Start by marking “Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book

Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Who's under the hat? Is that you? PEEK-A-BOO! I see you!

This adorable book with fun, interactive flaps begs the youngest and eldest of readers to play along! The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps are perfect for parents and children to share.

Look for other Karen Katz books at your favorite store!
Board Book, 14 pages
Published June 5th 2007 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Peek-a-Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peek-a-Baby

Abbi Dion
Supes cute. Fun to read out loud, makes baby Linnea (4 mos) giggle/cough/make a noise of some variety.
Yu
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: luke-read
the flaps are all gone by now. But my 14-month-old still love the baby faces in it.
Deniece Nance
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mini-libary
I really love this book . As a future early childhood teacher I would love to read this book to my students. I enjoy the idea of the book of the peek a boo baby. I work in a daycare and I play peek a boo with my student all the time . I plain on reading this book to my students , just so that I can see there smile.
Rachael
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1kbbk
I love the Brooklyn Public Library! Lately my son has enjoyed playing peek-a-boo so I put this title on hold and checked it out of the library but I realized when I got home that several of the flaps were missing which sorta defeats the fun of peek-a-boo :) Our local library often gives babies and kids free books when they attend story time and since we are there every day we have amassed a small library of books from this program. Anyway I was so thrilled when they gave us a brand new copy of t ...more
Parthena
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Babies who can't hold their own books
Shelves: a-mama-s-review, 2011
Originality: 4
Illustrations: 5
Story: 4
BooBoo: 2

I think this is a fun book. But it's the very gimmick of this book that makes it inappropriate for little ones. This book has pop-up and movable pages. This is fun when you are reading to a child. It is not fun for the parent of a child who can easily destroy such a book. Once children are old enough to hold their own books they have a tendency to accidentally rip pages. That's why board books are ideal and books with pop-ups and flaps are not.

Angie Simmonds
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A simply adorable lift the flap book about a baby playing peek a boo. "Who is that behind the curtains?" asks the mommy, peek-a-boo I see you! She goes on to find the baby hiding behind a ball, a cowboy hat and laundry hanging on the line. The only thing that would have made this book better was if there had been a little notch to help find a place for little ones to lift the flap as a few of them my granddaughter had a hard time being able to do it on her own.
Libby
Mar 05, 2013 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This lift-the-flap, interactive picture book is age appropriate for children, 0-12 months, who enjoy playing activities. Play activities, as well as reading and talking, engage both baby’s senses and body to nurture the literacy, social and emotional development of the baby. As ¡Cu-cu, Bebe!: Un Libro de Solapas Interactivas y Divertidas is read, the child’s phonological awareness and narrative skills are promoted with each interaction and the use of hand motions. ...more
Kandice
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mackers, easy-reading
Once again, Katz captures Mackers' heart with "Boo-Peek" (as he calls it). This book has colourful illustrations of babies hiding behind/under common objects. Toddlers can actively participate by not only turning the pages, but also lifting the flaps. Unfortunately, the flimsy flaps can be easily torn off so supervision is recommended.
Lisa
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm not sure if we liked this or not because most of the flaps were missing... And the beach ball was taped back in where the teddy bear should be. Come on Children's Library! Fix it, toss it, or replace.
Stephanie
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My 5 month-old LOVES this book. She kicks her legs and gets so excited if she so much as sees it. She gets cranky and cries sometimes when I try to put it away. She loves reaching for the flaps that are hiding the babies underneath. Great for any baby who loves peek-a-boo.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
one of my son's favorite books. i love it too. it's interactive...baby faces are hidden behind objects that lift up as flaps. each time i lift up the flap and say "peek-a-boo!" my son starts squealing. :) priceless.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
not quite as good for Emma right now. but I know she'll like it as she gets older.

update for Emma, you can totally tell that they do peek a boo at primrose. she giggled and lifted her hands to her face every time I said peek a boo to her. may, 2013
bubblebee
Sep 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Another book read before bedtime. Nat smiles when he sees the baby faces. It's like he's literally playing Peek-a-boo with them. A baisc lift the flap book for little ones.
Hope
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: georgia-s-books
This is Georgia's favorite bedtime book. She is almost 8 months and knows that there are little faces hiding behind the flaps in the book. She cracks up when I say, "Peek-a-Boo."
Jesi Rose
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
My 2 year old daughter loves this book and I'm still trying to figure out why. Our version has almost every flap torn off and she still wants it all the time.
Wench
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, baby-of-wench, 2015, 2016
This book is so well-loved all of the flaps have had to be re-attached, and some have had to be taped together.
Beloved Girl
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j1-j3
I read five Karen Katz's Lift the flat books in a row. And I thought it was like peekaboo. It was right. This book proves it.
Melissa
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great for babies as they peek through colorful pictures to identify different children.
Amy
Mar 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great for baby & toddler peek-a-boo!
Samantha
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A perfect storytime book for the very littlest ones! Inventive lift the flap scenarios make for a satisfying peek-a-boo board book!
Camie
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
My husband hates this book, but my son loves it, so that's all that matters. I love how suspenseful it is. I never know who's hiding under the hat or behind the umbrella...
Casandria
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby, picture
A perfect library babies book! Even though it's a board book and rather small. The faces are big enough to grab their attention.
Melissa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
El loves these lift-the-flap books. Peekaboo! She smiles and laughs every time.
Mallory Hall
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: babies, toddlers
I believe the record on this book for consecutive reads is currently held by husband at 13. And that is with two of the flaps missing.
Aspasia
Aug 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-aidan
This made my son giggle.
Robert
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a simple flip book. The images are big, bold and colorful. Little ones enjoy lifting the flaps on every other page. This is a peek-a-boo book.

Cute.
Molly
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
A cute lift and flap book with babies hiding in various places.
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Karen Katz knocks it out of the park again. Read it cover to cover in just minutes! Peek-a-baby is a phrase you'll still here at our house.
Margarita
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sofia
One of my daughter's favourites!
Chels
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My kids LOVE this book!
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • How Do You Make a Baby Smile?
  • Old Mother Hubbard
  • Happy Birthday, Little Pookie
  • Duck & Goose, 1, 2, 3
  • Hurry! Hurry!
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • B is for Bear: A Very First Book for the Baby You Love
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • Global Babies
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...