Start by marking “Christmas in the City” as Want to Read:

Christmas in the City

Fourteen newly written stories by fifteen Authors in the City authors. This anthology will benefit a children's hospital in the Florida area where the 2016 Authors in the City book signing will be held. Authors in the City is hosted by Stephanie's Book Reports.

Waiting for Midnight - Samantha Chase

Maddie’s wishing for a little holiday magic with her
Published November 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in the City

Theresa Natole
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fifteen different authors, same season but totally different stories. Although they all focused on LOVE each had a different story to tell. Each was special in their own way. Love can come into your life even if you are never looking for it. You can think that once it was lost it will never be found. But if it was meant to be love will find a way. Add the miracle of THE CHRISTMAS season and you have 15 amazing stories.
Carla
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of this anthology as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars for Christmas in the City! This is a collection of 14 never been read stories by some of today's best selling authors. All proceeds from this anthology will go to a children's hospital in the greater Orlando area.

One Hot Christmas by AD Justice
This enjoyable short read is about the famous rock band, Jagger York. In this story, we read about the swee
Toni
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is a gift. If you love Christmas stories, this is for you! If you don't love Christmas stories (like me), this book is still for you. Several great authors come together to give you a range of short stories that will keep you engaged throughout. Bonus on this is that with some great reading material your purchase also helps kids in need. Very Awesome!
***Cheryl***
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
These novella's really put me a Christmas mood this week.

Each short story has a Christmas theme about love but with a bit of a spin. I have read some of the authors work before but I was also new to some of the authors. I'm not going to review each story but I can tell you that I loved each of them. There was stories of enemies to lovers (SM Donaldson), a rocker star story (AD Justice) and plenty of holiday romances ( secret crushes and second chances) . Each story is unique in their own way. S
Caroline F
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.**

Overall, a lovely collection of stories. Some I loved more than others. My favourites were:

Holiday With Holli – SM Donaldson

An enemies-to-lovers tale. Zack was a bit of a bully to Holli when they were in high school. Now, years later, Holli is home from college for the holidays. However, as with many past Christmases, Holli is not spending it with her parents as they have gone off to spend Christmas elsewhere. She take
Kendra Needs
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review..

Christmas in the City was a book filled with novellas of couples at christmas time, what better time of year is there. Each novella is by a different author, each book is unique in its own way and each will capture your heart and remind you what a loving time the holidays are.

Some of the novellas in this book are a little racier than others, and some are just truly romantic. The other amazing thing about a few of the n
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Stay Awhile- Gia Riley
Patricia Blevins
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Waiting for Midnight

We have Maddie and Noah one who has never really had a Christmas because of no family and the other who has quit celebrating Christmas because of family issues. Will these two be able to bring the life back into Chriatmas and one finally has someone to kiss at Midnight on New Years?

White Christmas

This novella is about Lisa who was adopted and set out to find out who he biological parents are. Lisa find April and Erik? Will Lisa be able
Veronica LaRoche
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

My review is for Nick by AM Madden

I absolutely loved reading this story. Once I started reading I couldn't put my kindle down. Nick and Angela has this connection that I can't wait to see where it goes. I loved all the characters, Jase and Eve were hilarious and I can't wait to read of Nick & Angela

One Hot Christmas by AD Justice
I love reading more of Jagger and Mali and al the guys. The pranks they pull I was laughing to wh
Kim
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Miranda thinks that after a breakup that she will have to spend the holidays alone....which she doesn't mind since she will be with family a few days after but when she has car trouble while looking at holiday lights....could a tow truck driver be the answers to her prayers ??

Glenn just wants to get through the holidays without answering another question about his future ... After graduating Penn State and moving home Miranda might just be the distraction he needs.....

Thi
Isha Coleman
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Christmas in the City is a labor of love. It celebrates many types. From secret crushes to matchmaking children. From second chances to new found romances. From the sexy and sweet to heartbreaking. There is something for every reader. This anthology has it all. For me it was hard to pick one story because so many great authors were involved. I would describe Christmas in the City as a smorgasbord for the senses. With all the variety, who needs to chose. I received an ARC in exchange for an hones ...more
Renee
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Star Review

I received a copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Christmas In The City is a fifteen author, fourteen brand new stories anthology benefiting a children's hospital in the Orlando area with the proceeds from the book. I'm so honored I got to read an arc of his amazing anthology and fell in love with so many things about all of it. It takes a pretty special group of people to donate all their time effort and talents to ben
Vera  Green
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Received a ARC for an honest review.

Fifteen talented authors coming together for a worthy cause. If you love Christmas and the magic that comes with it, you will love each one of these stories. Each story is different but the theme is the same LOVE. Like the song says: it's the most wonderful time of the year.
I highly recommend this book by these amazing authors. These stories will warm your heart.
Jennifer Hanson
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**Stay Awhile by Gia Riley.**

This is such a sweet "second chance" love story. I fell in love with Garrett. What a sweet, caring man. No wonder he became a doctor. I was cheering for him the whole time.

Gia writes so well that I could picture the scenes in my mind as well as the characters. She broke my heart when you find out what happened to such a sweet little girl.
Shelly
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Each story was well written and lets you wanting more. It has loss, love, heartbreak and happily ever after. It's also for a good cause. You will find some amazing authors you already know and meet knew ones that you will love. A must read in my opinion.
Dottie
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review: Christmas in the City by Samantha Chase
(An anthology including works by Samantha Chase, AJ Harmon, S.M. Donaldson, A.D. Justice, A.M. Madden, Taryn Plendl, Mariah Dietz, Gia Riley, Shari J. Ryan, Ellie Keys, Christina Benjamin, Misha Elliott, Sidonia Rose, Elizabeth Hayes, and Ashley Taylor – written as a fund-raiser with sales from this book being donated to a Children’s Miracle Network / Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital in Florida!
4 stars
1. Waiting for Midnight by Sa
Kat
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** Gifted in exchange for my free and honest review***

Star Rating will likely change slightly but it gets a 4 star from me as the first 2 stories - a great start to get you into the Holiday spirit.

So...CHRISTMAS!!!! My Favourite time of the year - so I didn't turn down the offer of a copy of this anthology to review, but being I am swamped with a TBR pile with deadlines I will update this review as I read each story.

I am "treating myself" with a story after e
Eboné
Repairing Christmas by Sidonia Rose

**ARC received in Exchange for an Honest Review**

Miranda aka Randi has just gotten her heart broken, is spending Christmas alone, and her car breaks down. Now anyone can tell you that when I care breaks down in a book (movie or TV show) it can either go bad…like The Walking Dead bad or good like magnetic electric love sparks good. Sparks…you like that double innuendo don’t cha ;-)

Well let’s be glad that her car broke down and she was he
Sjf
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I had the pleasure of reading STAY AWHILE by GIA RILEY. This short story is so exceptional that I really want and truly hope that the author writes a full book with more of Megan, Laney and Garrett's story.
The short story begins with Megan, who is married to her high school sweetheart, being shocked and heart broken over tragedy. Her husband is not such a sweetheart and the secrets he keeps are enough to tear her and their daughter, Laney, lives apart.
When tragedy strikes and Laney nee
Regina
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got the honor of reading Repairing Christmas for a honest review so with no spoilers here goes. This is not my first time to read S. Rose she has always had wonderful stories and once again this was not disappionting. Miranda has stayed at college during Chritmas and trying to make her own traditions leds her down a road to an unexpected present. Short but oh so sweet. This whole book is to raise money for a children's hospit and that alone is best reason to get. Several authors took time out ...more
Beth Olson
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review. Christmas in the City has fourteen Christmas Novellas with FIFTEEN talented authors. Each story resolves the festive holiday season. But the main subject of each story is LOVE. And becoming a fixture in someone's life. And a few of the stories had me laughing hard. I absolutely loved reading this box set. Definitely will get you excited for Christmas Holiday. Highly recommend this set. And with a major plus, all these authors are benefiting a great cause.
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in the City is fifteen amazing authors with fourteen awesome novellas. This box set is perfect for The Christmas season. It is all about love stories, but one is different from the last. I would recommend this to anyone looking for Christmas magic and helping kids.

I was given an ARC of this collection, for my honest review.
Maree Repa
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I so loved reading these most wonderful Christmas stories. I enjoyed this all so much. So many beautiful romantic stories to enjoy. I had such a wonderful day reading then all. I just couldn't put the book down even once! Thank you Samantha Chase I just so enjoyed this book!!
Ella
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christmas in the City
An anthology including works by Samantha Chase, AJ Harmon, S.M. Donaldson, A.D. Justice, A.M. Madden, Taryn Plendl, Mariah Dietz, Gia Riley, Shari J. Ryan, Ellie Keys, Christina Benjamin, Misha Elliott, Sidonia Rose, Elizabeth Hayes, and Ashley Taylor. This was written as a fund-raiser with sales from this book being donated to a Children’s Miracle Network/Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital in Florida!

~Waiting for Midnight~ Samantha Chase
Maddie’s loves
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Fifteen stories centered around Christmas time will surely make you feel the Holiday cheer. Every story is well written, making this anthology such an enjoyable read.

Each short story highlights love and the idea that we can find it where and when we least expect it or how working for it will bring you huge rewards. These authors give something for everyone; second chances, new loves, secret crushes and the gamut of feelings from sweet to sexy to heartbreaking and more.

Some of the on
Jenni Crawford
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. I stayed up all night reading these novellas from all these great authors in the Indie World. Adding Christmas in the mix and you have one great anthology. Everything from second chances to HEA's, this book has it all. If you aren't in the Christmas mood yet, you surely will be after reading these. You have sexy to romance, high school crushes to rock stars. This book is seriously a one stop shop for all your reading n ...more
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading these wonderful Christmas Novella's and was introduced to some authors I haven't read before but what is great about this release is that the proceeds are being donated to the Children's Hospital in Florida.

Christmas in the City is filled with love and what better time is there, we'd all love our own magical Christmas. Each of these novella's is by a different author some characters you may have already met (Jagger York by A.D Justice) and some we
Tanya Turner/ Sugar Shack Book Blog
I had the opportunity to read Stay Awhile by Gia Riley. WOW I absolutely loved Megan and Garrett's story. From the first page Gia had me hooked. This is a story of tragedy, hope and second chances. When Megan's world flips upside down, and she can barely hold it together in walks Garrett. Oh my he had me swooning. Will Megan let him in and accept his help? You will have to read to find out. I adored these characters and pray Gia gives us more. I look forward to what comes next for them. This was ...more
Erika
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in the City is festive anthology of Christmas Novellas that can't help but make you smile and feel jolly! All 15 authors brought remarkable spirit to their stories, and a personal favorite author of mine, Samantha Chase, gave me lots to glimmer and shimmer about in Waiting For Midnight! Lots of longing and emotions and Christmas trees and love fill these pages! Spend some time with this holiday cheer Christmas magic today!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shifter Wonderland Anthology
  • Unwrapping Love
  • Christmas at the Dancing Duck
  • Pleasured By The Viking (MacEgan Brothers, #6.5)
  • The Rock Star Next Door
  • Anja's Star (Outer Settlement Agency, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Accidentally Hooked (The Naked Truth, #1)
  • Last Christmas
  • To Capture A Highlander's Heart: The Beginning
  • All He Wants for Christmas (The Rapture, #3; Spurs and Stripes, #2; Against All Odds, #3; O'Connor Family, #1; Rough Riders Hockey, #1; Holly NC, #1-6 & 7)
  • The Turning Point
  • F*cking Awkward Holidays
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • The Hunger (Rogues of Scotland, #2)
  • A Pirate for Christmas
  • Cowboys For Christmas: A Holly Hills Anthology
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan's Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40's to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and ...more