Start by marking “Lumberjanes #18” as Want to Read:
Lumberjanes #18

Lumberjanes #18

(Lumberjanes #18)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  562 ratings  ·  51 reviews

When April meets two mermaids who used to be friends but are now stuck in a crazy rivalry, she decides to put her friendship repairing skills to the test!

Published September 16th 2015 by BOOM! - BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Lumberjanes #18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lumberjanes #18

really liked it 4.00  ·

Venus Maneater
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I want to love it, but I can't, because I feel like such a big part of what makes Lumberjanes Lumberjanes goes missing with this different artist.
Lata
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, April LOVES mermaids. And now the gang knows mermaids are in the lake, and there's strife amongst a musical band of mermaids. So, do you think the Roanoke gang will make it to the camp's evening bacchanal?
MerryMeerkat
4 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

Don’t like this new artist as much. The characters don’t look the same. I don’t like that they all look like they have pig noses now.I hate it when they switch artists or writers. Booo. Anyway, the girls go fishing and catch a mermaid. Of course they get pulled into the mermaid drama. Despite there being a new artist, the writing is still pretty awesome. This was fun and it will definitely be interesting to see what happens next. The mermaids are definitel
Ana Luisa
New story arc, and mermaids (or should I say merfolk) are involved! Unfortunately the artist for the series changed, and I don't quite like this drawing styles as much as the old one, but I'm just gonna have to get used to that.

This issue was particularly funny, and there were quite a few laugh-out-loud moments for me so I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Cailey
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Not really feeling the art this issue. We're starting a new arc here and it just doesn't seem as strong as the previous arcs. I am interested to see where they take it. And I do appreciate the punk mermaids. :-)
Mona Loise
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
And here we go again with a different style of illustration... :( Seriously, Lumberjanes. I love you. But you've got to stick with one style.
Marta L
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chapter eighteen: Dressin' for successin'. "Plaid is a good way to go, always." AGREE!!

JAJAJAJA ¡Qué bien me lo paso con estos cómics, son super divertidos, a las Lumberjanes les pasa absolutamente de todo! xD
(ABookTrance)
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I just....no...I miss the other art... I like tall lanky Jen... this new art... no
Amanda
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'm not really thrilled with this new team. There seems to be a gap in story between issue #17 and this one. I'm also having a hard time adjusting to the new artist.
Satrina T
Hmm... I really thought the original style was back for good... It's not a bad style but it just feels foreign and strange.

The story was ok although a little slow.

Really torn between 3 and 4 stars.
Marisa Carpico
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun start to a new arc. Sort of incredible how consistently excellent this book is.
Farhana Sufi
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Art and look change again. Dislike that very much.
peachairee
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
idk how i feel about the new artist like its not bad but the old style was just... :”(
Vicki
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it

New story line with mermaids. I repeat... MERMAIDS! This issue had some cute friendship moments in.
Brittany
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I want to love this more than I did, but this series has GOT to get a consistent art style! I decided to start reading some of the individuals instead of waiting for the volumes to come out because I got impatient, but Volume 4 was just infinitely better than this - both story and art-wise, I feel. But I will admit that it's harder for me to get quite as hooked on the story when it revolves around external side characters (like the mermaids in this one).

I'm still completely hooked on this series
Eli
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Only 4 stars? What's the world coming to? Honestly, it's more about me adjusting to the new art style and trying to engage with a new story arc than anything inherent to the work. The last arc ended on such a tremendously high note, it's going to take me a while to switch gears and rev back up. I'm sure I'll come to love this arc eventually. I mean, MERFOLK! What's not to love?
Ithlilian
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel a bit of Jem and the Holograms seeping into this. I loved the first volume of that, but I think I only have room in my heart for one band based comic. Interesting start, I can see this being a decent volume.
Kristin El
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Mermaids and girl bands, what's not to love?
Erika
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Punk Merfolk! I'm diggin' this new story arc.
Oscar
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
PUNK MERMAIDS.
Jolien
This was my least favorite one. The artstyle suddenly changed, and I'm not a huge fan of it...
solène ☾
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Ducks and a possible time paradox, business as usual.
Kristen
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yesssss! Mermaids, I mean, merwomyn!!!! Finally! I love it! it also sounds like Barney is a lumberjane now. :)
Caroline
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm excited for the mermaids, but I'm not digging this art style at all.
Gary
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Not liking the story arc thus far. And the drawings!! I really miss the early issues. They were so much better.
Remmy
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could read these all day.

I've just finished ALL of the Lumberjanes and I still want more lol
They're so good, I could spend hours just reading them.
Manda Bednarik
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
New art style of the girls threw me
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, physical-2017
Really makes me wonder how people come up with these creative story lines...
Alison
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can't stop loving this series.
read more...
Mayishlee
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Got this in landfall freight comic box and fell in love with the comic.
So Silly and Cute - will be keeping up with it!

• Lumberjanes #16
  • Lumberjanes: Beyond Bay Leaf Special #1
  • Giant Days #13
  • Lumberjanes: 2016 Special: Makin' the Ghost of It
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #17
(from Twitter profile):Senior Editor at BOOM! Studios | Head of BOOM! Box | Co-Creator/Writer of Lumberjanes | your favorite boy band butch [she/her]

Lumberjanes (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • Lumberjanes #1