Start by marking “Keep Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)” as Want to Read:
Keep Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)

Keep Me, Cowboy

(77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)

The Copper Mountain Rodeo has returned to Marietta and cowboy reputations aren’t the only thing at stake…

Rodeo cowboy Cole McArthur has spent the last ten years running from Marietta, Montana, from his father’s expectations, and from the only woman he’s ever loved. But now his past is at his front door, begging for his help.

Jess Clark doesn’t want to face the only man who’
ebook
Published October 2nd 2015 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me, Cowboy

Claire Robinson
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - ”All I ever remember is wanting you.”

The third book in the Montana Born Rodeo series, gives us the return of Cole McArthur to Marietta, Montana and the reconnection between him and his first love; Jess Clark after his departure ten years previously without even a ‘goodbye’.

This was a book of two halves for me, I was really enjoying the chemistry that was building between Jess and Cole, especially as you are given the reasons of his departure back when they were teenagers, what knocked the ra
Monique
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review. My review is below.

This book is a punch to the gut. In a broken family, it's hard to be the extra. And that's exactly who Jess is - the adoptive daughter, forever trying to be good so she will be loved, can stay. It's even harder when you're in love with one of your stepbrothers. And she is, very much. But Cole has left her and Marietta. He has no intention of coming back. Unfortunately, it's Jess who has to persuade him to come hom
Joan
Oct 28, 2017 added it
I am at 41% and nothing is happening other than Cole and Jess thinking deep thoughts about what they wanted and didn't want and what happened in the past(which hasn't been revealed yet. And then more about what they wanted and didn't want until I wanted to shake the pair of them.

There is no conflict or tension or even plot here. Just two people who spend pages thinking deep introspective thoughts without getting anywhere. i couldn't care less about either of them.

Not for me. Not rating at this
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 4/2/18)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2Ce2ouk

Oh goodness. Helm does know how to give you down to their bones fucked up and broken characters and make you ache for them. Keep Me, Cowboy was a short read but one full of feels as a family is forced to face how messed up they've become over the years and tries to piece their lives back together.

The Gist: 10 years earlier Cole left town and the girl he loved. He thought he was doing the right th
Elaine
This is the third book in the Montana Born Rodeo 2015 series. Sorry for repeating myself but it still applies - Each book works well as a standalone, each is written by a different author but they do have some of the same characters in them and, of course, key events like the rodeo are also common to all the books. I am still so highly impressed by how these authors work so well together, I actually feel like I’m starting to know my way around Marietta through their descriptions!

This time ex fos
Books and Spoons
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
A broken family, emotionally unable to connect and communicate, with secrets and lies, betrayal and manipulation.
All Jess ever wanted was to be part of a family, but everyone she has loved, has left her without warning or explanation. She let the McArthurs treat her as a servant, and made herself believe she was part of the family.
One of those who left her is Cole, and now ten years later she is willing to manipulate and lie, to get Cole back into Marietta, so she could fix the broken McArthur f
JG
Keep Me, Cowboy is a second chance love story between two people who had different priorities in life when they first met but has now come into a turning point in their lives after ten years. This was quite an emotional book, full of regrets, repressed feelings and lots and lots of misunderstanding. Cole has issues with his father that had spilled out unintentionally to his early relationship with Jess. But he hasn't really forgotten what she meant to him. Jess on the other hand has been fooling ...more
Lenna  Wright-Berry
It would be a great story if...
1. Cut down on the inter dialogue, each chapter would have maybe a rough page of conversation and the rest inter struggles, doubts, fights, guilt.
2. Jess is weak with a capital W. She is a doormat, her so-called family not by blood, treats her like an employee, call her by a different name and she's too scared to correct.
3. Also Cole is a coward, when life got rough he ran, for 10 years until Jess came and lied to get him home.
4. Where is the connection between J
Bette Hansen
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing read! Filled with emotion, it takes you on a journey of going home, facing past hurts, and deciding a new path for the future. Some of the characters you just have to loathe but Cole and Jess make you want to hug them and never let go. If any characters deserve a HEA it's these two. When Jess goes to Cole to get him to return home for his father, never would she have guessed how her world would change. This is a definite must read. I highly recommend it.
Carma
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read-digital
3.75 out of 5 ~ Continuing on with my cowboy loving theme lately I found myself downloading a free copy of Keep Me Cowboy by Nicole Helm. Having just finished another I downloaded via Overdrive I jumped right into this one having loved her writing style. Keep Me Cowboy is part of a multi author series called Montana Born Rodeo (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo). Now normally I can’t handle reading things out of order in a series but generally what I’ve found happens with these types of multi author is ...more
Oldive
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Will Decker
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I like a nice light romantic read that is well written and this one fits the bill, sort of. There's enough going on in the subplot to hold your interest while you cheer for the 2 main characters to get their act together and grow up. Unfortunately, I don't like morning afters with none of the details or graphic passionate scenes. Don't simply tell us they did it 3 times. I want to know what they did 3 times. Details! It falls flat in that regard. It needs more spice and a good steeping on the ho ...more
Traci Westling
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rodeo Cole & Jess must meet up again ... it’s not going to be easy for sure as made clear from the get go but Jess does what she feels best for the foster style family that she’s known & loved for years . Short and to the point, I actually read the most current release about this Medical inclined family & fell hard for all the characters I met ! I’ve missed the older titles such as this so I had to dig into my TBR STASH & boy did I enjoy Cole & Jess ! Anything Nicole puts to ...more
Kathy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Cole gave up the girl he loved so that she could find her brother and become a nurse. The fact that he got what he wanted a rodeo career was incidental. Jess however felt his leaving without talking to her was proof that he didn’t love her. Cole’s father is sick and Jess goes to tell him to come home. Conflict abounds in this short novel S people try to figure out how they feel and how to get along together.
Jennifer F
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
This is a multiple author series, I read this one but I found that the writing style was way to feminine to have any male character talk or emotionally feel like what was written. I did like the plot line, and the characters were good, there was some build up to future novels of the other siblings, some sweet romance.
Simone Bhalla
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

It was a nice, short read. Second chance not only for the lovers but for a whole family. I must say at the beginning I was thinking such a typical second chance story but there was a twist which will take you to the another stories in the series. It was good but it didn't blow me away but still good 3,5 stars!
Patricia Henry
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10 years waiting

A family that needs communication skills, a girl who believes that their world should be better, a cowboy who did not fall for the dad's wishes, and a few other interesting twists. Part of a series.
Denise Vasak
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I don't know what these books have been doing lately, but these supporting characters lately have been wholly distracting from the main point of the story. This could have been fine but the dad was a complete and total nightmare.
Rafaela
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, but sweet

Sweet romance. Cole and Jess were high school sweethearts but circumstances pulled them apart. Ten years later the catalyst that tore them apart reunites the pair, inadvertently. So many family secrets must be dealt with if these two want a fighting second chance.
Pippa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A reasonable read though I do hate books finishing way before 100%....this one finished on 80%.
Kay Kleeberger
Poorly wrist

Was poorly written. Several if the pages never showed up in the book. Or the publishers forgot to see that they. We're downloaded.
Debie Miller
Ok

I was getting bored at the beginning. Then about the middle you got into it. Then the end comes .
Penny Harbaugh
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep Me, Cowboy

What a good short story of young love, family obligations and rekindled love. This is the first book I've read by Nicole Helm. I can't wait to read more.
Victoria
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Book Gannet
3.5 stars. Oh, Jess! How I felt for her throughout this book. Those McArthur’s are quite the bunch, and this book definitely asked more questions concerning them than it answered. But more on that later.

After a miserable childhood spent with an abusive father and bouncing in and out of foster homes, Jess has always wanted a place to belong. Once she’d thought she’d found that in Cole, but they were young and Cole had troubles of his own. When he left without a word, Jess tried to make a place fo
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Jess and Cole had been teenage lovers, okay maybe not true lovers but teenagers in love. Right up until the moment Cole left Marietta without a word, and without a backward glance. Left his home, his family and the girl who loved him and that he loved as well.

Ten years later, Jess is determined to get Cole back to Marietta. Back to the family that needs him, even if they are too proud and stubborn to admit that fact. And if she’s honest with herself, back to her
Emma
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Keep Me, Cowboy by Nicole Helm

Jess Clark doesn’t want to face the only man who’s ever claimed enough of her heart to break it, but her foster family needs their prodigal son
Shelagh
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keep Me Cowboy is the third in the 2015 Copper Mountain Rodeo series. Although it is part of a series, it stands alone nicely as the setting in gorgeous Marietta Montana and the timing of the book around the annual rodeo are the only real links between the books in this series.
This book tugged at my heartstrings a little. There was a lot of hurt to he healed but also a lot of love to be rediscovered, which was a far from easy process for those involved.
Jess Clark grew up in one foster home after
Jen
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Tule Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Keep Me, Cowboy by Nicole Helm is the third novella in the multi-authored 2015 Montana Born Rodeo series and is a second chance romance between Cole McArthur, a rodeo cowboy, and Jess Clark, a nurse. They fell in love ten years ago but Cole's decision to leave Marietta led to a lot of hurt and unanswered questions on Jess's part. When the reason for his departure i
Janine
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
After a falling out with his family ten years ago, rodeo cowboy Cole McArthur left Marietta and never looked back. He lived his dream of being a rodeo cowboy. Cole's father needs him now and Jess Clark is willing swallow her pride and confront Cole to get him to come back home. Cole broke Jess's heart ten years ago, but she will do what she needs to do in order to reunite father and son again.

Jess grew up moving from one foster home to the next. She worked hard to become a nurse and make somethi
Nicole Helm is the bestselling author of down-to-earth contemporary romance and fast-paced romantic suspense. From farmers to cowboys, midwest to the west, she writes stories about people finding themselves and finding love in the process.

She lives with her husband and two young sons in Missouri enjoying Cardinals baseball and dreams about someday owning a barn.

You can contact her via email: Nicol

77th Copper Mountain Rodeo (4 books)
  • Claim Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #1)
  • Hold Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2; The Wildflower Ranch #5)
  • Choose Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4; Canadays of Montana #2)