Start by marking “Twinepathy (IDIA #1)” as Want to Read:

Twinepathy

(IDIA #1)

Twinepathy
(twin-eh-pa-thy)
n. a telepathic connection between twins, both figuratively and literally

Albany York has a secret.

Published July 4th 2016 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Twinepathy, please sign up.
C.B. Cook This book has now been published! You can buy it on Kindle here, and you can find the paperback copy on CreateSpace or …moreThis book has now been published! You can buy it on Kindle here, and you can find the paperback copy on CreateSpace or (less)
C.B. Cook The print copy will not, but the e-book copy might.

Start your review of Twinepathy (IDIA #1)
C.B. Cook
Jun 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm getting ready to start editing Lightporter, and I'm looking for some more reviews for Twinepathy on Goodreads and Amazon! If you'd be interested in a free PDF copy, let me know in the comments below or send me a message. Thanks, guys!

Just finished rereading this in preparation for editing Lightporter... yay? XD This was the first time I'd read it while holding a physical copy in my hand and... wow. <3 <3 <3
Kate Willis
FTC DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

I’ve been interested in this book for a while, so I jumped at the chance to read a review copy of it. “Unfortunately” it was so good, I gobbled it up in a day and then was forced to realize my review would be nothing but fangirl screaming. (Which is awesome, but not my favorite way to review. ;) ) So I decided to re-read it, this time aloud to one of my teen
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Well, color me intrigued.
I've had this book on my TBR list for a while now and thanks to Kindle Unlimited, I've finally gotten around to reading it.
I don't believe I've ever read a superhero book before and "Twinepathy" had me smiling with nearly every page. It was such a fun plot and so unique compared to what I typically read. I truly enjoyed this story very much and am so excited about reading the next book! While sometimes it felt just a bit jumpy (I think this is due to the length being sh
R.F. Gammon
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own (although, seriously! This book is awesome! And it's been on my TBR forever, so I'm so happy that I got it for free!!!)

Okay... where to start? I guess I should provide a synopsis...

Ashley Bogner
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Twinepathy is a fun, light-hearted, action-packed story about twin sisters (Albany and Brooklyn) who can communicate telepathically. After finding a young girl whose memory appears to have been wiped, the sisters find themselves pulled into an adventure complete with betrayal, superpowers, and spies.

I enjoyed reading Twinepathy . It was a pretty easy read, and I loved the bits of humor sprinkled throughout. All of the superpowers were really cool. The characters were likable and the plot mov
Kendra Ardnek
Telepathic twins are one of my favorite topics, and this book didn't disappoint. I'm only knocking a star because Albany had a habit of putting her nose where it doesn't belong and acting contrary to good authority figures, and that's a literary peeve of mine. It's just me, though, and the only drawback to this awesome book.
Lila Kims
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Unfortunately, Twinepathy didn't meet my fairly high expectations. It was okay, though.

Likes:

- the sibling relationships: Familial relationships are fun, special, and complex to read about, and the sibling relationship between twin sisters Albany and Brooklyn was no exception, along with their relationship with their older brother Denver. I really enjoyed learning about these characters via their interactions with one another.

- the superpower aspect: The superpowers were not the most
Gabrielle
This one was really fun! Though it did have some writing issues, such as plot holes, logic problems, and iffy characterization, it was very entertaining and kept my curiosity. A solid 3.5 stars.

What I liked:
1. Blaze. C'mon, how can you not like him?
2. Superpowers. 'Nuff said. But really, there was a good variety of different kinds of powers. Very creative uses of those powers as well--a lot of them I wouldn't have thought of. I wish some had been better explained (like Anvil's), but maybe the n
Galaxy Adventurer
What the book is about:

Albany York has a secret.
Albany and her twin sister, Brooklyn, have spent years successfully hiding their telepathic connection. But when a girl falls unconscious at their doorstep, the girls learn that they might not be the only people in the world with extraordinary powers and that a memory thief is on the loose. As the twins try to help the girl find her memories, they discover that the superhero world might be bigger—and more dangerous—than they ever imagined.

My review
Alea Harper
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Twinepathy a while ago when C.B. Cook released it as a serial story on her blog (theworldofthewriter.wordpress.com). It has two elements I love: superheroes and secret agents. I knew I would love it. You know what? I did.

The Characters

Each character had a unique personality and superpower. I love how Albany and Brooklyn are twins, but they are very different people. Albany is more of the fangirl and Brooklyn is the "girly-girl".
One thing that I didn't particularly like was that
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you C.B. Cook for the opportunity to read your book. This was an intriguing read. I really liked the concept of a superhero agency known as the IDIA, along with twin girls who are telepathic and can enter other people's minds. It is really cool and interesting. The story was great. There was action, surprises, and great characters. I really liked the characters and their character developments. I hope we learn more about
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
(Note: I received a review copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to author. I am glad I got a chance to read this book.)

Welcome to IDIA. Here are some rules to become IDIA agent.
1. You should have superhero qualities
2. Sworn to secrecy and abide by rules.
3. Should have agent code name
4. Always wear mask shown in the cover.
Okay, I don’t have IDIA manual. I just made it. I hope author will write one and include it in series to save readers from me.

So, about characters- I lik
Victoria Lynn
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, suspence
3.5 stars. . .

This book was such fun! I don't think I have ever read anything quite like it! If you love superheroes and want something clean, sweet, funny and exciting, this book is for you! I would have rated it 4 stars, but I had to dock half a star simply because there were some grammatical errors smattered through out the enjoyable pages of this book.

The Good:
~ Everyone is fan-girling about Blaze, who is a dear of course. . . but my favorite was Anvil. :D Read the book to find out why. I
Jenna
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this in one day (thank you, Christmas break)-which I haven't done in a looong time. And there hasn't been that many books that I've read lately that were good enough to read in one day. But this one is.
I'm a huge fan of Marvel, so this superhero book was right up my alley. I loved the whole thing! Albany and Blaze were hands down my favorite characters. I must get my hands on book two (or wait...there's a 1.5 I think) before I bust!
Joseph Leskey
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: oh, you know, anybody
Wow, I've got to review two books in a day. Much of my power will be spent. *Breathes.* Here goes (and don't worry; though the thought entered my mind, I shall not substitute a poem with fifty four stanzas for a useful review—it is tempting, though…but no…*is sad*):

First off, I misunderstand present tense. Or rather, it is beyond the limits of my comprehension. But that doesn't matter because it changes nothing.

Secondly, this was not a story to miss. You know why? It's—guess what?—urban fantasy
Jesseca Wheaton
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~4.5 Stars~

Twinepathy is the first book I have read with any sort of superheroes or anything like that, so I wasn't quite sure what to think! Well, I shouldn't have worried! The plot was original, and every twist kept me wondering what would happen next. I mean, London? Antarctica? Yeah, I was so not expecting that!!
The characters were amazing. Albany, Brooklyn, Denver. (Can I just say that I love the idea of having the city name theme?!?! It was awesome!)
I think Denver was my favorite characte
Deborah
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so not what I was expecting! The plot, the characters, the adventure! It was SO awesome. Outstandingly well written. This was the first time that I have read C.B. Cook’s writing and I was extremely surprised. It was very obvious that there was a lot of thought and outlining put into the writing of Twinepathy.

Each character was very different from all the other ones and they all had a part in the story. It was so much fun to see all the secrets unfold. I thought Albany was going to be a
Jes Drew
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an original and fast-paced superhero read. I love heroes and agents and this book had both. Albany was a rash, spunky heroine and I especially loved Blaze, the funny, cocky (leading guy?) Agent. I could've used a little more description, and some things seemed a bit far-fetched. Then again, these are superheroes we're talking about. Overall it was a clean, fun read in an underwritten genre.
Merie Shen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hold on. Right now I'm trying to gather my thoughts on this book.

... Okay, I've got it. I know what word I can use to sum up TWINEPATHY.

"Awesome."

So yep, that's my thoughts on the book.

... Or, in other words, THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING SUPERHERO BOOK EVERRRRRR (not that I, like, read superhero books or anything) AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND IT IS SO GOOOOOOOOD. I NEED LIGHTPORTER NOW. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

This world of supers was FANTASTIC and totally fun. I mean come on, they go
Deborah O'Carroll
Reread August 2019, aloud. SO FUN.

Original review:

(Review originally posted on The Road of a Writer: https://deborahocarroll.wordpress.com...)

Things I don't often read include contemporary novels, superhero tales (this may be my first? O_O), and first-person-present-tense (which normally I loathe but in this case I quickly got used to and forgot about). But while Twinepathy had all of those things, I greatly enjoyed it! :)

A few overall thoughts and then I'll do the rest of the review in list for
Jill
A light, fun story about teen superheroes in trouble over their heads.
S.K. Cunningham
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story itself was fast-paced. There was never a second that it got boring. Love the story.
Grace Morris
This book had a lot of potential. I especially loved certain parts of it. Like the different superpowers! Some of the twists! The villain and what he was capable of. Blaze!!!! HE WAS SO GREAT!!! The twins. The little girl!!! I LOVED HER, OKAY!!?!?! The memories. THE SUPERHEROES!!! BLAZE!!! Oh... I said that already.... BLAZE!!! Data was pretty cool too.

Things I Didn't Like:

This book is called "Twinepathy", so you would think that it would be about, well, the "twins". So I was a little disappoint
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, superhero
Re-read: I enjoyed it just as much as last time. It was nice to get to know the characters again, especially goofy Blaze xD

-------
Original review:

Previously posted on Purely by Faith Reviews.

My Review:

I absolutely adored this book. The minute I picked up the book, I was in love! *fangirls* The characters were absolutely amazing! Although, the twins are supposedly 17 years old…. but they kind of acted younger, like they were 15-16. It kind of reminds me of my younger sister and I.

I really don’t w
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
"There was an idea . . . to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more."

Well, actually, there was an IDIA>, and from that came an awesome novel about a pair of telepathic twins, a girl who lost her memories, a woman as full of mysteries as she is determination, and a serial memory murderer. And yes, you did read that last bit right.

Twinepathy is an exciting adventure that blends twists of mystery with superhero action. Yet it balances that action wit
Abigail H. Leskey
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of mystery novels, Marvel, or Nancy Drew
Recommended to Abigail H. by: C. B. Cook
Albany is a nerd, her twin sister Brooklyn is a sweet, social girl, and they have superpowers. And then a little girl and a ball arrive at their door. Who? What?

Read Twinepathy and find out. Albany wants to find out too; she'll tell you all she sleuths about the little girl and other puzzles.

There are plenty of interesting characters, including a charming, troublesome young man; a sweet, dangerous, hurt one (my favorite Twinepathy character); and a villain with a not stereotypical motive.

G.

Melody Jackson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a refreshing and fun twist from superhero cliches -- I loved it! And Medic has to be one of my favorites, just because of how adorable he is. I can't wait to read the sequel!
Christine Smith
The best way I can think to describe this book is: A rollicking good time! Because it WAS.

SO. This is a contemporary superpowers YA thingamabob which is something I’ve NEVER read before, BUT NOW I NEED MORE. Because woooow. This was so fun! Oh. And there’s twins. TWINS. Superpowers and twins. Do I even need to say anything else? I really don’t think I do SUPERPOWERS AND TWINS, PEOPLE. Okay, okay, fine!

The Rundown:

Albany and Brooklyn (our twinsies) secretly have telepathy and can literally speak
Liz F.
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pretty-covers
This was a pretty good book. I've never read anything quite like it. :) But I enjoyed it.
Ever since I was little I've loved spying/mysteries, that type of stuff so that is another reason I enjoyed it.

A few things...

1.) The beginning. I love the feel of the beginning of 'Twinepathy'. It's very natural and realistic. It's just 3 siblings, sitting in their living room, playing Go Fish. That's something that would actually happen in real life and for me, it sucks you in, and makes you want to read m
Laurel Wreath
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ok. I like this. I need another though... I mean why are there cliff hangers? That's horrible, I can't wait for this...

• The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • A Royal Masquerade  (The Tales of Ambia #2)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Plan to Fail (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #2)
  • Bad Things, Small Packages (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #3)
  • Poppy's Peril (The Tales of Ambia)
  • Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #4)
  • Jupiter Winds (Jupiter Winds #1)
  • Jupiter Storm (Jupiter Winds #2)
  • A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1)
  • Five Star Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #7)
  • Moonscript
  • Edisto Tidings (The Edisto Island Mysteries #6)
  • The Glass Thief
  • Hear Them Ring: A Christmas Novella Collection
C.B. Cook is just a girl trying to find out where her King is guiding her, while writing the stories of the people she creates, the worlds she wants to live in, and the adventures she dreams about. Also known as a mysterious creature called an "author". She's a Christian, a college student, and a home school graduate dedicated to changing others' lives through the power of the written word.

IDIA (2 books)