Start by marking “Murder (Sinful Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Murder (Sinful Secrets, #2)

Murder

(Sinful Secrets #2)

Let me tell you now: I kill her.

I love Gwenna White more than my life. And still – I'm her demise.

****

It should have been simple. Easy come, easy go, and in between: atonement.
She was not who I'd have chosen.
Gwen was delicate and lovely: a former model with a ruined life, living loudly in the quiet of the Smoky Mountains, healing injured bears.
When she laid her hands on me
551 pages
Published May 31st 2016 by Barkley's Books

To ask other readers questions about Murder, please sign up.
Pam L Thank you, I will wait ,she is a wonderful author and she is a human being too. Life goes on and her family is first. I asked the question prior to he…moreThank you, I will wait ,she is a wonderful author and she is a human being too. Life goes on and her family is first. I asked the question prior to her explanation. I'll still be patient. JC Reed went through personal issues this year too, I will be patient, Ella James is worth the wait.(less)

Start your review of Murder (Sinful Secrets, #2)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Ok - finally done with the book. No idea why, but it took me 3 days to finish it. It's pretty long, but still. I should've finished it faster. But it just dragged along...
I loved it. Most of it anyway. I loved Barrett and Gwen. But I hated the longness of the book. I think a good editor could've edited out all those mistakes and at least 100 pages of redundant and repetitive stuff. And also - for me personally - all this god and church and bible reading shit!
The book was really intersting - you
LM
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been a few days since I finished MURDER, but I needed the time to really absorb everything and settle my thoughts.

This book is incredibly long, brilliantly written, and insanely twisted - in the sense where you don't really know who's good, who's bad, who's lying, who has ulterior motives or not.

The story revolves around two main characters - Gwenna and Barrett. Gwenna is a beautiful ex-model, ex-singer who was in a super tragic accident, leaving her body and mind scarred. She's hiding hers
Irene
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well it took me some time to get through this book but it was well worth it in the end. I have to admit it was very slow a good way through but if you persevere it's worth your patience and I must say a very clever suspense romance read.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Sep 20, 2015 marked it as to-read
Coming January, 2016! This will be Barrett's story (Kellan's brother)
Paloma *The Romance Queen*
Nov 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ebooks
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN THIS IS COMING OUT
Shayna
~*~ 4.5 STARS ~*~

WOW! This was a MONSTER of a book! MURDER was over 500 pages of sexy, intense, mysterious, and mind bending good times. I'll tell you the truth and say that I was scared to start this. I'm used to reading a book a day, and I know that this one was going to put me up for a while. But Ella James has never steered me wrong, so I said "Fuck it, let's do this!" and started this dark and intense journey of Gwenna and Barrett.

Now if you aren't familiar with Ella's Sinful Secret Series
Jenny
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Really, this is 3.5 stars for me:
The twist and turn of Barrett and Gwen are good, and well plotted out.

The hard part, and while looking on GR I can see others stopped reading, is the book is extremely long and while normally - that isn't a problem, it makes you feel that a GOOD 40% could have been cut out.

There are so many many details about so many many things that I can't even decide if they were just because the author felt like it or because they really had something to do with the story.
Sarah A.
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
one word: Anticlimactic.

I have waited for this book through all the release date pushing, one month, two months.. 3, 4 .. all the while expecting that the book will blow my mind once I had my hands on it. It blew my mind alright.. out of boredom.

The entire 70% of the beginning was filler.. they ate, they slept they had nightmares they f***ed. The next day? guess what they did.. they ate, slept, had nightmares and f***ed some more. I was so emotionally detached that even the smutty scenes were to
Imani
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.75 Stars

I loved Sloth when I first read it, and when I started reading Murder I thought I would like it.

It started off great. But then it lagged A LOT.

I am usually one for big books but I felt that it just felt unnecessary or something. It felt like it was taking forever.

And since I felt that way, I didn't even care about Barrett and his secret anymore. I basically skimmed after the 65% mark which I dislike doing but hey.
TF
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
After reading SLOTH, which I loved, I was anxiously waiting for the release of this book. Unfortunately, the anticipation far exceeded the actual book. It was too long, too many confusing flashbacks and a painfully slow build up to the mystery!

I'm a big fan of Ms. James and have been pleased with many of her other books. This one just didn't do it for me, but I will continue to read her work. SLOTH was my favorite!
Anna
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was E-P-I-C! Where are my 10 starsssss?
What a T-W-I-S-T!!!
Ella never disappoints!
Nina ✳The Surgebinder ✳
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional roller coaster this read was, and what a damn story.
Talon
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh man, OB-SESSED WITH THIS ONE.

Yeah there was romance but this baby was packed FULL of suspense and mystery. Just enough to keep my eyes wide and my breaths short. The mystery element in this one was so fantastic. Even if you say you knew what was going to be the outcome or how this story was going to pan out, it was still very well written and I don’t think anyone can argue that. The metaphors, the descriptions, analogies, tension. All of it. It was so well done that you don’t even know who is
Karen
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bears! I totally love bears. Cute, honey eating, hibernating bears. I love them as much as I love sloths. I love them too.

Warning - long, long book. Warning - keep track of nicknames so you know who is who. Bear = Barrett, Gwenna = Snowflake aka Piglet aka Pig. Breck = John. I leave you to do the research on the rest.

I love the sort of story where I get to use my sleuthing skills to solve a mystery. I also love the sort of story where love seeps into the heart and melts away the ice that surroun
Jamie Davis
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Ella James knows how to write a story, wrap you up, then wrench your emotions a hundred ways before leaving you mind-wrecked -- and loving it! I didn't think I could love a sinful secrets book more than Sloth, but Murder snuck up on me and shanked me right in the heart. I love Barrett and Gwenna.

Remember Kellan from Sloth? (No? You haven't read it? WHY?) Barrett (aka: Bear), Kellan's brother, has a past all of his own -- secrets and inner demons warring within him. His darker side is
Lisa
I love it

Ok I've held out writing the review for a week as I had to think about what I wanted to put down without revealing anything as this story is long, mysterious, secretive and leaves you guessing. At times I did not want to put it down and found myself highlighting a lot so I could figure out the who did what? Or what happened before the great revealing? But to be honest even up to the very end when we finally fine out Ella got cute and she through in another twist!

I have to say, when I go
Charity
The story was good, but it was predictable; no shock factor for me on any of the supposed it plot twists. That said, this book it's main problem? Way. Too. Fucking. Long. And way too fucking repetitive. In some weird shit. What was with all the Bible crap that sprung up sporadically, but was connected to nothing?
I suppose reading my introduction here, you probably think that I didn't enjoy this read. You would be wrong. I actually did enjoy this read quite a bit. It just very desperately needs
Missy  G.
Jun 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF

After giving it my best try I decided to give up around 45%. At this point reading has become more mature than an enjoyment. I feel like I've been reading for ever and getting nowhere the flashbacks are becoming monotonous, and overall the book is just entirely too long. I am curious to know what the big twist is that I've been reading about and all the reviews but unfortunately I'm getting out because I just can't force myself to read anymore. I have Sloth, which is the first book in the se
Erica
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get it, Read it, LOVE it!!!!

If you love secrets, suspense, action, love, twists, a strong woman and a sexy bear (love me some Bear!!) READ THIS BOOK!!! I could not put this book down. I read it within 24 hours. Ella will pull you in with her writing until the very end. However, she will leave you with a massive book hangover! I also loved that Kellan and Cleo made an appearance, so we are able to get an update on them from Sloth. Highly recommend!
Amanda tms
I tried

This story had a unique plot line, and was full of mystery, but honestly it didn't do it for me. I had to push myself to get through it. There were too many flashbacks for my taste, it was a little confusing. Also, it was such a slow build up, it was painful. I gave it two stars, because it was so tedious to get through all the flashbacks, but maybe it will suit someone else. It seems like it's not an objectively bad book, just not at all for me. Even a little bit.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved Murder

Barrett Kellan's Brother (remember Kellan from Sloth) well he has a past of his own and it isn't a pretty one.

Loved Gwenna, she is a survivor after a accident that happened. she is trying to live again.

I really didn't know how the book would play out but as with Ella you can never guess what will happen this book another roller coaster of emotions can't wait for book 3
Esther
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Ella James . I love Sloth and that's one of my favorite books . I loved this book to i liked the storyline and the main characters . Although this is the second of the Sinful Secrets Series it's a totally different story than Sloth . Can't wait for the third .
Sophie de Vries (Love Hurts Book Blog)
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I loved sloth, it was brilliant and Murder did not let me down! It was just as brilliant and I loved pig and bear hard. While it was long and at times a little dragged, the story was fantastic and well written. The characters were amazing.
Angela
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start? This book is just so amazingly good. There are so many twists and turns. Ella is such a fantastic story teller and this book blew me away.
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
dnf im about 20% into this book and ive been reading for about 3 hours. i just cant get into the story too many flashbacks and dreams. this book isnt for me
Mary
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF -- I am at 35% and I just cannot get into these characters or this story. There is just a lot of flashbacks and dreams. If I am not into it by now, it probably won't happen so I'm giving up.
Lisa
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
So, before I’d read this book, I’d read Sloth. Which is how it should be since Sloth comes first in the timeline (although I should point out that both books can be read standalone too). Anyway, I really liked Sloth. Which isn’t to say that I didn’t like Murder, its just that when I compare it to Sloth that it doesn’t. Compare that is.

While the story line was good, I found it confusing at first as there were lots of flashbacks and repetition. The characters, Barrett and Gwen were great if maybe
Chelsea Rinn
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Murderous stars for this book by Ella James. I felt murdered after I finished this book -- like I'm so obsessed, I'm pretty much ruined for any other book or author.

I first read Ella James' Covet and became addicted to her style of writing, the depth of the story and characters, and the realness that exists between the lines; deep love stories to last lifetimes, that give you all the feels, with the perfect ratio of hurt and feel-good vibes. This book is no different.

Murder is the story of t
Lynette
Don't worry about the length & enjoy

(That's what she said)
Yes, its long. But it felt like maybe 2 bks I would have read and been mad the first bk stopped abruptly. So think of it as a 2 for 1 if the amount of pages are so bothersome (some reviews had it an issue).
I liked the h & H. And while waiting for the story to unfold, I didn't get the things I hate 1) annoying best friends with loud voices 2) perfect dialog in a characters head but then they say nothing 3) all dominant males must be part C
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Cruelest Stranger
  • Jersey Six
  • The First Score
  • The Best Man
  • For Lila, Forever
  • Naked Love
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Every Breath You Take (Redeeming Love #2)
  • Charmer
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • I Dare You (Truth And Dare Duet, #2)
  • The Lying Games: The Complete Love Games Duet
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • Wicked Games (Fallen Royals, #2)
  • Rockstar (Morgan Brothers, #5)
Ella James is the USA Today + Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of more than twenty books. Ella lives in Colorado with her husband and three kids. When she's not writing, you can find her in the foothills.

Sinful Secrets (4 books)
  • Sloth (Sinful Secrets, #1)
  • Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)
  • Gluttony (Sinful Secrets, #4)

News & Interviews

“Even though you were a warrior, you’re a human being. And you’re strong, but you have a heart. It’s not supposed to be strong, you know? It has to be vulnerable to work.” 0 likes
“There are a thousand things I want. Each begins with going back in time.” —Jill Alexander Essbaum, from The Devastation” 0 likes