Start by marking “Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7)

Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7)

4.51  ·  Rating Details ·  2,679 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Jana DeLeon, the seventh book in the Miss Fortune series.

A force to be reckoned with…

During missions as a CIA assassin, Fortune Redding saw and overcame most every obstacle, but Sinful, Louisiana, keeps producing new challenges for her. When a hurricane blows through, it brings a shower of counterfeit money raining down on the tiny
Published September 20th 2015 by Jana DeLeon

To ask other readers questions about Hurricane Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurricane Force

Susan
Sep 27, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series! I can't get enough of Fortune, Ida Belle, and Gertie. Every one of their missions have me in stitches. My only wish is that I wouldn't finish them as quick!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The seventh addition to the Miss Fortune Mystery series by Jana Deleon. A hurricane is coming and Fortune and the gang all retreat to safety at a local church. Afterwards, phony money is found and Fortune believes it is tied to the arms dealer that wants her dead. Has he finally located her? Oh, and did I mention the dead body?

I ain't telling. Another humorous story involving CIA Fortune Redding and the Geritol Mafia, Ida Belle and Gertie, along with our clueless Deputy Carter LeBlanc. I was a l
Sherry
Sep 21, 2015 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Definitely Packs a Hurricane Force!!

Hurricane Force is hands down the best so far of the entire Miss Fortune series!! Too bad I can't give it 20 stars. While the humor is certainly there, this time there is more life & death action than ever before. It's one roller coaster ride after another. Just as you catch your breath Ms DeLeon twists you up & over again. This is absolutely a must read!!!!
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Just.Can't.Stop reading this series!

I have been dying for Fortune to come clean about her role as a CIA agent to Carter. OMG there has been a build up of feelings between Fortune and Carter and I never thought that he would react as he did. So sad!! I really expected things to be different BUT I am hopeful that there can be a turn around. I really want things to work for these characters.

The cat is finally out of the bag and now things are heating up for Fortune. Due to a counterfeiting scandal
Barbara Hackel
Sep 23, 2015 Barbara Hackel rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th book in the series, and each book keeps getting better and better. In this book we saw some Sinful shenanigans, but the main thrust was dealing with Fortune's personal agenda, and shockingly telling Carter secrets about Fortune, Gertie, and Ida Belle. I didn't like the ending, but I am hoping Ms DeLeon finds a way to fix that in the next book. I do hope there are many more books about Sinful and the amazing people who live there!
The pace of the book is non-stop exciting, and betw
Kimberly Sutton
Sep 21, 2015 Kimberly Sutton rated it it was amazing
A Definite Must Read for Miss Fortune Fans!!!

Loved it but wished it could have lasted longer. Secrets are exposed but our quirky heroines manage to stay on top of it. We can't wait until 2016 for more Miss Fortune.
Paula
Aug 31, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series. It is laugh out loud. It is a must read people
Kristi, A Book Fanatic
Oct 15, 2015 Kristi, A Book Fanatic rated it it was amazing
LOVE this series!! I'm ready for the next one!!
Sonia Cristina
Feb 15, 2016 Sonia Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 estrelas
Até pouco mais de meio não estava a achar muito bom mas quando Carter soube da verdade sobre Fortune tornou-se melhor.
Bette Jacobson
Jul 11, 2017 Bette Jacobson rated it really liked it
I must have laughed for 10 minutes over the scene of Fortune and Ida Bell picking up Gertie. I love this series, it has everything. It's funny, it's got action, there is some mystery and the characters are so well created that you just like them. I would recommend this to everyone, especially those who like to laugh-out-loud.
FangirlNation
Mar 06, 2017 FangirlNation rated it it was amazing
Fortune has her long-anticipated showdown with Ahmad, the arms dealer with a price on her head, in Hurricane Force by Jana DeLeon. The previous book, Soldiers of Fortune, concluded with the arrival of Max Arceneaux, the long-disappeared husband of Celia Arceneaux, the mayor of Sinful, at least until the election auditors finish their job. The morning that this book opens, Max shows up in the diner, prompting Allie, Fortune's friend staying with her temporarily and the niece of Celia, to call For ...more
Marsha
Jan 17, 2016 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Of all of the Miss Fortune storylines, "Hurricane Force" is the most fast paced, intense and emotionally jarring. Without revealing any spoilers the ending broke my heart but also made me realize that one of the characters is not as strong and worthy of my original admiration as I thought.

Over the short period of time that Fortune has been in Sinful, Louisiana trouble hasn't been a stranger. So, when Max Arceneaux , Celia's long lost husband comes back to town, everyone is curious as to what is
Renee
Jan 25, 2017 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries, fun-reads
These books are like Murder She Wrote meets the Marx Brothers---humor, hijinks, a light mystery, savvy characters, ironic dialogue. In each story, Fortune, a government asset undercover in a small Southern town, teams up with her best friends, two women senior citizens who were in the military in their younger days. They are bold, sassy, unstoppable, and exactly the friend/mother figures hurting Fortune needs. Fortune is an expert at espionage but not so much at life. (The three women feature mu ...more
Mary Lou Webb
Apr 30, 2016 Mary Lou Webb rated it it was amazing
Best one yet

The hijinks continue as Fortune tries to maintain her cover. It isn't easy, not with Ahmed close by in New Orleans. The humor is delightful. My neighbors have probably called the men in the little white coats on me because I was laughing so loud and so hard at one scene. Not to spoil anything, I'll just say it involves Gertie, a coffin, and hot dogs. Sound intriguing? It is. Each book gets stronger, and this is the best yet. I want these characters as friends. This book is an amusing
Mariko Tsubaki
Oct 01, 2015 Mariko Tsubaki rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in the series. You can never go wrong with the Sinful gang. As always a great mix of humor and action. Will be waiting anxiously for the next chapter in the Fortune and Carter saga. Hoping for a great twist in the next book.
Anika
Aug 06, 2016 Anika rated it it was amazing
The best yet. I can't wait for the next book.
Dianne
Feb 08, 2017 Dianne rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
I was a tad disappointed in this particular book in this series. I had high hopes for something a bit more comedic and a little more drama when fortune's secret was revealed. But all in all it wasn't horrible.

Only two more books in the series, unless the writer keep cranking these out and I hope she does. I've come to love the character's and the town.
Maureen
Jun 18, 2017 Maureen rated it it was amazing
Love fortune, Gertie, and company....funny and interesting all at once. !!!!
Vickie
Jul 08, 2017 Vickie rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is this is a laugh out loud series, so be careful if you aren't reading while alone. I always come back to this series if I need a good laugh.
Lisa Smith
Loved it!!!
Dora
Mar 20, 2017 Dora rated it it was amazing
Ill winds blow through Sinful

Max, Celia's husband who was presumed dead, reappears in Sinful only to be shot. A hurricane blows through Sinful and scatters counterfeit $100 bills in the town. Ahmad's men show up in town and nearly assassinate Fortune. Fortune ends up telling Carter who she really is and he is not pleased.

I still love the characters. The story is twisted but makes sense. I suggest that the books be read in order.
Evangeline
Jun 25, 2017 Evangeline rated it really liked it
4 stars.

This novel lacked the humor of the previous novels, which was understandable. After all, Carter learns the truth behind Fortune's identity (not a spoiler, that's in the blurb).

A character we don't see much of, Harrison, actually makes a minor appearance here.

While some issues are addressed, not all of them are handled. (view spoiler)
Michele
Mar 13, 2017 Michele rated it really liked it
very fun easy read -a great series to follow for some light hearted funny writing
Laurie
Mar 09, 2017 Laurie rated it really liked it
Loved it! This is Sniper 3 team at their best. The action is awesome and hysterically funny. Always a great read.
Jill
Was really looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint.
May
Sep 25, 2015 May rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book from beginning to end. As the summary states, a hurricane comes upon Sinful, however, because we are not reading about any small town, but about Sinful :), it not only leaves destruction in its path, it leaves lots of money behind. But as Fortune soon finds out, it's not only counterfeit money, it also traces back to Ahmad, the dangerous man that is after her. From there on, it's like reading two small mysteries that intertwine into the big finale, and what an ending it w ...more
Devi Nair
Oct 13, 2015 Devi Nair rated it it was amazing

Source: Views She Writes - WordPress Reviews

Jana Deleon has never failed to impress me. But this time she has gone over and beyond impressing and went to outright fabulous. I have never fell in love with any of the other books more than this one. This is by far the best in the Fortune Redding series. This book caps it all in one go and takes the best to give.

Fortune Redding's shield is almost blown off when it is rumoured that Ahmed might be looking at Sinful with new eyes. This definitely put
Rhonda
Sep 23, 2015 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
I laughed so hard in this book and yes most of it was of Gertie. It is full of drama, laughter, mystery,

murder. I want more of Miss Fortune adventures.. The first chapter is worth the price of the book.

This is the seventh book of the Miss Fortune mystery. Each one is about a week of time and follow each other in Sinful, Louisiana. Fortune is a CIA Assassin who cover was blown and sent into Sinful to hide out as a beauty queen librarian. Only 4 others know who and what she is.

Ida Belle, and Gerti
Roxane Lapa
Feb 08, 2017 Roxane Lapa rated it really liked it
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Series: Book 7 of the Fortune Mystery series

Basic Synopsis...
A hurricane lows into town bringing with it killing a lead to the armsdealer that put a price on Fortune's head.

My thoughts...
Things get a bit more serious in this book but it was leading to this point so can't complain.
Janet
Nov 20, 2015 Janet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, louisiana
Once again Fortune, Ida and Gertie did not disappoint. With Fortune's assassins getting closer we meet some of her CIA contacts. Things get rocky with Carter but I am hopeful they can sort it out in the next book. This series is never really about the romance but the crazy capers the ladies get up to. Found myself laughing out loud more in this one than the past few. The ladies have brilliant one liners peppered throughout. Of course nasty Celia is still mayor but thankfully Carter is back in th ...more
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • The Hitwoman and the Sacrificial Lamb (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #12)
  • Rose and Helena Save Christmas (Ghost-in-Law, #6.5; Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.4)
  • Laugh or Death (Lexi Graves Mystery, #6)
  • Dirty Deeds (J.J. Graves Mystery #4.5)
  • Bayou Bubba (Miss Fortune; Miss Chance meets Miss Fortune #1)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Dirty Deeds ( A Savannah Martin Mystery, #9 )
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more
More about Jana Deleon...

Miss Fortune Mystery (10 books)
  • Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery #1)
  • Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2)
  • Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • Swamp Team 3 (Miss Fortune Mystery, #4)
  • Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6)
  • Fortune Hunter (Miss Fortune Mystery #8)
  • Later Gator (Miss Fortune Mystery #9)
  • Hook, Line and Blinker (Miss Fortune Mystery #10)

“One time,” Gertie said. “You go out into a hurricane one time and you never hear the end of it.” 0 likes
“Despite all the confidence I had in my ability to do my job, I hadn’t had any in myself as a person.” 0 likes