Start by marking “Melted By The Dragon (Melted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Melted By The Dragon (Melted, #1)

Melted By The Dragon

(MELTED #1)

A #1 BESTSELLER!

A SimplyShifters.com Original Production...

In a future world that is ruled by dragon shifters, fertile women are scarce. They are so scarce that women capable of having children are now often cryogenically frozen for centuries in order to help future generations reproduce.

Curvy Vivian Mason was one of those women who was frozen hundreds of years ago and
Published September 20th 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Melted By The Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melted By The Dragon

angela
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite enjoyable

This was a very enjoyable book, I really liked it a lot. It has a great story line, and relatable characters. It was a story you don't want to stop reading cuz it's bedtime, or you need to get dinner cooked.
Juuli
I saw the word dragon shifters and had to read because it was (or maybe still is) a free e-book. Thank good it was short because this book was definitely not my cup of tea.
Sharon
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cryogenic's, time travel, love and Dragons

A nuclear bomb wipes out nearly all life on Earth and only North America remains. With newly formed shifters emerging due to the fallout and a serious decline in the fertility rate among women the government has asked fertile women to be cryogenically frozen until such time as they maybe need. Vivian is one of the women who volunteer. When she is revived hundreds of years later she has amnesia and is told she is to be the mother of General Jackson's heir
Erin Dall
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Was ok but not what I was expecting

I thought there would be more steamy scenes than the book actually had. The writing of them was actually pretty good and the description of the main male character was definitely sexy and swoon worthy. I feel like the book itself was rushed from start to finish though trying to get everything compiled into the page amount it was given. I would’ve enjoyed it more had it been longer with more development between the characters, plot and villain/final battle.
Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting

The plot continued to thicken pretty late into this novel. I had to read til the end to find out what happens to Vivian and if she ends up staying. There are a few things I feel they left out especially after a nuclear war of that proportion there would be such residual radiation.... but I guess that was part of the world building. There was great chemistry from the characters and a bit of insta love at least on the mans part. It was worth the read but I'm not sure it got me hooked on
Vickie
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I certainly was glad that I kept reading 📚 this book! After being thawed out Vivian finds out that she isn't in Kansas anymore.exactly who is this commander Jackson Wallace? To Vivian there's no place home! Or is there?
angela gunstone
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melted by the dragon

Loved the storyline and the characters so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Jordan
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
After reading the summary, I picked up this free ebook in hope of a "so bad, it's good" moment, but ended up with something that's just bad. Ignoring the fact the text was rife with grammatical errors and godawful prose, the story was just weird.

But first, let's let the writing speak for itself:
"'Stop being sorry. Just thank me for the cap by giving me permission to wipe those two tiny droplets of water from your collarbone. One is a droplet of water that fell from your hair, and the other is a
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

A great war occurred and the world was thrown into chaos. As a result of the damage done to the atmosphere, the female inhabitants’ reproductive system no longer functioned. Many women were tested and only a few were able to reproduce. Scientists wanting to save humankind began a program to freeze the willing women to be woken when they were needed. In Melted by the Dragon, author Amira Rain, delves into time travel and a paranormal world where nothing is the sam
Abi.A
Typical. No surprises at all. Everything was so predictable and I was super bored through the book. I read the whole thing because I wanted to like it but it just got more disappointing as I kept reading. I was confused as to when and how they fell in "love." I skipped most of the sex scenes cos they were so bland. The most interesting things about the book were blown away and those were the actual premise of the freezing and the dragons, the villains story, and her relationship with Celeste. I ...more
Lynn
I've never read a dragon shifter book and this was free. Darn my twitchy one-click finger! I quickly realized that this book was not for me (and skimmed the rest) due to, but not limited to, the following:

-lots of speeches and monologuing rather than actual dialogue. Who talks like this, especially what guys talk like this?

-massive info dumps, often through the above speeches, um I mean "dialogue"

-Which means we're told everything rather than shown anything

-flowery language during sex scenes us
Mary Clark
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
A totally different shifter story, but nonetheless engaging, as there were some interesting scenarios throughout the book. Because she was fertile, Vivian was cryogenically frozen for over three centuries. When she wakes up in a land of dragons and has no recollection of her previous life, she finds it difficult to comprehend - more so when she is told she has to produce a child with Jackson, the Commander in charge. Jackson needs an heir and tells Vivian he went back in time, and purchased her ...more
Debra Johnson
Melted By The Dragon by Amira Rain is a Paranormal Romance.
It is very badly written. It starts off well then quickly deteriorates. This book is in severe need of the mighty 'Blue Pencil'.
Punctuation of conversations need correcting. The conversations themselves are also dull and repetitive. Often infantile. Overuse of the word 'Well' at the beginning of conversations. Due to improper punctuation it is difficult to know who is speaking and when a conversation is over.
A lot of mundane and unnec
Tashia Jennings
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended

Author Amira Rain 's Melted series is addictive and mesmerizing. A futuristic world with shifters. Shifters bought about after a nuclear disaster. A disaster leaving majority of all women unable to bear children. Freezing some of those still able to have children.
Vivian was one of those women, just she can't seem to remember all the details. Awakening unbelievably cold in a new world to be told that she was to provide an heir for Commander Jackson just had to be a dream, especially
GypsyBelle
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok , where to start. This is going to be a hard one for me. First off I loved the story outline. Girl wakes up to a new word where there is shifters. But that is where I stop loving it. I did read it all , only because I thought , maybe it will get better. Then it became , well heck lets see the whole train wreck. The thought that no one really tells her everything , it comes in strange awkward conversation. Then the constant arguing from the heroine. I mean come one lady, I mean I know it is a ...more
Susan  Burgess-Ryan
The world has changed greatly over the years and the women are infertile. So the women that were frozen over 100 years ago are being thawed out so that the dragons can have the heirs they need to carry on their dragons.

Vivian.Mason is being thawed out under the orders of Colonel Jackson Maxwelll so that he can have the heir needed to carry on his blood line. With Vivian not having any memory he is having a hard time convincing her to have his baby.

Amira Rain wrote this book in order to capture
Nancy
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting look at the dystopian future, where a nuclear blast triggered a latent gene, turning survivors into Dragon shifters, and time travel to add to the mix. I liked the strong and independent spirit of Vivian, determined to be more than a 'bought and paid for womb' as she phrases it. She wants more, and even if everything she ever knew is gone centuries ago, she wants to face it all on her own terms. Even Jackson, the man who ensured she survived being cryogenically frozen to be the mothe ...more
Emily Lindsey
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story with lots of action

This is an exciting story with a lot of twists. The characters were well developed and realistic. The plot was dense with a lot of stuff going on and the exposition of the back story parsed out over chapters. There was a little bit of drag in a few places but overall the pace was steady and easy to follow. I loved the idea of the bad guy being in both places and also the idea that the women were stronger than they thought they were. This was a really good stor
Meiwilli
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Achingly predictable and sappy told partially in first person by lead character Vivian Mason. Vivian and dragon shifter Jackson's obvious attraction leads to obvious situations for whence she was "melted". Vivian is whiny and Jackson is non-descript. Celeste and Irene offer very little in comic relief. Characters need much more development. This is not a bad story really, it just lacks any spark, passion, excitement or suspense. There are many editing issues as well. Thus ends the Melted series ...more
Soraya Bowie
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
When I first started reading this story I was really enjoying it. Sure its nothing knew and the concept has been done before. But I really liked our main character, she is a very strong female lead considering her circumstances.

What really let the book down for me was the very rushed and in my view very unrealistic ending. Had the author fleshed this out a lot more it would have put really good.
Christine Martinez
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
reminds me of syfy's Defiance series

instead of having Dragon wars, America had aliens on the show. cities were destroyed and shanty town cities were built. they had st. Louis, which is now called Defiance and America has a new military unit. the city is called Defiance because they refuse military rule. this book was good and different rather than just usual shifter book becaust a woman gets frozen to escape her current situation, but it reminded me of the show.
Kim
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Different Dragon shifter story

This story had a good plot, but there was a bit of page filler in there to drag out the story. My least favorite part was the fact that Vivian bargained a deal with a baby. Not good, and I almost stopped reading after that. I did finish the book but there were so many missed opportunities to have chemistry between the couple and make this a hot sexually tension filled book, but it came up short. The end was anticlimactic. Average read.
Robyn White
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked it

After reading the reviews...negative and positive...I was expecting a terrible story with a horrific heroine. What I found was a beautiful dragon shifter romance. If you area fan of this genre do read this. The world building was great and the premise was great. I would definitely read more from this author
Linda
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute, short book

This book has touches of the future and romance between a Dragon shifter and a human whose been in a cryogenic tank for 300 years. We see her trying to make sense of the life she's been thawed out in and the Dragon shifter that has had her thawed in contemplation her carrying his heir. It is a cute short book that I'd recommend.
Christina
Feb 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
I cannot with this book

First person books take a special writer to make it a worthwhile read, especially since you are leaving out so much.

And this isn't one. Stopped after 4 pages abd deleted from my cloud. Saved the name to ensure wouldn't try any further books.

1 star for the price.
Lindsey Lopez
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story. I like that this story had dragon shifters (since they are my favorite fantasy characters). Even though this story had a few fighting scene it was not as detail as I would have like. The love story was sweet and I am glad that the Vivian and Jackson become a couple. However, I felt that it was too simple. But overall it was a great story.
Susan Commeford
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Not quite a hit

First, I love dragon shifter stories and the premise was promising. But it just doesn't quite hit the mark. The style of writing just isn't up to par. It is hard to explain, but the character's first person narrative is like reading a teenager's diary. I did finish the book but was left with no vested interest in looking into more of this author's work.
Ally
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I did enjoy the storyline but I would've liked a little more world building how the dragons came to be and the differences between gorgolians and UFSs, how come they had a time machine, lots of things seemed to happen without explanation and from one paragraph to another, also the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion
Ash
Mar 14, 2016 added it
I didn't finish the whole thing. I got about 80% though and I just couldn't do it. The whole thing smacks of "buying" a woman and forced breeding. Oh sure, it's wrapped in a happy "the fall in love" arc. They even say she was abused before and tries to show how much better this situation is in retrospect. OH GOODY a different type of forced encounter.
Not a fan. Not at all.
Betty
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Melted By The Dragon by Amira Rain

Interesting twist on the future of mankind. Would have given 5 stars but all of Vivian's whining just got to be annoying,thankfully she gets better and more enjoyable to read about. He on the other hand was thoroughly enjoyable to read about. The supporting characters were greatly entertaining. Check out for yourself and see how you like it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Alien Architect's Bride (Draconians, #5)
  • Belonging to Them (Men of the Border Lands, #1)
  • Never Lose Your Flames
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • Fallen Ashes (Fated & Forbidden #6)
  • Rising Storm (The Last Sanctuary #1)
  • Make You See Stars (Stardust Erotic Romance Series #2)
  • Wolf Tracker (After the Crash #3)
  • Got a Hold on You
  • Invasion: Book I: Resistance (The Invy War 1)
  • The Ujal (The Ujal, #1-3)
  • You and No Other (St. Briac, #1)
  • In All My Wishes (Riverbend, #1)
  • Bed, Breakfast, and You (Brookfield Series, #0.5)
  • Wicked Dark Dragon (Dragon Heat, #3)
  • Billionaire's Lies
  • Under the Sassafras
  • After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1)
Amira Rain is a popular author of a shifter and paranormal romance.

When she is not writing she enjoys dancing and going to the theatre. One of her big passions in life is chocolate and she has an irrational fear of spiders. So much so, that even a photo of a spider will scare her.

MELTED (4 books)
  • Melted By The Lion (Melted, #2)
  • Melted By The Bear (Melted, #3)
  • Melted By The Vampires (Melted, #4)