Start by marking “But Excuse Me That Is My Book” as Want to Read:
But Excuse Me That Is My Book

But Excuse Me That Is My Book

(Charlie & Lola)

Charlie and Lola have already won the hearts of readers in three winning books, including I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed. And now they re quickly gathering more fans as an animated series on the Disney Channel.Adorably true-to-childhood and laugh-out-loud funny, Charlie and Lola chronicles the day-to-day moments and interactions in the life of two extremely endea ...more
Library Binding, 32 pages
Published January 19th 2006 by Dial Books for Young Readers (first published October 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about But Excuse Me That Is My Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about But Excuse Me That Is My Book

Kelli
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute books for children. Loved revisiting them this Christmas.
Becky
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I personally enjoy the Charlie and lola collection book and how they are written in the way children speak. ‘But excuse me that is my book’ is about lola going to the library with her big brother Charlie. Lola is excited about reading her favourite book ‘beetles bugs and butterflies' yet that excitement soon disappears when she realises that someone else has taken her book. Charlie tries his hardest to persuade lola to read a different book but lola cannot understand why someone has taken her bo ...more
Gerry
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can one possibly resist a book with such a title? I certainly could not for I will quite happily say to anyone who tries to intervene, 'THAT is MY book', in other words 'leave it alone'!

Charlie and Lola are brother and sister and Lola loves reading books. However, there is one book that she regards as really special, or in her own words, 'extra specially special'. That book is entitled 'Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies' and her Dad says that he will take her to the library to borrow a copy.

Char
J-Lynn Van Pelt
This book would be a fun read aloud in the library because it talks about how a library works, and the rules of the library, as well as the joy of finding books on all sorts of topics. The author also does a good job of capturing a young child's obsession with a specific book and reluctance to try something new. But, her older brother Charlie is patient and helps her find a new topic to read.

The pictures are mixed media collage. They combine real pictures with layers of textured paper. The main
Niamh
Sep 20, 2011 added it

Charlie and Lola- But excuse me that is my book
By Lauren Child

The Charlie and Lola books have taken the world by storm in recent times extending from its Disney channel fame and also previous children’s books written by Lauren Child. The story commences when Lola and Charlie want to go to the library so Lola can take out her favourite book "Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies". However the book Lola always gets is not there and here is where the plot goes a little wrong. Lola keeps on going on and on
Marion Jacobs
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book! As an adult I myself quite enjoyed it. The book is about Lola and her brother Charlie going to the library. Lola is on a mission to find her most favourite book ever 'beetles bugs and butterflies' however another girl in the library has decided to read the book. Charlie aims at helping Lola find a different book to read by finding out what kind of book she may really like. In the end Charlie finds her a book about Monkeys and Chimps and Lola says she will give it a read ...more
Chlöe
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this Charlie and Lola book on my little cousin's book shelf. Upon asking my 10 year old cousin and her best friend as to why this book was good they both responded that it was interesting and good for younger children. Whilst I agree with them, I feel that you can get so much more use out of this great read!

Lola is excited to go to the library and get her favourite book, "Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies". However, when Charlie and Lola arrive at the library the book is nowhere to be found.
Aisha
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Lauren Child’s ‘But excuse me that is my book’ is part of the popular children’s TV series ‘Charlie and Lola.’ It follows the life of big brother Charlie and his little sister Lola. In this particular book, Charlie and Lola go to the library to take out Lola’s favourite story ‘Bugs, Beetles and Butterflies’, but she is disappointed when another child has already taken it out.

The book is suitable for KS1 children as it does not contain too much writing and is heavily reliant on the illustrations
Michele
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lower elementary kids, school librarians
This is a great book to read to kindergartners at the beginning of a school year. This book is all about sharing library books and understanding that there are many options for choosing a book!

Many of my kindergarteners are still crying when they do not get the book they want because someone else got it first. This book helps them understand the library as a place where share and take turns.

The characters of this book are featured in a popular kids' television show, which I have never seen. Rega
Joelle
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love books about books and libraries! So often children visit the library and read the same beloved book over and over again. Lola's plight--feeling like a book belongs to her because she loves it!-- will be familiar to many readers. Ultimately her decision to read a new book will empower young readers to follow suit. The book also touches in library etiquette in a funny and approachable way. A great read!
Heidi-Marie
These pictures and the format of the book always seem like they'll be a turn-off tome. But I can't help liking both. And liking Charlie and Lola. Lola is very much like many children I come across, and it's funny to see her come around. And nice to see how patient and helpful Charlie is trying to be. I especially love that he's conducting a Reference Interview with a very certain (aka stubborn) person. Been there and done that--lots!!
AMY
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grade 1-3
Great story about saving for later. I love how sweet Charlie is, taking care and being a great example to his little sister. I loved the illustrations and cool collages. Highly recommended Gr. 1-3.
Stefanie Burns
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This would be a fun book to read aloud! Lola gets excited, upset, almost frantic and I can just imagine reading the story aloud in her voice. If the students aren't familiar with the Charlie and Lola books, it would be best to introduce them first. The illustrations are in the style of the other books in this "series." I especially like the page when they first start looking for the book on the shelves. It is a images of real books on top of the artwork.

Not an essential read aloud for library cl
Arminzerella
Helena's Library
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I enjoy the Charlie & Lola books very much and this is one of the best ones.
It's very funny to read out loud as Charlie tries to convince Lola to pick a different book from the library - but all Lola wants to read is her favourite "Beetles, Bugs & Butterflies". Their dialogue and Lola's descriptions of why she loves the book so much are very entertaining.
The drawing style is original but a bit of an acquired taste - a collage of real pictures, simple drawings and other s
Amanda
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Nicola
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Miss 2 LOVES Charlie & Lola so this is another book read from the list. We try to order different ones from the library.

Lola's favorite book is called "Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies". She is really upset when they go to the library and she can't get the BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD and is angry that someone else is reading it. Cue Charlie explaining the concept of the library (and borrowed books), suggesting other books, and finally finding one which Lola likes even better.
Katie Bruff
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
In "Charlie and Lola," Charlie makes Lola recycle her toys and not throw them away. Lola finds a recycling competition, and if she can recycle 100 plastic, metal she can have her own live tree to plant in the yard. She only has a limited time to complete this task, and her friends help out. This teaches young children that recycling is a very good thing, and you want to try to recycle every chance you get.
Hannah Kirk
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-230
This was a very fun and silly book about a young girl named Lola who just wants to read her book but can't find it so her older brother Charlie helps find some other interesting books. I think this is a cute book with some very interesting art style. It teaches a cute lesson about how it's okay to try new things.
M Lee
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about two sisters. the younger sister Lola wants a book from the library called beetle bug and butterfly. She said that is her book but it belongs to the library. Finally she finds another book call cheetahs and chimpanzee and she likes it.
Moira Brennan
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was my childhood. It was my favourite show on the television and when I stumbled upon all my childhood books it brought back so many memories. Lauren Child was the first author I was obsessed with and I want to thank her for giving me so many amazing memories.
Lindsay
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sadie-s-loves
One of Sadie’s favorites
Kelly
Lola and Charlie are going to the library and Lola wants to get her favorite book. She doesn't understand when it's not there, but Charlie tries to explain it to her.
Lisa
Shelves: bedtime-reads
First book of the year!
Melissa Hamm
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this just for fun and nostalgic reasons. A great book for kids and all readers.
时间的玫瑰
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
然后长大了就变成But Excuse Me That Is My Man
Pamela Powell
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorable illustrations. Charlie tells the reader about his little sister Lola and her favorite book. Lola wants to check this book out from the library but someone else has it... what will she do??
Karol
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can totally relate to having a favorite book and also trying to encourage someone else to look for a different book that can be just as intriguing.
Carina
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
As soon as my mom finished reading this book to me, I said, "Read it again!" If that doesn't make you read this book, I don't know what will! A book about books and going to the library is always great. I know just what Lola feels like when she wants to check out her favorite book and it's not there. It's hard to share with others sometimes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stella Louella's Runaway Book
  • Book! Book! Book!
  • Library Lil
  • Lola at the Library
  • The Library Dragon
  • Miss Brooks Loves Books! (And I Don't)
  • Miss Dorothy and Her Bookmobile
  • The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians
  • Quiet! There's a Canary in the Library
  • I Took My Frog to the Library
  • Born to Read
  • A World to Explore (Library Mouse #3)
  • That Book Woman
  • Dog Loves Books
  • Library Lion
  • The Little Red Fish
  • The Library
  • How a Book Is Made
Lauren Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, where Lauren admits that she did not learn much, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which caree ...more

Charlie & Lola (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
  • I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Snow Is My Favorite and My Best (Charlie and Lola)
  • My Wobbly Tooth Must Not Ever Never Fall Out
  • I've Won, No I've Won, No I've Won
  • We honestly CAN look after your dog
  • I'm really ever so not well
  • Whoops! But It Wasn't Me