Start by marking “Jesse's Diner (Hope, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jesse's Diner (Hope, #2)

Jesse's Diner (Hope #2)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  1,126 Ratings  ·  204 Reviews
Two men with a shared history and a mutual attraction must be honest with themselves and each other so both their dreams come true.

Quiet, unassuming Tanner Sellers spends his time running a diner in Hope, Arizona. Not particularly social, twenty-two-year-old Tanner keeps to himself and enjoys his simple life, but he longs for someone to call his own. In his most secret fan
Published September 29th 2015 by The Romance Authors

To ask other readers questions about Jesse's Diner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse's Diner

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Reading CC is like biting into a warm cookie, wrapping yourself in a robe pulled straight from the dryer, or stepping into a cold movie theater on a hot summer day.

It's FEEL GOOD central.

At 39, Steve is a young widower. He has a 20-year-old son, Mike, he adopted with his much older (recently deceased) partner.

Tanner is 22 and an honest-to-goodness virgin. Tanner is friends with Steve's son and has had a crush on Steve since he was 16 years old.

I loved Steve's attempts at flirting, which
Rosa, really
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

I've got a song stuck in my head.

Except my version goes "You know I wish that I had Jesse's guy! I wish that I had Jessie's guy! Where can I find a fellow like that?"

*clears throat* Anyway.

Tanner is a shy 22 year old virgin who has major crush on muscular 39 year widower Steve Faus (aka Jesse's guy). Steve's son (Tanner's best friend) convinces Tanner to visit Steve to make sure he's doing alright. This quickly leads to smuff. I'm talking about smut and fluff, people, something at which Cardeno
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Honestly....

....I mean it was fine. I could take it or leave it.

I can appreciate the fact that it was low angst, a definite comfort read. It had some good steam.

It wasn't my least favorite Cardeno C read! So there is that.

I think, we just aren't compatible Cardeno C and I.

.Lili.
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo 6aWz3dnVTCM4_zps0oihavvh.gif

Cardeno C and I have not had a smooth relationship. There's no in between- I either love it or I don't. This book, though, made the fluff lover in me soooo happy!

photo 519656_zpscda0de7b.gif

This is a low angst, feel good love story of Steve a 39-year-old widower and Tanner his son's 22-year-old friend. Tanner has always harbored a secret crush on Steve never believing that anything would ever come of it.

What I loved:

*Tanner. He was so sweet, loyal, and lovable. He brought out this protective streak in me and wanted nothin
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

Belens Audio Book Review

Jesse's Diner is a comfort read, perfectly suited to kicking back in front of a roaring fire, or in my case, kicking back on a lounge chair at the pool, and just enjoying a sweet, yet hot, tale of new beginnings and hope for new love.

heart latte

Click here for the book review.

Paul Morey is a comfort narrator for me. I know what I'm going to get with his performances, and I am never disappointed. For Jesse's Diner I thought he perfectly captured the almost innocence of Tanner, as well as Steve's mor
Karla

4.5 Stars! An endearing, tender, touching and inspiring love story!

A charming May/December romance with Cardeno C.'s unique spin on relationships that always starts with friendship and journeys into love!

Tanner's timid nature and naivety made him a genuine character who was utterly charming and adorable. Steve was a loveable bear of a man whose gentle nurturing ways with Tanner captured my heart. There is a significant age difference between Steve and Tanner but in no way was it an issue for me.
Catherine
Not gonna lie, I'm really enjoying this light, smuffy series.

Bring on the Sheriff!
Meep
I started this all buoyed up from listening to Perfect Imperfections, it sounded a cosy little hurt/comfort story but I struggled all the way through. I can see the intended story if I lean back and squint sideways but I'm a confirmed curmudgeon; not one to highlight I ended this with lots of markers, everyone a point where I cringed!

The story starts with them getting to know each other better which was more info-dump than casual conversation, it then jumps ahead so gauchely I checked thinking t
Ele
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

*3.75 stars*

Cardeno C. is my crack. You know, I need it from time to time to keep me going. If you need something uplifting, fluffy, warm and aww inducing, this is the book the author for you.

Despite some niggles I really enjoyed this story. Because :

The "I have a crush on your hot dad" or "I have the hots for my son's best friend" theme is among my favorites.

Delicious age gap. Steve is 39 years old and Tanner is 22.

Comfort-healing theme. Steve is a widower and Tanner is a loner who never fe
Susan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it

Hmmmm…

Well Cardeno C is an auto-buy for me and I pretty much have determined I’m ok with whatever I’m gonna get with this author. Typically it’s sweet. Typically it’s smutty. Typically I like it.

So why read a blurb?

Well, May-December romances aren’t really my favorite. And to make matters worse, the whole DILF-to-lover storyline doesn’t ever really work for me. Maybe it’s because none of my friends had hot parents. And maybe it’s because I never stayed in touch with friends’ parents as an adult.
Jewel
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC of Jesse's Diner generously provided in exchange for an honest review. This review has been cross-posted at Gay Book Reviews

Jesse's Diner was just the low angst sweetness that I have come to know and love from Cardeno C.. This story was the perfect way to spend an afternoon, relaxing. Jesse and Steve were easy to like and their sexytimes were delicious.

Tanner has had a crush on his best friend's dad, Steve, since Tanner was 16. And it was a crush he never outgrew. He feels a bit guilty for i
Susan
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Jesse’s Diner is a low-angst story about a 39 year old widower and a 22 year old shy virgin.

With that description I thought I would be in heaven. But the story didn’t work for me. There were some nice parts, but overall I was bored.

Tanner was cute, awkward and I did like him. Steve was just weird. I’m not sure why I feel that way, but I couldn’t connect with him at all.

The romance was unassuming and I was left feeling a bit empty.

description
Alona
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.8 stars.

That was a sweet and lovely.

First I want to say that the dedication at the end of the book left me with tears.
This was a tiny little story that touched me so deeply. I have no idea what it is about, but it was amazing!

Back to the main story-

I loved how shy and clueless Tanner was:

""I like that about you... That you don't pretend to be someone you're not."
"It'd be pointless... I can barely figure out what I'm suppose to do as me, adding a pretend person to the mix would be impossible."

O
V
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was very lovely, sweet, a little bit short but it was still nice.
However, I could not possible rate this story higher because I have an issue by the way Steve's illness was handle. Not even the big age gap was such a concern for me as this was ...
(view spoiler)
Kazza
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sweet, contemporary
Giveaway at OTDU Book Reviews from 2nd - 5th of October. Come check it out and leave a comment.

description

While Jesse’s Diner is somewhat sexy, it’s not particularly steamy. It isn’t angsty. It isn’t dramatic. There’s no big alpha hero or really over-sexed twink. What Jesse’s Diner is, is humorous, light-hearted and sweet, with some social commentary. Tanner, the primary voice, is guileless. I like guileless. He’s not a complex character – he’s accepting of his life, he likes his own company, is socially a
Kristan
3.5 *I want to visit Hope* stars

I want to sit in Jesse's diner, order pie, and read the books the receipts come in, to see what the people before me have written.

Actual books, people! I might never leave.

Tanner owns Jesse's diner. He's a twenty-two year old virgin, who keeps to himself, keeps himself busy, and tries not to drool too much when his crush, Steve, comes into the diner from time to time.

It's not so much the fact that Steve is his best friend's father that keeps him from making a move
Candice
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, m-m
I was kind of hoping for more from this one. The blurb sounded delicious, but it was just meh, in my opinion.

I loved Tanner though. He's so clueless, it's cute. I didn't find it annoying at all. He just didn't understand people and they just had to be blunt and straightforward for him to understand. Yeah, I just adored Tanner.

I did think Mike was annoying though. How Tanner could stand him was beyond me.

Steve was a weird one for me to understand. So did he always have romantic feelings for Tan
Nic
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, series
Loved the age difference, loved the tackling of a relationship after losing a long term partner, loved Tanner's inexperience, loved Steve's handling of Tanner. Lots to love. :)
Ellen at Book Bellas
JESSE'S DINER is another sweetly sexy, romantic and swoon-y story from one of my favorite authors! Cardeno C. is my go-to author when I want a feel-good, sweet but very sexy romance. Jesse's Diner fits the bill and although it is a novella in the Hope series, you don't need to have read book #1 first to become involved in the story of Steve and Tanner.

Steve has become a widower at the ripe "old" age of 39 (although for me, that is young!) He and his partner had adopted Mike, whose best friend Ta
Keveen
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
3 STARS

It was an okay read. Fluffy and cute just how I like it. Although some things about this book bothered me a little like how the relationship happened. I mean it wasn't that believable although they did make Jesse look and sound like a saint.

Overall, it was a nice read.
Daphne
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2017-books
Loved this one. Also short like the first one in the series but it felt fully developed.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
reread 1/11/2017

********original review 12/23/2015*********

I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again. Cardeno C. and Paul Morey equal a match made in romance heaven. This was a very sweet, no angst story that the added addition of Paul Morey made really nice.
Ije the Devourer of Books
I thought this was a sweet story but I was bored. The one thing I did like is the way the story shows a person living with HIV. It was very up to date and affirming. I also like the characters but as a whole the story just felt as if not much happened.
Maria
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A shot of happy. Comforting and soothing. I wish it were longer. A fine novella just the way it is. The Dedication was lovely.
Cadiva
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story about second loves and plotting from beyond the grave

I loved the whole set up with this one, how the connection had always been there but under the surface without either man ever really thinking of it as a possibility.

But once it did become something tangible, the sweet way they fell in love and the background plotting which went on and is revealed later makes wonderful sense.

One thing I would have liked is to have had a catch up with Jared and Lucas from book one, there is a throwa
Ann
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Len Evans Jr
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tanner has got to be just about the sweetest most adorable man ever. His and Steve's story is so very well crafted that I was totally enthralled, so much so at one point I had to run to the bathroom to pee cuz I was so into the story that I didn't realized I had to go until I really HAD to go! Even tho this story was just over 100 pages... it felt like a lifetime (in the very best way possible). The author made every single sentence count and managed to bring it all to completion in a most satis ...more
Carra
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cardeno C. has quickly become one of my favorite M/M romance authors. Jesse's Diner is the perfect example of why this is so. Even though this is a relatively quick read, it packs a good, full story and a nice bit of emotion into its pages. And let's not forget the wonderful characters, who really are the ones that make this story what it is.

Tanner is fantastic. I liked listening in to his thoughts, and loved seeing how he basically laid himself bare to Steve in his conversations, it really show
Macky
3.5

Jesse's Diner is pure Cardeno goodness with a dash of CC hot sauce! A sweet but still spicy love story that might not get the adrenaline pumping in terms of edge of your seat excitement...but then it's not always about that is it? Sometimes you just want to unwind with something uncomplicated and I'd say Tanner and Steve's warmhearted romance is the perfect recipe for soothing the sresses of the day.

Twenty two year old virgin,Tanner, is an unassuming sweetie, and all man Steve, recent wido
Around the Year i...: Jesse's Diner, by Cardeno C. 1 11 Jan 03, 2016 09:55PM
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • Trial by Fire
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Te quiero
  • Undercover Boyfriend (One Fine Day, #1)
  • Blowing Off Steam
  • Double Up (Lake Lovelace, #1)
  • Eight Inches to Make Johnny Smile
  • Lighting the Way Home (Delectable, #2)
  • Big Love
  • Fire and Ice (Carlisle Cops, #2)
  • fawn
  • Winter Ball (Winter Ball #1)
  • Quiet Nights (Mangrove Stories, #2)
  • Rain Shadow (Bluewater Bay, #10)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Imperfect Harmony
4620386
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more
More about Cardeno C....

Hope (3 books)
  • McFarland's Farm (Hope, #1)
  • Smitty's Sheriff (Hope, #3)