Start by marking “Growing Your Business Can Be as Fun & Easy as Giving Candy to Strangers: Tips for Creating Abundance Through Heart-Centered Sales” as Want to Read:

4.74  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Too many sales people are focused on the end result, the outcome--the close--and another notch on their gun! But, what if you approached -sales- from a heart-centered standpoint, with curiosity and playfulness, as though the world were your sandbox? What if you created relationships for no other reason than to help others and make new friends? I know what you are saying, - ...more
Published December 15th 2015 by Next Century Publishing (first published November 10th 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about Growing Your Business Can Be as Fun & Easy as Giving Candy to Strangers

Randal Wark
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Within the myriad of books on business, there are many with tools and tricks to help in different facets of the business. While Giving Candy to Strangers does have its share of strategies and suggestions to help you create a more natural sales practice, the gift of this book is in giving us a different way of approaching sales. With the sheer abundance of companies offering the same products, available worldwide via the web, how does one stand out and create a lasting and loyal customer base? Th ...more
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We all know and admire those who can do things with out-of-the-box thinking. Being different, innovative and creative in business does require a risk level but it also brings greater satisfaction both to the business person and the customer. Stan Holden is such a person and he has been successful in business by approaching it through a heart-centered standpoint and by building lasting and meaningful relationships.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Giving Candy to Strangers which felt like Stan was sit
Brian's Book Blog
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It really can be as easy as Giving Candy To Strangers.

Stan Holden is not your typical businessman, he’s not a CEO of a Fortune 500 company or a long-standing board member for some top tech firm. But Holden has a lot to add to the world of business. Giving Candy To Strangers is a book about doing the right things in business and how they can help you succeed, grow, and even dominate. The point of view is written more on a personal level though, which is fine for me because as an owner of my own b
Create With Joy
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are a professional or entrepreneur who needs to connect with the world around them in order to grow your audience or your business, and are looking for creative, out-of-the-box techniques to help you make heartfelt connections with others, consider Giving Candy To Strangers – Tips For Creating Abundance Through Heart-Centered Sales by Stan Holden a must read book!

Giving Candy To Strangers is not your traditional, cookie-cutter business book. Instead, it’s a refreshing book on business tha
Marilyn R.
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The term - heart led or heart centered - seems to be a catch phrase that is becoming more prevalent in both the written word and at motivational conferences. As it's one I fully embrace, I cracked open Giving Candy to Strangers with great excitement, ready to hear this author's contribution to the subject and it didn't disappoint.

There are several notes I would like to make. First, a lot of truths are shared here. As they are shared, I suspect you, like me, will realize you actually already know
Alaina
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
At http://bookreviewsandwallpapers.blogs...

Giving candy to strangers is a nonfiction book written by the author and artist for Chicken Soup of the Soul. In this book he describes how to grow a business.

The Forward of the book is written by Kevin Sorbo. Even though he has been in many movies and television shows, he is best know for the series Hercules: The Legendary Stories. To be honest I do not usually read the forward in a nonfiction book even though it does contain helpful information but wh
Corinne Rodrigues
One of the opening quotes in the book is one from Rick Warren - Life is about relationship, not acquisition. For me, that about sums up what this book is about. In times where people are wont to put results before relationships, Giving Candy To Strangers is brings a refreshing outlook to the whole business of sales.

As I was reading the book, I thought of all the times I have been turned off by people who sell Amway products and Herbal Life. Their attempts to chat up strangers is all about trying
Amie Gaudet
You would think that reading a book about sales and how to attract customers and prospective clients would be dry and very uninteresting. This book is not like that at all.

In fact, I laughed out loud several times while reading this book and I absolutely love Stan Holden’s approach to sales. This is the type of person that I would be thrilled to do business with and/or purchase products from.

EVERY SALESPERSON NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK AND FOLLOW STAN’S ADVICE. If they do, they will be almost guara
LAWonder10
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Stan Holden's book Giving Candy to Strangers, he makes many strong points- some of which defy decorum - but it works! Unlike many motivational books, Stan combines strong energy, humor, guidance with just the right amount of examples...short and sweet!

The main ideas, basically, are these six "be"s: be yourself, be open. be confident, be energetic, be determined, and be willing to laugh at yourself. Then he guides you how to accomplish these ideals and more.

I highly recommend this book to any
Victoria Brinius
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this was a great idea, that should have been written years ago. I worked in sales for years and I treated my customers like my friends and not like a source of money. This author is different because he wants you to reach out to new people and to reach out of your comfort zone. The book was interesting and easy to read. I also found it amusing at times and thought that this would be a great book for suggested reading for business classes. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a ...more
SJ Barakony
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-friends
Must read. Easy 5 stars - this social capital primer has 52 chapters, mirroring a deck of playing cards, and every single one of them has at least one, most always 2+ , supra helpful tips, suggestions, &/or stories which teach so very much to the reader.

Definitely will recommend to my clients, friends, & others!
Christopher Wild
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sales or no sales job, this book teaches inspiring ways to create heart-first connections with strangers and connect deeper with existing and nearly-forgotten friends and acquaintances. In our fast-paced busy lives, it's easy to forget that people aren't just objects that get in our way, but rather friends we haven't yet made.
Brandon Perry
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read book on creating friendships and business connections. Not a typical sales book. He really dives into creating fun, genuine relationships. Most of the time when you accomplish that sales will naturally follow. Recommend this book to anyone in a sales or leadership position.
Chelsea
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun book and great reminder to be friends first before the sale. Great pointers and fresh ideas to spice up your normal contact and business repertoire!
Mario MJ Perron
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stan’ Holden’s Giving Candy to Strangers is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

I needed tips, trick, and ideas to differentiate myself, and what I offer others as a publisher and business matchmaker. This book breaks the rules by turning them on their ears. For those of you who’ve experienced networking groups like BNI, know that the giver’s gain mindset really works. Call it karma or law of attraction, what you give will come back. Give a smile and it almost always comes back.

I feel this is t
Leila
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for the business minded!

I find a lot of times when I am reading a book that is “self help” where it is trying to help you take steps forward in something (personal, business, etc.); the reads tend to be dry, drawn out, and typically boring.

Giving Candy to Strangers was none of the above! It wasn’t dry. It was actually humorous. It wasn’t drawn out. The chapters seemed to be short and to the point. It wasn’t boring. There were always steps to take to move forward or new thing
Greg Ellis
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book of ways to make new friends and keep old ones. Definitely will be reading this one again.
Stan Holden
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
People are more important than business, but when you move people… you move business!
“Giving Candy To Strangers” is about creating abundance in your life and business through the power of relationships. An inspiring and informative guide weaved together with personal stories and metaphors for stepping out or your comfort zone by creating new relationships, cultivating the old AND developing a “Pay It Forward” mindset.

More reviews on Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Giving Candy To Strangers is a bu
Angela Thompson
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book for use in a blog review. All opinions are my own.

Giving Candy to Strangers offers a different view of the sales career. Throughout the book, Holden offers example after example of the importance of relationship building to a salesperson's success. With so much emphasis on texting and internet communication--it's easy to forget the human element of sales. The human element of making someone remember you and your product days (or even months) down the
Dawn
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Giving Candy to Strangers is all about growing your business by being a people person. Instead of focusing on making a sale, Stan Holden says that making and keeping friends is the most important thing that you can do to make sales.

The author explains how to be more outgoing, keep relationships, and even have a good time while your bottom line improves. Anyone in sales may benefit from reading Giving Candy to Strangers, whether it's a sale
Bob Pollock
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book came highly recommended to me and I pass along a similar suggestion. While this is a sales book, it's also a life book. It's filled with nuggets on how to treat people right. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Ken David
Aug 05, 2016
Josh Cramer
Jan 02, 2016
Giving a gift for reading and sharing with others. 1 1 Feb 02, 2017 09:46AM
Entrepreneur's Bo...: Business Book Available for Review 2 33 Dec 10, 2015 12:40PM
Business Startups: Business Book Available for Review 1 21 Nov 05, 2015 08:11AM