Start by marking “All That is Lost Between Us” as Want to Read:
All That is Lost Between Us

All That is Lost Between Us

Seventeen-year-old Georgia has a secret – one that is isolating her from everyone she loves. She is desperate to tell her best friend, but Sophia is ignoring her, and she doesn’t know why. And before she can find out, Sophia is left fighting for her life after a hit and run, with Georgia a traumatised witness.

As a school psychologist, Georgia’s mother Anya should be used t
Published February 1st 2016 by Simon and Schuster Au

To ask other readers questions about All That is Lost Between Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That is Lost Between Us

Start your review of All That is Lost Between Us
PattyMacDotComma
“Initial sessions are always full of conversation – the general impression of teenagers as monosyllabic grouches is largely unfair. Nine times out of ten they are eager to talk, open to understanding and considering the world around them, and, most of all, anxious to fit in, to find a place in their school or home life where they feel comfortable and accepted.”

This is Anya speaking, the mother of the Turner family, and it's one of her (too many) teaching moments. Anya's chapters are written in
Veronica ⭐️
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, s-s, 2016, aww-2016
All That is Lost Between Us is about family and how they can slowly drift apart. The drift is so slow that one day you realise that you don’t know who these people are and they don’t know you.

The story is told in the changing view points of the Turner family, Callum, Georgia and Zac with Anya’s being in first person. I think this was done so we feel more empathy for Anya or maybe I just did because I’m a mum of a teen and I could relate to Anya and her thoughts more readily.

”Once I start the eng
 Li'l Owl
I didn't just read this book, I devoured it!

Above them, the floodlit spire of St Mary’s defied the darkness, spearing the night, blocking out the moon. She tried to let go of Danny’s hand, but he held on to her tightly. She felt her phone begin to vibrate in her pocket, and just had time to wonder who was calling when there was a noise behind them. She turned to see a pair of headlights impossibly close, the heat of them throwing sudden warmth towards her legs. The driver couldn’t fail to spot t
Brenda
4.5s

Georgia Turner had felt isolated and alone for a little while – her cousin and best friend Sophia was being distant and Georgia felt a desperate need to talk to her. The secret she held in her head felt like a lead weight, and she needed to talk to Sophia about it before she went mad. The night of the party was when Georgia would talk to her she felt sure – but then on their walk home, there was a terrible accident and Sophia was dreadfully injured. The trauma that Georgia felt rocked her w
☼♄Jülie 

This was a fascinating and at times gripping story about a family who suddenly find themselves embroiled in the circumstances of their daughter's (and sister's life) and unwittingly implicated in a sequence of events which are the fallout of the complex consequences of her unthinking actions.

Seventeen year old Georgia has a secret which is eating at her conscience, and much to her distress, her best friend Sophia has not been available for her to confide in.
It seems that ever since returning fro
Dale Harcombe
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes stories told from differing points of view work well and sometimes they don’t. This one, in my opinion, does as the four viewpoints gives a more comprehensive view of this family. There is Georgia, seventeen years old and with a secret she longs to tell her cousin and best friend Sophia. Then there is Georgia’s younger brother Zac who finds something he shouldn’t have seen and it ends up with consequences he could not have foreseen. Lastly there are the parents, Callum and Anya. Callum ...more
Sandra
A story about a family this close to falling apart.
Mom Anya is a closeted helicopter mom, driving dad Callum away, who then throws all his zeal in his volunteering work for Mountain Rescue. 17 Year old daughter Georgia feels disconnected to her mother and does everything she can to shut her out of her life. She is a fervent fell runner and is determined to win a scholarship to a prestigious college. Her brother Zac is still trying to find his way as a teenager with raging hormones and when he st
Carolyn
This story opens at the beginning of a new school year with cousins Georgia and Sophia starting their final year. Georgia hasn't been herself for the last few weeks although is looking forward to school fell running competition which she has won for the last two years and has been training as hard as ever. But something happened to her during the summer break and she longs to share her secret with Sophia. However, before she gets the chance to talk to her the pair are hit by a speeding car and S ...more
Chloe
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aussie-author
A mother's worst fears.
A daughter in distress.
A family falling apart.

This was a fairly mild psychological thriller - to me it's more about a family struggling to connect. A family that fears that the things that are lost between them may never be recovered. It's about secrets. Secrets that hurt. Secrets that can tear lives apart.

It's about mothers and teenage daughters. Husbands and wives. Sisters and brothers.

Set in a small town in the rugged beauty that is England's Lake district, Sara Foster
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

All That is Lost Between Us is a compelling modern domestic thriller from Sara Foster.

Unfolding from the perspectives of the four members of the Turner family, it is a story about guilt, secrets, betrayal and loyalty.

Seventeen year old Georgia Turner, high school student and champion Fells runner, is preoccupied by a secret she can't share, not even with her best friend and cousin, Sophia.
Anya is frustrated by her inability to connect with her increasingly withdrawn daughter who spurns both her
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Tension packed!

My View:

Sara Foster draws us into a chillingly tense narrative of secrets and lies with an explosive prologue that has her protagonist Georgia in a very dire situation (no spoilers here). The stage is now set, the scenery and back drops in place, and the principal characters ready – the excitement is building!

Sara Foster has produced a domestic narrative that is tension packed and full of surprises. Georgia’s secret is devastating and tantalising, slowly, ever so slowly we are gi
Bianca

I rarely read books in this genre - suspense, thriller(?), so I don't have much to compare against. Regardless, I know what/when I enjoy reading something and this novel was a great read.

All That Is Lost Between Us is more of a contemporary, psychological novel, where every member of the Turner family is thoroughly dissected. The Turners are a middle-class family, who have slowly been drifting apart.

Not unlike in many other families, the mum, Anya, is the glue that holds them together,
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I enjoyed the wild ride this book took me on. Every time I thought I knew where it was going, something unexpected would happen.

Families are difficult. Relationships are difficult. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Secrets and lies, both well intentioned and malicious, are exposed.

Anya and Callum have been married for what seems like forever. Their marriage is feeling a little stale, but neither will yet admit there is a problem. They snipe at each other. They are rushed, harried, and spend little ti
MaryG2E
A well-written and well-paced story which is part family drama and part psychological suspense. From a low-key opening, the story builds gradually in intensity to a genuinely nail-biting climax. In some ways this is a bit surprising, as the setting and the various episodes are very much in the domestic sphere. There are no dramatic action sequences - it’s more about human emotions and misunderstandings. The upside of this is that there is very little bloodshed or violence - it is very much a bat ...more
Carrie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Georgia has a secret that has been tearing her up inside. She wants to talk to her cousin and best friend Sophia but the girls have been drifting apart. After attending the same party the girls are walking home with another friend, Danny, when out of nowhere a car comes up behind them and the trio become the victims of a hit and run. Danny manages to pull Georgia out of the way but Sophia is seriously injured. Afterwards Danny seems to think that the accident may have been an attempt on Georgia' ...more
Susan May
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
REVIEW TO COME
MarciaB - Book Muster Down Under
For more of my reviews, go to http://bookmusterdownunder.blogspot.c...

Georgia has a secret that she’s desperate to share with her cousin and best friend, Sophia. Before she gets the opportunity though, the two girls and a friend are involved in a hit and run accident which leaves Sophia in a coma and Georgia in a state of turmoil, wondering if her secret is the reason why the unknown driver was on the road that night.

As she continues her preparations for the new school year and the annual Fell R
Suzanne (Lily)
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, suspense, netgalley, raw
First thoughts...Loved it! Watch out for this one in 2016

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Wow, this was good.
A multi-faceted story which depicted seemingly every day wholesome families in a different light to the one they portrayed. Family dynamics and needing to deal with first romances and established marriages and all that lies in between are drawn together in All That is Lost between Us. A fateful night sees a group of teenage friends fall victim
Sharon
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, suspense
I was given an electronic copy by Simon & Schuster: Australia and NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

All That is Lost Between Us is a classic story about teenage angst, with a slightly twisted and darker underlying issue to bring up the suspense level. The beginning half of this book is not too memorable, as the story has been told dozens of times by many other authors. A seventeen year old girl has a secret, which starts to affect her life and relationships with her family. An accident
Linda Strong
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a story about family dynamics, love, hate, envy .... even attempted murder.

Georgia is 17 years old and has a secret. Because of that secret, she's withdrawn from her family and friends. Her mother is the school psychologist and has no idea why all of a sudden her daughter has turned away from her. Georgia's father has his own guilty secret that's badly affecting his relationship with his wife. And Zac, the little brother accidentally discovers the secret that leads to disaster for everyo
Rowena Holloway
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5
As a psychological suspense this one didn't quite keep me on the edge, but if you love novels of family drama and tension this is a stellar read.

When she gets the call that her daughter Georgia has been involved in an accident, Anya is desperately trying to hold her family together—her daughter has become withdrawn and secretive, her husband is absent even when he’s at home, and her son is lost in video games. Georgia is bruised but otherwise fine. But her cousin Sophie is in an induced com
AusRomToday
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Told from alternating view points, All That Is Lost Between Us, tells the story of drifting apart—from a marital relationship to the mother-daughter connection that often frays during the teen years. It details, perhaps a little too finely at times, the fractures that occur inside families and just how deeply and acutely that disconnect is felt by all involved.

Foster presents both the mother and teenage daughter point of views with ease and that certainly allows you to immerse yourself in the ch
Verushka
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Bree T
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I made a bad decision picking up this book when I only had a small amount of time to spare. I started it about half an hour before I had to leave to go and pick up my son from school and ended up taking it with me to read while I waited at pick-up, so difficult was it to put it down. When we arrived home I continued reading, all through dinner prep and then finished it after he went to bed.

This is Sara Foster’s fourth novel – I’ve read all of them now and every time a new one is released I remem
Lynda Dickson
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Seventeen-year-old Georgia, her cousin Sophia, and her friend Danny become victims of a hit-and-run driver as they walk home from a party one night. While Sophia ends up in hospital, Georgia suffers only minor injuries, thanks to Danny's quick actions. Things become complicated when Danny reveals his suspicion that this was no accident. With everyone in Georgia's family hiding a secret, and with her parents' marriage slowly imploding, it might just take a tragedy to bring this broken family back ...more
Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
Australian author Sara Foster has given us a suspenseful and emotive read in All That is Lost Between Us, set in the evocative landscape of the Lake District in England.

The Turners (Georgia, Zac, mother Anya and father Callum) are an average family trying to deal with their own personal problems and issues while doing a somewhat poor job of being united; instead seemingly isolated from each other.

The dialogue between the characters was realistic and very contemporary, and the unique use of mobil
marlin1
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
This book is so much more than a suspense novel. It's about a family losing their way with their loved ones and alienating those close to them and then trying to find their way back.
Anya and Callum's marriage has lost it's way and neither are really communicating with each other. Callum finds excuses to be over involved with the local mountain rescue team and Anya is a local school counsellor who is struggling to communicate with their 17yr old daughter, Georgia.
Meanwhile Georgia is harbouring a
The Badger
Sep 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I read this book because I was sick of it showing up on my home page when my Kindle was switched off. This is also why I have a closet full of Flonase.

Summary: Lax parenting leads to two teen cousins f***ing up (my Mom says I need to stop dropping the F-bomb) innocent adults' lives. The author expects us to feel empathy for the teens and their parents, but I'd prefer to see the teens doing time with kids that committed crimes to survive, rather than messed with people's lives for fun
Kathy
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this compelling, modern day drama with secrets around every corner and this is one of those reads that you just have to keep reading to finally get to the bottom of it. Told from alternating points of view, I really enjoyed the characters and the family dynamics that threaten to tear a family apart. Quite a good read…..
Fiona Akkerman
All around us, time beat its wings, herding us in the only direction it could. The endless hours of those early years became a seamless tumble of days, gathering momentum as our children grew up.

Days before Georgia is to compete in her school’s fell-running championships, she is involved in a harrowing accident. In its wake she is left a wreck of emotions and fears, and, unknown to her family, a secret is burrowing into her conscience which may have sinister effects.

While Georgia deals with
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Good Turn (Cormac Reilly, #3)
  • The Strangers We Know
  • The Perfect Family
  • Sheerwater
  • Maggie's Going Nowhere
  • Going Under
  • A Reasonable Doubt (Robin Lockwood #3)
  • The Model Wife
  • Bruny
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • The Half Sister
  • Peace
  • Below Deck
  • Into the Night (Gemma Woodstock, #2)
Sara Foster is the bestselling author of five psychological suspense novels: THE HIDDEN HOURS, ALL THAT IS LOST BETWEEN US, SHALLOW BREATH, BENEATH THE SHADOWS, and COME BACK TO ME.

Born and raised in the UK, Sara worked for a time in the HarperCollins fiction department in London, before turning her hand to freelance editing, and writing in her spare time.

It wasn't until 2007 that Sara decided to

News & Interviews

“she can make” 0 likes
“I’m waiting to hear the engine spring to life. But nothing happens. Of course. The bloody battery is dead. I” 0 likes