey into Mistery has been clearly influenced by the success of Tom Hildelstorm playing Loki in the Avengers movie, forcing the character to even have the looks of the actor in this comic book and gave us a correct transition into Loki: Agend of Asgard.
This series started well, had good concepts and ideas with an interesting setting, but somehow started to deflate after the end of the first volume until the point where
Khara
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And so, Loki: Agent of Asgard ends. Bittersweet, really. The thing every Loki fan, I think, is conflicted with is the battle -- do we really want Loki to be good? Or do we truly love evil Loki? Or is Loki somewhere in between the two? Sad to see it end, but they give him a wonderful "ending." I believe they did a great job at maintaining the Loki of the classic comics as well as weaving in MCU's Loki as well as Kid Loki. After finishing this amazing storyline, one is left with only one question: ...more
Alex Sarll
A delightful, intricate and incredibly meta conclusion to a wonderful series. Really, it could only have been improved had the fanservice quotient gone even higher with the sexual fluidity which Ewing initially talked about including, and which mutterings of late suggest editorial may have nixed. Still, the final issue in particular is a marvel, recalling Morrison, Moore and Gaiman in its fascination with the nature of stories - yet for all that, unmistakably Al.
Keara
March 28- Whoa nelly, this was a wild ride. Suddenly (most) of the nonsense of the first two volumes made sense ?? and Loki is suddenly my favorite ?? And these comics are incredible and you should read the first two volumes if only so you can read the third one. It was just... excellent.
Miriam
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's never the end of all stories. They get everywhere. Like roaches.
Kaiti
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series started out so strong and then just went downhill..... it became too convoluted and hard to follow imo
J'aime
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I noticed that fans appear to be split on this final volume of AoA, mainly because of how the Marvel-wide event Incursion/Last Days overtakes the narrative. Hickman’s Avengers run began a crossover wherein the multiverse is being destroyed as the Earth in one universe crashes into one from another universe, destroying both. All of reality will be obliviated. Honestly, I HATED this event. Every series I was reading up to this event was ruined by Incursion being shoe-horned into the narrative, and ...more
After the messy debacle that was I Cannot Tell a Lie, I was braced for disappointment by the final volume of Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard. Happily, the series spends its Final Days mostly ignoring the Marvel-wide events that hijacked previous issues and focusing on its core themes and characters.

We open where we closed the last volume, with Loki-That-Will-Be having strapped Loki-That-Is to a chair. Like all good supervillains, Loki-That-Will-Be decides now is a spectacular time to run through h
Kat
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, fantasy
Older "King Loki" who was pulled back into being by the All-Mothers, has his younger self trapped and regales him with the tale of his cunning plan and of how young Loki becomes King Loki, setting everything aflame. I got a distinct impression that this older Loki is a wee bit insane, clearly trapped in his role and relishing it with feverish desperation. But younger Loki isn't having any of it, not when he's worked so hard to actually change rather than just wiggling around in a pre-determined ...more
David Caldwell
Loki has undergone some changes in the past few years. He died. He came back as a kid. The kid grew up -- like overnight, maybe. He became a spy/agent for the All-Mother to replace his bad past with better stories. An older Loki from the future shows up and is evil and he is messing with the new grown-up, trying to be good Loki. This is Loki's story.

When Loki was in the Thor movie, he got a lot of fans despite being the bad guy. Marvel said cool, let's make some money. Okay, that is the cynical
  • Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2
  • Loki
  • Spider-Man & the X-Men
  • Batman: Li'l Gotham, Vol. 2
  • Secret Avengers, Volume 3: How to MA.I.M. a Mockingbird

Loki: Agent of Asgard (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard #2