Start by marking “Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials: Inspiration for Constructing Tiny Homes Using Salvaged and Reclaimed Supplies” as Want to Read:

Join the tiny house trend!

The tiny house movement is a big trend with a very small footprint. Extremely small house, with less than 1,000 square feet of space, are environmentally friendly, less expensive than typical homes, and often movable. Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials is full of ideas for using reclaimed materials and upcycled goods to construct a tiny
Published May 1st 2016 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials

Start your review of Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials: Inspiration for Constructing Tiny Homes Using Salvaged and Reclaimed Supplies
Megalion
This book is essentially two sections. The first one talks about what tiny homes are and then talks about the ins and outs of trying to match up your house plans to recycled materials. Whatever you are able to find that is. It includes tips and advice about finding the right kind of materials you need.

The second part is many examples of tiny homes built at least in part from recycled materials. A handful of pictures and several pages about the making of.

Examples are easy to find online with th
James
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: tiny house fans
Shelves: non-fiction, diy
Some more inspirational little houses, built from recycled material, some on foundations like the 70 square foot cob house (tiny!). There's an example of a family of 4 living in a 200 square foot home, whoa. I've used recycled wood for smaller projects, if you need utilitarian or funky, it's a cheap or free resource.
Tina
Wonderful!
Plenty of creative inspiration here.
Fits in exactly with a couple of backyard projects I have, though I’m sure the realisation will take a while...
Good, practical design tips and advice and great photos.
R.K. Cowles
a goodreads giveaway book won. another non-fiction with five stars. very insightful book on getting and finding recycled material plus homes that already been erected and their stories and the people that built them. I have always liking something smaller, yet I am looking to make it as a tree house.
Aubrey
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has me so excited to build my tiny house.

I’ve been obsessed with tiny houses for a few years now, and now that I’m in the transition stage of becoming an adult its been having me thinking about it more and more. Tiny houses are so smart. They’re sustainable and eco-friendly. They’re cheap so I wouldn’t have to have a 30 year mortgage. They’re easily moveable (if you have it on wheels). It just seems like the PERFECT option for me for a first home. So, I’ve been reading up on them more
Sam
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
So...this book is basically 34 pages long, because I didn't really need to "talk to tiny house homeowners". Not to mention that a majority of those owners have on-wheel houses, which I am not interested in. It did however feature a house from Wisconsin (where I live), so that was kind of cool.

But that's where my interest ended. Many of those homeowners had connections to various left-over job site materials, which I do not. So yeah, the first 34 pages were really the most useful and most likely
Jarrod
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best of both worlds. This book opens with some of the benefits of working with recycled and salvaged materials and provides the positives and challenges of living in a tiny house. The last section of the book digs in to some of the variations on the theme and allows you to get a feel for all of the work and love that goes into the planning and construction phase.
Samantha
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this book was more of a coffee table book than something actually helpful. I found several other books in this series much more practically useful. I did see a few ideas that I hadn't seen before, so that was good.
Corey Harrill
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book for any individual that wants to get inspired for environmentally conscious living.
Adrian Perez
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a must read if you want to build a tiny house and want to lower costs when building it yourself!
Tiquila Mcneill
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Useful to get you started.
Chanel
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent collection of tiny houses and tips on how to build one of them:)
Mckinley
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
LIke that each house has floor plans and info about along wth the text and pictures.
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
#poppyreads2017
Leah
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Part II of Tiny Houses Built with Recycle Materials is a must-read for any tiny house dreamer! There you'll find the stories of 20 tiny house owner-builders who used a large percentage of recycled materials in their houses. Each story begins with an exterior photo, a floor plan of the house, and a breakdown of its utilities. There's also a few additional photos worked in throughout the story. (I won't deny being a little disappointed that not everyone included interior photos.) While Part II is ...more
Sarah Capps
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautifully put together. Many people who are looking at tiny houses are not only hoping to find a lower cost of living there, but also to make a smaller environmental footprint. Mitchell and those who share their homes in this book share what they did as well as the pros and cons of both the process and tiny home living. Well done!

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Peggy
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is such an informative little book on tiny houses. It shows wonderful ideas that can actually be used in any home. Tiny homes are a growing trend, and this book shows you that it is possible to create a home using recycled materials. It touches on everything that would provide for you needs and comfort in a tiny house.
bibliotekker Holman
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The tiny house movement fascinates me because of its efficient use of space and recycled materials. It is a microcosm that provides inspiration to maximize bigger spaces. This book has great photographs in conjunction with 20 tiny house case studies that provide food for thought.
Kristy
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, houses
So fun and creative!
Cyn
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book with lots of cute decoration ideas if you are considering building a tiny house.

This book would be a nice gift.
Marie Onyett
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked the inside views and bonus floor plans.
Kim Hamilton
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am just obsessed with this book. Some really awesome homes are showcased! This is a fabulous gift for anyone interested in architecture or just unique spaces in general!
Melanie Wilson
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I keep going back to this book. Love it.
Carly
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource for those looking to actually get advice and ideas for a tiny house of their own.
Carl
Jul 19, 2019
Theresa
Aug 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Tiny Houses Built with Recycled Materials - 4 stars 1 9 Jul 22, 2016 06:56PM

• Tiny House Designing, Building, & Living
  • 150 Best Tiny Home Ideas
  • Tin Can Homestead: The Art of Airstream Living
  • Tiny Homes on the Move: Wheels and Water
  • Country Living Tiny Homes: Living Big in Small Spaces
  • Homesteading: A Backyard Guide to Growing Your Own Food, Canning, Keeping Chickens, Generating Your Own Energy, Crafting, Herbal Medicine, and More
  • Micro Living: 40 Innovative Tiny Houses Equipped for Full-Time Living, in 400 Square Feet or Less
  • Skoolie!: How to Convert a School Bus or Van into a Tiny Home or Recreational Vehicle
  • Tiny House Design & Construction Guide
  • Eco House Book
  • Small Houses
  • She Sheds: A Room of Your Own
  • Me
  • When Sadness Is at Your Door
  • Urban Homesteading: Heirloom Skills for Sustainable Living
  • 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead: A Hands-on, Step-by-Step Sustainable-Living Guide
  • I Am Still Alive
  • Microshelters: 59 Creative Cabins, Tiny Houses, Tree Houses, and Other Small Structures