Start by marking “The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit” as Want to Read:
The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit

The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit

"Sacred bathing brings the ancient tradition of meditation and prayer into the modern day ritual practice of a home bath, so that you can connect to Spirit daily and purify your energy."--Dr. Larry Dossey, author of One Mind and The Science of Premonitions

Immerse Yourself in Healing Waters for Relaxation, Clarity, and Wholeness

Gain inspiration and rejuvenation through the
Published August 8th 2016 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Sacred Baths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Sacred Baths

Start your review of The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit
Julie Sharp
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like a bath?

Then this is a must read. The author has combined healing, meditation, spirituality and wellbeing into the space of an hour's bathing.

I can't recommend this highly enough. Reclaim your inner peace and make a sacred space in your life with a few simple tools, this time next year you'll be glad you did.
Juli Anna
Aug 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spirit
I regularly incorporate baths into my spiritual and self-care practices, and I was excited to get ideas from this book to freshen up my routine. Ugh, what a disappointment! First of all, it really rubs me the wrong way when "spiritual" or new-agey writers try to back up their beliefs with science; you just can't, and even trying makes it worse. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FORMING SPIRITUAL BELIEFS OUTSIDE OF SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. It would be less awkward if writers like Sherman would just embrace ...more
Theresa Girolami
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a society, we want BIGGER, BETTER and FASTER and then suffer the results. Here in lies the answer, with a fun, useful read. If you are stressed, overworked, work within a negative environment you might want to have a look at a few of these baths. I did and am healthier for it.
Rebekah Hall
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had such high hopes for this!

If you're into calling special angels to your bathtub, spending a ridiculous amount of money on essential oils (don't expect just having 5-10 favorite oils to cut it.) and candles, and pseudo-science this is a book for you.

I really hate that I wasted money on this book and can't believe this woman has a phd. Basically she made up a bunch of spells you can do over your tub, anyone can do that.

Pretty awful
Jeccavee
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of baths in general. I use them medicinally to help relieve pain and anxiety, and I use them in a ritual context as either preparation for spiritual work or as a ritual unto themselves. So, you can probably guess that I was pretty stoked to be asked to review The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit!

The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit is a sort of practical guide blended with a recipe book– it tells you the reasoning
Juli
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Dr. Sherman EXPLAINS the process to her readers, dipping into the history and culture of this practice over centuries and around the world. She also gives excellent instruction on why these processes are involved: meditation, preparing the space, setting up your bath area with ritual intention, and even journaling about your experiences afterward.

That’s my favorite part. I’m a strong advocate for journaling and the fact that she mentions and encourages that made me giddy with delight in talking
Sandy Mclaughlin-rodriguez
Oct 03, 2018
Laxman & Cherish
Dec 29, 2017
elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2019
Aug 20, 2019
Sam
Nov 22, 2019
Paulette Sherman
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• Moon Spells: How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want
  • A Handbook for Wiccan Clergy
  • The Witch's Book of Self-Care: Magical Ways to Pamper, Soothe, and Care for Your Body and Spirit
  • Practical Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols for Success
  • The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft: Shadows, Spirits and the Healing Journey (Temple of Witchcraft, #3)
  • The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
  • Laurie Cabot's Book of Shadows
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • The Dragon of Trelian (Trelian, #1)
  • The Kybalion
  • The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More
  • The House Witch: Your Complete Guide to Creating a Magical Space with Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home
  • Steles of the Sky (Eternal Sky, #3)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Llewellyn's 2019 Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac
  • Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman is a licensed psychologist / relationship coach, specializing in singles and couples therapy and coaching. She is the host of, 'The Love Psychologist' podcast.

Paulette is the author of, 'Dating From the Inside Out' published by Simon & Schuster, The Book of Sacred Baths, published by Llewellyn and 24 others. Her books have been published in 7 languages. Paulette loves