Start by marking “The Diamond Looking Glass (Cleopatra's Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Diamond Looking Glass (Cleopatra's Legacy, #3)

The Diamond Looking Glass

(Cleopatra's Legacy #3)

Beauty and the Beast.

The world knows it as a cartoon with dancing teacups and broomsticks. To twelve year old Claire La Fleur, it is family history, and the power behind Belle’s mirror is real. Every ten years her family gathers to see if the mirror will awaken, and for the last two hundred years it has slept.

This time, Claire’s touch awakens the magic within
Published October 27th 2015 by Skyrocket Press (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Diamond Looking Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diamond Looking Glass

Start your review of The Diamond Looking Glass (Cleopatra's Legacy, #3)
Sheila
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has so many fun things in it like time travel, Fairy Tales(Beauty and the Beast-One of my favorites!), Egyptian lore; specifically to do with Cleopatra and five lost gemstones, and lots of magical elements. These are some of my favorites things to read about so I knew I would like this story. This book can be read as a stand alone, but to get the true flavor of this series, reading the first two books will make it a more enjoyable experience.

Main character Claire is feisty and adventu
Yaritza
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a great adventure taking place in my favorite city Paris. I loved the fun and interactive plot. It was great to see that the mirror would only choose one person and they would interact with Cleopatra. It was filled with mystery, kidnaps and spies. It is a quick read.
Emmy
Fairy Tales might just be true. In the next installment of Cleopatra's Legacy we now find ourselves in France, where a family is participating in a long standing tradition trying to discover if one of their descendants has the power to awake the mirror, the one that the Beast gave to Belle many years ago.

The family is unaware that some of this mirrors power comes from the large diamond in it's handle, one of Cleopatra's special gems.

When Claire's touch awakens the mirror and the dia
Melanie Mason
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful continuance of the Cleopatra's Legacy series. Dorine White has done it again with a thrilling adventure. I love the fact that her stories happen in different places and we get a hint of different cultures and traditions. The illusion to the fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast is also a fun twist. The Diamond Looking Glass will be a great read for younger readers that will take them on a ride through imagination, and for older readers an adventure that is full of mystery, twi ...more
Terry Deighton
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young people aged 8 - 12 and anyone who likes France or Egypt.
A well-crafted story with intrigue, time travel, fantasy, a fairy tale, and Egyptian artifacts. Claire is a strong yet flawed heroine who learns how to value herself and not others' opinions. The plot moves along at a brisk clip, but the reader is enriched with glimpses of French culture and architecture, opera, and Egyptian history. This book will appeal to middle grade readers who like to learn while being entertained. It is well worth the time.
christy caldwell
Dorine White
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dorothy J
Cynthia Schwarzer
Amber Griffith
Alice Arnold
Oct 15, 2015
Hi, my name is Dorine White and I love books, reading and writing them. I am the author of several middle grade and YA fantasy novels including The Awakening and The Cleopatra's Legacy Series. I am a member of the SCBWI, ANWA, LDS Storymakers and the PNWA. I graduated from Brigham Young University with a BA in Humanities. . Contact me at authordorine@gmail.com

Cleopatra's Legacy (3 books)
  • The Emerald Ring (Cleopatra's Legacy, #1)
  • The Ruby Pendant (Cleopatra's Legacy, #2)