Start by marking “Revenge” as Want to Read:
Revenge

Revenge

(The Tazavorn #1)

Their love is a ticking time bomb.

Juliet Sawyer was born to save the world. Gifted with incredible powers, she’s the only one standing in the way of The Great Extinction, the prophesied battle between Supernaturals and humans. In order to keep her sister safe and avenge her father’s murder, she’ll have to infiltrate the ranks of the Supernatural leaders who wish to dest
Published December 22nd 2015 by Lyrical Press, Inc

Beth
In a world where powers and abilities mean everything, Juliet must join the evil that wants to destroy her. Revenge is her goal, but she finds herself drawn to Riley…the son of one of the evillest men in leadership.

The premise was amazing, it is exactly what I look for in a great read. There were super-naturals, “Romeo and Juliet” forbidden romance, and even an alien element.

I liked the story but I didn’t find it overly engaging. I really wanted it to pull out a home run and I was invested enoug
Elaine
WOW! This is so different to other books that I’ve read by this author but it is still an exceptionally enthralling and well written tale that I found it to be a riveting page turner.

Set in the future, where the Supernaturals live alongside humans after their world was decimated by human exploration, there are prophesies coming true, rebellions being orchestrated but you’re not quite sure by whom and dangers around every corner. The characters are complex, well developed and intriguing. The natu
Amy
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really, really wanted to love this book, but sadly, it did not work out for me. One of the first things that drew me in about this book was the cover. I love book covers and this was a really great one. Then, I read the synopsis and was like, this sounds amazing! I couldn't wait to start reading it. I loved, the idea of the story. It was really promising. I liked the forbidden love and paranormal aspects.

However, that's where my likes ended. When I started reading Revenge, I was immediately co
Marty Mayberry
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't imagine how anyone could give this book less than a 5 star review. I really, really enjoyed it and can't wait to see what this author comes up with next!
Kelsey Bogan
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
** I received a free e-galley of this book from netgalley.com in return for an honest review**
My Thoughts:

I chose this book because it sounded like it would have all of the elements I look for. High stakes, forbidden romance? Check. Science-fiction or aliens? Check. Fantasy elements? Check. Please note that I received this book for free from netgalley.com in return for an honest review.

Unfortunately I did not love this book as much as I wanted too. While reading it I thought it might be the auth
Eva Millien
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In order for Juliet Sawyer to protect her sister and avenge her father’s murder she’ll have to infiltrate the ranks of the Supernatural leaders who wish to destroy her only she didn’t count on falling for someone who wants her dead in this thrilling urban fantasy.

Riley West is in charge of training the group for war which now includes Juliet, whose father in responsible for killing his family and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the excitement and the passion of the story as secrets th
Tsubasa
I don't know what I was thinking. Although the plot is good, I just couldn't really take this seriously.

Katherine Paschal
In the year 2034, an alien species lives among the humans on earth, welcomed after a space exploration destroyed their planet. But not everything is as peaceful as it seems, and a war is brewing where the aliens will get their revenge on the humans and take over earth. Juliet is an alien, but not quite, living her life full of secrets, with a greater purpose than anyone knows. She wants to stop the destruction of the humans, but it could cost her everything if she is found out.

I love myself som
Samantha
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
When I read the description of this book I thought it sounded intriguing, but unfortunately I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. It had an interesting concept, but I felt like it all happened too fast. I think the author should’ve took this concept and stretched out some things. It’s not even that it was bad, because it wasn’t and maybe if it was just one book I would’ve been okay, but knowing that there will be more and so much happened in this book alone put me off a little. I don‘t ...more
Aarati
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Revenge is a little different from what I usually read by Sonya Weiss. I believe this is her first attempt at a dystopic, sci-fi, YA romance, and she has been fairly successful.

Revenge has a strong and interesting plot-line. The story is one that grips you from the beginning itself. Sonya Weiss has woven the story in such a manner that you are glued to your books and Kindles. Set in the future, Revenge promises to be a good read.

Juliet Sawyer is a a prophesied Messiah for the humans as well as t
Angela ReadingCave
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Humans and Supernaturals live together not in perfect harmony more like mutual wariness. Juliet has been living as a human. She isn’t one though. Her daddy was a scientist and well let’s just say her DNA is not normal- for humans or Supernaturals. Her dad was in charge of the rebellion, he died. Juliet has taken up his cause, even protecting mix blood children. All Supernaturals have a service requirement, Juliet is about to be drafted.

Riley West is the head of the Probation Officers, his dad ha
Janelle
3 stars!

For almost 18 year Juliet, every day is a struggle to keep a powerful secret hidden – one that her father paid for with his life, and one that keeps her little sister Maisy hidden away for her safety. But when you got to school with the boy whose father killed your own and just so happens to of course be the King of the Supernatural race, and the secret you are keeping is so big it could chance not just your life, but all those of your “alien” Supernatural race, you tend to keep a low p
Angel Hatfield
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Riley West was head of the Probation Officers and was watching Juliet Sawyer . Juliet had known Riley for years but only at a distance . Riley was a supernatural and son of King Dacce but Riley also fit in perfectly in the human world. Juliet had rescued and hidden some mixed blood children but was also giving information to the FBI. Falling in love was also against the rules. Juliet was an outcast , she didn’t fit with the humans or the supernaturals. The rumor was Riley was without a heart or ...more
Candy Smith
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Revenge to me was like Supernatural and X-Men meets Romeo and Juliet! And if you start to think you know what's really going on don't hold your breath because that ending is probably not what you saw coming. I say I'm fairly good at figuring out where plots are going but this twist slammed into me with barely any warning. After that ending I'm impatiently waiting for the next book to see where their story goes after being left with three unsolved problems(actually four but on has been temporaril ...more
Sharon Hughson
This story had so much action and plenty of twists, but the characters never made me care about them. It earns 3.3 out of five stars from me.
The idea of people with Supernatural power isn't new. In this book, these people are actually aliens whose planet was destroyed in a war. They settled on Earth some 16 years ago in an uneasy truce with human governments.
That's about to change as this girl with a destiny according to ancient scrolls from their home planet frees her people from subjugation. I
Samantha
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, supernatural, ya
I loved this book! It drew me in on the very first page! I could not put it down, I finished in one sitting!

Juliet is a strong and compassionate main character and her Romeo is tall, dark and brooding.

Juliet and Riley (Romeo) are Supernaturals who are living on Earth after the their planet was destroyed 20 years ago. Riley is son of the king who replaced the one who died on their planet, and after his mother and brothers are murdered hates Juliet because he blames her father. Juliet hates Rile
Amy
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I honestly didn't hate this but I definitely didn't love it either. It was the start to a series and as such there is a lot of story set up to wade through. I thought the idea of aliens on earth called supernaturals and they out in the open was interesting. The whole story was kind of rushed and everyone was just kind of running around. There was a instalove connection I saw coming from the time I read the synopsis. The only thing keeping this story is the building of a Supernatural and Human wa ...more
Melissa at My Chaotic Ramblings
I was in love with this book from just the blurb alone. I couldn't put it down and was pulled into the story right off the bat. Juliet is a great heroine and Riley is a great hero, I loved all the twists and turns in the story and was so sad to see it end. I can't believe I have to wait to find out what happens next!!
Bookerina Lovington
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This was like a romance/fantasy/adventure/just-awesome book. The story was great. I liked the characters. The ending was good. And I loved the irony that it was a Romeo and Juliet type story in which the main characters' names were actually Juliet and R___. Totally great.
Laura  Redmon
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A real page-turner!

Revenge takes a whole new twist on star-crossed lovers.

The plot impeccable and the characters well-developed!

***I received this ARC in exchange for a honest review***

Laura Redmon

Cutting Muse Blog Review
Arianna
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this egalley from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
The plot was intriguing but I didn't particularly liked how it was written.
My vote: 3 stars
Debbie Waldron
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was good from the first page and couldn't put it down till the last page. And I want more.
Sharon
Jessica Miljus
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Faithless
  • Invisible Secrets (Kelly McAllister #2)
  • Ripples In Time (Maji, #2)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • Crucible Zero (House Immortal, #3)
  • It All Falls Down
  • Lady Henterman’s Wardrobe (The Streets of Maradaine, #2)
  • Unmemorable (Unmemorable, #1)
  • Waking Dreams (The Soul's Mark, #1.5)
  • Reborn
  • Painted Memories
  • Wickedly Spirited (Baba Yaga, #3.5)
  • The Seeker
  • Fractured Breaths
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • A Low Down Dirty Shane (Misfits & Mayhem, #1)
  • Engraved (The St. Croix Chronicles, #5)
  • Wickedly They Come (The Wickedly, #1)
Sonya Weiss is a freelance writer, ghostwriter and author. She's addicted to great books, good movies, and Italian chocolates.

She's passionate about causes that support abused animals and children. Her parents always supported her bringing stray animals home although the Great Dane rescue was a surprise.

The Tazavorn (3 books)