Start by marking “Wolverine: Weapon X” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: Weapon X

Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Comics: Wolverine)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  609 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
The Story of Weapon X. Before joining the X-Men, Wolverine was simply a directionless loner mutant named Logan. Weapon X isn't just another story about the Wolverine you know and love. It's the cruel story of Logan's transformation into Wolverine, as seen through the eyes of his tormentors. Spearheading the Weapon X program are Dr. Benjamin Cornelius and Carol Hines -- the ...more
Mass Market, 400 pages
Published October 25th 2005 by Pocket Star (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Life
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is about how wolverine gets his powers. It is not like the movie. It tells you how he got his powers.(Look at the claws) I would reccomend this book for people who like X Men espesally wolverine.
Liz H
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it

Basically the novelization of Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X graphic novel. Fleshes out and explores a bit more and acts as a good companion to the GN.
Luis
Oct 28, 2008 rated it liked it
First actual novel I ever finished. I liked the book, but I found myself loosing interest then coming back to it. Overall an enjoyable book.
Nick
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a real slow moving mixed bag of a book. Part of it was interesting to see how they handled the adamantium bonding but that quickly got overstretched, then there was Logan's 'dream memory' narrative that just wasn't very interesting and on top of that you had the 'base life' story that again was a bit dull.

The whole story is set purely around Logan's procedure to get adamantium bonded to his skeleton yet there are some plot holes. If you're doing some serious work on someones skeletal sy
Steve Lowe
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good back ground story on Logan.
Mike Jensen
Mar 04, 2017 marked it as books-abandoned
The first chapter is a disorganized hodgepodge of events designed to take the reader into a troubled mind. The second begins with pages of too-detailed torture and ends with a lot of dull exposition. That was enough. I picked up this book to get me in the mood for the LOGAN movie. I spoiled the mood. What a dreary book.
Nakayoshi Takashima
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xmen
Erzählt wird in diesem Roman von Max Cerasini die Geschichte von Logan, den Comic-Fans besser bekannt als „Wolverine“, die Entstehung von Waffe X. Der ultimativen Kampfmaschine, eines unbesiegbaren Soldaten, der dank grausamer Experimente das Absolute verbringen soll: töten, ohne getötet zu werden, jagen, ohne selbst gejagt zu werden, und verletzt zu werden, ohne Schmerzen zu spüren. Der Beginn des Buches klang etwas holprig, weil der Schreibstil auf mich etwas abgehackt wirkte – doch das legte ...more
Hilmi Isa
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superheroes
Logan,Experiment X,Wolverine...Ini adalah kisah mengenai asal-usul salah satu watak komik terkenal Marvel iaitu Wolverine.

Wolverine,atau turut dikenali dengan nama Logan,telah ditangkap untuk dijadikan bahan eksperimen. Tujuan utama eksperimen itu adalah untuk menjadikannya seorang 'mesin' pembunuh yang tidak berperikemanusiaan dan taat mengikuti segala arahan yang diberikan. Anggota tubuhnya dimasukkan dengan sumber logam yang dipanggil adamantium. Lantas,menjadikan tulangnya diselaputi dengan
Robyn
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I found this book to be enjoyable and fast paced, with a lot to keep you interested. It was really quite riveting, with a lot of action. However, I really felt that it could have gone a lot further. The fact of the matter is, as an old marvel fan, I've seen this story told at least a hundred times, with slight variations. But the basic meat of this tale has been told and retold; in many comic flash backs, The cartoon series, the movie, and there's been a comic miniseries focusing solely on Wolve ...more
B. Reese
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books
This book is really like a 2.5 stars.

I enjoyed it, but it went on about 100 pages longer than it should have. Basically Wolvie escapes and rampages the lab that gives him adamantium, (spoilers, duh!) only to find...his princess was in another castle! Actually, that his escape was just a VR simulation. That's basically how the comic version played out, but in the novel it was kind of a chore to read the same escape twice.

It's possible that this grueling feeling was because when I read it, I was
Stephanie Kerr
May 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Wolverine: Weapon X tells the story of how Wolverine got his claws. Much of it is told from the point of view of the scientists behind the procedure.

It wasn't exactly what I expected. I expected a story about Wolverine, and I got a story about scientists. However, It did have some Wolverine flashbacks mixed in. Additionally, I wanted more action. There was some action, especially in the flashbacks, but most of the book was a bit dull.

Unless you are a hardcore fan of Wolverine (like me), I would
Kathi
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this was an amazing book.

Wolverine was never my favorite character from the original cartoon but his backstory had always hinted towards something secretive and deep. After reading this book I felt like I had much better grasp of who he is.

This book did a wonderful job at pulling me in, immediately. We get a really good look inside Wolervines head, as he goes through the process that turns him into the character we see in the current movies. I also felt like the details and descripti
Rose
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really ready to enjoy a good novel about Wolverine's backstory (despite that it really has been told a dozen different times), and in that sense this book certainly does delve into that backstory. The problem for me was that it delved a little too deeply. At least the first half of the book is more dedicated to the background/science behind the Weapon X project than to the character himself, and for me this part really dragged - proving a struggle to get through. I felt that the last part ...more
Stanley
Jun 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
No this isn't a comic book. It's actually a novel about Wolverine's past. So all you Marvel fanatics out there, this is the book for you if you want to know the complete details in how Wolverine obtained his claws and what his life was like before the experiment. For other readers, this book is about a person named Logan who was different from the public. Unlike most humans, he has a longer life span, which people didn't consider him a human and treated him like an animal. Throughout the book, L ...more
Erika L. Miller
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
An interesting updated story to Logan's origin as Weapon X. Very well written and I even found myself caring about the security team, Cutler & Franks; foolishly hoping that they'd make it out alive. I say foolishly because I already knew what happened from past comics...but a girl can dream. The only thing that I wished there was more of was...SNIKT. That word alone and the imagery that it conjures up sends tingles down my spine (nerdgasm). Very well written novel and definitely looking forw ...more
Monique
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought this was going to be an excellent background story of Wolverine, one of my favorite superheroes, but it turned out to be a long explanation of the Adamantium wielding process. Over 100 pages into the novel and the doctors and scientists have more face-time than Logan. Thus, I am very disappointed in this title and am not sure I will finish the book. That being said, I suppose graphic novels are best way to experience all angles of Wolverine.
4fabfelines Cox
Nov 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the second book i have read of the Wolverine book. I really enjoyed it, but felt so sorry for the dude. I kept wanting him to kick ass and take names.
This is pretty detailed and graphic, not for kids. In the end Wolverine gets away. and that is good. The characters in the book are rich with detail and their own demons to battle. That explains maybe why they want Logan and the depravity they go down that path of being inhumane to Logan.
Dave Cluness
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
A prose Wolverine story - works brilliantly on this occasion. Went on to read Road of Bones(by David Mack), but it just didn't work for me - I put it down after a couple of chapters.

Cerasini's book is great though. Wish he'd write some more Wolvie.[Just found 'Violent Tendencies...] In fact, more 'Prose' Wolvie would be great in general - something gritty/pulpy/thrillery, something like the Marvel 'MAX' Wolverine, but in a fully-immersive/80-100k wordcount/paperback/ebook format.
Christopher Dodds
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Even though I'm not a fan of the character this was a really good book about his story of how he had the adamantium skeleton. The book had a better plot story than the x men origins movie and also had great characters including Logan who's inner mind was quite interesting. A great read for both comic book fans as well as wolverine fans.
Isaac Sandoval
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you have grown up reading comic books but want something grittier this books for you. The story was very absorbing with page turning excitement (wow that sounded comic booky) but its true! As an adolecent I knew if some how mutants existed, they would have a darker side. This book takes you there!
Jenny
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This is a novel which tells the origin story of how Logan becomes Wolverine. Most of the plot takes place in the laboratory and is very descriptive about how adamantium is added to his body system & how the scientists attempt to retrain his mind. Personally it's been a rough few days, so I really enjoyed having such a good exciting read to distract me from things!
Margaret Kearney
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I got this a gift for my birthday.Thank Jebus for whoever in my family picked this.Brilliant.Details the capture of Logan and his transformation into Weapon X.Fantastically gripping,every page had me wanting more.I will say that its very gorey so if you are not a fan of blood and guts books,avoid this one.Will definitly be picking up more by this author.
Adam
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read! A great take on Wolverine's origin and a must read for any Wolverine fan. Cerasini has a great grasp of the character and tells a story that pulls from many of the classic wolverine origin stories, and expands on them.
Wally Tomlinson
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This my 3rd reading of this book on my favorite mutant of the X-Men. This story is how Logan(Wolverine) got to be Weapon X. Lots of action in this book but as a mutant, Logan always survive the impossible odds.
Scott Vout
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2009
i am a fan of the xmen and wolvering in particular.

an ok book, nothing special here.

quality kills per minute, back history to fill in the blanks

it will get you through til the next book you want to read is in at the library
Hillery Earl
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the most brutal of the Wolverine books I have ever read. Never have I read or heard of anything so savage! I loved it very much! It gave great detail of the possibility of a healing factor. To get to know a part of Wolverine, I'd recommend Weapon X anytime!
Jack the annoying freak
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I'd have to say that "Wolverine: Weapon X" is one of my favorite books. It is about the famous Marvel character, Wolverine, before he joined the X-men, but it is very gory and is not for the faint of heart. this book reveals an important part in Wolverine's past.
Dovile
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is not about The Wolverine, but about the man he was before and about the Weapon X project, in very graphic detail. The book was well written, but I was looking for a somewhat different read about Logan, and all the blood, gore and spilled innards were just no to my taste.
Andrew Hardin
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Huge fan of X men and I heard about this book so I figured to try reading it, Its very dense with information and is kinda hard to stay focused on. The ending is definitley worth the argous read however so if you start it, you might as well finish it
James
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
strange...
  • Wolverine: Lifeblood
  • Road of Bones (Wolverine)
  • Wolverine: Election Day
  • X-Men: Codename Wolverine
  • X-Men: Dark Mirror
  • BATMAN: Gotham Knight
  • 跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss my Boots] (星の館 [Hoshi no Yakata], #1)
  • Spider-Man: Carnage in New York
  • Senseless
  • Dead to the World (Water Lovers of Sirilon #3)
  • X-Men 2
  • X-Men: Empire's End
  • Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours
  • Spider-Man: Drowned in Thunder
  • The Archers of Kynthos
  • The Further Adventures of Batman
  • Infinite Crisis
  • Batman Begins
Best-selling author, Marc Cerasini has spent time on the New York Times and USA Today best-seller's lists. His writing spans from children's picture books and young adult novels to adult mystery and military nonfiction. Along the way, he's managed to ghostwrite for Tom Clancy.
More about Marc Cerasini

Marvel Comics: Wolverine (1 - 10 of 217 books)
  • The Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine: Origin
  • Wolverine: Origin II
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Wolverine: Season One