Start by marking “Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now (Clarice Bean, #7)” as Want to Read:
Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now (Clarice Bean, #7)

Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now

(Clarice Bean #7)

Always remember: It's the worry you have not even thought to worry about that should worry you the most.
Clarice Bean has a list of worries, such as Worry No.19: Robert Granger-will he ever leave her alone? Or Worry No. 9: largish spiders. But lately, Worry No. 3: change, and how it sometimes comes along when you least expect it.
252 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now, please sign up.
Maryam She is a new girl at Clarices' school.…moreShe is a new girl at Clarices' school.(less)

Start your review of Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now (Clarice Bean, #7)
Mark Lawrence
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A really excellent book that me and Celyn (8) love. It's a funny book, written present tense, first person, from the point of view of a earnest, enthusiastic, off-the-wall, little girl with an interesting family around her. This is good, powerful writing that manages pathos and humour on many levels so that neither the adult reading or a child listening have a chance to get bored(Celyn would read it herself but is hampered by poor sight and other disabilities).

As with Child's other Clarice Bean
☙ nemo ❧ (pagesandprozac)
i blame this book for at least 99% of my existentialist, nihilist thoughts as a child
Jacoba
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now by Lauren Child (2008)
Genre: Fictopm
Format: Book
Plot summary:"The Ruby Redfort Survival Handbook" is full of useful information for getting out of tricky situations, but will it help Clarice Bean resolve her list of "worst worries"?
Considerations or precautions for readers advisory (strong language, sex, death, religious overtones, violence, etc.): NO special considerations
Review citation (if available): Lynda Waterhouse. School Librarian Spring 2007 v55 i1 p23(1)
Se
Georgia
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-gems
On my phone, it's 23:32 and I need a comfort read. Instead of reading Curious Incident for the 10th time, I decided to switch things up.

I open the first page...
For a long time I used to go to bed early
But now I go to bed late.
I am not sleeping at night
And I wake up in the dark
And my mind is thinking and spinning
And I start to go into a panic

...just wow! I needed this book right now.

This either was the best or worst book to pick up in the middle of a crappy night since this is basically middl
ash
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved these books so much when I was younger, and I still love them now! I've re-read them recently, and they still have the same effect; they're funny, and well written, and the illustrations are just the icing on the cake! And I love Clarice Bean so much, she's got a great personality. I grew up on these books, and I've read them so many times, but i'll never get tired of them! ...more
Katie
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is the meaning of fabulous!
Ivana Caroline1912
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
perfect
Miss Ryoko
May 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow! This Clarice Bean book is really quite serious compared to the others. At first, this kind of threw me off... I wasn't enjoying it as much as the other ones because it had a more serious tone so it was lacking the witty remarks that make me love these books and Lauren Child's sense of writing. However, at the same time, I was enjoying the story because it had such a real-ness to it. I really liked that Clarice Bean was struggling through the things going on in her life and was feeling sort ...more
Melissa
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Finally a book that deals with anxiety and worry for children. I laughed and cried in this book. I loved this book. I love Lauren too! So many novels for primary school readers are about rubbish, but this book manages to deal with serious issues with Laurens trademark unforced humor. I really relate to Clarice Bean and she is a bit of a hero to me too.
Akahayla
Loved it!! I had got this book signed by the author about three years ago and I finally got around to reading it.

I was a huge fan of Charlie and Lola as a child and this book makes me want to read all of Clarice Bean. Who cares that I'm an adult??

This book was so innocent and child-like, and sweet and intelligent and ugh I'm in love!
Naomi Payne
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this to my 7 year old daughter. She was a bit upset when everything went wrong in the middle section of the book and didn’t want to finish it, but I reassured her it was all going to work out (as it’s aimed at her age group)! She enjoyed the end, and I think she took on board the “don’t lose sleep worrying” message.
Rose Behar
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
It was utterly lovely. I had previously read her second Ruby Redfort spy novel, which is actually a character that stems from the Clarice Bean books, so I did it backwards. Although I am a huge lover of all detective and spy stories, I think objectively this more down-to-earth tale was better.

It featured a very compelling protagonist who faces not only middle school drama, but also ponders some pretty deep stuff i.e. infinity and “how do I get bad thoughts out of my head.” I was always a worried
Cher
Jun 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Lynda Barry & Beverly Cleary
Shelves: children-s
Wow, Clarice is getting all existential in this book, just the way I did at about her age. She writes lists of things to worry about and what ifs. I'm thinking this book is later in the series, as there are some graphics but no drawings, and I seem to have missed a few happenings between this and the first Clarice book I read least week. This book is far more serious but reads in the same hilarious voice. Since I snuck a peak at the ending, I can say that it ends on a hopeful note. This book jus ...more
Sharon
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this to read to my 9 year-old niece who, as it turns out, is a somewhat similar character coincidentally experiencing similar issues. The cover caught my eye and the synopsis sounded like something she's enjoy.

She really liked it and it touched the heavy stuff without losing it's humor and charm. Even her 6 year-old sister had a good time sitting in and listening to it!

While they might fall slightly below the true target age, they got it, related a little bit to it and had fun with it
Siobhan
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ohmygod so this was my favourite book (after Utterly Me, Clarice Bean which I'll review someday also) when I was 9 years old and in need of a break from lots of serious reading and thinking about dismantling and reconstructing the art world, specifically the gallery - I decided to give it a reread.

What I have to say about that is that was an Incredible decision and this is an Incredible book. A non stop warm fuzzies kinda book. Here we find Clarice Bean surrounded by all her worst worries which
Madeline O'Rourke
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: unhauled
I found Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now amongst my storage items when I moved back to Australia, so I thought I'd give it another read all these years after I first read it.

This story, for it's intended age group, is surprisingly dark and nihilistic. Honestly it has really somber overtones throughout the entire story, and though it doesn't bother me, it was completely unexpected of a children's/middle grade novel. I did, however, enjoy the little touches of Clarice's relationships with such varyin
Robert Day
chooksandbooksnz
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Clarice Bean, Don’t Look Now - Lauren Child

Clarice Bean does it again! This is the last CB book in my TBR and I’m a little sad about it. They have been the perfect in-between reads that require minimal effort.

Although Clarice is aimed at 8-12year old kids- as an adult it’s so cool reflecting on the lessons she taught me as a kid and reinforcing them in a fun and entertaining way!

Clarice deals with an array of problems in this book- her best friend moves to America, her house is in disarray due
Victoria
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is one I have read several times religiously when I was younger, but reading it now has changed so many things for me. The slight ridiculousness of the novel mixed with its relatable truths actually made the novel even more important to me. Clarice Bean is a young girl who is just trying to live her life with her strange family and it seems that her favourite TV character, Ruby Redfort, is the only one trying to help her. She follows her spy guide to the T, using its tips and tricks t ...more
Katia
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Found this in a Charity shop for £1 and i knew i had to buy it.
This was a very important book for younger me, my sister would get so annoyed with me bc of the number of times i borrowed it from her haha

re-reading it was so nostalgic, i kept getting flashbacks to how i felt when i would read and re-read it all those years ago. How much i wanted to be like Clarice, wanted a secret compartment to store my books/notebooks, so much so that i carved a hole in the top of my door. I wanted a white radio
Chloe W
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Humorous story of childhood school days and friends. Funny descriptions and great dialogue. Vivid emotions from protagonist, makes me feel the same way! Parting of ways does not mean isolation forever. Sometimes, friendship is long-coming, and Clarice Bean understands at the end of the story. I recommend this book to those who are in distress of friendship.
Courtney Umlauf
Plenty of great themes and issues are dealt with in this installment of the Clarice Bean series, and her unique voice is as fresh and entertaining as it always has been. I felt maybe it could have been a bit shorter, but overall it was enjoyable.

TpT Store | Pinterest
Richard Pierce
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
My smallest room reading. A delight. Reading books for youngsters gives old people like me a great insight.
megan ♡
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Used to love Clarice Bean as a kid! I was obsessed with it
Alice Hannah Bates
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best clarice book yet but soooooooooooooooooooooooo sad when betty goes 😣😣😣😣
Sofia
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was relatable and easy to read. Good book
ryan liau
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
when i was like 7 or 8 i remember i would read this book just bc i liked the cover. it was ight.
Becky
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clarice and uncle Ted are moods
Devon Flaherty
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Clarice Bean trilogy by Lauren Child, published from 1999-2006. The series includes, in order, Utterly Me Clarice Bean, Clarice Bean Spells Trouble, and Clarice Bean Don’t Look Now. There are three more books related to the series, but they are picture books and I did not read them.

Best I can decipher, Child started her uber-English writing career with the invention of the Clarice Bean character, but a year later had caught the world’s attention with the first Charlie and Lola book. Now, all
Hannah Rachel Potter
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If the author of this book sounds familiar to you, I’m guessing you probably have at least one fan of Charlie and Lola in your house. Chipmunk was around two or three when that show started on CBeebies, and he became hooked right away. He couldn’t get enough of the TV show, the books, the DVDs – everything! The idea was as old as the hills, but Child’s take on the brother/sister relationship was so fresh and new – and funny!

Chipmunk still likes Charlie and Lola but, at seven (and with a reading
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • Second Form at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #2)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Family, Friends and Furry Creatures (Tom Gates #12)
  • Upper Fourth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #4)
  • Basi Dertte
  • First Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #1)
  • Third Year at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #3)
  • In the Fifth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #5)
  • Top of the Class (Nearly) (Tom Gates, #9)
  • The Last Secret (Scarlet and Ivy, #6)
  • Tom Gates is Absolutely Fantastic [at Some Things] (Tom Gates, #5)
  • Judy Moody Goes to College (Judy Moody, #8)
  • An Eagle in the Snow
  • The O'Sullivan Twins
Lauren Child MBE is an English author and illustrator. She was the UK Children's Laureate from 2017-19.

Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, she travelled

Clarice Bean (7 books)
  • Clarice Bean, That's Me!
  • My Uncle Is a Hunkle, Says Clarice Bean
  • Clarice Bean, Guess Who's Babysitting?
  • What Planet Are You From, Clarice Bean?
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean