Start by marking “The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)

The Vanishing Throne

(The Falconer #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  4,283 Ratings  ·  661 Reviews
Everything she loved is gone.

Trapped. Aileana Kameron, the Falconer, disappeared through the fae portal she was trying to close forever. Now she wakes in an alien world of mirrors, magic, and deception—a prisoner of the evil fae Lonnrach, who has a desperate and deadly plan for his new captive.

Tortured. Time after agonizing time Lonnrach steals Aileana’s memories, searchin
Published June 21st 2016 by Chronicle Books (first published November 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Vanishing Throne, please sign up.
Elizabeth May November 19 is actually the UK release date. The US release is currently planned for May 2016, though subject to change (as these things do).

Katerina
And that's how a magnificent sequel is done!

“Death is her burden. Wherever she goes, it follows. I'm the girl whose gift is chaos.”

Edinburgh is gone.
The fae left nothing but blood and ashes because Aileana did not stop them. Because she failed. Now she is trapped and tortured by Lonnrach, losing pieces of herself as days, weeks, months pass by. When she finally escapes with the help of Kiaran's sister, she realizes that the war is far from over. Lonnrach is searching for the most powerful k
Elizabeth May
Jul 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm leaving this "review" here to more easily answer reader questions (alternatively, you're welcome to visit my GR profile and send me an ask there) and to talk a little about The Vanishing Throne. The images here are ones I collected that fit certain scenes from the book (some of you might recognize them as curious ones that have been sitting for years on my Pinterest page).

The Squire by Eve Ventrue

Some of the scenes in The Vanishing Throne have been in my mind since I first conceived of The F
Sana
i am dead to the point where i dont even know what to say and what the bellwjbdwiwsswjbswknxw i dont even know whata to say i just....goodbye i cant do this anymore

i hate this book more than i hate myself, literally burn book I HATE YOU SO MUCH DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

i hate everythingin this world *SCREAMS REALLY LOUD FOR TEN HOURS STRAIGHT*
Navessa
Jan 16, 2016 marked it as side-eye

*soon*
Pamela J. (Fantasy Book Nook)
The Falconer is one of my favorite series, yet I haven’t recommended to others until now. That’s because book 1, The Falconer, had such an abrupt cliffhanger it would have been cruel to get others emotionally invested. However, now that The Vanishing Throne is officially out, it’s time to sing my praises for this series and author.

A Vanishing Throne picks up a few months after the aforementioned abrupt ending of The Falconer. For those who have read it, you know that Aileana failed to close the
Tweebs♥️ (semi-hiatus)
✓ what the fuck
✓ oh no no no
✓ didn't sign up for that
✓ didn't need it in my life
✓ but i'd re-read it
✓ and most likely complain again
✓ legit gonna be a repetitive cycle: read, cry, complain.
✓ but my heart felt like it was shredded into tiny little smol pieces by a Tasmanian Devil
✓ someone call the hospital because i require medical assistance
✓ i swear "feels" should be an official disease
✓ hi, my name is tweebs, and I've been diagnosed with feels since i was a child
✓ symptoms are : screa
Khurram
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book much more then the first book. It is a dark mix between survivors guilt, anger and revelations. I think it has the right mix of action and story. Though I would like to say I would have liked a bit more action but I understand why it was more focused on the story and revelations. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it is a bit slow, and a bit too much repetition.

In this book we learn the origins of most of the characters as well as the fae race themselves. Ev
Wendy Higgins
I'm in awe right now.

You know when you're so deep in a story that you can feel all the things the character feels, and when she's fighting and strong, you feel like you can take on the world too? It's impossible not to fall into this story and feel all the things.

I loved THE FALCONER, but its sequel is even more amazing. It has everything that I could possibly want in a story - romance, adventure, a high-stakes plot fraught with danger, fantasy, did I mention the romance? And now I'm left starvi
Fables&Wren
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

You know what really upsets me? When only the first book in the series is an audio-book and you can’t even get a physical copy because all the libraries around you only have the digital copy. Like, what type of BS is that?

The audio-book for the first one was so incredibly great that I was so pumped to get back into this world but then there was no audio-book. That’s called trickery and I’m not happy about it.

Ugh. I’m never going to get over this. I’m moving on.

So the reason my
Nasom
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, this book was kinda boring so I skim-read the last section and read spoiler reviews to fill in the gaps lmfao.

RTC maybe
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
THAT ENDING. Wowza. I'm torn between 3-4 stars because I have so many mixed feelings. 3.5 stars then?

Okay, let's see if I can function enough to write a semi coherent review. (Minor spoilers, big ones are marked.)

Basically this picks up immediately after the brutal cliffhanger of book 1. The beginning had a super strong start - but after that, the plot seemed to suffer from the ever-famous middle book syndrome. I didn't expect to give this more than 3 stars - which totally sucked because I LOVE
Booknut
Jul 29, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another book = more Kiarin!
 photo game-of-thrones-gif_zpsff2e06a8.gif
Nastassja

Actual rating: 4.5

Before I start I need to warm you that this review will consist of sheer naked feels. I just finished reading and don't think I will be able to compose coherent thoughts any time soon. So brace yourself for my fan-girling or don't brace yourself and leave this page and shut the door behind you. Your chose.

This book.... it carved my heart from my chest and took it to distant land called Sìth-bhrùth (shee-brooth). There, my heart will travel from The Seelie Court to The Uns

Giovanna
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75

Uhm. I don't know what to think. On one hand this was much better than book one, especially plot wise, on the other hand I don't think that May has really evolved has a writer, because The Vanishing Throne has the same flaws The Falconer had.

> There's no ending. It's one thing to write a cliffhanger, but ending the book like your computer suddenly broke down the last day of your deadline is another matter. Rushed endings are not the best thing ever, but rushed cliffhangers are an absolute
Beatrice in Bookland
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
“Perhaps he’s my curse. Perhaps I’m his weakness. Together we left the world in ruins.”

Dear Elizabeth,

I have a question: what am I supposed to do with my life now?

With love (just kidding, I'm hating you with a passion right now, WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT),

Beatrice
Natalie Monroe

"I've been waiting for more than three years," he murmurs.

"For what?" What's he doing?

"For the girl whose gift is chaos... Death is her burden. Wherever she goes, it follows. They say she can either save the world or end it."

I was so sure I'd hate the post-apocalyptic twist The Vanishing Throne dives down, but I didn't.

Refresher course for those who don't remember the end of The Falconer: Aileana failed to prevent the faery prison from breaking, all hell breaks loose, and in the b
Katerina Kondrenko
9 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Pati Yang – Soul For Me
Traditional Scottish Music - The Cuckoo in the Grove
Snow Ghosts – Lost At Sea

Genre: historical-fantasy, steampunk, YA
Stuff: Fae, apocalypse, war with humans
Fail: first 30%, I think, were a bit slow
WOW: Fae-history, emotional part, action
POV: 1st-
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
*4.5/5 stars*

Cliffhanger number 2. Is the author trying to kill me or what??

P.S. This was so much better than book one!
Bright Star
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
Re-read on August 2018

"Why did you choose me?"
"Because you challenge me," he tells me. And then we're not dancing anymore. We're standing pressed together, our hands entwined. "I chose you because you're my equal."

----------------------- ❤

ELIZABETH, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE FINAL BOOK?!?!? DAMNED CLIFFHANGER!!

All right, I try to calm down but it's too hard... if I thought about the end... aaaaaargh!! *swearsinternally*

*takesdeepbreaths*

What I was saying? Ah yes... thi
Daiane
Reread it to continue this fabulous series. I'm seriously in love with all the world Elizabeth created based on Scottish and Celtic folklore.

Stacee
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yeah. This was amazing.

I love this cast of characters. Aileana is even more of a BAMF and Kiaran is broody and Derrick is delightful. I am mildly afraid of them, but still want to be friends.

The story in this book takes off from the beginning and doesn't let go. It's filled with twists and turns and swoons and laughs and heartbreak. Oh, and one crazy ending.

I've never been so excited to have the last book.

**Huge thanks to Chronicle Books and Edelweiss for providing the arc free of charge**
Jessireads
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
” You want to know what you mean to me, Kam? “
His lips trail down the curve of my neck.
“ Every day I wonder when your human life will end, and it scares the hell out of me. “
His words are hot on my skin.
“ You make me wish I didn’t have forever. “

NOPE. I’M NOT CRYING. YOU ARE.
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

When I found out The Vanishing Throne was up on NetGalley, I was ready to scream in the middle of a lecture. When I got the email that I'd been approved, I honestly could not concentrate. Even with me having an essay and presentation due asap, I started this book as soon as I downloaded it on my iPad.

The Vanishing Throne starts immediately after the awful cliffhanger of The Falconer. Aileana is
Callie (BeverageandBook)
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018

That ending. I’m not okay guys. I’ll be back to write a review when I can deal with my emotions.
Gabry
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5!
Un bellissimo sequel pieno di azione, plot-twist e scene che aspettavo fin dal primo libro!
Davvero una storia ben elaborata, piena di magia e creature fantastiche ispirate alla mitologia scozzese. Amo tutti i personaggi, in particolar modo quelli femminili, che tengono testa agli uomini (mortali o fate che siano).
Ora mi butto nell’ultimo libro!
Gelisvb
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first one!
Ashlee » Library In The Country
I am NOT. OKAY.
Jaime Arkin
I distinctly remember grabbing The Falconer off my shelf on my way to BEA in 2014 and becoming so engrossed in it that I didn’t care about our delays, and I refused to leave the hotel room until I turned the last page because the story was absolutely amazing. The Vanishing Throne quickly became the book highest on my ‘OMG I must have it list!’

Let me just tell you that this second book was well worth the two years it took to arrive in my hands!

If you read The Falconer, you know how it ended… Ai
Beth
Bloody Brilliant from cover to cover, The Vanishing Throne the sequel to The Falconer blew me away.

This story is darker than the first. The trapped fae have been unleashed on the world, destroying all that remains.

Aileana has faced extensive torture, at Lonnrach’s hands, only to be saved by someone that can truly understand her broken mind. Someone that has played a pivotal role from the start but we are just getting to meet.

Aileana must reach deep inside herself to discover a way to save both
majo
The vanishing throne was a hell of a book. I enjoyed it more than the first one. I loved how we get to see Kiaran's past in this one (HE HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH, SOMEONE GIVE HIM A HAPPY ENDING, PLEASE) . And Kam and Kiaran romance was p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Can we talk about that scene where they were dancing in front of everyone without music??? because my heart. *sigh* I need someone to do fanart about this couple.

I also wanted to talk about Derrick, because he's one of the best characters in this serie
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Right of First Refusal (Radleigh University, #2)
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Hidden Huntress (The Malediction Trilogy, #2)
  • Footfree & Fancyloose (Bass Ackwards and Belly Up, #2)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • Hot as Hades
  • Silver Eve (Guardians of Tarnec, #2)
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • Maid of Wonder (Maids of Honor, #3)
  • The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • When I Wake
Elizabeth May is the author of the YA fantasy trilogy The Falconer (The Falconer, The Vanishing Throne, The Fallen Kingdom), and short fiction published in the anthology Toil & Trouble. She was born and raised in California before moving to Scotland, where she earned her PhD at the University of St Andrews. She currently resides in Edinburgh, Scotland, with her husband and two cats.

Elizabeth M

The Falconer (3 books)
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
“You want to know what you mean to me, Kam?’ His lips trail down the curve of my neck.‘Every day I wonder when your human life will end, and it scares the hell out of me. ’ His words are hot on my skin. ‘You make me wish I didn’t have forever.” 30 likes
“I’m not a creature of vengeance any more. I’m not just the girl whose gift is chaos. I’m the girl who endured.” 27 likes