Start by marking “Vampire Crusader (The Immortal Knight Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Crusader (The Immortal Knight Chronicles, #1)

Vampire Crusader

(The Immortal Knight Chronicles #1)

"He was crusader, outlaw, khan. He was a count, a cavalier and a cardinal. William was a murderer, a devil. A vampire."

England, 1189. Earl William de Ferrers and his six knights slaughter the family and servants of Ashbury Manor. The victims have had their throats ripped to shreds. The killers flee for the Holy Land.

Richard of Ashbury, a young knight alone in the world and
Published September 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Crusader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Crusader

Richard Myers
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A great book about knights, vampires, and a brother struggling with the knowledge that he is chasing after his brother that is pure evil. All of the characters are very well described and I would recognize them if they walked down the street. I recommend this book and I am going to buy the second book right now!
Connie
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Richard of Ashbury's family have been brutally murdered at the hands of Earl William Dr Ferrers, a lord returned from the dead and his men. He swears an oath to his dying sister in law that he will avenge their deaths.
Richard's quest sees him fighting in the crusade with king Richard the lionheart and winning favour with his Lord.
But he is obsessed with revenge and on his final confrontation with William, Richard finds out some shocking truths about his own origins.
I really enjoyed this, it's
Andrew Nicholson
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Makes you feel as though you are in the middle of the story. A thrilling read from start to finish. Looking forward to part two.

Makes you feel as though you are in the middle of the story. A gripping read from start to finish and looking forward to part two.
Cindy
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
1190 CE. Richard Ashbury is the youngest son of the late Lord of Ashbury and he is a knight. Returning from a night in the woods Richard finds nothing but death at his brother’s hall. His oath to avenge the murdered men and women compels him to follow the murderer into the Holy Land. Here he fights in the Third Crusade with King Richard the Lionheart.
However, the horrors of the war against the Saracens are nothing compared to what the future has in store for him.

First of all I want to thank Dan
M.S. Dobing
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vampire Crusader follows the adventures of young knight Sir Richard of Ashbury who battles the terrifying William de Ferrer throughout history.

The story is vivid and gripping, and you find yourself enthralled in the world the author has created. It is obvious a great deal of research has gone into the historical elements of the book and this only adds to its authenticity. Such characters as King Richard the Lionheart (who until know only existed as Sean Connery in my head!) are brought to life a
J. Kahele
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
When the author approached me about his book and told me it was historical fiction, I jumped right one it, historical fiction is one of my favorite genres…and then I saw the title when ordering the book and was tempted to walk away the word 'vampire,' came across and I was like:

hell no photo: HELL NAW HellNaw.gif

I've had enough of these bloodsucking characters to last a lifetime.

vampires photo: vampires e3231e5d.gif

But I made a promise and when I make a promise, I keep.

So I read it...and just like that I was hooked. These weren't the glamorous vampires that we a
D.B.
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love historical fiction and author, Dan Davis didn’t let me down. His book, ‘Vampire Crusader’, kept me on the edge of my seat. I felt like I was right there in the action.

The plot was good, with plenty of action, deceit, and the coming of truth. There were plenty of twists and turns. The characters are strong and sometimes surprise the reader.

I highly recommend this book to history and vampire lovers!

I was provided with a free pdf copy, from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

https:
Violence? Check
Damsel(s) in distress? Check
Religious zealots? Check
Betrayal? Check
Ok so after going through the standard check list of knights on crusade. The writer throws in a twist of vampires. These are not the normal high from the sun/crosses/silver type. These are viscous daylight walking types who strangely see themselves as saviors of christ. Well each to their own.
Starting with the death of his family the main protagonist Sir Richard of Ashbur
Craig Clark
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I thought it was too plainly written to draw in a reader, everything was bland and basic descriptive for maybe, the first few chapters. The main character came across as just 'there'. He comes across a massacre and that is the most descriptive thing I can say. The entire hometown of the character is plain and you get the impression that that is deliberate.

Richard of Ashbury swears vengeance on William de Ferrers after he kills his brother and his servants, his wife, torches their land a
Victoria ~
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me some time to complete "Vampire Crusader” by Dan Davis. It wasn’t the book, but the holidays that stood in the way. Thanksgiving was filled with travel, shopping, cooking and visitors. The reading challenge suffered severe neglect.

As the book opens, Richard of Ashbury, is rushing to return a crossbow to his brother Henry’s house without being found out. He saw riders galloping away and arrived to find his brother, family, and servants have all been slaughtered. Richard swears an oath
Victor Salinas
Aug 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Pathetic !!

This story line had a lot of promise then crashed and burned out very quickly in the end .the one mindedness of the main character is a completely ridiculous and the lack of insight is just plain stupidity . The way the author wrote his fights to where the main character gets into ridiculous situations get a lot worse as the story line goes on its gets sillier as the book goes into filling page's. A wasted opportunity to really do something special with the story line .
Jessica
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the pacing, plot and protagonist. There wasn't much development outside the main character, but I feel that comes with the territory of aiming to cover a large span of time in one book. The writing style was generally enjoyable, but there were a couple of spelling and/or grammar issues with the version I had from Amazon kindle.
Pam Bales
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Great read for vampire story enthusiasts.

Richard the Lionheart's historical period is one I enjoy so having a vampire tale set in that time period is great. The next one moves a few years later to the time of Robin Hood. That's even better. Blood, murder, l mayhem abound so if you don't care for gore, best steer clear of this series.
Kevin Kelly
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Tale From The Past.

This book came as a real surprise! Not what I'd normally go for but it turned out to be a great read. Dan draws you into the story from the first page and from then onwards you can't put it down, as you always want to know what happens next. With that said, time to move on to book two and find out. Surprisingly good, so five stars.
Martin Murphy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't know what to think at the start, but as you read it you become gripped by the story and it's characters. Well worth a read, forget Dracula this book is not that but something different and good.
John R. Dailey Jr.
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A FINE TALE OF SOME KIND OF VAMPIRE LIKE THINGS IT IS...

Hello, this is a very interesting and entertaining story about vampires, I think. I haven't quite figured that out yet. Blood drinking yes. Other usual stuff, not so much. Good stuff. Thanks.
John Morris
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gruesome but exciting tale.

This book was an exciting medieval romp across Europe and through the Holy land. It was a gruesome story with a vampiric backdrop. I look forward to reading the sequels.
Mark
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vampiric knights, yes please!

The story moves at a good pace, and the writing is well done. The foreshadowing leads me to believe this isn't the last weve seen of Richard of Ashbury. Definitely worth a read,
David
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vampire Crusader

Great book, with a rich history set against the backdrop of the Crusades, and the mighty battles between the Saracens and the Frankish knight's. Richard is a great character with all the flaws and foibles of us humans. Well worth a few hours of your time. Fab
J Starr
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Awesome premise, horrible grammar and way too many sentence fragments to truly fully enjoy. I felt like I was reading a book written by a 12 year old at times. A lot of the book was boring and it finally picked up at the end, the last chapter was actually really good but the rest was not.
Stacy Croushorn
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read!

I didn’t expect too much from this book, but it sure delivered. The plot is good, the pacing fast, the characters vivid with detail, the historical details accurate. It was fun!
Regina Strowd
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
War and blood

Vampires and the Crusades. Liked the backstory. Little different from most vampire books. Liked the character right away. Want to find out what happens. Nice quick read.
Vicki
This had it all excitement, romance, horror and evil. A different look a being a vampire. I couldn't put it down and read it in one day. Really good read
steve day
Oct 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Poor

Badly written,poorly researched miasma of violent,gory but above all tedious supernatural/historical bunkum. Leaves a nasty trace in the mind. Not recommended!
Jerry Mercer
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting Story

A very original story that mixes history with the eerie use of the vampire myths. The descriptions and characters are well-done and the plot is well-written.
Carl Gilliam
Interesting historical fiction with vampire twist.
Mr Norman Craven
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent read it turned into a better book than I thought it would, it became better as I got further into it..

K M Egan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc
1st book of 3 read and enjoyed this, some good historic facts although the overall book is a fiction book
Dantegideon
He’s like a medieval Morrissey.
mary p schroeder
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Quick to read and very entertaining. I look forward to book two. I hope he continues to add to the series.
Advanced Copies f...: Reviews wanted for Historical Dark Fantasy Novel 11 68 Feb 19, 2016 12:08PM

• Heart of a Viking
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lady (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #1)
  • The Flame of Resistance (The Lost King, #1)
  • Finding My Highlander (Finding My Highlander Series, #1)
  • We Sink or Swim Together (A Love...Maybe Valentine)
  • Fire Hawk (Sam Packer, #1)
  • Venice (Tom Swan and the Head of St George, #2)
  • The Throwbacks (Scotland Yard Exchange Program #1)
  • Baptism (Ed Mallory Thriller #1)
  • The Soldier's Rebel Lover (Comrades in Arms, #2)
  • The Templar Vault (Peter Sparke #1)
  • Jacquot and the Waterman (Daniel Jacquot, #1)
  • Shadow Kill (Strike Back #2)
  • In Debt to the Enemy Lord (Lovers and Legends, #4)
  • Bedded, Or Wedded?
  • My Lord's Desire (King John, #1)
  • A Rustle of Silk (Gabriel Taverner Mystery #1)
  • Somebody Wonderful
Dan Davis is an author of action-packed sci-fi, fantasy and historical fiction. He writes THE IMMORTAL KNIGHT CHRONICLES and the GALACTIC ARENA series.

Dan is a massive history fan and brings a dedication to historical authenticity even in his books about vampires. One of the main factors in writing a series that takes place over centuries was so that he could explore his favourite historical even

The Immortal Knight Chronicles (6 books)
  • Vampire Outlaw (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #2)
  • Vampire Khan (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #3)
  • Vampire Knight (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #4)
  • Vampire Heretic (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #5)
  • Vampire Impaler (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #6)