Start by marking “Speaking of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Speaking of Dreams

Speaking of Dreams

When it’s meant to be, it’s useless to fight it.

Four years ago a drowning accident brutally ripped Jason out of artist Frank Hunter’s life. As he celebrates his forty-fifth birthday with his friends, Frank knows his dating life is over. A chance meeting with Donny Rodriquez, however, shakes Frank’s world to its core. Donny is twenty years Frank’s junior, but so full of lif
Published October 23rd 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Speaking of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speaking of Dreams

Ami

When we meet 45-year-old Frank Hunter, he is still missing his lover who died four years ago. His friends -- most especially the scene stealer Zach Schubert a.k.a. Miss Hetty Suxual -- have been urging him to start going out and dating again. Until on his birthday celebration, Frank encountered young Donny Rodriguez, twenty year old his junior, who starts to spark something inside Frank.

For me, Speaking of Dreams is a tender and contemplative story about life, about moving on after l
Kara
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This was a story about Frank who is forty five and lost his partner Jason four years ago. He is having a hard time moving on and has not dated since Jason died. Then he decides maybe he should date and that is when he meets Donny at the bar. Well Donny is a lot younger then him so he does not want to go there with the age gap but once he really starts spending time with Donny he can't keep back his feelings anymore. Donny has also had a painful relationship with a man who was very controlling o ...more
Deeze
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

I love a story that can make me laugh and cry, but this one went one step further and kept a smile on my face throughout the rest of the times.

Frank gave me an insight into just how hard it can be to move on after losing the love of your life. I really appreciated the way Jason did not suddenly turn out to have huge faults once Donny appeared. So often books of this theme tend to make the new guy just that little bit more perfect than the dead guy. Instead this time we get a much more realistic
CrabbyPatty
Frank Hunter is a 45-year-old artist/waiter living with the ghost of his dead partner, Jason, who drown almost 5 years old. Okay, not technically a "ghost", but Frank and Jason's former bedroom is a freakin' shrine to Jason and Frank can't move beyond his death.

Into Frank's existence bounds Donny Rodriquez, a 25-year-old sweet Latino hottie who falls for the (IMHO) stodgy Frank and slowly but surely brings him back to life. Frank's sometimes bizarre, often sad, always fascinating dreams are int
Morgan  Skye
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Frank lost his lover Jason almost 5 years ago and he still hasn’t gotten over him. He’s built a shrine to him in his bedroom and isn’t “ready” to date – despite the fact that he’s growing older and more lonely. It’s his 45th birthday and he’s just been hit on by the gorgeous young Donny and maybe – just maybe has a renewed spark in dating again.

Frank is convinced Donny is too young, that he’s too mired in Jason to date anyone, that if he’s going to date it should be someone his own age… he’s ful
Cookie Moretti
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Speaking Of Dreams by Stephen Osborne (MM/Romance)

A copy of this book was provided to me by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

****4 STARS****

I have many mm romance interests and one of them is the older man/ younger man theme. I don't know, but I just like it for some reason. I love reading about how the people around them reacts and how their love was strong enough to overcome not only them being a male couple, but also having a big age difference.

Frank, poor, sweet Frank is
Dena
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Didi

My friend Ami urged me to move this book up from my TBR queue since she thought it could be up my alley.

Well, I like it. It was an achingly sweet story and the characters felt pretty real with all their fear and flaws. The story was told as first person from Frank Hunter's perspective in a way that made it as if we're in his shoes, experiencing and dreaming everything along with him.

The thing is this book felt... Not exactly depressing, but perhaps hit too close to home. After all, I'
Rachel Emily
I really enjoyed this. I liked the story between Frank and Donny, and also how it had real life alternating with the dreams that Frank kept having. I also loved Frank's friends, especially Zach. And I just loved Donny, his personality, how he totally fell for Frank. And I loved that he and his friends were ghost hunters!

(view spoiler)
Meggie
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama, romance
More or less, this was an enjoyable light romance. But something felt off, too. I liked both MC, Frank and Donny, but Frank's pinning for his dead husband Jason, and his attitude toward Donny, simply didn't convince me about them falling in love. Their ending was to bland for me.
Tjarde
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5
Janice
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faye Kennedy
An okay'ish book. The characters were enjoyable with their personalities especially Donny. Both men had a past with ex-boyfriends they'd work through but centred on Jason and Frank..
This was a first read for the author which took a bit to get used to with scenes stopping short. I couldn't feel the love with this written from Frank's POV, i wanted Donny's view too. This has subjects with age gaps feels, ghost hunts, unfinished relationships and abusive hurts and more.
Frank is 45 yrs and single a
Lily
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I am still on the fence about this book. On the one hand, it was well written, with engaging protagonists. On the other hand, the story mostly dealt with Frank's grief and unresolved feelings towards his dead partner, which left very little space for a solid romance with Donny.

Often I felt that Frank idealised his relationship with Jason after the latter's death, since Frank's actual memories indicated that things between them were rather strained. (view spoiler)
Lada
Sep 14, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: not-for-me
DNF at 25%
Chris
good story with good characters just a touch slow in places. mostly due to being so much in Frank's head. I would have loved to see an alternating POV on this one. or at least a bonus scene from Donny's POV.
Saskia
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had a little difficulty feeling the love. Frank was just a little too hung up on Jason...
J
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2015
Feb 12, 2016
farmwifetwo
Sep 14, 2016
Stephen Osborne
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
G
Nov 21, 2015
Sylvia
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it

I just didn't like this one that much..