Start by marking “Redeeming Rhys” as Want to Read:
Redeeming Rhys

Redeeming Rhys

Are people born pure?

Is evil learned, or is it birthed into one's soul, like a fallen angel who was previously part of graciousness?

Rhys is decayed, black, and bad. He cut distortion out of his life years before, but he let her live; his only way to gain redemption once more.

As his sinful needs blanket him with dread, he seeks penance from the soul he saw as a second chanc
160 pages
Published January 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming Rhys, please sign up.

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
4 Stars!!

description

“Redeeming Rhys” was my second book by this author and for sure it won’t by my last. Oh my Gawd…to be in this author’s mind is pure and simple fascinating. ‘The dark’ she portrays in such a twisted way will leave you scared for life, but somehow at the same time will leave you wanting more. Mary E. Palmerin delivered a dark, gory, disturbing story about a man who tries to find redemption in a very unnatural way to say the least.

“One, two, Bad Boy is coming for you. Three, four, Littl
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Bad Boy Stars

description

I’m not sure what to say about this book but first and foremost this story for me falls one hundred percent under the HORROR genre. The writing is excellent and since this is my second book by this author I was expecting creepy characters that fall on the other side of normal. However, unlike The Goodbye Man there wasn’t anything in this book that I could hold onto and say I liked it if that makes sense?

”One, two, Bad Boy is coming for you. Three, four, Little Girl it’s too late
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Mary E. Palmerin" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Redeeming Rhys
AUTHOR: Mary E. Palmerin
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: January 19th 2016

MY RATING: 5 SICK AS F*CK STARS

I've only read one other by this author and that was "The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)" and that was seriously sick so I'm sitting here debating weither I should run for the hills now!! Or 0800 THERAPY!!

And this right here says it all!! **Warning, dar
Michelle
3.5 Messed Up Bad Boy Stars!
The first thing I thought after reading this book is...I'm glad he didn't eat anybody and why does this book take place 30 mins from my hometown? Bahahahahaha!

Rhys grew up with a drunk for a mother and no father. Until his mother meets the man with the little girl who becomes his step father. Rhys grows up believing he's bad. He is beaten and thrown in the cellar with rats often. His mom does nothing about this. His parents take him to church where he is made to conf
Elfina Renee
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo orlando_bloom_01.jpg
This story is so messed up I don't know where to begin. Fact: Rhys is dark, disturbing, gory and sinister.
 photo Damngoodbook3.gif
The heinous world Mary E. Palmerin creates is nightmarish, vivid as the victims struggles so will you in not losing your cookies. If you have religious triggers or other triggers then know up front the author pushes those boundaries and this read probably isn't for you. Five amazing stars!
 photo Tied Man 1.gif
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
5 Twisted Stars!

A twisted trip of dark, depraved, and uncertainty. You will be shocked, slightly sick, and completely consumed. A wild ride, strap on your seat belt, make sure you have your bible ready, and enjoy the forbidden chaos.

If you can't handle religious aspects, extremely taboo situations, I'd say skip along, because this story will make you tap out.

"The demon and angel danced until the fire burned them both."

Mary E Palmerin has proven versatility once again. Just when you think you'
Aliana Milano
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOAH............

THIS BOOK!!!

It just did serious things to me.

She remembers what it was like to be happy. To be vibrant. To smile and feel the flutters in your tummy from happiness. Rhys made her feel the butterflies out of fear.

People! Take the Warning VERY seriously! That's what it's there for. This book is DARK. It's TWISTED. It's FUCKED UP. And I LOVED every minute of it.

It's not for the faint of heart at all. If darkness, death and pain isn't your thing, then this book isn't for you.

Hec
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
*****5 +++ Stars*****

I am amazed at Ms. Palmerin's writing and the thought process that goes behind each book she writes.

I do have to be honest and admit that I was a bit skeptical at first because it has been such a long time that I have read a psychological mind fuck book, but this blew me away. Carla had raved about this and I just knew I had to give it a try!

The blurb is what caught me at first... Is evil learned, or is it birthed into one's soul... the age old question of NATURE or NURTURE
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4.5 Bad Boy Is Coming For You Stars ☆☆☆☆

First off HOLY SHIT.....THIS BOOK IS C -R-A-Z-Y!!!!!

"Penance doesn't find little boys like me. Only hell. "

photo PicsArt_02-20-09.54.08_zpso0kvgc4j.jpg

Rhys is a monster out to find his redemption for the life he was forced to live so many years ago. Along his road home, Rhys leaves a trail of gruesome death streaked in blood.

"Rhys loved the smell of fear. That fed his belly more than food. That gave him urgency, purpose. He felt like a righteous king ruling an untouchable demense."

The only
Sybil aka Lala
Abandon all sanity all ye who enter here…

From the very beginning this book grabbed my attention with the image of a young boy in a confessional booth, covered in bruises and clutching bloody rosary beads. Some ten years later we catch up with him again on his journey to seek redemption from a girl called Wren. To give more of the story away would be unfair as this book should be entered into blindly to get the full effect. If you’ve ever wanted a glimpse into the deranged mind of a serial killer
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo 12489402_546512758851645_4850064288994892401_o_zpsnsxonmqv.jpg

WHAT A STORY! I still cannot recover from the feelings this book awoke in me. This is the ugliest story I've ever read about two warped people and their idea of love...Well, not love...not exactly.
Rhys is a killer. His mind is sick from all the years of torture he has endured in the hands of his family. His one and only hope is Wren, the girl he left behind. He dreams of her and he loves her in his own sick way.
Wren is out there, and in Rhys' mind, waiting for him to resume what they started
Mirjam
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark

“There’s only one God that can save you, my darling, and he is me.”

OMG! What depraved mind wrote this! Behind the, overly, repeated abuse Rhys receives growing-up, there is one fucked-up story. His only hope for redemption is his childhood sweetheart who he is looking for to pick up where they left ten years ago. Reading the book will let you understand their (oh so troubled) story and, you won't be able to not, feel so sorry for the little boy.
Rhys does not feel emotions and is in desperate ne
JESSICA
Going Down The Black Hole With Rhys/Wren
 photo Collage1_zpsvokihbv5.jpg
This is who I envisioned (Alexander Skarsgård/Amy Lee) when I was reading this crazy & disturbing book!

I won't ruin this beautifully dark read by divulging any details, I'm not one to spoil a story... Go into this blindly. But I will say, I feel like frickin Alice in wonderland, when she tumbles into the rabbit hole. But for me it was a black hole of; "Anger-Brutal-Insanity!" I don't even know where to begin... Out of all the dark and twisted books
Michelle
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Redeeming Rhys is not for the weak hearted, the warnings are given for a very good reason! :~subjects involving religious aspects that may be a hard limit for some, rape and torture situations.

Prepare yourself for a unique refreshing dark, twisted, sick, gruesome ~ blow you mind read.

Mary Palmerin's writing style is top class, this book will pull you in and take you into Hell a place to be feared, however, you will enjoy the journey through hell alongside Rhys & Wren if like me you enjoy th
Ashleigh Giannoccaro
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal ... Absolutely phenomenal and also probably the most f@cked up story I have read. When I chatted to Mary about this book I was genuinely afraid to read it.

Rhys and Wren are characters in a story I will not soon forget.

I will post my full review after release because I don't want to spoil this book for anyone that wants to read it... and you should read it!
'Q' aka CoCo
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
"He was a quiet monster. One that lurked in the depths of madness while basking in the sorrows of all his yesterdays."
Sounds good, yeah? I thought so. Problem is that it took soooo long to get to the freakin' point. Rhys had a shit childhood. That's established pretty early on, and he's obsessed with Wren, his stepsister. He believes he can find absolution for all his sins (and they are many) if only he can find Wren and convince her he is not a bad boy...

At 30% in, I'm thinking the imagery is
Debbie
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'll start with saying 5 incredible stars! Mary has done it again! The story was deep and dark and at times made me question my own sanity. I couldnt help but fall in love with every character, no matter their faults, which is really quite impressive because i always dislike someone for one reason or another. The writing is so detailed i could see the whole book played out in my head which kept me so engaged, i had to physically remove myself from it when i needed to take care of my family lol. ...more
Lustful Literature
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW

Wow just wow, this story was nothing at all what I expected. I love a good dark and gritty story but this one was beyond dark. I had no idea what I was reading, this was different from anything I have read and experienced and for some reason I could not stop reading it. I just had to find out what in world was going on. The author did a remarkable job in writing this very graphic, disturbing and dare I say it evil story. Her words bled through each page while it grabbed an
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~Obsessed by Books copy given in exchange for an honest review ~*~

" She was letting the devil love her in all the wrong ways, and her conflicted heart enjoyed it with every ounce of its fucked up glory."

Religion, the belief in something Divine can act as a mask for the depravity of human nature. Seven deadly sins, the Ten Commandments, the boundaries in which the Bible define good and evil are corrupted beyond belief in this dark tale of blood, pain and liberation. Rhys was a bad bad boy, ing
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Laura lee
Recommended to Shabby by: Mary palmerin
Rhys is a tortured angry soul. He is beyond redemption .
but we all know Mary can really spin a tale .rhys's journey starts with pain and his soul searches for redemption, a forgiveness from his soulmate. Mary has excellently portrayed a character in Rhys as somebody who is being haunted by the secrets he's keeping, the lies kept locked in his heart. They make him angry at the world, at God, at God's men, at all the beautiful girls who look like her !
He waits a long time to revisit his places of
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆

1 1/2 stars...the full star is for the last 10%
160pg? That's all? I feel like I just read a 1500 page text book, in a foreign language, that I had to translate.

But I finally finished.
I will say, the last 8-10% did mildly catch my interest. I liked getting those last glimpses into the past.

That's it...that's the only portion I really enjoyed. It was painful for me. It was not the darkness, it was not the violence, it was just painful to trudge through each and every page.

Hey, that's gonna be my r
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I was given an ARC by the Author for an honest review.

"But nothing is ever what it seems. People are always hiding behind something."

Well what can I say I love all of Marys Books and Redeeming Rhys is no exception.
Read the warnings as Redeeming Rhys is not a light and fluffy read it is not for the faint hearted there is some stuff others might find as a hard limit like religious, rape and torture this book is dark.

It is Unique Dark Twisted Sick it will blow your mind.

This book will pull you and
Thai Holman Pure and Dark book blog
Brilliant and dark. Mary has a very poetic writing style that makes this very dark story beautiful. This isn't for the faint of heart, had cringe worthy moments where I had to take a moment myself. This book goes inside the mind of Rhys and into what makes him well rhys. It's dark, descriptive, and amazing. Mary is a amazing author and 5 stars isn't enough. Yet again I'm madly in love with these characters and felt connected with them and this dark story. Definitely a must read for dark lovers.
J. Kahele
This was a very dark book, that frightened me only because the character Rhys could actually be a real person. My head is so messed up after reading this one I think I may need therapy. The author's writing is intense and she created a world where you wanted to escape, but you had to know what was going to happen next. It's like watching that horror flick that you cover your eyes with your hands leaving a little peek hole to look through. This book will stay with me forever, that's how much it a ...more
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Writing: ★★
Story: ★★
Characters: ★★

Overall rating: 2.0

This book was just painful to be honest. I love a dark read, and I do mean dark, intense mindfucks, but this one just didn't hit the mark for me. So many times I really wanted to quit and mark it down as a DNF.. but it was so short that I just kept going. And the more I read, the longer the book seemed.

Jennifer Juers
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"If there is ever such a thing as love, I do believe that I feel it with you. Love is never constant or stable. Hate must keep it in check, my darling. Love and hate are equally as appealing, both of which I feel for you." -Rhys

I don't even know what else to say without giving anything away. I went in completely blind. Mary weaves a story of two people, Rhys and Wren, who have endured murder, lies, deceit and lust.

Rhys did something that made me actually gag and want to puke and I've never had
Deb Carroll
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Talk about dark, twisted, evil and mind bending.

Rhys is by far the darkest character I have read, and I have read some pretty dark s*&t! His childhood sucked and he became the epitome of broken. After ten years away from home he is driven to return.

Wren is the girl Rhys left behind. She has a troubled past of her own, but she has never gotten over Rhys. Wren is not normal and needs her own healing.

The beatings that Rhys took as a child will haunt you for the rest of your life. You will fee
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Mary does it again! This book is one of my favorite of her collection. If you are familiar with Mary's work, you'll find this one to be quite different than her others. It's still dark, still has her poetic flare, but feels different from her other books. Rhys is a dynamic, tormented character. Wren is timid and tormented as well with memories of Rhys and their fucked up childhood. She tries to do the best she can and work through her own problems by helping others for a living, but it only help ...more
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
Feb 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
“Thou shall spill the sins from thee lips, boy." It should read 'thy' not 'thee'; this was my introduction to this awful book. Not sure why I've given it 1* except there is no 0*'s available; why not?

The tenses are all over the place; even mixed up in sentences. I didn't know if I was here or there, as it were.

The story? What story would that be? Just nonsensical, and all over the place. 'Play dead Sally'?? What the heck was that all about?

Pace was stop, start, stop. Characters were crazy caric
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book definitely took me to a place I’ve never been before. If you are the least bit squeamish, this story is not for you. This is the darkest book I’ve ever read, and I discovered books this dark are just not for me. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t well written. It was, I just did not care for the story line.

Redeeming Rhys is about whether or not evil is learned or if you are born with it. Rhys took me on his journey, and outside my hearts and flowers box. I did not enjoy the journey (sorry I
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Snatch
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Blyssful Lies (The Blyss Trilogy, #2)
  • When Ravens Fall
  • Hollow
  • Deadly (Empathy, #3)
  • Fragile Truths (The Shadows of Sin, #1)
  • Lex (Unconventional Hearts #1)
  • Blame It on the Shame (Blame It on the Shame, #2)
  • Master Over You
  • Ruthless Sons (Bittersweet Cartel #2)
  • Absolution
  • Kratos (Take Over, #3)
  • This is me... (I Am Her..., #2)
  • Ridin' High, Livin' Free: Hell-Raising Motorcycle Stories
  • Rose De Muerte
Mary E. Palmerin is an internationally bestselling author of The Monster Series, half of the madness behind The Red Market Series, and Redeeming Rhys. She currently resides in Indiana with her husband and two small boys. She enjoys writing raw, emotional tales that strike various emotions in her readers. When she isn't busy writing, she usually has her nose in a good book. Mary loves spending time ...more
“Because right now, I am your God. And you’re my fucking bitch.” 1 likes
“Then I will take my knife and stab your cunt. I’ll watch your pussy drip, slowly and beautifully until my cock can’t take it any longer.” 0 likes