Start by marking “Marriage, A Journey and A Dog” as Want to Read:
Marriage, A Journey and A Dog

Read Book

Marriage, A Journey and A Dog

South of England 2004

Natalie leaves her home comfort zone to collect her sport obsessed husband from a French hospital after an accident. With poor navigation skills her adventures begin.

Natalie is alone in Paris, apart from her small dog and goes to see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. They make her think about being a woman and the lack of passion in her marriage. Her
ebook, 1, 309 pages
Published September 1st 2015 by Matador (first published May 27th 2014)

Start your review of Marriage, A Journey and A Dog
Kasey Riley
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Change...

Life is all about changes and this story takes the reader through a multitude of major changes in every aspect of her life. It was easy to feel with the characters as they experience the outside forces which influence the changes. Good job.
Maxime
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
A lonely marriage, an incredible journey and a small dog. Natalie's sport-obsessed husband, Gerry, has a cycling accident in France. In her old Fiat, and with her little dog, Spike, she leaves her sleepy market town in the South of England, for France.
I really enjoyed this book a light easy read that took me a day held my attention and had all the right ingredients for a Chick Lit book!! Recommend (P.S) will make you want to
Marcia Martins
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Garry and Natalia live in Eastleight, a town in South of England with their teenage daughter. Natalie has always relied on Garry and she has never got out of her comfortable world. But her life is about to change as she has to drive alone to France. Garry loves sport. He had an accident while he was cycling in France and Natalie has to pick him up in a hospital in Rouen. Natalie cannot read maps. She gets lost and ended up in Paris. She discovered a new world. During her journey she made some ...more
Smitha
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Natalie's life for the last 18 years has revolved around her husband, eighteen year old daughter and her father. When husband Gerry gets injured in a cycling accident in France it is upto her to drive to France. Natalie is rubbish at navigating, and this being before the days of sat nav is totally reliant on her map reading skills to reach where needs to get to. Natalie sets off with her little dog and ends up in an unforgettable adventure around Europe which has her questioning her life, her ...more
westernway
After what seems a lifetime of spending all her thoughts and time and energy on her marriage and her family, Natalie is given some unexpected ‘me time’ when her husband is injured whilst on a cycling holiday in France, and she is tasked with driving (in pre sat nav days) to France to pick him up. This is a journey in more ways than one for Natalie, who begins to question her life and marriage whilst travelling to rescue her stricken husband. I loved the colourful characters she met along the way ...more
Susan Duthie
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is a really good, well written, fantastic story. Natalie has been married to Gerry for 18 years, they have a teenage daughter Katie. Natalie's life is pretty average, she has a part time job as a bingo caller, a dog named Spike and two best friends. Greg cycles mostly in France, as a hobby. Natalie needs to go to France and collect him as he has a broken leg and bike. She takes her dog and gets lost on the roads in France. This is her time to live and she slowly realises that her life is ...more
Karen Forsyth
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marriage,A Journey and a dog by Brenda H. Sedgwick, is a fun journey of a woman, as she travel's through Spain , encountering new friends, adventures , while discovering her own identity and feelings in her own relationship.
This book is fun to read and leads the reader into an adventure that is romantic, full of surprise friendships , and discovery into what is important in life when it comes to relationships.
I won this book through Goodreads.
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review
Aurore Boréale
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I normally steer clear of romance, but this story is gripping. I was quickly drawn into some tangled relationships, and worried if the character would get out of her misery, or a kind of passive existence, and if her adventure and dreams would be short-lived.

This novel goes beyond romance and provokes you some emotions such as love, loss, shame and guilt.

I think a novel that gives you pleasure, while challenging your status quo and disturbing you at the same time, is a success.
Allison
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway.

A wonderful story about a woman travelling in France with her dog, trying to find her way in life. It was a very entertaining read and I would recommend to anyone looking for a chick lit novel.
Kathleen Gray
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sigh. thanks NETGALLEY for the ARC and for reminding me how much I enjoy Europe. THis was a pleasurable read- no heavy lifting.
Betty
Clare
Sandra Beck
Emiley Allen Bowes
Jan 24, 2016
Romance Readers R...: General fiction. Travel, love lost and found. 1 8 Oct 17, 2016 12:51AM
I like stories of people who consider themselves ordinary and who become extraordinary. The kind of people who have little self confidence and find a self worth of dreams.

This is reflected in my work with students with mental health issues, prisoners, homeless people and those who find writing helpful. Finding your own strengths is a theme in my novels.

I have written examinations for Creative
“I am always doing what I thought I couldn't do because I Thought I might learn something.
Henri Marcel French Artist”
0 likes