Start by marking “Secrets in Phoenix (Phoenix Holt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets in Phoenix (Phoenix Holt, #1)

Secrets in Phoenix

(Phoenix Holt #1)

When Sophie Ballester and her twin brothers Sam and Todd are uprooted from their home and sent to a remote boarding school run by their Great Aunt Ness, they stumble upon a hidden room that holds a secret—a secret that will change everything.

The people of Phoenix Holt are not what they seem.

In fact, nothing is.
Published October 13th 2015 by Oftomes Publishing (first published August 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets in Phoenix, please sign up.
Ben Alderson 12+
There is romance but It is nothing to graphic! …more
12+
There is romance but It is nothing to graphic! (less)

Start your review of Secrets in Phoenix (Phoenix Holt, #1)
Ben Alderson
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is going to be a spoiler free review!
I LOVED this book very much! The world building and character development is incredible! I feel in love with many of the characters! I was shocked by all the mysterious turn of events.

I would love to go to Phoenix Holt and join the academy and discover myself!

World filled with Demon, Witches and Warriors with an epic love story and coming of age journey!

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Casey Ann Books
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was so flipping good! I was blown away! the characters are amazing. The plot is amazing! I LOVE ME SOME PARANORMAL!!! and that cover though!!! :)

Connie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Source: I own a kindle copy of this book.
Cost: Preorder

Title: Secrets in Phoenix
Series: Phoenix Holt #1
Author: Gabriella Lepore
Genre: YA, Witch-y read, fantasy
Overall Rating: ALL OF THE STARS

As a lot of people that read my reviews or know me in general know that I love Gabriella Lepore's writing, so you can all imagine my excitement when I heard Ben from Benjaminoftomes announcing this book...and that he was publishing it! Firstly, that in itself is an incredible achievement so shou
Bianca {Until The Last Page}
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've had the ebook copy of this for months but it's only now that I was able to read it. I actually can't remember how I discovered Secrets in Phoenix but I remember hoarding ebooks published by Oftomes when they went on sale on Amazon. Well, I'm glad that I took that opportunity!

All orphans, Sophie together with her two older twin brothers, used to live with their grandfather in Port Dalton. Upon the sudden death of their guardian, they had to move to Phoenix Holt to be under the care of their
Jaroda Goddard
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Following unprecedented events, Sophie Ballester and her elder twin brothers move to Phoenix Holt. Upon their arrival however, they find themselves wrapped up in a mystery, one that seems to lie with the town's very inhabitants. As the siblings work to uncover the truth, they find that they may unearth more than they bargained for....

I received a free Kindle copy of Secrets In Phoenix from Of Tomes Publishing in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book! Gabriella Lepore crafts an intrigu
Krystal
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the twins! Good story and quite funny in some parts (you're too short. I thought you'd have grown more by now) haha. I kept picturing Jaxon as Evan Peters from american horror story weeeet wooo :)
Naomi
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***ORGINALLY POSTED www.escapefromrealities.com***

Description:

The people of Phoenix Holt are not what they seem.

In fact, nothing is.

My Thoughts:
I didn't want this book to finish. I loved every second of it. I completed this book in around a day with 5 hour
Glass Fairy
I really enjoyed this book! which didn't surprise me as I've read Gabriella's The Witches of The Glass Castle, and that was such a wonderful book!
This story centres around a young girl, Sophie, in her mid teens and her two older twin brothers, Sam and Todd (I loved Sam, but damn did I want to smack him sometimes when it came to Todd, poor guy!)
The book starts off with them all on a train to go an live with their aunt Ness, after there guardian and grandfather passed away.
Turns out there's a shoc
Lauren
Shelves: favourite-books
Secrets in Phoenix is by far my favourite book of 2015. This is the first I have read by Gabriella and I instantly fell in love with her writing. I was addictied to this from the first page. I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. Sophie, Sam and Todd were all great characters in their own way and I loved how their story developed. Jaxon was my favouritr character and he was portrayed so well. I loved that although he had his problems he still had a sensitive and caring side ...more
Cameo
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets in Phoenix was an intriguing, magical, page-flipping read. I was captivated from the start, and vividly swept into the pages, as its secrets were slowly revealed.
I traveled to Phoenix Holt, to Aunt Ness’ cabin nestled in the wood, with the Ballester children… and escaped into a world filled with suspense, mystery, romance, danger, and laughter.
The different personlaities and love shared by the siblings was endearing, and what can I say about Jaxon. I’d LOVE for him to be my mentor!
This
Mary Weber
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I've been in the worst reading slump of late (dear books, it's not you its me - just brain-fried I think) - and so Ben of Tomes sent me over this book as a cheer-me-up!! Annnnnd...I loved it. Very fun. Very cute. It's a rather enchanting story that promptly evoked the same whimsy as Harry Potter and Tuesday's at the Castle combined with the adventure of a good witchy-superhero book!!!! Seriously, my inner 14-year-old was breathless. I read it in one day and now I want another please!!!!!!
Alexis Johnson
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH!

I loved everything about this book! EVERYTHING! Besides Rueben...yeah, I don't like him. But JAXON!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love love love love love love love this book! I'd recommend it to everyone. And 5 stars because, it is amazing! And Gabriella Lepore did an amazing, awesome, amazing job writing it!!!!!
zaheerah
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
me: k I'll read a couple pages but then I need to write my extended project essay which is due next Thursday
me: finishes the book in a day

for now, let's just say OFSTED would not be pleased at the standard of teaching at this school. ( I also enjoyed this one waaay more than How I Found You)

When fifteen year old Sophie is sent, alongside her twin brothers, to a remote village and enrolled in a strange boarding school by their Great Aunt Ness, they never expected to find a hidden room which reve
Krystal Wade
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets in Phoenix was a fast-paced, fun, and energetic read that I found myself unable to put down. Sophie and her brothers, the ever-opposite twins Sam and Todd, are on their way to Phoenix Holt from their beloved home of Port Dalton. Unfortunately, their grandfather has passed away, leaving them in the care of their great aunt Ness, whom they've never met.

The trio is timid, unsure of what to expect, and if you ask me, they are met with nothing short of awesome. A new school, where learning co
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 STARS*
First of all thanks to the author for sending me a paperback edition of this awesome book, I really appreciated it! This book was my very first witch book and I have to say, it was good..very good.
I LOVED THE WRITING STYLE, it was just so easy to read and therefore fast paced AND very very funny.
I also liked Sophie as a protagonist, she was seriously so funny and I could understand why she did the things she did or thought about the things she thought about. Her twin brothers were so
Sara Santana
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely BLEW through this book! Though the first ten to fifteen pages were a little rough for me (probably more because of my complete book slump right now, less to do with Gabriella), as soon as we figure out that there is a little more to Phoenix Holt than previously expected, I was hooked. Sophie and her brothers are absolutely fantastic characters, and I'm in love with them from page one until the very last page. This book is dark, but fun, sexy but romantic, and a thrill through the en ...more
Michael woods
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect. Great characters who are really liable and relatable. After only a few chapters I loved all the characters and was immersed into the world and didn't want to leave.

Gabriella Lepore did any amazing job. The writing is perfect, packed with loads of action and adventure with dashes of humour. Will definitely be checking out other books by Gabriella.

A great read for anyone who loves a story about magic and witches. Even if you don't like witches or magical reads, still give t
Yasamin
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Initially gave this a 3 star review but I'm upping it to a 4 star. I did really enjoy this. One thing I have to say - Gabriella Lepore is a fantastic author. Her writing style is captivating and kept me interested throughout the book! I've read books by better known authors that were not definitely not written as well as Secrets in Phoenix (previously Phoenix Holt).

Full review to come! :)
Jaspreet Kaur | ballad_of_books
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorite
I wanna see this as a movie. Literally this book was a perfect Halloween read. The author is one of my favorite. My favorite character was Sam in this story. I liked the way he talked. it was so spooky and written so perfectly that I was like " Wow man it is something really good ".. Its a must read for everyone who likes to read about witches :)
Anna
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing storyline! Really loving the old witchy vibes!
Shelley
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabriella Lepore never fails to deliver. Phoenix Holt is an incredible book with amazing characters, a beautiful setting, magic and witches. What more could you want? A phoenix army maybe? Well it has that too!

Lepore's books are richly detailed with some of the most likeable, relatable characters ever presented in literature. I love how she explores sibling relationships as well as that of aunt and niece/nephew in Phoenix Holt. Aunt Ness is warm and loving whilst also being fierce and loyal I wa
Rachel
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I LOVED this book so much it is different from anything i have ever read before and Gabriella definitely succeeded in blowing away her readers. It was also an extra bonus that i got this book free as a kindle from amazon i will leave the link below for anyone else who is interested in reading this delightful book :)

Themis
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love how Lepore transported me to Phoenix Holt. I felt as if I was there with Sophie, Sam, and Todd. The secrets are revealed just at the right time in the story, and the character development is very good. You learned so much about their personalities. I highly recommend this book if you like paranormal, witches, demons, mystery.
Deirdre Metcalf
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, favorites
I loved this book!!!! It was filled with magic and witches and daemons and mystery and everything I love in a book. It also had some very sweet moments.

I hope there is a sequel and I can't wait!!!!
FangirlB
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is incredible and I absolutely love it. The story is amazing and so are the characters. It was so easy to read and it is a book you cannot put down because it never gets boring.
Christina
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**This book was sent to me in exchange for my honest, unbiased review**

I have never read anything by Gabriella Lepore. To be honest, I'd only known about her through YouTube videos and other author friends. It wasn't until I was presented with the opportunity to read this book that I realized what I had been missing out on.

I am beyond happy that I got to experience this read, if only for the fact that it introduced me to an author that I am very interested in reading more from. But there was al
Miranda
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted @ Miranda's Book Blog

Secrets In Phoenix, perfect for those seeking a story full of mystery, magic and romance! I have fallen absolutely in love with this story! With the feel of Harry Potter and the epic romance of Twilight, I never wanted this story to end!

I was excited to learn that this book takes place in the UK, in a sleepy, mysterious little town called Phoenix Holt. Within the town of Phoenix Holt lies Averett Academy. Let's just say that there are some interesting thin
Kira
Sophie and her twin brothers, Sam and Todd, had recently lost their grandfather who was their caretaker since their parents died when they were young. Their grandfather was estranged from the rest of his family. His sister, the last remaining relative of the children's, offered to take them in. Quickly after arriving at their aunt's, they realized there was a lot they had not known about their family history. The children were sent to a strange school where secrets started to unravel. Sophie met ...more
Meghan
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did not see that coming. Really that one sentence sums up my reaction to the book . . .which makes me incredibly happy! Some of the story is very straight forward, but other parts of the story make you think something has to be a certain way to only find out later that you were oh so wrong.

I enjoyed the writing style, the descriptive languages and the use of magic in this story. All three created the world of Phoenix Holt and brought it to life. When the story talks about the Phoenix sculpture
XinaHailey
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow! I honestly couldn't put this book down (I even read it whilst walking)
I don't think I've ever read a book about phoenixes and now I know that I'm missing out!
Such an incredible mix of characters and a plot that had me guessing up until the last minute!!
Safe to say I completely and utterly love Sam, as well as Sophie in who I have finally found a character who matches my level of real-life awkward ramblings haha
I haven't laughed at a novel the amount I did at this one in a long time, a
« previous 1 3 next »
Advanced Copies f...: ARC reviews needed for Paranormal YA 7 48 Dec 04, 2016 08:56PM

• Cracked (Soul Eaters, #1)
  • The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)
  • The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1)
  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • The Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1)
  • Black Moon Draw
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
  • Omega (Omega #1)
  • Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
  • Messenger of Fear (Messenger of Fear, #1)
  • Ash
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Edgeland
  • Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1)
  • Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook