Start by marking “Otter Chaos” as Want to Read:
Otter Chaos

Otter Chaos

Lon Ewing snowboarded in and turned economist Corey Levigne’s life upside down, introducing him to a world he didn’t know existed. Corey’s still adjusting to a boyfriend who shifts into an otter and raids the koi pond—and now Lon says Corey’s department chair is a werewolf?

Wolves at the university, wolves in the bank—across Lon’s desk sits Professor Melvin Vadas and his he
Published October 9th 2015 by Rocky Ridge Books

To ask other readers questions about Otter Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otter Chaos

Veronica of V's Reads
This is a sweet and different M/M shifter romance.

Lon and Corey are newly coupled--just moved in together--and are working out all the kinks. As is normal for a new couple they need to figure out who's gonna do the household chores, and how they're going to manage car use and date night activities--but these "usual" issues are complicated by one simple fact: Lon is an otter shifter.

Every week he needs to spend some time in his otter form, 1-5 hours generally scratches that itch, while longer th
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.0 Stars

That really was quite adorable and like nothing I've ever read before. Given all the shifter books out there you'd think there would be more where the call of nature, of remaining in animal form, is almost too much to resist. And then trying to learn humaning again? Funny but heart-breaking for the actual human who had to keep faith his lover would find his way back to sentience.

Thankfully, it all worked out in the end.

(Also, I'm so glad that the abundance of ski-slang that peppered the
Josy
Gallic Cheesy Elf, you are the best!! Thank you sooo much, sweet Elf :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ The cover is adorable!
+ Lon being an otter was cute most of the time.
+ The short story Tail Slide at the beginning of the book is the prelude to the main story and describes how Lon and Corey got to know each other. It was sweet and drama-free.
+ Corey! He was sweet and understanding and tried everything to make Lon happy.

- The main story was kinda weird. I can't put my finger o
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆ ~ 4.5 Stars

Ever since I saw Ring of Bright Water http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064893/ when I was 9 or 10, I've loved otters. When I saw this for pre-sale, I jumped even though I hadn't read this otthour (see what I did there?) before.

Begins when Lon and Corey meet snowboarding and and they're getting along swimmingly until the day when Lon wants to take a bath and Corey finds an otter in the tub and no Lon. I liked the way this shifter story was told, differing POVs, even when Lon is an ot
Kira

I put this book on my "Story more interesting than romance" shelf, but in this case it's a compliment. The romance isn't bad, it's just not some tumultuous affair. The guys meet, like each other, start dating, then move in together and face the rest of the plot - no misunderstandings, only communication and support.

Yes, the romance isn't bad, but the rest of the story is just that good. Lon is an otter shifter, and his and other otters' antics here were cute beyond words. It was like be
Jenn (not Lily)
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting a meet-cute shifter story, but this was much more. Yes, we get the meet-cute in the first bit, Tail Slide, where two snowboarders meet and hit it off. But the rest of the story has three different conflicts which all intertwine and work together (or against each other) to build the relationship. I was happily surprised by this -- it could have lagged, but the pace was quick and exciting throughout, even when two of the conflicts were (mostly) resolved.
Feliz
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5

Otter shifters...Cuteness overload! Otters are awwwww... in and of themselves, but an otter with a smidgen of human smarts - let alone a human with a healthy dose of ottery insouciance - is nothing short of Adorable. Capital A.

A large part of this book was dedicated to questions that remain largely unanswered in other shifter books, namely the practicalities and rules of going from four-foot to two-foot and vice versa. Not in a textbook way, mind you; it was more like the whole plot wove arou
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Holy shit, it's like the author went out of his/her way to write complete and utter nonsense!! Also, the language here ... my G-d how headache inducing!! It takes real talent to destroy a totally adorable idea and in this, the author is truly talented. I mean, how is that even possible? How?!!? I feel like this story deserves another chance in the hands of a different author, and am confident any other rendition would have been far more successful. This was a complete waste of money (and I wish ...more
Pat Nelson
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever find yourself thinking, "Oh, another shifter story.. yawn."? Well, grab your ereader and hold on! P.D. Singer has given this wonderful tale a fresh, original twist with characters who are definitely not what you would expect. Treat yourself and settle in for a fantastic story.
❀~Amy~❀
Dec 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
A most wonderful elf, Gallic cheesy elf to be precise, gifted me this book. Thank you so much!!!!
K
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Very good otter shifter story. Lots of comedy, some drama, a few renegade wolves and fishes, lots and lots of fishes...
Aly
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How could I resist such a beautiful cover ?

Unfortunately, the enthusiasm stopped there for me and I only read the Tail Slide novella (it's how Corey and Lon met) and didn't read the other story that come after. I wasn't able to connect with the characters and quickly lost interest in the romance. Could be because they had sex almost right away but there was also something about the story that made me feel like some part were missing and I needed more information I guess.
Eve
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought
This book is in two parts. It starts with a short story about our MCs meeting and getting together. Then there is a longer second part where they're already living together, but they have to deal with a threatening pack of werewolves and some practicalities of shifter-human cohabitation. I liked both MCs and their distinct personalities.

Lon was a lot of fun, and his otter self was clearly adorable, but he was sooo high maintenance! He gets annoyed by questions, so poor Corey has to keep guessin
Christine
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Totally cute and fun story
Pati
Sep 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
While did end up finishing it but only by skimming and skipping.
Marlene
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

What would you do if you found out your boyfriend was an otter?

Not all the time. But what if you discovered that your new love had to “put on his fur” for at least an hour every week and quite literally turn into an otter? How freaked would you be?

Now, let’s make life even more confusing. Say that you are a relatively freshly-minted Ph.D. on the tenure track at your college. And your new otter-boyfriend lets you know that your department chair, the man who
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: eARC Review: Otter Chaos by P.D. Singer

Review by: multitaskingmomma
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

There is a cuteness to this book that is just so cute, it boggles the mind. Look at that face! No, not Corey. The otter. That otter is Lon, a shape-shifter who loves to play. He loves his Corey the two foot and he loves the koi in their pond. Play. Play. Play.

Unlike most other shifter stories, this one endangers the human side when the shift is not monitored. In the case of Lon, whose s
Amanda
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
P.D. Singer tickles our whiskers again with Otter Chaos. Part two of Tail Slide. In Tail Slide, Lon and Corey met in the snow covered Rockies, and were smitten from the beginning. Spending time together was always exciting no matter what the activity. The added element of surprise being Lon's ability to shape shift into an otter. He tries unsuccessfully to keep his secret from Corey as the relationship develops. An adorable episode in the bathtub, and one box of Cherios thoroughly destroyed, and ...more
Romancing the Book
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by the author for review
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Out of all of the shifter stories I’ve read either for this blog, or in my personal life, I can honestly say I have never read one about an otter before. That’s right, I said otter. Not wolves, not cats, not bears, but an otter. That is definitely something that hasn’t been done before, or at least I’ve never seen it done before. This is also a M/M otter shifter book.

I found this book appealing because i
Morgan  Skye
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first story: Tail Slide is the true “romance”. This is where Lon meets Corey and they fall in love. It’s amazing!

When Lon is “in his fur” he thinks just like an otter and it’s hysterical! He can somewhat reach his human side but he has a hard time of it. Unlike other shifter lore he MUST be in his fur for several hours a day or else he shifts spontaneously. He is truly half an animal and must honor that.

Corey is all human and has to adjust to this amazing development of finding an otter wher
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Some Good, Some Bad For me, his is one of those two-sided books. One Side: the book needs to be shortened and the writing & ideas needed to be streamlined. Some scenes were so overwritten I got confused who was doing what. The snowboarding scenes were written like we all know the sport, a sport that has its own lingo and style. In his human form, Lon himself was too odd at times to be cute. His behavior at times was so polar opposite from itself I got annoyed with him. I still don't really u ...more
Kara
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This was a very sweet shifter book. I have to say I have never read a otter shifter book before and I loved it! You get Lon who is a otter shifter and loves playing in the snow. That is were he meets Corey who is a human who likes snowboarding.
These two together were so sweet! They also have their danger in this book when a pack of wolves decides to kidnap Lon and tries to hurt Corey.
So not only do you get your sweet with this book but you also get your danger that will have you on the edge of
Rachel Emily
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
OK, so this was kinda all sorts of adorable, and I really liked that this was a different type of shifter romance.

I just LOVED Lon when he was the otter playing with the fish, and in the bathtub, and destroying rolls of toilet paper. And I loved him hitting the rocks to count "many" and "lots" of fish. AHHH just so adorable! I also liked that when he was an otter, he was definitely an otter, and it wasn't just a "I'm an otter but I am still 100% me" way of thinking like so many of the shifter ro
Kristy Maitz
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shape-shifters
Something was not right with that story plot!!!!!!

Shapeshifter story plots are always pulling so they attack readers. So, I had no problem to get into that book.

But after ending it I can admit that I am not satisfied with whole concept. The romance between both main characters is nothing but words. Reader does not feel the love between them so romance is not believable. Even shapeshifters conflict is ridiculous.

All, in all it could be better.
Monika
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: g-shifters
4 stars for Tail Slide
2 Stars for Otter Chaos
Averaging out to 3 Stars for both.

This book starts out with a cute, short little story called Tail Slide, that I adored. I wish Otter Chaos could have had the same feel to it but it didn't and the story lost me. It felt flat, even the connection I felt between Lon and Corey in the short was lost in Otter Chaos. Unfortunately it was a struggle to finish this book.

Zane Kage
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5

Definitely different from the average shifter book, this one ran the gamut from adorably cute and giggle-snort funny to kicking my butt and worrying me to melting my heart. Loved Lon (loved being in Otter Lon's head - best part of the book ), and pretty much spent a lot of time saying "Poor Corey". So glad I read this!
Amazonaute
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been meticulously goint through my TBR list, and I'm up to May. But then this book turned up, and it's called Otter Chaos. Why would I not read this book right now?

I have enjoyed the 1 other book I read by this author. This was fun too. I liked what he/she did with environmental compliance requirements. The m/m stuff was good too. The otters were fabulous!
Lily
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, shifters
3.2 stars. A pleasant story, which had some absolutely adorable moments.
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

Synopsis: Lon, an otter shifter, has moved in with his boyfriend, Corey. Lon still isn't entirely sure that Corey likes what Lon calls his "otter-ness"...or understands it. Corey doesn't understand that the koi pond that they built and stocked is a personal buffet for Lon, and that Lon also wants to protect the koi from other predators, such as birds.
Corey just wants to live with Lon and to protect the environment. He's not happy when Lon eats some of the koi that they just bought, and al
llv
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter
Rating: 4
There was a lot to like with this story. I liked both Lon and Corey as the MCs. I thought they made a great couple together. I thought the story itself was good. The protecting the environment portion got the message across without being preachy. I loved all the parts with the otters. Otters are so cute, and I could just picture all their antics and smile. I also liked that the author added a new take on the shifter genre. Sometimes, shifter stories tend to follow a pattern and this sto
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cronin's Key III (Cronin's Key, #3)
  • Gumption & Gumshoes
  • Hidden Gem (Hidden Gem, #1)
  • House of Theoden: Season Two Complete Boxset (The New Haven Series)
  • Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie #1)
  • Accidental Alpha (Pack Partners #1)
  • Protector of the Alpha (Shifting Needs, #1)
  • Prickly By Nature (Portland Pack Chronicles, #2)
  • Second Act
  • The Protector (Guardsmen, #1)
  • Leave It All (Saint Lakes, #1)
  • Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense #2)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • Purrfect Protector (Shifter Protection Specialists Inc. #1)
  • The Biker's Omega (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Tipping the Balance (CalPac Crew, #2)
  • City Wolf (Axton & Leander, #2)
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, one proto-adult, and a deficiency of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain Pam has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing her fidd