Start by marking “Passion Bites” as Want to Read:

(Biting Love #9)

"A broken vampire and a driven doctor, seized by a passion neither can afford."

"Biting Love," Book 9

Dr. Alexis Byornsson has her hands full in the ER when her patient s uncle blows into the exam room. Stitching up a five-year-old s cut is hard enough without a blond god distracting her all to hell.

To say she s furious is putting it mildly not that anyone would notice. Not
Published December 8th 2015 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Passion Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion Bites

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

It’s always fun to read and review a Mary Hughes book knowing that the residents of Meier’s Corners, the Strongwell’s, Elias and Nosferatu are going to be up to their old tricks … it’s like visiting with family members around the holidays and reminiscing about old times, laughing and just having fun.

And, fun we had with Passion Bites. Luke Steel, even though he was broody, suspicious and untouchable had his moments in the story where you saw
Marta Cox
Ok I read a lot of paranormal books but honestly hadn’t heard of this author before. This book happens to be the ninth in her Biting Love series I believe and yes from that title I’d guessed it featured vampires. I do think I might have enjoyed it slightly more if I’d discovered and read the previous books but actually I did understand this story so yes it worked as a stand-alone.
Essentially we have Alexis, a hard working ER doctor determined to open a women’s centre and she nearly has everythin
Elaine
This is the ninth book in the series but it works well as a standalone - I haven’t read any of the previous eight novels but still enjoyed this one which stars a thirty-nine year old Doctor who prides herself on her control and a vampire with a long term broken heart in a story which involves danger, long term plotting, scientific experimentation, poisons, flawed secret family members, kidnapping and soul mates in a fast paced thriller.

Doctor Alexis Byornsson is working in A&E, preparing to
Sunny
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC Review:

I don’t know if it is a trend or just a coincidence, but a couple of the last books I read have the some of the same issues. These authors give astute insights into their characters, but the writing and dialogue seem mismatched with the story. Passion Bites is an entertaining PNR story. I think the characters are likable and the plot points are interesting enough to hold my attention. The author identifies some interesting insight into friendship and partnership. I think she is very
Maranda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled, netgalley
This is the first in this series I have read but... it was an excellent stand alone. Lots of unique characters and some that make me want to catch up on this series. Always love a vampire story that includes the challenges of having children and their amazing abilities. Hughes told an amazing romance with good winning over evil. "A copy of this book was provided by Entangled via Net Galley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
Eva Millien
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nicknamed Dr. Frozen, Dr. Alexis Byornsson is furious when she’s distracted from stitching up a five-year-old’s cut by a blond god, not that anyone would notice in this thrilling paranormal romance.

For the first time in three hundred years, passion stirs in Luke Steel right along with panic because he’s sworn he’d never feel powerless again and the reader can’t help but get drawn into the story as one blazing kiss shatters her logical armor and his wholly unwanted mating instinct. The chemistry
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

See this review in its natural environment, Dani Reviews Things.

Trigger warning! This book refers to domestic abuse situations, so please keep that in mind and avoid if necessary.
QUICK REVIEW
Passion Bites is the ninth book in the Biting Love series, and the stars of the show are vampire Luke and broke doctor Alexis. While their attraction to each other is pretty instant, they both have their stubborn reasons for not getting involved. There was plenty of steam, but there was also quite a lot of humour (if
*Flora*
I enjoyed this book. You can read my full review on my WordPress Blog Flora's Musings...

It's the first one I've read from this author and although it's Book 9 in her Biting Love series I felt that it worked as a standalone novel.
Saying that, someone who has read the previous books in the series will obviously "get" more from the nuances displayed between the supporting characters and the history of previous story arcs will add depth for them.

...So, what did I like about it?
I haven’t read any
Michelle Woods
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Love her books... Got hooked with Nixie's book and have loved them all.

This book is about Alexis Byornsson and Luke Steel...
Hmmmm....can I just say I love her men they always are excellent but soo very clueless about their women and Luke is no different...

He has been through a lot losing his mate or at least the woman he thought was his mate only we find out that wasn't really the case that the bond between them wasn't complete and that's why when he finds Alexis he falls hard for her... but the
Andrea Heltsley
I was bummed when I picked this book up and found out it was book #9 in the series. The description sounded so good!
To my chagrin, it was a fantastic read! I really liked the characters, especially the two main characters. Even the supporting characters were quirky and fun.
The plot was pretty good and kept me interested in it until the last page.
The romance was sexy and steamy, leaving me content with the way everything unraveled.
Overall, I enjoyed this book, and am giving Passion Bites five gli
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Passion Bites by Mary Hughes is book 9 in the Biting Love Series. This is the story of Alexis Byornsson and Luke Steel. I haven't yet read the previous books, so for me this was a standalone book.
Alexis is a doctor who was treating Luke's niece when their attraction for each other hit. Luke is taken back by what he is feeling for Alexis because he is to only have one mate in is time and that one died a long time ago. Since his mate's death he has felt anything for another women until Alexis. Al
Rebecca
Good fast story

I got this not realizing there were other books in this series, if I'd known if have read the.others first because some past stories are talked about in this one although they do tell what happened. I just think this book would have.been better reading the others first. Now as for the.nook, the writing is ok but some things just napped a lot faster than is realistic and I think would have been a he'll of a lot better.if they had slowed down some things like what happens when the t
Charlotte Lowe
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Passion Bites

This book is about strong characters, strong family and a strong love. Families should support and love each other --but not always.
Denise
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Denise's review is posted on I am Shelfless

I originally had this review down on December 31st, but it turns out I haven't clicked the scheduled button before it went holiday crazy. As I participated for the blog tour of Passion Bites before, the excerpt got me intrigued and I couldn't request fast enough for a review copy because of my love of vampires, witty protagonists, explosive romances.

All right? What did he mean by that? All right, take my blond masculine head and bury it in your comforti
Barbara Desmond
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I accept that stand alones are going extinct. Soon there will be commercials where you can symbolically adopt a stand alone author while series keep on flooding through book land. One thing that annoys me about series is the book not mentioning that it is a series. This is the ninth in a series but I don't see anything about that mentioned on the cover. Why can't they mention it? Some books do and some even put the number on the spine which I find fabulous.

I wish there was a job where I
Tracey
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Dr. Alexis Byornsson senses that there is something different about Luke Steel. Six-plus feet of blond godliness that has Alexis' circuits sizzling, there's more to him than meets the eye. But as a resident of Meier's Corner, Alexis knows that there is plenty going on in town that the rest of the world wouldn't believe. Because Luke Steel is a vampire, yep, the 'V' word, and things in Alexis' world are about to get really interesting.

Although PASSION BITES is the 9th book in the Biting Love ser
Carrie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have only read one other book in this series (something like 5 books before this one) but this book read absolutely fine as a standalone. While there were certainly serious and deep moments, it was still a really fun read. Who wouldn’t want to read about an uptight doctor and the damaged vampire who happen to light the pages on fire with their chemistry?

Alexis is the aforementioned uptight doctor. She’s always followed her “grand
Kim
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
ER doctor, Alexis, has to stitch up a child when the child’s uncle storms into the room, looking like a Greek God and full of sex appeal. Luke is very protective of his niece, but when he sees the sexy doctor, he is drawn to her and they share a kiss within the first 20 pages!! Talk about moving fast!

I did not enjoy Alexis at first. She seemed whiney and immature for a doctor. But, she grew on me as the story went on and I eventually started to like her. Luke was very likable (and lick-able, but
Melissa
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Passion Bites, A Fun, Steamy Read
When I first skimmed over the synopsis for this book I didn't totally missed the part that clearly states that it is the ninth... yes NINTH book in the series, I hate to come in after the beginning of the series, but the blurb was so catchy I decided to jump on in anyway. I am so glad that I did, I really loved the story, it read very well as a standalone. That being said, I fully intend to go back and read the previous books. This book was such a light, fun read
loves 2 read romance
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

I have to admit I started reading this book without realizing it was book 9 I will say that while I knew I was missing some past history with the characters it still did not diminish my interest in this story.
Alexis has a reputation for being "Dr Frozen" she does her job and steers clear of entanglements well that is until a sexy as sin man rushes into her exam room while she is tending to her patient. Something about him makes her ice walls start to melt.
Luke has had his chance and knows he do
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
This was a fun story with wonderful characters and an entertaining plot. If you enjoy paranormal romance and looking for a unique story that is filled with action, suspense and humour then you will enjoy this installment.
See full review at

Peggy
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
**SPOILER FREE**

Not my normal type of read... and normally I wouldn't take on books like this for review, but I must say that I'm glad I did. I enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would have. The characters are well developed and the story flows smoothly.

*Received for a honest review*
Keri
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I expected more out of Luke, he was actually kinda whiny. All in all this is a great addition to the series though.
Victoria
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Anino
An enjoyable read.

Review soon to come.

Giving this one: 3 stars.
Stacy
Jan 04, 2016
Lynn Jones
Sep 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I write steamy paranormal romances and wickedly fun romantic adventures, stories that crackle with action and love. Challenging, smart alpha men—and women not afraid of a challenge. Oh, do the sparks fly when he meets THE woman guaranteed to infuriate and inflame him most.

In real life I'm a USA Today bestselling author, a spouse and mother, a flutist, a computer geek, and a binge-TV-watcher of The

Biting Love (10 books)
  • Bite My Fire (Biting Love Series Book 1)
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Me Softly (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Oz (Biting Love Series)
  • Beauty Bites (Biting Love Series)
  • Downbeat (Biting Love Series)
  • Assassin's Bite (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Serendipity: April Fools For Love (Biting Love Short Bites Book 4)