Start by marking “Wrapped in Red (Martha's Way, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Wrapped in Red (Martha's Way, #3.5)

Wrapped in Red (Martha's Way #3.5)

Christmas is a time to be merry and bright. For Minka Montgomery, it’s anything but.

While Martha’s Vineyard bursts with festive lights and good cheer, a black shadow parades around and within Minka. With her Christmas spirit conspicuously absent, her marriage to Jason Montgomery has snowballed and is spiraling out of control.
The weight of motherhood–and her new role as a
Published December 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped in Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped in Red

Monica **can't read fast enough**
WRAPPED IN RED is a quick and realistic peek into what is happening with Minka and Jason on their journey to a happily ever after. Minka is finding that motherhood is not all lullabies and rocking chairs and that having twins just makes adjusting that much harder. Once again, Jason proves to be a swoon worthy man and is willing to do what needs to be done to make his family work. WRAPPED IN RED is an enjoyable holiday quick fix read and a great bonus to the MARTHA'S WAY series!

**I received an AR
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm

I've given birth three times already, but I've never experienced postpartum depression. This story, Wrapped in Red, tackles this anxiety disorder most mothers experience. I liked that I get a glimpse of how ppd affects a woman's feelings and the people that surrounds her, babies included.

Minka recently gave birth to twins and was having a hard time getting sleep, running the house, doing everything. She's got a wonderful husband who love her dearly, but she couldn't get herself to touc
LaShawn Vasser
Dec 26, 2015 LaShawn Vasser rated it it was amazing
As usual with a Mika Jolie book it was well-written, pulled at my heart-strings and just made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Loved Loved Loved it! Can't wait for the next book!
Dec 10, 2015 Bree202 rated it it was amazing
Another remarkable read from the ever talented Mika Jolie. Jason and Minka has always been at the top of my list of All-time-favorite characters/couples from the first time I had met them in The Scale and I am happy to that say that has not changed

Mika Jolie delivers a heartwarming emotional story that will touch readers. Many of whom can relate to if they had ever suffers from postpartum depression.
We found Minka and Jason had welcome two babies into their lives. Minka was overwhelmed and wh
Christmas Magic!

A beautiful heartfelt story, and a perfect continuation/revisiting of our first and favorite Martha's Way couple - Minka and Jason.

The holidays are approaching and Minka is struggling and feeling inadequate. While in true Minka-fashion, she's in denial, wise counsel from a friend and common sense lead Minka down the right path. While we got the HEA in "The Scale", WIR reminds us that HEAs take work to be maintained. Even though she's a wife and mother, Minka is still a work-in-pr
Jan 02, 2016 Frances rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-want-it
I had a chance to read an ARC copy in exchange for a honest review, so here I go being honest. I must admit I am not big on novellas because they are short reads. Most times they leave you unsatisfied and wanting more. I have read all of Mrs. Jolie's books and The Scale( her first) was my favorite. Wrapped in Red is a stand alone holiday story of the two main characters Jason and Minka from The Scale. Minka now a wife and mother experiences the highs and lows of marriage and motherhood like ever ...more
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
Read my review at My Reading Nook

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.*
Dec 02, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful addition to Minka and Jason's story. Wonderfully written short story that touches PPD and the difficulty some may face with reconnecting after having a child. 5 solid stars.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Dec 05, 2015 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it it was amazing
Mika does it again with this novella the continues the story of Jason and Minka. It's Christmas time and Minka just isn't feeling the Christmas spirit. With the twins being only 9 weeks old, Jason working out of town a lot and the twins not being on cohesive schedule, Minka is feeling overwhelmed. With have PPD, things can't get much worse.

Things are strained at home and poor Jason doesn't know what to do about it because Minka will not talk to him about what is going on. She refuses to ask for
Dec 04, 2015 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone /romance
Recommended to Darlene by: Mika Jolie
Shelves: arc

I received an ARC from the author MIKA JOLIE-in exchange for an honest opinion. This is Mismousey very honest opinion of her book WRAPPED IN RED.

Having been following the entire Martha's Way series. I found this one - just as -no thats not right. This is was even better than all other's. And the reason I say that. Is simple- in this one we have a complete and different situation. One that can not just be worked out by 2 people. This one involves 4 people.

The way
A very sweet and realistic Novella on my favorite couple from the Martha's Way series, Minka and Jason. It deals with them going thru postpartum depression. It also gives you a peak at the other couples.
Dec 11, 2015 Ivory rated it really liked it
Beautiful. Short but sweet and emotional.
Cara Ross
Sep 21, 2016 Cara Ross rated it it was amazing
Minka and Jason finally had their babies, but Minka is struggling, she feels like a failure, as if everything she does is not good enough, as if everyone else is able to take care of her children and her husband, except for her.

But it's not until Lily confronts her about having postpartum depression, does Minka realize what's wrong with her. But how can she ask Jason for help when she should be able to do it by herself? Isn't that what good mothers and wives do?!

I seriously want to commend the a
Rebecca Allman
Sep 05, 2016 Rebecca Allman rated it really liked it
Wrapped in red starts off with Minka Greene Montgomery unknowingly suffering from Postpartum Depression.
Clear signs that most new mother's don't know they have. What's great about this story is that
it gives you an understanding that sometimes not everything is visible until it is pointed out.
But yet, denial that there is a problem leaves new mother's fighting against themselves.
Minka and Jason Montgomery had started off great in their relationship. They got married and
soon were pregnant but wh
Jan 23, 2016 Anniek rated it it was amazing
This Christmas novel brings you back to Martha's Vineyard and to your favorite 'wolf pack'. If you have read one of the other books from Mika Jolie about Martha's Way then you know what I'm talking about.

Minka and Jason are new parents and they have twins. Jason is away a lot because of his work and Minka feels overwhelmed taking care of both the twins and the house. It's difficult for her to come to terms with her feelings, but she has a loving group of family and friends and of course Jason.

Sharonda _Isadora
Jan 02, 2016 Sharonda _Isadora rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, interracial, arcs
*provided by autor for the purpose of my honest thoughts

In Wrapped In Red, we return to Martha's Vineyard and to Jason and Minka Montgomery. The now married couple are no longer in wedded bliss. Gray clouds are looming over Minka's head after the birth of their twins and it is causing a bit of trouble for our make matters a bit worse, Christmas is not to far away.

This was a quick, short read. We get to go back to and see how Jason and Minka are progressing, trust this reader...their
Aug 08, 2016 Titania rated it really liked it
I received a copy in return for an honest review.

I will start by saying that while I could keep up, I think I would have enjoyed this story more had I read previous stories in the series. In spite of that I thought Ms. Jolie gave me a well written story that touched upon sensitive issues with a light hand. Minka was struggling with being a new mother. While she loved her children, she was feeling overwhelmed and unattractive. Baby blues as it is known struck Minka hard but I loved that Ms. Jolie
Aug 07, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it
Finding Christmas Spirit

This is a short quick read and is perfect for a little diversion. Wrapped in Red is a good addition to the other books in the Martha's Way series.

It is a standalone book with no cliffhanger, though the main characters Minka and Jason were featured in The Scale (Martha's Way #1). And this novella takes place after Tattooed Hearts (Martha's Way #3) so beware that there are spoilers if you haven't read the rest of the series first.

While this story takes place around Christ
Sandi Ramirez
This is the first book I have read from Mika Jolie and it was gifted to me for my honest review. I can honestly tell you it will not be my last book to read from her. She has a great way of telling a story that draws you in and keeps you right in the story. This story is not only about the holidays but it also touches on something many authors tend to avoid especially if they are writing romances.... Postpartum Depression.
Jason and Minka just had twins and this is their first Christmas as a com
Dec 01, 2015 Deondra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This story shines a light on PPSD. Some people try to face PPSD alone because they are embarrassed about it and afraid of what others would think. This story shows us we don't have to be afraid what others think or embarrassed about PPSD nor do we have to be afraid to seek help. Opening up to the ones we love and the ones that loves us is the first step to healing. They will never know or understand what we are going through unless we tell them. I am happy Minka found the strength to open up
Dec 01, 2015 Sharing rated it really liked it
Minka had it all; a loving and hot husband, who would do anything for her, a twin sister who she was finally close to again, close friends who were like family, and two month old twins. Even with all that, Minka felt something was missing. She wasn't as happy as she once was, as she should be now, especially now at Christmastime. With the help of a therapist and her friends and family, she discovers that it will take time and patience, but she will get back to her old self eventually. I enjoyed ...more
Karen Komarinski
Feb 13, 2016 Karen Komarinski rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story that evolves around Mika and Jason. Things have changed its coming close to their second Christmas together but not only are they married, but they are parents of twins. Jason is trying to be supportive but Mika has shut him out along with her friends, until Lily has a little heart to heart with her. Come and join the gang as they start new traditions together. See if Jason and Mika find their way back to each other.
Wanda Dixon
Dec 11, 2015 Wanda Dixon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jason /Minka

This was a sweet holiday story. Glad you chose this couple, my fave couple you have written about to explore this subject. Glad her off was their to give her the push Ninja needed to get some help. It's hard enough making the adjustment with one baby, can only imagine having to, to take care of. As always love how caring and loving Jason was.
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 10, 2016 Rhonda Ziglar rated it it was amazing
Wrapped in Red by Mika Jolie....What an amazing book, so beautifully written. The story is touching and can be read quickly. The characters Minka and Jason and the storyline is so believable you feel like they are family. This is my first story by this author and I loved it, I can't wait to read more. I was given a complimentary book for an honest review.
Dec 06, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a free copy for my honest opinion for Fallen for Books

Great story centering around the birth of Minka and Jason's twins and what comes with it. It deals with Minka and her struggle with post partum depression. But knowing her husband loves her she deals with accepting it and asking for help. It's good to see a book handle this issue. And it's done in such a great way.
evette w
Feb 23, 2016 evette w rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was a wonderful visit with characters that you actually like.The writer does what some rarely do and that it give you glimpse of what life is like once the guy gets the girl.This was an excellent look.inside of life after the hea.Look forward to Claire and Forrest wedding or just another good addition.
Beautiful story! This Christmas Minka finds herself depressed instead of joyous. She feels fat, frumpy and unloved by Jason, her sexy husband. Giving birth to twins has turned Minka's life inside out: no sleep, no sex and no joy. Who will she turn to when her husband is away on business?
Lisa Owens
Dec 21, 2015 Lisa Owens rated it really liked it
This novel gives readers the brutal truth of postpartum depression. Well written and very informative. A book that every mother can relate to.
Tisha Johnson
Feb 22, 2016 Tisha Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And Still More

I like how Minka is still work in progress and life in Martha's Vineyard isn't all peaches and cream. But love is real and better with an understanding partner.
Tonya Lee
Tonya Lee rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Mika Jolie is the bestselling author of the Martha’s Way series. She lives in New Jersey with her Happy Chaos—her husband and their energizer bunnies. A sports fanatic and a wine aficionado, she’s determined to balance it all and still write about life experiences and matters of the heart. Let’s face it, people are complicated and love can be messy. When she’s not weaving life and romance into evo ...more
More about Mika Jolie...

Martha's Way (3 books)
  • The Scale (Martha's Way, #1)
  • Need You Now (Martha's Way, #2)
  • Tattooed Hearts (Martha's Way, #3)