Start by marking “Light: A National Poetry Day Book” as Want to Read:
Light: A National Poetry Day Book

Light: A National Poetry Day Book

A free poetry book to celebrate National Poetry Day 2015 with poems on the them of light from Deborah Alma, Brian Moses, Chrissie Gittins, Liz Brownlee, Michaela Morgan, Jan Dean, Paul Cookson, Roger Stevens, Joseph Cohelo, Indigo Williams and Sally Crabtree.

National Poetry Day is a mass celebration, a special day on which all are invited to discover and share the enjoymen

Published October 1st 2015 by Macmillan Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light

Ashley Sarra
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
What a lovely little book! I first found this book hoping to just get a broader taste of some of the more recent poets, but was pleasantly surprised to find that this book not only had great poetry, but also people's thought processes, advice, and inspirations. What a better work to read during National Poetry Day? If only I had known it existed beforehand. Re-reading this book is definitely something I hope to do when the day rolls back around!

This book would also serve as an amazing education
Wondra Vanian
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
The layout used in this book of collected poems is clever. There's a poem, author bio, tips on writing, and a selected poem from a well-known poet. It really breaks it up and makes 'Light' easy to read. My favourite piece here is "Playing with Stars" by Brian Moses but "Beware The Grey" by Paul Cookson is a close second. This is a freebie, by the way, so there's no excuse for not reading it.
Manan Sheel
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a celebration for the World Poetry Day. It has beautiful poems on light. I feel that I am very intimate with sunlight and loved most of the poems in this collection. Getting inspired, I also wrote my own poem on sunlight. The poem on light ending this book by Tagore and a poem on light and how our experience with light is more spiritual than scientific by Emily Dickinson were my two most favorite poems from this little gem of a book...
Melissa
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a cute collection of poetry with the theme of light. I enjoyed reading this and thought it was a lovely collection with great ideas.
Sarah Greenwood
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great little collection of poems brought together all using the theme of light.

Each poet has a section of the book dedicated to them where it says little about who they are, shows the poem they created using the theme of light, what their inspiration is to writing poems, some writing tips on how they create them along with a favourite poem of theirs by someone else. A great reference book for people who want to get a feel for whether they would like poetry – either to read or maybe have a go a
Snoakes
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won-or-blagged
This was a free download for National Poetry Day. It's a nice little collection on the theme of light and there are several gems in there. Most of all it reminded me that I keep meaning to read more poetry! Maybe next year.
Sahvanna