Start by marking “Safe from Harm (Protect & Serve, #2)” as Want to Read:
Safe from Harm (Protect & Serve, #2)

Safe from Harm

(Protect & Serve #2)

It's All Harmless Flirting Until Someone Gets Shot...

Deputy Gabe Dawson has had his eye on prosecuting attorney Elle McCoy for years. But the smart, sassy redhead is immune to his legendary charm and good looks--until Gabe is shot on the courthouse steps protecting Elle from a vengeful domestic extremist.

Elle has been protecting her heart from the cocky playboy cop. But it
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 4th 2016 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Safe from Harm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe from Harm

☕️Kimberly
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Coffee Dates with Safe From Harm:

First Date: Gabe and Elly have a history. They have known each other since he was nineteen and she was the new neighbor who lost her family. These two have an interesting chemistry, exchanging barbs as the sexual tension around them explodes. SeRine pulls us into the suspense aspect when Gabe finds himself in the middle of a restaurant shooting that leaves a good friend dead. My first date has me curious and I am ready for more.

Second date: We begin to learn Gabe
Beth
Elle is a prosecuting attorney who catches the eye of a vengeful family member after she successfully wins her case.

Gabe is a deputy who ends up jumping in front of Elle when someone takes a shot at her. He ends up getting shot instead.

Gabe has always had a thing for Elle but with his playboy attitude, Elle has kept him at arm’s length. With someone gunning for Elle, Gabe isn’t about to let her out of his site. That close proximity starts to break down Elle’s carefully constructed barriers.

Wil
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below!Loved it! Seriously well done romantic suspense! See full review on The Book Disciple
Melliane
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I liked the first book in the series and it’s true that I was curious to get into a new one. Admittedly, Kate Serine presents a very good sequel and I was happy to discover Elle and Gabe!

A family is terrorizing the city, but no one seems able to do anything against them. Yet everything gets worst when one of them kills Gabe’s partner at a party in a bar. The trial appears to strengthen their grip when they lose and vow revenge for what they have experienced.
Bea  Charmed
Meh. The story had so many cliches and the heroine Elle could be a major bitch. She was mad at him for something he did when he was drunk and then never mentioned again. She drove him home because of how drunk he was so why the hell was she so mad at him? He probably didn't remember what he said or he did while he was so drunk. *smacks the heroine for stupidity*" The heroine is drove me nuts. I wanted to throw her off a cliff.
Deni
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Deputy Gabe Dawson and Prosecutor Elle McCoy lives are turned upside down by the death of their friend and colleague, they can’t continue on denying the feelings and attraction that have been simmering for years but when their lives are in just as much danger will they be able to survive long enough to find out what those feelings mean?

With the current politics and issues going on with law enforcement right now I have to say I loved this story just for that reason. It showed a different sid
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 250-up-to-date
This is just ok. Book one is far superior to this. This held my interest just enough for me to want to know how it resolved but that's it.The suspense is not very suspenseful as we knew who the villain is, and what motivates him. The romance between Gabe and Elle is blah. Very juvenile at times. They act like 13 year olds most of the time. Surprising since she is a prosecutor and he is a deputy. I just wasn't feeling it between the two of them. I am more intrigued by Gabe's brother Tom and the q ...more
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I really enjoyed this book. It is definitely more on the romantic suspense, and with this, the romance is a little grittier. But it is also balanced very well. There are some wonderful moments with Gabe and Elle, and some great action sequences that keep you on the edge of your seat.

It is difficult to balance a romance and a romantic suspense. If you have too much suspense, the romance starts to seem out of place. If you have too much romance, the
Dísir
A zealous, anti-government survivalist (and his family), a small-town cop and an attorney tangle in Kate SeRine's 'Safe from Harm'. There isn't a huge conspiracy to be worked out, nor is there a global terrorist threat that will require lofty coordination and planning from the most elite of troops, but SeRine proves that there doesn't need to be, particularly when all it takes is a certain change and a threat to overturn the status-quo of a relationship.

I thought there were just some rough edge
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Monique
Review written: October 22, 2016
Star Rating: ★★★☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☀☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

I seriously liked Stop at Nothing, the first full length book in SeRine's new Protect and Serve series. I waited impatiently for Safe from Harm which was strongly telegraphed. I thoroughly enjoyed Safe from Harm.

Gabe and Elle had some serious chemistry going on in Stop at Nothing, so I wasn't even a little surprised that they were
Shrimalya
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
In the second book in the Protect and Serve series we have Elle McCoy, a successful attorney, who is now in danger because of a case she won.Gabe Dawson is the deputy sheriff and he can't really understand why Elle rebuffs him at every turn, not that it deters him..
Jeb, the primary antagonist, is filled with bitter anger and hate.He will stop at nothing to destroy the Dawson family whom he blames for his misfortunes and now that Elle has won the case, she too is a target.He has a cult of followe
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is an exciting small town romantic suspense. The romance between a small town DA and Sheriff's deputy is both sweet and incredibly intense. Despite years of mutual attraction, Elle and Gabe have only ever seemed to hurt each other. Things begin to change when Gabe puts himself between Elle and a terrorist’s bullet.

Small town domestic terrorism is a fresh and interesting subject for a novel. Despite the slightly preachy “B
Mags
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
**ARC Provided by Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

This is the first book I have read by this author and I did enjoy it a lot. The story started off with a bang and kept me hooked until the very end. Although there was a little bit of a lull in the middle and at times I must admit I never really felt like the two main characters Gabe and Elle or even the Dawson family as a whole was really in any danger. That being said though, the last six or so chapters were particular
Lisa Annesley
I'm really torn above up my rating for this book. On the one hand, there was some good suspense that kept me reading. At times it was a real page turner.

On the other hand, the heroine had a TSTL moment right after she blamed the hero for doing virtually the same dumb thing. Also, there were some inconsistencies in the story, along with some improbabilities. But the biggest disappointment was that SeRine made some mistakes in police procedures. In a book about law enforcement, that's a pretty big
Theresa Hurley
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one! Loved Gabe's and Elle's story!
Mojca
One year after the murder of his best friend, yet another person Gabe Dawson loves is in danger. He barely manages to save Elle McCoy's life and almost dies himself. It looks like the father of his friend's murderer, an anti-government fanatic, is behind the attempted assassination and Gabe knows this is just the beginning...

Another great read in this series.

The cast of characters was once again wonderfully portrayed, especially the Dawson family dynamics and the tight bonds that bind the five m
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

Safe from Harm is the second book in the Protect & Serve series about a law enforcement family. This one focuses on Deputy Gabe Dawson and attorney Elle McCoy. They end up getting far closer than either of them could have imagined after their mutual friend is gunned down in the local diner by the son of the local establishment hating nut job. As the prosecution of the killer begins, Gabe and Elle are soon threatened as well. After hiding their true feelings for each other
Ashley Dawn
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really got into this book. Started reading it one evening and stayed up (well past my bedtime!) to finish it. Elle has always had a crush on Gabe, but never had a clue that he felt the same. Gabe has a reputation that he didn't really earn but didn't correct either. I liked his family and how close they were. All in law enforcement and each have the other's back. When Gabe's best friend is killed, his life changes.

Elle remembers everything about the day Gabe's friend was killed, including thin
Kim
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Gabe a deputy sheriff and Elle a prosecuting attorney with secret crushes on each other since high school. There is a family in town , the Monroes that are anti police anti government but too slick to have anything pinned on them but are out for revenge when their son gunned down Gabe's best friend Chris and is sentenced to prison. Cliché and drags on forever.
Joshua Blunt
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth re-readimg

This was on my Kindle from last year and I was in between series so I came back to this one. The steamy romance scenes make this well worth a re-read!
Books and Spoons
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A high-tension novel, filled with threats, attacks, danger, and death. I loved it, every alarming moment of it, and I admit I was scared.
The culprit is known, and I don't know if that made it even more intense, the fact that they couldn't prove it and the threats just kept coming and escalating each time with the arrogance of the menace. It was terrifying.
And then when the culprit got talking, he was insane, there was no way to reason with him, and that was alarming and frightening.
Elle and G
Donna Repsher
Safe From Harm is the second novel in Kate SeRine's Protect and Serve series, and having read the first novel in the series, Stop at Nothing, which I enjoyed and gave a 4.5 star rating, I was very much looking forward to reading the next book in the series, but I'm sad to say that I don't think this novel quite measures up to the last.

The cast of characters is familiar, and this novel has a very likable hero, Deputy Sheriff Gabe Dawson, son of Sheriff Mac Dawson. Gabe is a handsome, charming, f
Yvonne Cruz
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Safe from Harm is book 2 of Ms. SeRine’s series, Protect & Serve. If like me , you have not read book 1 , not to worry. This is a standalone story.
This one centers around Elle McCoy, prosecuting attorney, and Gabe Dawson, a deputy and part of a legacy of a law enforcement family.
Both characters are complex, interesting, have suffered personal losses and have known each other since high school. She had a crush on him , he was the jock and seemingly unaware of her existence. Now both are invol
Home. Love. Books.
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on at Home. Love. Books. - The best place to find your next book! http://www.homelovebooks.com photo synopsisgraphic.png

Who doesn't love a man in uniform, I know I do. I picked up this book because frankly, I've been in the mood for a little law and order type suspense, who did and why, and will they be caught. The thing about this book is that you know who the bad guy is right from the beginning, the thing that keeps you guessing is trying to figure out how or who he is going to strike at ne
Bernie
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Safe from Harm review

Safe from Harm is the second exciting romantic suspense book in the Protect and Serve series written by author Kate SeRine.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There are times that a story will touch you in ways never expected. Knowing the world that we live in today, it is far too easy to imagine this exact type of situation playing out in towns across our country and beyond.

There are certifiably crazy people in the world, ones that hide their madness behind a mask of leadership. The kind of evil that shows one face to the followers that are so easily maneuvered to do the bidding of one man. Followers, family it doesn’t ma
Bec
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Elle McCoy seems to be the only woman not impressed by Deputy Gabe Dawson's charm. Still, it only makes him more determined to get her attention. But when a shooting ends with Gabe's life hanging in the balance and Elle's life threatened, Elle finally has to face her feelings for the gorgeous man. Can they overcome the threat hanging over both their heads before it's too late, or will Gabe's determination to protect Elle and vice-versa push them over the edge into doing something stupid
Elizabeth Mckernan
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
G0od book I will have to check the others in the series!
Rinou
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Pour se protéger de ses sentiments, Elle a tendance à être agressive et sarcastique envers Gabe, parfois même à le rabaisser par rapport à ses soi-disant conquêtes. Sa façon à lui de gérer son attirance c’est de la provoquer jusqu’à ce qu’elle s’énerve. Pas vraiment très agréable. Le méchant est plus réussi et le final assez prenant.

Avis complet https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)
  • Point Blank (Lawmen Book 4)
  • I Do. . . or Die
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • Mine to Protect (Mine, #6)
  • Dangerous Kisses
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • Reckless Honor (Hornet, #5)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • Escape Out of Darkness (Maggie Bennett, 1)
  • Personal Protection (Hauberk Protection, #2)
  • Cora's Pride (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Close to the Edge (Westen, #2)
  • The Protector (Taskforce, #1)
  • Officer in Pursuit (Lock and Key, #3)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series, the PROTECT AND SERVE series, and the DARK ALLIANCE series.

Kate is a member of Romance Writers

Protect & Serve (2 books)
  • Stop at Nothing (Protect & Serve, #1)