Start by marking “Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)

Shuffle

(Ruby Riot #2)

With Ruby Riot on a break, Will Campbell, Ruby Riot bassist, returns to university to finish his degree and fails badly at everything apart from partying. He needs major help if he wants to pass his final year and attempts to join a not-very-rock star study group. Will is horrified to discover the person organizing the group is Fleur Roberts, the girl he's secretly crushed ...more
Published January 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Shuffle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shuffle

Start your review of Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)
Sybil aka Lala
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

Will’s band Ruby Riot is on a break and the only choice he has is to go back to college to complete his degree and wait for his band’s album to be released. Will was not made for school. He’s failing out of his classes and the one girl he actually wants doesn’t seem to know he exists. A problem he quickly solves by drunkenly embarrassing her and making a complete fool of himself. He also needs the help of a study group if he has any hope of passing his classes but the person in charge of this st
Siobhan Davis
Another stomping good read from Lisa Swallow. I'm a big fan of her Blue Phoenix series so I was delighted when I heard about this spin-off series featuring new up and coming band, Ruby Riot. Book 1, Cadence, was about Jax and Tegan and I mistakenly thought this book was about Nate and Riley. But it's actually about Nate's twin, Will, and his crush, Fleur.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to continuing the series. It has all of the things I've come to expect from Lisa - great wri
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Oh wow Will!
Shuffle is the story of intelligent, determined, and gorgeous University student Fleur, and one half of the hot rocker twins from Ruby Riot.
But which one? Well that seems to be overall confusion for Fleur too.

Bassist for the up and coming Rock band Ruby Riot's Will Campbell is having the time of his life. Playing support for Blue Phoenix, getting to do what he loves, all with his twin brother Nate, and of course having girls throwing themselves at him. But all good things must come
❤ Bibi ❤
Ruby Riot reviews
Cadence ❤❤ here
Shuffle ❤❤❤❤❤ See below!
Reprise ❤❤ here

Shuffle is the second book in the Ruby Riot series, which is a spin-off from the Blue Phoenix series. It’s not necessary to read the Blue Phoenix series, or Cadence (first book in the Ruby Riot series) first, but I’d recommend it as some of the characters do overlap.

WOW - absolutely smashing story, solid character building and an amazing female lead!

With Ruby Tuesday being on maternity leave from touring, Ruby Riot has some
litljen
Shuffle is the second book in Lisa Swallow's Ruby Riot series, a spin off of her amazing Blue Phoenix series. Will Campbell, a tattooed and pierced rocker, is the bass player for Ruby Riot, an up and coming band on the verge of super stardom. The band is on hiatus while their lead singer adjusts to new motherhood so Will and his twin brother Nate (the band's drummer) go back to study at university in order for their parents to still support them. Will gets drunk at the start of the book and make ...more
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
I liked this book. And I thought Will/Nate was so funny and sweet. The only reason I'm not going 5 stars is the last part of the book. How she reacted and "being scared" was just stupid to me. So I'll go 4 stars.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
this one wasn't for me. Very slow and kind of immature.
Jaime
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
**2.5 Stars**

I liked the first half of the book when Will was still tricking Fleur into thinking he was Nate. The rest? Not so much..

I did not like Fleur, at all. She was judgmental and she was actually pretty terrible to Will. Especially when it came to the situation with Shaun. (view spoiler)
Ashley
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Will is such a fantastic character. He is genuine and interesting and humorous. The author did a great job creating this perfectly imperfect rock star. The story follows his romance with Fleur, which is hot, steamy, and relatable. I did not like Fleur's reaction toward the end of the book...the man stood up for her and she reacted horribly. I was very upset with her behavior. But overall, I enjoyed watching the relationship blossom and found Will to be a 10. Enjoyable read.
Michelle Austin
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Title:Shuffle
Author: Lisa Swallow
Series: Shuffle is the second standalone book in the Ruby Riot rock romance series. The Ruby Riot series is a spin-off from the Blue Phoenix books but can be read separately.
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Release Date: 1/28/16
Genre(s): Rockstar Romance
Page Count: 296
Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Jody
My love of rock star romances continues courtesy of the delightful bassist for Ruby Riot, Will Campbell, and the fun and flirty dialogue that sparks between him and Fleur Roberts, the woman he's inexplicably drawn to. With this new series Ms. Swallow has crafted an entertaining read featuring a band on the cusp of fame with all the early fears of failure when their dream is finally within reach. For Will, fear of failure when it comes to his Uni education is becoming more of a reality after thei ...more
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*received ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Shuffle is the second book in the Ruby Riot series, which is a spin off series from her Blue Phoenix series. I really liked this book better than the first book, Cadence. While Cadence was a good book, this book exceeded my expectations and took a different direction as the first book did. I was expecting more of the same from Lisa, but I am really glad she spiced things up. This book can be read as a standalone.
The plot of this book mixes two genr
Kristen
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boy, what a great read! I absolutely loved this book.

Will is one of a set of twins who is instantly drawn to Fleur at a party. Even drunk, he professes his love for her. Fleur gets angry and thinks that he's just playing with her, trying to make her look like a fool. After all, everyone knows that Will and his brother are players. They don't give a crap about love.

Even though Will and his brother are a part of the band, they're taking a break because the main singer had a baby. So while on the
Megan
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely isn't the typical college romance! After reading Shuffle's blurb, I was expecting the usual college/band romance where the guy is famous and there are problems in the relationship because of college and the gaining popularity of Ruby Red (the band). And while there was definitely some of these themes present in the novel, there was a twist of identity that added a whole new element to the novel and really bumped up my rating to five stars!

The author did a good job of creatin
Shelley Youngblood
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Lisa Swallow's work, I could not wait to get my hands on her next installment of her Ruby Riot series. I was not disappointed when I did. I have been reading snippets about the Campbell Twins and their crazy antics since I first found Lisa Swallow's Blue Phoenix Series. (As this series is a spin-off from Blue Phoenix, I was ecstatic to finally learn more about Will Campbell.) I must admit, Lisa made me completely fall in love with him as well as Fleur Roberts in this story.

After goi
S.D. Wasley
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance readers
Gemma Weir
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Shuffle is book #2 in the Ruby Riot series, I was gifted an ARC of this book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

Will, Will, Will you adorable little ball of sexiness!!

I kind of feel like I’m perving on the jailbait boy from next door, Will is young. Like SOOOOO young and it’s odd that I’m a bit in love with him.

The twins have always been just this obnoxious double act that have manwhored it about in the background since Jem's bo
Claire
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-arc
4.5 Stars :)

Well first things first, I love a good rock star book and I'm from the UK so this was a no brainer for me. I like to read books that are written in British English for a change.

I've read the Blue Phoenix series by this author and enjoyed it so looked forward to this. I enjoyed this a lot.

This can be read as a standalone. Reading the previous books in the series is not really required

We've met Will before. He's the bassist for the upcoming band, Ruby Riot. He doesn't make the great
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HOLY I LOVE WILL BATMAN! Every book that Lisa Swallow writes is amazing, and Shuffle is absolutely no exception. Ruby Riot is on break so Ruby can have her baby, so Will has gone back to Uni to finish his degree to make his parents happy. He's failing badly at everything except partying, and needs serious help. Fleur is a serious student. She has no desire for any rock star distractions, especially ones that humiliate her at a party, as she hates any public attention. Will needs to join a study ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shuffle is book two Ruby Riot series. It can be read as a standalone. I didn't read book one , Cadence and I wasn't lost at all when reading Shuffle. Shuffle is Will and Fleur's story.
Will is the bassist for Ruby Riot. His band has just gotten done with touring with Blue Phoenix. His band is waiting for their album to drop and things to pick up again. Will and his twin Nate had back to college to finish their degrees. Will likes Fleur but she won't ever give him the time of day. Fleur has a bad
Kim
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*************ARC given for honest review***********
Will has been half of the infamous Campbell twins, partying and sleeping his way through groupies. But when Ruby Riot goes on break and he and Nate have to head back to college, he starts to want more. Particularly from the lovely, very studios, Fleur. The girl who he has had a secret crush on for two years.
Fleur is a history major. She is kind of uptight, with ideals of what her perfect man is and it no where near resembles Will.
After Will hu
Rochelle
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it

ARC received by Inkslinger in exchange for an honest review

This book is about a musician named Will trying to get the girl (Fleur) he'd had a crush on for two years by pretending to be his identical twin Nate.

I found this book entertaining in some parts, especially the whole drama about Fleur not knowing which twin she's addressing to. I liked how Will is so determined to be good enough for Fleur and for not giving up even after she hated his guts.

It's not a bad romance novel and many readers c
Fiction  Conviction Book Blog
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-faves
I absolutely loved this book! I laughed, sighed, cheered, cried and swooned my way through this gorgeous fledgling rockstar romance!

Knowing how much I love Lisa Swallow’s style, I put the rest of my day on hold before I started this book, and just as well I did. Shuffle hooked me from the first page and I couldn’t put it down.

The things I thought I knew about Will were challenged in this book. A guitarist in a rising rock band, having let the first taste of stardom go to his head, he’s still a
Ashley
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fleur hates Will and is one of the few girls who feels that way. Will has had a thing for her since he first noticed her. After pissing her off at a party he knows she won't let him into her study group when he needs help. So he pretends he to be his identical Nate. But then they begin falling for each other. What can possibly go wrong? What happens when the truth comes out? Can they overcome the obstacles? Do they live happily ever after?

Wow, so good! I absolutely loved the characters. They wer
Tina
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man, I thought I loved Jax but Will has my heart now. I started this book today and didn't stop until it was over. My heart is so owned right now. Total book hangover.

Will is part of the Ruby Riot twins and has a persona as part of that duo. The girl he has been crushing on for 2 years only sees the public persona and not the real Will. While on a break from touring, Will is forced back to college with failing grades. He joins a study group that Fleur practically runs.

Fleur can't stand Will. She
Anne
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
******** ARC given for an honest review*****************

I am a fan of all that Lisa Swallow has written. I love her writing style , and the way she develops her characters so that you feel connected to them throughout the story. Shuffle is the second book in the Ruby Riot series and it did not disappoint me! I enjoyed getting to follow Will and Fleur's story as it developed. I was anxious to see how Will resolved the situation he created when he pretended to be his twin brother, Nate, just to be
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I am thinking that perhaps this just wasn't the book for me. I really am in the minority on this one as most have loved it.

I found a few things that I genuinely enjoyed. The British/English dialect is awesome!! The twin aspect was really great. Both man whores, but one girl can change it all. Will really develops into an amazing leading man.

Fleur, which I love the name, is really kind of a pain in the rump. I really struggled to like her character. She is judgmental, snobbish, and just an all a
Heather andrews
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Will is a sexy man, “what the eff is your complex about this?”I fasten my belt and Fleur watches, smoothing her hair. “Right. You. Come with me.” I pick up her bag, and she catches as I throw it at her. Then I grab her hand and drag her out of the room." I'm thinking Will's woman wasn't impressed he took his piercings out, I knew I wouldn't have been, "the tattoo covers his chest and I slide a hand to trace the outline. “Where did the piercings go?” I ask, running a finger across his nipple." I ...more
Coco
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!!!

The RR series is one of the best I've read in a long time. Hooked is not even the word to describe it. Will's story was 'Da bomb'. Engaging; CHECK; To die for characters; CHECK, CHECK; Swoon worthy; CHECK; Intriguing plot and events; CHECK. A story you'll read in a day, like I did; DOUBLE CHECK.
Shelley (Bella)
Still not sure how to rate this. After the first Ruby Riot, this was a bit of a letdown. Still, I've now read all of Blue Phoenix and RR, and I'm determined to stick with the series and see if Nate can win me over in book #3. Review to come.

• Ask Me Why
  • Looking to Score
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #5)
  • Red Thorns (Red Thorns Crew #1)
  • Axel (The Devil's Angels MC #2)
  • Savage
  • Team Hate (The Football Boys #1)
  • Last Call
  • Unleashing Sin
  • The Broken Hill High Series: Box Set Books 1-3
  • Wildcat (Mavericks Tackle Love, #1)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • Blood Always
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Breaking Defenses (BSU Football, #1)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK

Ruby Riot (3 books)
  • Cadence (Ruby Riot, #1)
  • Reprise (Ruby Riot, #3)

News & Interviews