Start by marking “This Tender Melody (The Gentlemen of Queen City #1)” as Want to Read:
This Tender Melody (The Gentlemen of Queen City #1)

This Tender Melody

(The Gentlemen of Queen City #1)

Rivals--in perfect harmony...
The only thing standing between Eve Franklin and her dream is over six feet of pure, arrogant alpha male. Eve has spent years preparing to take the reins of her family's software business. Now that her father is stepping down, he's putting someone else in charge--a gorgeous tech magnate who's not content with just taking Eve's place in the boa
Hardcover
Published January 6th 2016 by Thorndike Press (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about This Tender Melody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Tender Melody

Priscilla
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kianna Alexander has taken Kimani Romance to a new level with the release of This Tender Melody, the first book in her Gentlemen of Queen City Series. Joseph Franklin has finally accepted that it is time for him to retire as CEO for Franklin Technologies Incorporation. Before he could do that, he wanted to make sure that he lives the company in good hands. Eve, his daughter, knows everything there to know about FTI. Even though she hates to see her father retire, she is ready to continue his leg ...more
Tracy Hale
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book read by Kianna Alexander and I must say it was excellent. I loved Darius and Eve from the start. I read this book in one day due to the fact I couldn't put it down for a long period of time. This is a loving book that will touch your heart in so many ways, you will laugh and cry. I can't wait to read the next one Kianna.
Cynthia Taylor
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can love conquer years of mistrust, vulnerability and deep hurt? Can an Alpha Male and Alpha Female get out their baggage and make love work? Can soulful Jazz break down walls out up? This book was so good I couldn't stop until I had finished it!
Reshemah
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!!!
I loved Darius and Eve's story. This book brought out a lot of emotions in me. The author did a great job of describing every scene and made me feel like I was right there with the characters going through the hard times and the good ones, with them. Excited to read the next book in the series!
Kelly Murphy
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice

I enjoyed Kianna's first Kamani book. But like all her books it was a nice read. I look forward to reading more and I hope Darius and Eve's friends get their own books.
Brenda
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Can't wait for Book 2
Karen
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. However, this does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

In this romantic title the reader is introduced to Eve Franklin, a highly successful in the parents business and the sole heir to the Franklin empire. She has everything that any woman will like independence, money and power but one thing she has not been successful in and that is love. Everything is going smoothly with Eve until a family crisis that shakes the
Biggaletta Day
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, easy to read and a slant of humour. A sweet and cleanish romance.

So this is about pampered boring Eve who is overlooked for promotion in her family business for sexy hot outsider Darius Winstead. A lot happens in this book, some of which I thought was overkill. Darius seemed a little desperate as if he was walking around with a perma-erection in his pants. Yes, because he wants a taste that.

A family tragedy happens to Eve so Darius moves in on his goal to get a piece of that. Final
CaroMommie
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let’s start with the cover, the lead, Darius, plays the bass, why is there a sax on the cover? This book let me know in the first three pages it was going to be trash. I felt the cardboard cutouts fall right off the pages.

The two leads, Darius and Eve are rather bland. They asked of themselves maybe two questions of doubt before they fell into each other. Their resistance took as long as it does to make up your mind in the drive through.

And if you’re into adjectives, this story is for you, it’s
Angie Hardy
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Tender Melody was a book that I couldn't put down !!! The chemistry between Eve and Darius was so real it made you feel as if you were friends of theirs and had a front row seat to their growing romance , This is the 1st Kimani Romance book that I have read by Kianna Alexander not only has she made me love jazz music with The GentleMen of Queen City she also has me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on her next book!!
Cynthia Taylor
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve's reaction when her Father announced Darius as head of the company was well deserved! Her reaction to Darius has to be dealt with! The journey between these two, both professionally and personally is heartwarming, fun, HOT and intriguing! Kudos, Kianna Alexander!
Jennifer Copeland
This Tender Melody was an awesome read!! I finished it in one day! I loved the storyline. I experienced every emotion possible while reading this book!! If you're looking for a book about true love this is it!!
Raytarsha Bell
A bit tired.

I'm sure this book will leave someone anxious to read the series. I on the other hand am not interested. The story seemed to drag, I am sure that back ground info is important but this background took to long to develop. The next couple in the series met early in this book, their story had time to be explored while the main characters interact. I couldn't wait to the end, it too long for the storyline to develop.
Tonia  Smith
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Music Man

I absolutely got all twisted up in Darius and Eve's romance. What woman doesn't fantasize about falling for a guy in the band? A jazz musician at that.
Mary
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reading this author and thoroughly enjoyed this story. Great start to this series.
Jacquie Morris
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait to see how the other 'Gents' stories unfold. Really Great Read!!😘😘😘

Kianna, you rock.
Authoress Nikqua
This book was so good. Although, Eve got on my nerves, I’m happy her and Darius got their happily ever after.
Ophelia Darby
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This was a relaxing book for the holidays.
Marsha
Sexual harassment on the job is a serious issue in the 20th and 21st centuries. Any competent job manual (or dating guidebook) strongly advises against office romances. Romantic hijinks in the workplace can engender ugly whispers, scandal-mongering, implications that so-and-so is sleeping his or her way to the top or that someone more competent was passed over for promotion because the new CEO slept with the boss. It’s best to avoid all that, right?

That’s what Eve Franklin tells herself. It’s go
The CurvyJones
Accidentally deleted this book from my list. Repost

Ever since I discovered the Kimani imprint at Harlequin Romance a few years ago, I have delighted in finding talented black authors writing OUR love stories. I found Farrah Rochon there and now that I have read Kianna Alexander, I have another author to stalk. Errr. Follow.

This was SUCH a great read. I was really looking forward to it, from the moment that Kianna announced that this book would be her Kimani debut. From front cover (I mean, GIRL,
Marilyn Diamond
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novel. Eve Franklin and only child adores her father. Mr. Joseph Franklin built the multi-millon dollar empire of Franklin Technological Institute and must give up his CEO title because of health issues. Reluctantly Mr. Franklin brings in a former mentee to run the organization until his daughter can be brought up to speed with investors and the board of trustees's. Eve Franklin is not having it and launches into Darius Winstead until their attraction for one another get's in the wa ...more
Shone
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Darius Winsted has it all, he's rich, handsome, and alpha male and retired before the age of 40, can life get any better? Only child Eve Franklin has been the perfect daughter, giving up week end trips with her girls, dating all so she can be ready to take over her fathers company when he retires. There is always a twist in life read book 1 in The Gentlemen if Queen City series be ready to get angry, cry and laugh. Awesome Kianna!
Shannan Harper
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one in the Gentlemen of Queen city series. Eve Franklin feels she's ready to take over her father's software business, but Dad think otherwise. He ends up choosing an old friend Darius Winstead, and let's just say a lot of drama, ego and sexual tension is involved. I really liked this story, and I'll be on the lookout for the rest of the series.
Toni
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Eve Franklin is not happy that her father gave the CEO position to Darius Winstead, a tech magnate. Eve feels she is more than qualified. As much as she thinks Darius is arrogant, he's more than qualified and her heart is softening if she's willing to trust.
Shauntavia Mcintyre
I love how Kianna Alexander gives us readers a new way to show us that love and sorrow can happen when you least expect it. But it's the way you have faith and strength that helps shape our actions and decision-making Ion the way we deal with it.
Niki Jarrett
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I enjoyed this love story of Eve and Darius. I loved the cast of characters and the introduction to their personalities. Interested in getting to know more about them and reading their stories.
Tigger
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to the rest of the series!
Carol
Dec 01, 2015
Saundra
Jun 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
I've always loved the written word. For as long as I can remember, I read as much as I could, as often as I could. Cereal boxes, newspapers, product packaging. Ebony, Essence, and Jet Magazine. Billboards. I loved it all. I read the entire Fear Street series, as well as the Sweet Valley Books, from Twins and Friends through Sweet Valley High. Each week I'd bring 15 or 20 books home from the librar ...more

The Gentlemen of Queen City (4 books)
  • Every Beat of My Heart (The Gentlemen of Queen City, #2)
  • A Sultry Love Song (The Gentlemen of Queen City #3)
  • Tempo Of Love (The Gentlemen of Queen City, #4)
“She placed the receiver back into the cradle” 0 likes