Start by marking “Fairy Houses All Year: A Four-Season Handbook” as Want to Read:
Fairy Houses All Year: A Four-Season Handbook

Fairy Houses All Year: A Four-Season Handbook

Fairy Houses All Year celebrates the year-round pleasures of fairy house building. Through the use of seasonal varieties, kids and families can engage in this natural and creative endeavor through all seasons. Activities and materials found in each season are highlighted throughout the book. For example, fall fairy houses feature vibrant colored leaves, pumpkins, and late ...more
Published May 15th 2016 by Down East Books

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Houses All Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Houses All Year

Start your review of Fairy Houses All Year: A Four-Season Handbook
Angie
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, to-review
I was given a copy of this book by netgalley for an honest review.

3 1/2 Stars

Fairy Houses All Year is a book for children with information about fairies and how to build houses for them throughout the four seasons. It was pretty well written, though maybe a little too mature for the target audience of 4-9 year olds. Though some of the activities would require adult supervision, so it should be easy enough for the child to ask for clarification. I personally would have lik
Two BookWorms Blog
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In our busy schedules, it seems that they never have enough time with nature. So I love when a book encourages kids in activities that take them outside and also encourages them to do things that get their creative juices flowing.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Cat
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book to introduce young children to building fairy houses! Kind of like finding a fun thing for the kids to do when you want them off the computers and outside for some sun and fresh air! Loads of great ideas!
Psusan
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Fairy Houses All Year (A Four-Season Handbook) by Liza Gardner Walsh was not at all what I was expecting. This is not a bad thing; in fact, it came as a wonderful surprise. Filled with fairy lore along with poetry, it gives freedom to a child’s imagination. After reading the digital version provided by the publisher, I purchased a print copy. It is a wonderful addition to the family library!

This book with it delightful illustrations of examples encourages children to look around them
Kizzi Roberts
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fairies can pop up anywhere, but they'll be more likely to stay if they have a house. Learn how to build a house for fairies, what fairies like, and where you might find them in this fun book for dreamers of all ages.

"Fairy Houses All Year" written by Liza Gardner Walsh is a fabulous book of make believe. Encouraging girls to explore the great outdoors, or even just their backyard, in search of fairies and materials to build fairy houses. Detailed instructions for materials and how to build hou
Sarah McLean
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This was an adorable book. I have been reading about fairy gardens for a project I am working on and this was a good source for ideas with beautiful photographs. I do wish there would have been more ideas for affordable projects.
This review was made possible through an advance copy I received through Netgalley
Melanie Thompson
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This children's non-fiction how-to is cute and fun. I love how it weaves the magic of fairies into the narrative of how to build fairy houses. I appreciated the do's and don'ts because children don't always know not to pick others' flowers or rip bark off a tree. The color photos make the book engaging and eye-catching. This book is an excellent resource and addition to a library collection.
Allison Cusher