Start by marking “Sins of Sevin” as Want to Read:
Sins of Sevin

Sins of Sevin

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  4,453 Ratings  ·  730 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new forbidden STANDALONE romance.

What happens when the one you want is the only one you can’t have?

My name is Sevin.

Homeschooled and sheltered by my ultra-religious family, I was always taught that lust was a sin.

Elle was the girl who’d been carefully chosen for me.

After a long-distance courtship, I’d be mo
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 291 pages
Published September 19th 2015 by Penelope Ward (first published September 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of Sevin, please sign up.

Penelope Ward Sorry...just saw this! Yes...this is alternating points of view. :-)
Penelope Ward I am hoping there will be! If there is, it probably won't be out for about six months. :-)

Jennifer Kyle
Mar 23, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
2.75 Stars

"He was my truth. Even if that made me a sinner."

The story as a whole,

Sevin,the hero…

description

The story is centered around Duggar-type Christians. Sevin gets a proposition by family friends to move to their home and court their daughter. This courting would thereafter mean marrying our hero. Elle’s father promises him a home and a bright future, as the head of his meat company. The twist to the story is the fact that Sevin falls for his other daughter, Evangeline.

”You can't choose love. It c
Candace
It's hard to know where to start with this one. I had a very "love/hate" relationship with this story. I wanted so badly for everything to work out for Sevin and Evangeline. Yet, I hated the way that everything played out. I haven't felt this conflicted in a long time when reading a book.

First off, if cheating is a deal-breaker for you, this story is one to steer clear of. The entire story is about the secret love affair between Evangeline and Sevin, the young man promised to marry her sister, E
Jasmine
2 Stars!

Basically me the entire time while I read this book:

And to sum up my feelings for this hero:

Okay to be honest I picked this up for the whole forbidden romance thing going on based on the blurb and call me guilty on that account. I knew I was headed for disaster when the book starts off with the hero having sex on a Sunday morning service in his church. Did I also mention he was totally banging his pastor's wife on that very holy morning? It doesn't get any sinner than that!

There were jus
Ramona
Nov 20, 2016 Ramona rated it really liked it

Looking back at my reluctance of reading this book, I don't understand why I acted this way.. maybe because I've read the blurb and found out there was some cheating involved, but you know the rule: Don't judge!!

Sins of Sevin was an emotional experience for me, with mixed feelings involved: love, hate, anger, duty, betrayal and drama.

Sevin doesn't find his place in the life he has. After his father sudden death, he is faced with no choice than to leave his step-family and begin a new life. He
Penelope Ward
Mar 13, 2015 Penelope Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
SINS OF SEVIN IS LIVE on AMAZON!! *Lowest Price of 2015

photo Sins teaser 2_zpsiyjvo17z.jpg
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

NEW COVER ALERT!
Cover model: Chase Mattson
[discreetly adds name to “to be stalked” list]

Stand-alone.
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
What happens when the one you want is the only one you can’t have?
My name is Sevin.
Elle was the girl who’d been carefully chosen for me.
After a long-distance courtship, I’d be moving into her family’s guesthouse so that we could get t
Judith
Sep 23, 2015 Judith rated it really liked it
"You're my truth.Everything else is a lie"

Sevin comes from a devout Christian family.He has a lot of anger in him,he feels suffocated and is desperate to leave home.When a tragedy strikes he is more determined than ever to get away.
An opportunity comes in the form of an interesting proposition from a friend of his fathers.Move away and get trained in the business....however there is a stipulation...he must'court' one of his daughters and eventually marry her.He is conflicted but Elle is pret
warhawke
Sep 23, 2015 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Sevin Montgomery’s life was going downhill. To escape the rigid religious upbringing of his family, he decided to move away when an opportunity presented itself.

Even though growing up in an ultra religious family, Evangeline Sutton was a free spirit with hopes and dreams for the future. A chance encounter with a sexy stranger brought feelings she never had before. The problem was, he’s there to be her sister’ husband.

F
Vi Keeland
Mar 15, 2015 Vi Keeland rated it it was amazing
SINS IS LIVE!
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1KZtW9O
iTunes: http://apple.co/1K8mzGg
B&N: http://bit.ly/1hTKAKE
kobo: http://bit.ly/1OaGY3D

I just finished Sins of Sevin. I’ve been sitting here trying to think of words to describe what this book did to me. It’s like no other book Penelope has ever written. Words don’t do it justice. It is the most beautifully poignant book I’ve read in a long time. Yet somehow, she managed to make it a romance still.

It was devastating.
It was epic.
It was exhausting.
Do
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 13, 2015 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Oooooh, this is intriguing!!!

From the New York Times Bestselling author of Stepbrother Dearest, comes a new kind of forbidden love story

Matthew 5:28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

What happens when the one you want
is the only one you can’t have?

FULL BLURB AND COVER TO COME.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
♦ 4.5 "Too Much" Stars! ♦

photo Sins of Sevin - Penelope Ward_zpsqa0zrf14.png

I had been I little bit hesitant to start Penelope Ward's new book because I saw the different and mixed reviews about it. However, I am glad I finally decided to read it because, for me, it was a gret read!

Ward's writing has become one of my favourites (especially after reading her collaboration with Vi Keeland, Cocky Bastard) and Sins of Sevin was no exception. The story is about Sevin Montgomery (a young man who hasn't experienced love and decides to marry so he can
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

This book will teach me to not be such a coverwhore and Just.Read.The.Freakin'.Blurb! Ugh...I don't think I will ever learn! ~sigh~ But to be fair...we are talking about a Penelope Ward book so I had high hopes.

Anyway, the 'weird' factor is the ultra religious practices...that would have been a big clue. Not that the religion is overwhelming...it's more into that arranged marriages, no touching and having escorts when you go anywhere. Just enough to make things awkward.

As if things are
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 13, 2015 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing
description

“I have so much love inside of me that’s all yours, and it’s been trapped inside. I need to give it to you, because holding it in is killing me. I know your heart belongs to me. But I’m selfish. I want all of you. I want you.”

We’re overcome with emotion! What twists! What turns! What a story! Oh our hearts! This is one of those times we are going to beg you to trust us and trust the author, to leave your preconceived ideas at the door and go into this book blind, letting the story and the auth
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 21, 2015 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it it was amazing
I hate crying. I'm sick of crying but still I can't stop myself reading like this stories...

Buuut I loved this book so much. That end was so freaking beautiful. Ugh it made me cry like a baby.. Dammit, I'm such a hopeless romantic... :(

Nastassja
Sep 21, 2015 Nastassja rated it did not like it
DNF at about 50%

I had a feeling that reading this book would be a bad idea. I should've listened to this feeling.

In front of us another NA "masterpiece". Sinful and chiseled in every way male species who falls for his fiancée's sister, because she is so beautify and understands him better than anyone. They beat around the bush half the book, thinking how bad is to want someone you shouldn't. And all this time I couldn't comprehend why the heck not to cancel the wedding? He did not impregnate th

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝
Wow, this was a record read. That happens when you start skimming. I did the characters.
But ooo boy, this is seriously one most depressing story to read.

Definitely this book holds potential for book funk, so I hope I don't!!!!!

This book is big no for me.

photo tumblr_man06esc9g1rwr0kz.gif

Cheers.
Elle
2* our love is tragedy STARS!
“Don’t you know I’d burn in hell for a single taste of you?”

Aww... Sevin, you're such a naughty boy! Ms. Ward always manage to deliver bad boys in her story. Sevin? Who is he? I've been expect him for 6 months and I hate to say that this kinda sucks. Let me tell you why...

Sevin Montgomery lives with his religious fanatic step-mother. When his father died, a family friend came and offer him bright future that he think it's a golden ticket out from his life.The
Danielle
Nov 27, 2016 Danielle marked it as dnf

DNF at %50

This story had an interesting concept - strict Christian society arranged marriage, but the hero falls in love with his fiance's sister - could have been seriously angsty. But I just found a problem I couldn't look past.

Sevin is a twenty-one-year-old who "sins." Just like everyone else, but his are so pronounced because he lives in a very strict Christian family. And I'm talking like Westboro Baptist Church shit. So, this hero isn't forced to get married - he's a grown man - but he ch
EgyptDiva
Sep 21, 2015 EgyptDiva rated it it was ok
Rating:
First Half : 4.5 stars
Second Half : 0.5 stars

So maybe a 2.5 ??

I did it!! I finished it! I know I can’t believe it myself..

..and while I’m not really up to a full review right now I just want to talk about some points

1- This author can really write in a way that would make you compelled to keep reading even if you're frustrated and I’m pretty sure a lot of people would LOVE this book as long as they don’t mind OW/OM present in the book (MCs sleeping with them) when they’re sure of the M
Sheree

Sevin stars! description

O M G where do I start? A forbidden love story is always one of my favorite reads and this book didn't disappoint, it was epic! Sevin agrees to arranged marriage and moves to his fiancé guest house to court her, thinking it was all for the best.... until he meets the gorgeous Sister Evangeline. The sexual chemistry between Evangeline and Sevin was clearly evident and palpable from their first meeting.

description
“Wanting someone you knew with absolute certainty you could never have was the ver
Bj
Jan 19, 2016 Bj rated it it was amazing
*I gave this audiobook an A- for the story and an A for Aletha George's narration and B+ for Sean Crisden's at AudioGals*

Sins of Sevin hit me right in the “feels” department. Wow, what an emotional and angst-filled forbidden love story riddled with land mines of impossible choices! I couldn’t get enough of this story and devoured it over just two short days. When it was finally over, I felt like a huge ball of tension had been lifted from heart as I was on pins and needles absolutely sure that t
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
DNF @ 23%

My main reason for DNFing was the fact that the writing comes off as corny and explanatory. After reading something so well written before this, it's like i'm reading something my 11 year old daughter wrote.

Apart from that; clichéd characters & the expectation of the hero as a kissless virgin from the blurb.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 21, 2015 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015

Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Emotional!!!! Forbidden and inevitable. This about sums this book up. One of the best forbidden romances I've read lately.
Sevin comes from a strict, religious family. When his father passes away, his stepmother arranges a marriage for him. Elle is beautiful and sweet. Perfect. But she is not her sister Evangeline. Attraction quickly blooms into love. Sevin is ready to sin for Evangeline and she helplessly falls for her sister's boyfriend. Boundaries are overstepped but when tragedy strikes, Evan
 ⊱✿⊰ Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "Penelope Ward" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE:
AUTHOR:
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: September 21st, 2015

MY RATING:

Cray Cray love this author so I have high expectations for this book..This was such an unexpected crazy ride of a read.will write my full review for the tour..
Ellen at Book Bellas
4.5 Emotionally Stunning Stars!!

“He was my truth. Even if that made me a sinner.”

I expect nothing less than total perfection from Penelope Ward and she delivers another very sexy, very emotionally satisfying story with Sins of Sevin. This book is the perfect cure for any kind of book slump you might be in. The characters are all richly written, the story is very different and creative, and the emotions this book inspires will have you wishing you there was more to this story. I did not want it
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
"I want to live the truth. And you're my truth."

I withheld my review until the release hype was over, simply because I didn't want to be a Betty Downer. I expected a different story when reading the synopsis and teasers - don't get me wrong, the story was okay, her writing flowed, but it wasn't like My Skylar or Stepbrother Dearest wow.

I adored Sevin. He is everything I wish for when reading about a guy in books, not so much Evangeline.

"Look how you react to me. Just a simple touch. You thi
Pick a Book
Sep 16, 2015 Pick a Book rated it it was amazing
Trying to hold back my tears. OMG This book was amazing... Beautiful. LOVE IT. I.. don't know what to say. I'll write something later 'cause if I do it now i'll probably start to cry...

-----
5 estrelas mais lindas!

Que livro!

Wow!

Esquece essa sinopse, esquece essa capa. Elas passam uma ideia errônea do livro. Quando você foca neles, acredita que este será nada mais do que somente mais um livro de sexo com amor proibido. E SINS OF SEVIN é muito, muito mais que isso.

Sevin era um garoto que cresceu n
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Ugh, what a beautiful book. I looooved Sevin - such a good and sweet and adorable and HOT person.
I cried sooooo much!!!
PERFECT!!!

(I'm horribly anti-religious - so a bit of the book was so not my thing - but I still loved the story!)

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Aliana Milano
Mar 14, 2015 Aliana Milano rated it it was amazing
Mark my damn words - a badass review of this beauty is soon to f****** come!!! In the meantime, go read it :)
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer ~ Sin of Sevin 9.22 1 26 Sep 22, 2015 12:09AM
  • Sweetest Venom (Virtue, #2)
  • The Delivery
  • Swelter
  • Missing Pieces
  • Out of Time (Nine Minutes, #2)
  • The Dance
  • Takedown Teague (Caged, #1)
  • Star-Crossed
  • Quiet Angel
  • Coast (Kick Push, #2)
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Only You (Second Chances #2)
  • Fisher's Light
  • Ramsay
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau
More about Penelope Ward...

“You’re my truth. Everything else is a lie.” 13 likes
“I want to be loved back as much as I love someone, but I don’t want that relationship to define me. I want to make a difference in the world, but I don’t know how, and that frustrates me to no end. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to make love in the rain someday and…skydive! I want to die knowing that I didn’t live in fear but that I lived life to the fullest with no regrets. I don’t want to feel guilty about being true to myself. I want too much, to the point where sometimes I feel like I’m gonna burst. It’s overwhelming.” 8 likes