Start by marking “Calasade: Sanguinem Isle” as Want to Read:

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Wearing naught—

—teeth chattering—

—trapped in a pit—

—staring at the moon that never seemed to move—

—cowering.

Weeping.

Who were they? What had they done? What did they want with her, a lowly serva?

Who, what, what.

She wished for an end to her unrelenting questions and she wished, too, for escape before...What they wanted came to her like a zigzagged bolt illuminating the sky
Published September 23rd 2015 by Calasade (first published May 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Calasade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calasade

Heather Hakins
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did give a review on amazon for this book. it is something I do not normally read but enjoyed. the plot the twists the ending. I cant give away to much but it did keep my interest. I will be reading more from this author in the future.
ѦѺ™
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (if you want peace, prepare for war)
"Facilis descensus Averni." (the descent into hell is easy)

Caderyn, in need of much coin, agrees to be hired by proconsul Lepidus . he must find Indrasena who was snatched from her bedroom in the middle of the night. Caderyn, together with his motley crew, embarks on a journey to look for the people responsible for the deed and rescue the girl before time runs out.

readers who are familiar with Mark Stone's previous works will welco
Irene
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was given an ARC copy of this book in exchange of an honest review and I’m only sorry that it took me so long to read it (stupid life!).

The first adjective that comes to my mind thinking about this book is different. I am passionate about novels in general and fantasy in particular and I have read many many books, but I’ve never met something like this. This novel is set in Calasade, a Greco Roman Fantasy world. As the author, Mark Stone, says, it has enough in common with Ancient Rome to sou
L.K. Evans
To boil down the plot, it’s about an ex-soldier who is hired to find a kidnapped girl.

The world isn’t anything new nor is it explored. You’ve got a decent enough feel for it, but those craving detailed worlds might find this lacking. For me, it did just fine. I got the system and community enough that I felt grounded.

The story read very quick. There was enough going on that I didn’t have a problem finding the curiosity to continue reading or picking it up again. That’s always a bonus. I wouldn’
Laura Ruetz
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed his book. I was not sure what to expect, and was very pleased with this book. This is a fantasy, about a man on the road for redemption, while being haunted by the mistakes of the past. At first, it took a little to get into, with the language but after the first chapter, I was hooked.

Mark Stone's Greco-Roman fantasy is a very well crafted story with complex characters and a plot that is engaging. The language at times is unfamiliar, but it fits into the story and the overall fe
Kim
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The drink ruins lives: Calasade: Blood Isle by Mark Stone
"Spoiler Alert"
I was given this ARC in exchange for a honest review, I've read from this author before, this was no hardship for me.
Set in the Greco-Roman time, a fantasy with barbarians, swords & sorcery: Caderyn lost his wife to his stupidity of the drink and gambling, he had it all, titles, a great job and a fine place to live with his wife Elianne. Now he was battling demons, always being tested with them and life. Will he win his
Ionut
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sanguinem Isle is a fantasy novel set in a greco-roman like universe. The novel is a bit graphic at turns (sexual content) yet the fast pace of the story compensates if a reader doesn't enjoy that sort of thing. Because of the setting, the author mixes latin words at points, a bit heavy in the first part of the book and moderately after. It was easier for me to understand most of the latin words as I speak a romance language natively. However, english speakers might find the first part of the bo ...more
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

Caderyn Fortis used to be a soldier, but now he’s a gambling addict and an alcoholic, a man haunted by his wife’s murder and his own failings in life. Then an opportunity arrives that might give his self-worth back, that might help him make up for the mistakes he has made. He has to rescue a young woman who got kidnapped, but things aren’t as simply as they seem.

With deep roots in the Greek-Roman societies of old, the
C.p. Bialois
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an unexpected treat. I’ve often thought of a Mystery and Epic Fantasy mix, and this is the first one I’ve come across. The flow of the story is smooth and engaging as we’re moved along at a good pace. It was a cool experience in not only experiencing a new world, but also to see the process of detection Caderyn uses to locate the girl while battling his own demons.

The only issue I had, and this is more of getting used to a new story than not, was the different terms for various items, p
Peter Germany
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book to read and although it's not in a genre that I normally read I found that I enjoyed this one quite a lot. The little bit of a mystery that the protagonist, Caderyn, is hired to solve by Jana. A woman who is mysterious.

The story kicks along at a decent pace, and Caderyn's personal demons really add to the building of the character and the world he is living in.
The story is told pretty much entirely from Caderyn's point of view, but there is a voyage across a
Diane
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
I received this through the Goodreads Giveaway Program. It will be the first book I've read by Mark Stone. I'm impressed with all of the highly rated books he's written.

As I flipped through the book before beginning to read, I was immediately impressed with the illustrations! They definitely peaked my interest.

I just finished this book! It had a plot that was captivating and enthralling. You were pulled into a world you were glad you didn't have to live in! Cruelty and love entwined in horribl
Norma
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised at how easily I fell into the world of Calasade. The main character, though fighting his own demons and being damaged, grabs your heart and your loyalty from the beginning. I found the other characters just as real and capable of stirring an array of emotions in the reader. The story was easy to follow and definitely entertaining. At the end of Blood Isle I was left wanting for more!
Dawn Chapman
May 15, 2015
Tim Reynolds
Jun 06, 2015
Cinta
Apr 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shirley
M C
is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2016
Cinta
Apr 29, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Rotzien
Julia Conway
Abby Lewis
Nancy Jones
  • Rocket Ship
  • Summer's Shadow (Sierra Winters and the Void, #1)
  • Forecast
  • The Thinking (The Landland Chronicles #2)
  • Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • The Jewel of Kamara
  • The Strings of the Violin (The Hadariah Chronicles #1)
  • Amelia, the Venutons and the Golden Cage (Amelia's Amazing Space Adventures #2).
  • Cleanse Fire
  • Micah: The Sword of Malachi
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • The Girl With Red Hair (The Last War Saga Book 1)
  • Empath
  • The Portal and the Panther (Guardians of the Portal, #1)
  • The Thunderstone (The Houses of Storem, #1)
  • Beastly Manor
  • Lunula (Irador Series, #1)
  • Gabby, Angel of God
Mark Stone lives in Costa de Sol with his wife Cinta, his greatest inspiration. Having written award-winning Flash Fiction, he is now a novelist writing tales of Fantasy and Sword & Sorcery based in the Ancient Roman world of Calasade. When not writing, he’s exploring ruins. When not writing or exploring ruins, he’s at the beach.

Keep up with his publications at authormarkstone.com.
More about Mark Stone

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99