Start by marking “All The What Ifs” as Want to Read:
All The What Ifs

All The What Ifs (Richmond High #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Ashley Morgan is trapped. She’s spent the last three years of high school being groomed to follow in her father’s footsteps. It’s a future she’s unsure of. Yet she tries her hardest to avoid her father’s disapproval while keeping the peace for her high-strung mother and autistic brother. Whenever her fears fester, Ashley works harder.

At the start of her senior year, Ashley
Kindle Edition, 1, 242 pages
Published December 3rd 2015 by Good Gravy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All The What Ifs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The What Ifs

Ruth
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This debut novel is an insightful, funny, and tender coming-of-age story full of remarkable characters, relentless conflict, and delicious surprises. Lynn's deft use of characterization, humor, and pacing make this an enjoyable and unforgettable read. By turns funny, wistful, and wrenching, Ashley Morgan's senior year plays out before us in a slice-of-life panorama as we follow her transformation from regimented daughter to confident young woman. This is a journey as endearing and witty as it's ...more
Megan Coppadge
I received this book (and some awesome swag!) via the author and Goodread Giveaways.

Angela Lynn is a brilliant story teller.

Characters:
Ashley:
From the first page I loved Ashley. She's a fantastic character and she captured and kept my attention throughout the entire book. You know how sometimes you just get tired of the main character? I never had this feeling. There was a couple of times I wanted to shake her and tell her to wake the heck up but that's it.

Her dad, mom, and little brother Jacob
Miranda Kate
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is important to me as a reader is to engage with the characters and the story, and often that means I have to have some kind of emotion about the characters and what is happening to them. Within the first two pages of All The What Ifs I experienced strong emotions about the lead character, Ashley and how she was being treated by her family, in particular her mother and father, and from that point on I was hooked. I shared her joy of new found friendship; her fear when making hard decisions ...more
Jessica
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I have, thankfully, never been in the position Ashley is in, but I have felt that overwhelming pressure and anxiety and I have often times asked myself all those what ifs.
This book does such a great job at building that suffocating anxiety. You can feel Ashley's fear and sorrow and then, slowly, her happiness as she learns that it's ok to fail, it's ok to question and it's ok to break some rules.
Overall a great read with endearing characters
Eric
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me. I expected to enjoy it, but not to be compelled by it. Though a story about a young woman trapped in a life not of her choosing, this is really a universal tale of fear, uncertainty, and the future. Angela Lynn's debut novel is one which will compel you to think about your choices and who you want to be.
Angie
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'All The What Ifs' is All The Awesome! Pick up this book and get ready to enjoy it. Angela has perfectly captured life as a teenager. It's stressful and awkward and there's a lot of questions. But there's also lots of happiness and self discovery and this book reminds me of all of that. Loved it!
Jessica Grey
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There’s a LOT I want to say about this book…and it has taken me a few weeks to sort it all out in my brain. I’m not even entirely sure I have the right words, but I’m going to try because All the What Ifs deserves a great review and for people to hear about it.

All the What Ifs is the kind of book that sticks with you. It gets inside your brain and heart and the main character, Ashley, takes up residence there. The first part of this novel was actually really hard for me to get through because it
Lisa Shambrook
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for an authentic and beautifully written YA, then this is it.

Right from the very first page you are drawn into young Ashley’s life filled with unbearable tension and anxiety. Ashley’s vulnerability and her mother’s nervous fluttering introduce you to the man who rules their lives with an iron rod. Skip forward to her final year at High School: Ashley’s life is planned out with rigid precision and she’s about to buckle under the strain of the pressures placed upon her by her in
Lizzie Koch
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this cute and quirky coming of age tale where Ashley has absolutely no control over her life or where it's going because she doesn't know what she wants (like most teens). Ashley needs to find what she wants, and herself along the way. With strong supporting characters- friends, teachers (I particularly like Ms. Jones) and the surprisingly sensitive Lucas, Ashley starts to explore the 'what ifs' and face the consequences.

A beautifully written story which grabs your attention fr
S.J.I. Holliday
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gorgeous, quirky coming-of-age tale about conquering your fears. I loved it.
Kevin Hammond
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I don't even like Ya books. To let you know briefly why I gave this one five stars, I would say this. I normally read perhaps two or three books at a time, and often read slowly. I put aside Christopher Moore and Scott Lynch and read this whole book in under 24 hours.

The book reads like the untold side of the breakfast club, that there was one story missing and needed to be told. So here it is. One young girl held hostage to an overbearing parent, a familiar story in literature. But this stor
Kimberly
I have had the incredible privilege of reading almost every draft of this story. So it is super hard to review because I feel like a piece of my heart is in this book.
I just love it so much. No matter how many times I read it I still get butterflies. My heart still breaks a little bit each time. I still root for Ashley to win. And even though I knew how it would end I was still sad there wasn't more.
I'm so freaking excited to read what Angela Lynn writes next.
Michelle
(originally posted on The Writing Hufflepuff)

If you’ve dealt with (psychological) abuse you may find this book a bit triggering. I did at some points, so you may want to stay away from it. I seriously considered to quit it, but I continued one and I’m glad I did. I really like the ending of the book, though obviously I can’t give it away, so spoiler section:

(view spoiler)
Amy
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4.5ish.
I was really surprised by how much I liked this book. I feel like this book would be perfect for high school junior/seniors. I loved how Ashley grew in this book and the group of friends she made. I think it's important to have a book like this that shows that even when you think you have things figured out, it's ok to question "what if" and change your mind. Sometimes you don't have to have everything decided and you should follow your heart and what you want to do and not what others th
Shira
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sooooo goood!
JC (Jen)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Angela is a new to me author but I will be looking for more from her :) I really enjoyed this book <3
Chelsea
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good story, but it would have been better with a lot more editing and proofreading.
Shelley
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love love loved this book! Some of the moments were really girly, but I remember that’s how high school is! It took me back! Angela is definitely an underrated author! I want to read what’s next! Heart faces!
Lexii bates
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One word WOW! I am absolutely in love with All The What Ifs, I personally relate to Ashley and think every young adult should give this book a read. The characters melted my heart and I even blushed at Lucas's charming and tormenting ways. All I can say is I really really really hope there will be a sequel, I would love to know what happens to Ashley and her family and with Lucas!!!!!!!!!
Bridget
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 great read! Definitely felt for the main character and found myself actively hating her father. He had a lot of actions that made me dislike him but the way he acted toward his autistic son made the special educator in me boiling mad!!! but overall i enjoyed the story and found it hard to put down.
Jen
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this story. I HATED her parents. Writing was good.
Lindsay
Sep 27, 2015
  • Views from the Tower
  • Bound by Time
  • Blood on the Ground
  • The Bigtime Series (Bigtime, #1-4)
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • I Hunt Killers - Free Preview (The First 10 Chapters): with Bonus Prequel Short Story "Career Day"
  • The Brighter Buccaneer
  • The Wrong Woman (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • Loving Miss Darcy (Brides of Pemberley, #2)
  • Harp's Song (Harp's Song, #1)
  • Mystic Memories
  • Flying
  • Plague from Space
  • The Silver Locket
  • Love Songs
  • Sentimental Journey
  • The Taste of a Man
  • Ruined City
Angela Lynn lives in the desert with her mister and their four awesome kids. She sucks at writing about the author pages. If you'd like to get to know her better you should probably drop by Twitter and start up a conversation with her. Her response will most likely be ridiculous. You're welcome in advance.

Angela's debut coming-of-age novel All The What Ifs was released on December 3, 2015.

Look fo
More about Angela Lynn

Richmond High (2 books)
  • Of Lies and Zombies (Richmond High, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Life was messy, filled with countless worries, questions—what ifs. The real question was not how a person conquered the what ifs, but how one learned to live in spite of them—even when faced with the reality that the answers weren’t always pretty.” 1 likes