Start by marking “Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?” as Want to Read:
Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?

Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  28 reviews

In Karen Katz's distinctive style, an adorable baby searches throughout the house for her pumpkin. Is the pumpkin under the leaves, behind the curtain, under the bed? NO! But Baby finds many other surprises as a ghost, a witch's hat, cute-as-a-button bats, and candy apples are
Board Book, 14 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?

Pumpkin Soup by Helen CooperHow Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? by Margaret McNamaraPumpkin Jack by Will HubbellToo Many Pumpkins by Linda WhiteThe Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
Picture Books About Pumpkins
15th out of 100 books — 10 voters
Flowers for Grandmother by Kendahl Brooke YoungsDaddy Hugs by Karen KatzDaddy Kisses by Anne GutmanIf I Could Keep You Little... by Marianne RichmondOn the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
A Mighty Girl Book List 0-2yr old
51st out of 72 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie Riggsby
review published on Mundie Kids on 10/24/2011*

I absolutely fell in love with Karen Katz' illustrations when my kids were babies and preschoolers. So much so, that there is hardly a book of hers that we didn't own. I'm so glad that this one's still being sold.

If you have a baby or a preschooler in the house, this is a perfect book to read with them. I used to tell my kids when to lift the flap (or just plain tear it off...lots of these books are gently tape
Linda Branich
This sturdy lift-the-flaps board book is perfect for toddlers to "read" with another person. Baby is looking for his pumpkin. Under the flaps are cats, ghosts, sparkly bats, candied apples, and a witch's hat, and an assortment of all those things. It is a fun interactive book for Halloween.
Libby
Jul 27, 2011 Libby added it
This is a very sweet book and I read this book to my niece when she was 6 months old. She came to my house and she liked seeing the colorful pictures and liked when I lifted the flaps and when I got to the last page she enjoyed the book and my nice loved how baby kept searching for her pumpkin. I gave this book to my niece when she had was going to her first fall festival. This is a very cute book and I recommend it to young children that are 2, 3 or 4 years old. The child will learn to help sea ...more
Dustin
Good book to teach my daughter not to tear books, especially pop up books. It's interactive and that's nice.
Bonnie
Cute hands on Halloween book for a toddler.
Alex
Emelia really likes this book
Serhiy
candied apples! yum!
Heidi
Needed a toddler-age Halloween theme--and fast! Found this in the board books. Should work!

10/28/13: lift the flap never fails. :-)
jacky
Sep 15, 2010 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
I found this one just a bit more fun than the Valentine book. It has the same problem of not having very exciting places that the baby looked, but what the baby found was more interesting, especially the bats with the reflective foil paper. Was considering buying this, but this book's flaps were very similar to our other Katz book, so I went with something different. This book was part of an impressive Halloween book spread at Kmart.
Ashley
My 28 month old daughter usually love lift the flap books.
She didn't smile or laugh and point things out.
I been trying to get her excited for Halloween by getting dvds and book from the library.
i Will not being buying this book or reccomending it to anyother parents I know.
I believe it's working because yesterday out shopping with my mom she kept running towards
the Halloween section with big blown up decorations.
Robert
This is a cute book for Halloween for young children. This board book has textured pages (better done than any other book I have read). Baby is looking for her pumpkin. She keeps looking for it. The reader gets to lift a flap on every page. We see neat things beneath the flaps. Baby eventually finds her pumpkin.
Josiah
This is a good Halloween addition to Karen Katz's "Where Is Baby's...?" series of books. Book stores faithfully bring out this book to a prominent position among their array of other seasonal material, and I think that as a book it compares favorably with the rest of the author's releases.
Kai
This book has been among the first that my baby has actually interacted with. Many books are just plain pictures and words, but with the many flaps and hidden objects she really enjoys this one. Wish it had some textures built in, but overall a great book!
Joseph
My daughter loves this book, especially the fuzzy black cat, which she loves to touch. However, there is some serious copyright infringment going on in this book: there's a "friendly ghost." Hmm, anyway, this is still a great Halloween flip book.
Huddy Bun Bun
Many months later, this is still one of his favorite books. Loves pulling up the flaps and seeing what's underneath. Sometimes he shows he wants to read it by saying "pumpkin" "pumpkin" and will go get the book and bring it to us.
Heather
This was the best baby Halloween book we found. We're still reading it to our daughter because she absolutely loves it. I checked out "Where is Baby's Christmas Present?" and didn't like it half as much as I liked this one.
Bree
Baby board book that is textured and has the flip and fold pages. Very cute for little fingers.
Roy
Rebecca
My daughter absolutely loves the lift-the-flap books, with Karen Katz being some of our favorites, and with my excitement of holidays, this one fits right in.
Meredith

Baby searches for her pumpkin, discovering a host of adorably drawn Halloween objects before finally finding it.
Shala Howell
So much fun, especially since B's Halloween costume looks just like the one Baby is wearing!
Christina
Another one of Christopher's favorites. He had it memorized after 5 times! So cute!
B.E. Ringer Ringer
Cute and sweet! Simple, yet engaging. The glittery images were loved by my daughter!!
Donna
Very simple and mild Halloween book. Perfect for a toddler - nothing remotely scary.
Leah
Simple and cute lift the flap Halloween book. One to try in Halloween babytime.
Jessica
This is my daughter's new favorite book! We can't go anywhere without it :o)
Jocelin
Super cute, super easy read. Good first Halloween book for a toddler.
Natalie
cute and fuzzy for halloween
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose!: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree)
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • Boo, Bunny!
  • Good Night, I Love You
  • I Knew You Could!: A Book for All the Stops in Your Life
  • Ollie's Halloween
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • Bright Baby First Words
  • Skeleton for Dinner
  • Little Goblins Ten
  • Tubby
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...
Where Is Baby's Belly Button? Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book The Colors of Us Daddy Hugs A Potty for Me!