Start by marking “Blood Moon Magick” as Want to Read:

(Whiskey Witches #2)

Going back to Denver should have been easy. Old life. Old routine. Ten kinds of “all good.”

However, with her gifts open, the paranormal world isn’t going to let her have that easy life. It turns out her partner of the last five years is a vampire and has been for several decades. He’s also the regional paranormal protector.

So when a few shapeshifters go missing, he gets
Published October 16th 2015 by Whistling Book Press (first published October 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Moon Magick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Moon Magick

Start your review of Blood Moon Magick
Montzalee Wittmann
A Whiskey Witches Novel, Book 2
By: S.M. Blooding
Narrated by: Kalinda Little
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
I liked this book even more than the first book! It flows better and it isn't only center around the main character. She is actually able to help others. This one she finds that there is more to the paranormal world than just demons, angels, and ghost. She is back in Texas and finds out her detective partner is one of those 'other' paranormal
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
S.M. Blooding is a phenomenal writer. She is an artist at painting the canvas with her words and pulling the reader in. Even Blooding's supporting characters are complex and fascinating. Several of the supporting cast could easily have their own books.

My favorite character is Paige. How she hasn't gone on a killing spree with the years of pent up angry she has is mind boggling. lol She is one strong female MC.

This series as a whole has been fantastic. I cannot wait to dive into the next one.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to The Book Junkie Reads . . . by: Audiobookworm
The first installment in to the world of Whiskey Witches and Paige with her cast of crew, family, friends, co-workers had captured my supernatural thrill seeking curiosity. The second installment brought on more mayhem, magic, and a bigger cast of characters, twist and turns, and Paige and Dexx. Yet again the drama, mystery, suspense and all came with the intriguing lure of more. Paige carries things well with all that has been revealed to her. She has much to get to get adapted to or acquainted ...more
S.M. Blooding
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book clears up a lot of the confusion about Paige and her abilities. It also adds a whole new world, the paranormals. It's very exciting! I hope you love it!
Terri Wilson
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the next book in the series and I think I like this one even better than the first. Though I will say the first one was dynamite. The reason I liked this one better had to do with character development. I knew these characters now. They have become part of my fantasy book world. I do think a reader could start with this book and still understand the series. But as with any series, starting with book one gives you a greater appreciation for the story.

The plot for this book was fast-paced
Debbie Eyre
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two is every bit as good one! Paige is back and so are the demons as well as as whole host of other paranormal beings! This urban fantasy is addictive as we follow Paige on her journey and she is kick ass and full of sass and snark. The story continues to grow as does the character development and I am so looking for ward to reading book 3!
Sue Brooks
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW - SM Blooding is an amazing author and has written another book in this amazing series!!!

I will start by saying that you really need to read book one in the series (Whiskey Witches) before you read Blood Moon Magick. It isn't mandatory - but omg, this book will make so much more sense to you if you do!!!

In this series, you are introduced to demons, a demon summoner, angels, witches, vampires and even shifters. The way that SM Blooding writes about the different paranormals is amazing - so di
Susan
Note: While this is Book 2 in the series, it works mostly OK as a stand alone. The author does a good job of recapping past events that are relevant to this tale.

Paige Whiskey has returned to Denver after spending time with her family in Georgia. It’s only been a week since she did some demon fighting and regained some important memories. But she’s getting back into the swing of things as a homicide investigator with the Denver police department. Dexx Colt came to Denver with her and he’s pickin
Texas
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whiskey Witches Origins:
S M Blooding, The Demon Whiskey - Has an overview, which I appreciate knowing what the book is about before reading it. Although I was disappointed with the last part of Whiskey Witches, I decided to read TDW. This book can be read after or before WW, without any spoilers. Well written, with realistic dialog and an interesting plot. By realistic, I don't mean vulgar language, since nowadays that's considered the real way to talk. This book is heavy with vulgar language, w
Lauren Jones
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paige Whiskey is back for round two. The demons have followed her to Denver where a girl has been murdered. This second installment begins where the first installment ended, the trip back to her life in Denver after one heck of fight for her life in Louisiana. Blooding has continued the intensity with this installment, with charged up characters and unpredictable circumstances. There are a lot of questions, a lot of injustices, and now there are shape-shifters and other paranormal creatures comi ...more
Harini Nayak
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it !

First things first , despite the fact that this can be read as a standalone , I believe it would make more sense you read the book one first . I picked this one first and was able to understand a lot of it but then , I'm also the weird girl who started the ToG series at book #3 .

The best part about this book is that it pieces together a lot of paranormal elements from vampires to angels into the same scope . While it might sound a tad bit weird ( it did to me , too ) , the pie
Dawn
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by S.M. Blooding. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

I had listened to Whisky Witches a few days ago and I was interested in what was going to happen to Paige and her friend Dexx next. I liked Blood Moon Magick more than Whisky Witches partly because it wasn't as dark as the first one.

Paige finds out that the world doesn't just have humans, wi
Julie

Book two picks up where the first left off, still chasing down the Big Bad: the demon Sven. I liked how the plot and world building expanded, though, and now we have more than just witches, demons, and angels. That's right, the rest of the paranormal world has joined the party. I also like t
Shari Davis
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Paranormal Romance
This is book 2 in the series Whiskey Witches: Origins
I recommend to read them all in order starting with the first season.
Page and Dexx learn that there are also vampires, shifters that they thought belonged to fairy tales; besides the angels, demons and witches. One of the new paranormals is her police partner of the Denver Colorado police is Jack; who is a vampire.
Page has a gateway to hell seared in her soul. Page and Dexx learn that the demon who placed the gateway to hell
Leslie Sanchez
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Paige and Dexx. She's still reeling from what her family did to her, even if it was for her own good. Rachel still has Leah (can you say wicked witch of the east?) and doesn't let her even talk to Paige. She and Dexx are getting closer and closer the longer they are together. Problem now is what Sven Seven Tails did to her has her afraid of her gift. This makes her new case more difficult plus, there's a new player in town. Paige is so funny when she finds out that other paranormals she w ...more
Claire
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed book one, and this second book was even better. The story seemed to flow better, perhaps because the world building had already been done (for the most part). This book picks up almost immediately after book one finishes, I can't help but feel bad for Paige, she can't seem to catch a break, but it does make for exciting and enjoyable books.

I like Pagie more and more, she's very honest with herself about how she's feeling and what actions she's OK with taking or wishes she had taken, it
Aurora
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having recently solved a multiple murder case in Louisiana, Paige goes back home to Denver only to be thrown into a new case. Together with Dexx and her partner Tony, they investigate multiple disappearances and discover that the paranormal world is a much bigger place than she ever suspected.
Like the previous two books in the Whiskey Witches series, Blood Moon Magick is a well written story combining elements of mystery, paranormal drama and even a bit of romance. The characters are likable and
Nickole
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rcvd an advanced reader copy from booksprout for giving my two cents. 2 wks after paige's Louisiana ordeal, she is back in Denver, but things are more strange with her abilities. At a murder scene she finds a demon handprint and a calling card left for her. On top of that dexx and her stumble upon what appears to be a werewolf...are they even real? And her partner of 5 yrs admits hes a vampire...wth!! Paige doesn't know what to make of all this new information..witches demons and Angel's.. yes.. ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Paige and Dex go back to Denver and find out all isn't all it seems. Her partner Tony and FBI Agent Jack join in too. There are other paranormals disappearing and Sven makes another appearance. I love this story and the continuing of Paige's story. I love all the characters. I just wished I loved the narrator on this audio book but I don't and that is the only reason this book is not getting five stars. I would suggest reading inst
Lynn Zagrod
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. This second book in the series takes off from the first and just continues to grow. The author does an amazing job with developing the characters and the story. Adding new talents to an already awesome story. The author's amazing imagination makes this story impossible to put down. I love stories where the main character's powers keep growing. Learning what Paige can do keeps the reader/listener interested. The narrator is good, but seems to b ...more
bookgeek607
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
S.M. Blooding has brought us another great Whiskey Witches book! Book two picks up at Paige’s return to Denver, after the world fell beneath her feet in Louisiana.
I honestly think for a deeper understanding you should definitely go back and read the first in the series to have a better understanding.
The paranormal world to Paige is growing, and she really learns how to work with her gifts, after being closed off for so long. How can you go wrong with a Demon Summoner, Demon Hunter, a Vampire,
Shweta
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best series that I've come across in a while, this is a 4 book series in which this particular book is the 2nd part. I was unable to put down this book, I read through books 2, 3 and 4 one after the other in 2 days flat.

The story is amazing simply superb and leaves you breathlessly waiting for more. It's like a roller coaster that starts on the 1st page and ends with the last word on the last page.

Michelle
Dexx and Detective Paige Whiskey are back in Denver after solving multiple murders in Louisiana. This is an intriguing story full of shifters, witches, demons, vampires, ghosts, angels, murder, mystery, family drama and humor. The characters are interesting and I like that we get to find out more about Paige's special abilities while she investigates the next case. I can't wait to read more about Detective Paige Whiskey. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Josette Thomas
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige is involved in a whole new mess. A spirit decides she is the perfect host and decided to join Paige in her body. She gets a new partner and has a hard time accepting there are vampires even as she accepts there are witches and shifters. Her attention to Dexx is becoming stronger and he is a distraction she does not need. When she is healed, Paige realizes she may have a chance at getting her daughter back. So much more happens in this book and I do not want to give too much away.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Moon Magick by S.M. Blooding is a wonderful story that continues in a wonderful series that I love reading. This is book number two in this wonderful series and I highly recommend this to everyone who loves reading about witches,shifters and detecive work as much as I do.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
This was a great story. It was well written and fast paced. The chemistry between the characters was sizzling hot. This book has everything you need to keep you turning pages hot sexy men, steamy scenes and some conflict thrown in. I cannot wait for what this author writes next.

Teresa
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige Whiskey is a witch. And a demon summoner. Her partner in the police force is a vampire. Her best bud is a demon hunter. Plenty of paranormal action plans twists, with a Great plot and characters. Starting book 4!

Barbara
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have REALLY got to stop starting series with the second book! This PG13 tale of paranormals took me two days to read and kept me up WAY past my bedtime.

Jackie
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. This book clears up a lot of issues regarding Paige. Entirely intriguing.
Pat W
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read, loving these books they have everything for a great read. Action and adventure and a super storyline, not to be missed

• Big Bad Djinn: Whiskey Witches Universe Supernatural Thriller (Red Star Division Book 1)
  • Lizard Wizard: Whiskey Witches Universe Supernatural Thriller (Red Star Division Book 2)
  • Double-Double Demon Trouble (Whiskey Witches Crossover 1)
  • Mirror, Mirror Demon Rubble (Whiskey Witches Crossover 1 Book 2)
  • The Dark Files, The Complete Collection
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Grave Mistakes (Hellgate Guardians, #1)
  • Terra Nova: The Wars of Liberation
  • Knight: A Chronicle of the Sibyl's War
  • Pawn (Sibyl's War, #1)
  • Days of Burning, Days of Wrath (Carerra #8)
  • The Enduring Flame Trilogy: The Phoenix Unchained, The Phoenix Endangered, The Phoenix Transformed
  • Queen: A Chronicle of the Sibyl's War
  • 1636: The Atlantic Encounter (Ring of Fire Book 28)
  • Black Magic Kitten (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #1)
  • The Angel's Fire (Masters of Maria Book 8)
  • Scratch (Catnip Assassins, #2)
  • Meow (Catnip Assassins, #1)
Frankie Blooding lives in beautiful Montana with her darling husband, Captain Alaska, and their demon cat, Tesla.

She’s dated vampires, werewolves, sorcerers, weapons smugglers and US Government assassins. Yes. She has stories.

Whiskey Witches (4 books)
  • Whiskey Witches (Whiskey Witches #1)
  • A Barrel of Whiskey (Whiskey Witches)
  • Witches of the West (Whiskey Witches #4)

News & Interviews